|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Morrigone say Jurik Krone actually hated in TRIGINTA: “Do or Die”?
2. Where does Vega Jane take Delph to dinner in QUADRAGINTA QUINQUE: “A Special Night”?
3. Where does Vega go for dinner in QUINQUAGINTA DUO: “The End of the Beginning”?
4. Why has Vega’s opponent in the third round of the Duelum been exempted from the fight?
5. Hestia Loon gives Vega a chain with what attached on the end for luck?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Vega Jane awaken to discover in QUINQUAGINTA: “The Duelum Champion”?
2. To whom does Vega Jane give her Duelum winnings to in QUINQUAGINTA: “The Duelum Champion”? Why?
3. What exchange takes place between Vega Jane and Morrigone at the funeral in QUADRAGINTA SEPTEM: “Dust to Dust”?
4. What confrontation takes place at the Care between Vega and Morrigone in TRIGINTA QUATTUOR: “Magical Me”?
5. How is Vega Jane’s trial before the Council described in VIGINTI NOVEM: “Council”?
6. What change does Thansius announce regarding the Duelum in VIGINTI SEPTEM: “The Duelum”?
7. What encounter takes place between Morrigone and Vega at Vega’s cottage in TRIGINTA QUATTUOR: “Magical Me”?
8. Where does Vega Jane go first in the morning that opens QUADRAGINTA NOVEM: “To the Death”? Why?
9. How does Vega perform in her second fight of the Duelum in TRIGINTA OCTO: “A Wager to Win”? What news does Vega learn at the end of this chapter?
10. Where does Vega decide to go after work in TRIGINTA SEX: “Hall of Truth”? Who comes with her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and analyze Vega Jane’s experience in the past where she sees Morrigone on the evening of Virgil’s Event. What takes place in this “flashback”? What information does Vega learn from witnessing this occasion? How does this information change Vega’s perspective of Morrigone?
Essay Topic 2
What does Vega Jane know of her own history and the history of her ancestors? What is taught to the young Wugs regarding the history of Wormwood? What questions remain for Vega regarding her history?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the narrative style of The Finisher. Is the narrative related from a first, second, or third-person narrator? Is the narrator involved in the action of the story? Is the story told in the present or past tense? What effect does each of these authorial choices have on the reader?
This section contains 933 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)