|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Delph and Harry Two injured when Vega flies over the Wall?
2. What is the name of the pitch site where the Duelum fights take place?
3. What does the cobble say the punishment is for trespassing in the Hall of Truth in TRIGINTA SEPTEM: “A Case of Cobbles”?
4. What word in the novel refers to the medics that attend to those fighting in the Duelum?
5. What is the name of the tavern in Wormwood?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Vega and Delph perform in their first fights of the Duelum in TRIGINTA QUINQUE: “The Battle Begins”?
2. What message does Vega Jane receive from Thansius in QUINQUAGINTA DUO: “The End of the Beginning”?
3. Who comes to Vega Jane’s home to arrest her in VIGINTI OCTO: “Valhall”? Why?
4. To whom does Vega Jane give her Duelum winnings to in QUINQUAGINTA: “The Duelum Champion”? Why?
5. Where does Vega Jane go first in the morning that opens QUADRAGINTA NOVEM: “To the Death”? Why?
6. What does Vega Jane learn from her encounter with Thaddeus Kitchen in QUADRAGINTA DUO: “A Bit of Mischief”?
7. What confrontation takes place at the Care between Vega and Morrigone in TRIGINTA QUATTUOR: “Magical Me”?
8. What does Vega Jane discover about the straps for the Wall in TRIGINTA NOVEM: “All Fall Down”?
9. Whom is Vega slated to fight in the first round of the Duelum in TRIGINTA TRES: “Foes United”? How does Vega feel about this opponent?
10. What exchange takes place between Vega and Delph at the hospital in QUADRAGINTA TRES: “A Matter of Parchment”?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Vega Jane’s experiences while flying with Destin in the reading. What does Vega Jane discover about Wormwood and the Quag from her vantage point in the sky? How does this experience change her perspective of Wormwood and the Quag?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the narrative style of The Finisher. Is the narrative related from a first, second, or third-person narrator? Is the narrator involved in the action of the story? Is the story told in the present or past tense? What effect does each of these authorial choices have on the reader?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss the character of Harry Two in the narrative. Where does Harry Two first appear to Vega? Why does he remind Vega of her dog Harry? What characteristics does Harry Two exhibit?
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)