|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprises Sam when Libor invites Sam over for dinner?
(a) That Libor needs company twice in one week.
(b) That Libor does not want to go over to Julian's place.
(c) That Libor did not enjoy his date with Emily.
(d) That Libor canceled his trip to Budapest.
2. Where is Julian on a school holiday?
3. What does Julian wonder if he'll ever understand?
(a) Why he allows a woman to rob him.
(b) Why he seemed like an easy mark to a woman.
(c) Why he is psychologically attracted to the woman who robs him.
(d) The things Finklers do and do not.
4. What disappoints Sam as he looks around the room in the meeting?
(a) There are few of the illustrious comedieans and actors in attendance.
(b) There is only one other young man present.
(c) Most of the men look disheveled.
(d) There are very few woman.
5. What does Julian yell when he is tapped?
6. What does Sam become as an adult?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A judge.
(c) A well-known television personality.
(d) An accountant.
7. What does Libor suggest Julian needs?
(a) A vacation.
(b) A valet.
(c) A woman.
(d) A wife.
8. What has Alfredo never told his mother or half brother?
(a) About his friendship with Sam.
(b) That he is gay.
(c) Being in love with a Jewish girl.
(d) About fathering a child.
9. Who is Merton Kugle?
(a) Sam's best friend.
(b) A man who supports a boycott.
(c) Tyler's former boss.
(d) A Jewish man who refused to join the Ashamed Jews.
10. Why should Julian have been prepared for what happens?
(a) His mother had warned him.
(b) Because he always sees things coming.
(c) His friends had warned him.
(d) His father tried to prepare him for anything.
11. What does Hephzibah do after leaving her last job?
(a) Sets up a museum of Anglo-Jewish culture.
(b) She is living off a trust from her grandmother.
(c) She is writing a novel.
(d) She is researching for writing a history of the Anglo-Jewish culture.
12. How old is Emmy's grandson?
13. What does Sam do after Libor leaves?
(a) Looks through Tyler's things.
(b) Works on his oil painting.
(c) Goes to sleep.
(d) Goes to a neighborhood pub.
14. With whom does Julian leave the party?
(c) No one.
15. Why did Sam appear on "Desert Island Discs"?
(a) He thought it was good for his career.
(b) He wanted to hurt Tyler.
(c) Because Tyler wanted him to appear on the show.
(d) He was offered a great deal of money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Libor think about Julian and Hephzibah?
2. What job has Hephzibah recently left?
3. Who does Libor suggest Julian telephone?
4. What does Libor tell Julian to go ahead and do?
5. Who is Hephzibah Weizenbaum?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)