|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose portrait is hung over the doorway inside the Council headquarters in QUADRAGINTA TRES: “A Matter of Parchment”?
2. Delph threatens Vega by telling her that if she doesn’t allow him to go with her into Stacks, he’ll tell ___________.
3. What is the name of the restaurant that Delph takes Vega to after her first Duelum fight?
4. When Delph asks Vega what the celebration is for at dinner in QUADRAGINTA QUINQUE: “A Special Night,” Vega responds that today is what?
5. What does Vega attempt to use to help Duf Delphia in QUADRAGINTA UNUS: “Slivers Too Few”?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Vega Jane describe the Duelum event in Wormwood in VIGINTI SEPTEM: “The Duelum”?
2. To whom does Vega Jane give her Duelum winnings to in QUINQUAGINTA: “The Duelum Champion”? Why?
3. Whom is Vega slated to fight in the first round of the Duelum in TRIGINTA TRES: “Foes United”? How does Vega feel about this opponent?
4. What does Vega Jane discover about the straps for the Wall in TRIGINTA NOVEM: “All Fall Down”?
5. How is Vega Jane’s trial before the Council described in VIGINTI NOVEM: “Council”?
6. What is announced on the banner across High Street in the beginning of VIGINTI SEPTEM: “The Duelum”?
7. How do Vega and Delph perform in their first fights of the Duelum in TRIGINTA QUINQUE: “The Battle Begins”?
8. What confrontation takes place at the Care between Vega and Morrigone in TRIGINTA QUATTUOR: “Magical Me”?
9. What exchange takes place between Vega Jane and Morrigone at the funeral in QUADRAGINTA SEPTEM: “Dust to Dust”?
10. What encounter takes place between Morrigone and Vega at Vega’s cottage in TRIGINTA QUATTUOR: “Magical Me”?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the differences and similarities between male and female expectations in the novel. Do you think that Wormwood exhibits gender equality? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Vega Jane’s imprisonment and trial in the novel. Who arrests Vega? Why? Who are the judges that will sentence Vega? What is Vega Jane’s sentence?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the political structure of Wormwood. Who is Wormwood’s official leader? How many Wugs comprise the Council that oversees the village? Are these leaders elected or appointed?
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)