|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What might have been missing from Julian's life?
(a) A feeling of accomplishment.
(b) A good dog for companionship.
(c) A sense of self.
(d) A palpable loss.
2. What does Sam say Julian wants to be?
(a) A Jew.
(b) A hero.
(c) A philosopher.
(d) A superman.
3. What does Julian hope to clear out of his head?
(a) The nonsense that is filling it.
(b) The hope that his sons and he will have a good time.
(c) The hope of meeting a woman.
(d) The desire to be a real father to his sons.
4. What is the agreement Julian makes?
(a) He will stop visiting his sons' mothers.
(b) He will stop seeing his Jewish friends.
(c) He will begin visiting his sons' mothers.
(d) He will make a decision after vactioning with his sons.
5. What is Julian not up to recalling?
(a) The face-painting incident.
(b) The incident in the House of Mirrors at the Fair.
(c) The bungee-jumping incident.
(d) His mother's admonishions about women.
6. What do Tyler and Julian think Sam deserved?
(a) Tyler having sex with Julian.
(b) Julian having more money.
(c) Sam being impotent.
(d) Tyler dying.
7. What does Julian wonder about his sons?
(a) If they are anti-Semites.
(b) If his sons scorn him.
(c) If they would have rather gone to Italy.
(d) If they really want to be in Paris with him.
8. Who is Kimberley?
(a) A German.
(b) An American.
(c) A Russian.
(d) An Italian.
9. What does the gypsy woman say to Julian?
(a) Julian would fall in love and his wife would kill him.
(b) Danger would accompany a man named Justin.
(c) Julian would fall in love and his wife would run around on him.
(d) Danger would accompany a woman named Juno, Julie or Judith.
10. What does Emmy suggest Libor do?
(a) Come with her to Prague.
(b) Write about Malkie.
(c) Come with her to the United States.
(d) See a grief counselor.
11. Who is Malkie?
(a) Libor's Maltese dog.
(b) Sam's current wife.
(c) Julian's ex-wife.
(d) Libor's deceased wife.
12. What does Sam make a great show of doing?
(a) Caring for his parents.
(b) Being fair in his talk show.
(c) Caring for Tyler.
(d) Attending synagogue every morning.
13. With whom can Libor not fathom having an affair?
(a) A female lawyer.
(b) A business woman.
(c) Someone who looks German.
(d) An actress.
14. With whom does Julian leave the party?
(d) No one.
15. With whom might Julian move in?
(c) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julian do during the night after work?
2. What does Julian yell when he is tapped?
3. What does Julian think Tyler should not have to do?
4. Why does Alfredo introduce Julian to Hannah?
5. What surprises Sam when Libor invites Sam over for dinner?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)