|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Libor apologize?
(c) No one.
2. Who does Libor suggest Julian telephone?
(a) His childhood sweetheart.
(b) A family friend or relative.
(c) A medical doctor.
(d) A psychiatrist.
3. What does Sam do when he gets online?
(a) Goes through the personals.
(b) Reads about grief.
(c) Plays poker.
(d) Reads about Israel.
4. Why does Sam have a falling out with the group?
(a) Over the wording of a resolution.
(b) Over an article one of them writes.
(c) He does not have a falling out.
(d) Over a boycott.
5. What profoundly shames Sam?
(a) That his grandfather was in the Israeli Parliment.
(b) The way the Jews handled Palestine.
(c) That Tyler refused to support him publicly.
(d) That his parents were avid Zionists.
6. What does the gypsy woman say to Julian?
(a) Julian would fall in love and his wife would run around on him.
(b) Danger would accompany a woman named Juno, Julie or Judith.
(c) Danger would accompany a man named Justin.
(d) Julian would fall in love and his wife would kill him.
7. About what is Hephzibah not certain?
(a) Julian's certainty.
(b) Her feelings about being involved with a Gentile.
(c) Her feelings about Julian's sons.
(d) Her feelings about Julian.
8. With whom can Libor not fathom having an affair?
(a) Someone who looks German.
(b) A female lawyer.
(c) An actress.
(d) A business woman.
9. What left Sam more angry than sad?
(a) That Tyler got sick and died so quickly.
(b) That his son's death was so senseless.
(c) That Malkie did not say anything of her feelings to Libor.
(d) The premature death of Tyler.
10. What does Dr. Lattimore tell Julian?
(a) He has a hematoma on the back of his head.
(b) His nose is not broken.
(c) He has a slight concussion.
(d) His nose is broken.
11. What does Julian name his assailant?
12. What might have been missing from Julian's life?
(a) A palpable loss.
(b) A sense of self.
(c) A feeling of accomplishment.
(d) A good dog for companionship.
13. Where is Julian on a school holiday?
14. Of what is Tyler ashamed?
(a) Sam's being photographed in public with a mistress.
(b) Sam's public display of shame.
(d) Sam's denial of Tyler's illness in public.
15. How old is Emmy's grandson?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sam become as an adult?
2. What is Julian not up to recalling?
3. What does Sam not have the courage to ask Tyler?
4. What disconcerts Julian when he introduces Hephzibah to Sam and Libor?
5. What does Julian not understand about his friend Libor?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)