|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What lines the walls of the Hall of Truth?
2. What does “VIW” stand for, according to the narrator in TRIGINTA QUINQUE: “The Battle Begins”?
3. What color robes are Thansius and Morrigone wearing when Vega is brought before the Council?
4. Duk Dodgson is described as a protégé of whom?
5. Who ordered the changes to the Wall straps which caused them to weaken?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Vega Jane awaken to discover in QUINQUAGINTA: “The Duelum Champion”?
2. How does Vega describe the cobble that appears in TRIGINTA SEPTEM: “A Case of Cobbles”?
3. What exchange takes place between Vega and Delph at the hospital in QUADRAGINTA TRES: “A Matter of Parchment”?
4. What encounter takes place between Morrigone and Vega at Vega’s cottage in TRIGINTA QUATTUOR: “Magical Me”?
5. How is Vega Jane’s final fight in the Duelum described in QUADRAGINTA NOVEM: “To the Death”?
6. Why does Vega go to visit Thansius in QUADRAGINTA TRES: “A Matter of Parchment”? What does Vega do while at Thansius’s residence?
7. What does Vega spend her winnings on from the Duelum in QUADRAGINTA QUATTUOR: “Vega Down Under”?
8. Where does Vega Jane go first in the morning that opens QUADRAGINTA NOVEM: “To the Death”? Why?
9. Who comes to Vega Jane’s home to arrest her in VIGINTI OCTO: “Valhall”? Why?
10. What does Vega Jane discover about the straps for the Wall in TRIGINTA NOVEM: “All Fall Down”?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the response of the Wugs upon hearing the news of the reward offered for the apprehension of Quentin Herms. What does Vega consider about this reward? How does the establishment of a reward create obstacles for Vega? How does she overcome those obstacles?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the narrative style of The Finisher. Is the narrative related from a first, second, or third-person narrator? Is the narrator involved in the action of the story? Is the story told in the present or past tense? What effect does each of these authorial choices have on the reader?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss the character of Daniel Delphia (Delph) in the novel. How does Vega Jane know Delph? How old is Delph? What is notable about the way Delph speaks? How does Delph’s character evolve in the course of the story?
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)