|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What invitation does Sam receive?
(a) To take Tyler to a specialist in New York City.
(b) To join a right-wing Zionist organization.
(c) To visit his former wife in France.
(d) To join the ASHamed Jews.
2. What does Libor suggest Julian needs?
(a) A wife.
(b) A woman.
(c) A valet.
(d) A vacation.
3. To whom did Libor make a promise to live for a certain event?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His son.
4. What does Julian visit again?
(a) The woman who held the lavish party.
(b) His mother's grave.
(c) The place of his mugging.
(d) Tyler's grave.
5. What do Tyler and Julian think Sam deserved?
(a) Tyler having sex with Julian.
(b) Sam being impotent.
(c) Julian having more money.
(d) Tyler dying.
6. What might have been missing from Julian's life?
(a) A sense of self.
(b) A good dog for companionship.
(c) A palpable loss.
(d) A feeling of accomplishment.
7. What does Julian hope to clear out of his head?
(a) The nonsense that is filling it.
(b) The hope of meeting a woman.
(c) The desire to be a real father to his sons.
(d) The hope that his sons and he will have a good time.
8. What is Julian doing when someone taps him on the shoulder?
(a) Trying to get a hold of his umbrella as it is caught by the wind.
(b) Looking in the window at Markham's.
(c) Tying his shoe in front of Stoleman's.
(d) Looking in the window at J. P. Guivier's.
9. What has Alfredo never told his mother or half brother?
(a) About fathering a child.
(b) Being in love with a Jewish girl.
(c) About his friendship with Sam.
(d) That he is gay.
10. How long before Tyler's death did Sam appear on "Desert Island Discs"?
(a) 1 month.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 6 months.
11. What really galls Julian about the incident?
(a) He had just broken the other arm last year.
(b) He did not put his pistol in his pocket.
(c) The attacker is a woman.
(d) He'd been trying to hail a taxi with no luck.
12. What surprises Sam when Libor invites Sam over for dinner?
(a) That Libor does not want to go over to Julian's place.
(b) That Libor did not enjoy his date with Emily.
(c) That Libor canceled his trip to Budapest.
(d) That Libor needs company twice in one week.
13. What must Libor promise if he goes to Sam's place for Chinese food?
(a) To bring some of his vintage wine.
(b) Not to talk about Malkie.
(c) Not to talk about Israel.
(d) To bring a date.
14. What does Sam say Julian wants to be?
(a) A Jew.
(b) A superman.
(c) A hero.
(d) A philosopher.
15. What happens when Julian is on his way home from dinner with friends?
(a) He is shot at.
(b) He is attacked.
(c) He falls and breaks his arm.
(d) He is almost hit by a taxi.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Libor tell Julian to go ahead and do?
2. What was Tyler's feeling about Sam's appearance on "Desert Island Discs"?
3. Why does Alfredo introduce Julian to Hannah?
4. What are Julian's sons doing just as someone is tapping Julian on the shoulder?
5. What disappoints Sam as he looks around the room in the meeting?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)