|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jared think could be in the heating ducts since it is an old house?
(d) Huge spider webs.
2. What does the letter in the introduction say happens to the relationship between Holly and Tony?
(a) It changes.
(b) It becomes deeper.
(c) It becomes more acrimonious.
(d) It is tested.
3. What kind of job does Jared think Simon will do when he grows up?
(a) A veterinarian or lion tamer.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A physician.
(d) A politician.
4. Where did he get the animals in question #36?
(a) In the woods.
(b) In their bathroom.
(c) Out of Mrs. Levette's apartment.
(d) In the storeroom in the basement of their old place.
5. What does Mallory stack on top of a steamer trunk?
(a) Two suitcases.
(b) Her box of stuffed animals.
(c) The case in which she carried her swords.
(d) A box of dishes and a box of clothes.
6. What used to steal Dianna Beckley's Barbie dolls?
(a) Her cat.
(b) Her ferrets.
(c) Her mice.
(d) Her rats.
7. What did Jared do to block out the noise in the house?
(a) Cover his head with a pillow.
(b) Shut his bedroom door.
(c) Put in ear plugs.
(d) Play his music loud.
8. What kind of books does Jared see in the library?
(a) Books on tape.
(b) Very large books.
(c) Books written in a foreign language.
(d) Strange books.
9. Why does Mrs. Grace come downstairs?
(a) She forgot her purse.
(b) Jared made too much noise.
(c) She was thirsty.
(d) She saw the light on.
10. What was on the desk that caught the light?
(a) A prism.
(b) Old fashion, round glasses.
(c) A mirror.
(d) Some glass beads.
11. Why do the children say they cannot send their book by mail?
(a) It is too dangerous.
(b) The book is too large.
(c) The book is too old.
(d) They don't have enough postage.
12. With what does Simon have the dressers covered?
(a) His camping equipment.
(b) All of his books.
(c) His stereo equipment.
(d) Glass tanks.
13. What does Jared show Mallory?
(a) The bottle of beads.
(b) The Field Guide.
(c) The paper he found upstairs.
(d) The picture from the wall.
14. What was in the kitchen sink when the children arrived in that room?
(a) A small, funny looking man.
(b) A white rat.
(c) A pan crusted with macaroni and cheese.
(d) A garden snake.
15. What does Mallory want Jared and Simon to do?
(a) Come to her bedroom and talk.
(b) Give her a bar from his candy stash.
(c) Find a pan for the leak.
(d) Go down to the kitchen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What stopped Jared as he was walking towards the wall where he heard a noise?
2. How was the package that came to Holly's door bound?
3. What did Jared think he probably heard?
4. Who told Mrs. Grace that her Aunt Lucinda thinks little men bring her food?
5. What was the first line of the poem on the paper about?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)