|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Grace think Jared and Mallory are doing in the kitchen?
(b) Trying to fool her.
(c) Talking about Simon.
2. What does Jared's mother say to him when they are unloading the car?
(a) The house just needs a little paint.
(b) It is a chance for them to start over.
(c) He has to help his siblings.
(d) He'll make new friends.
3. What does Jared think could be in the heating ducts since it is an old house?
(c) Huge spider webs.
4. What inside the wall make Mallory angry?
(a) Her fencing medal was in the wall.
(b) Her favorite scarf.
(c) Her fencing gloves.
(d) A doll's head.
5. What does Mallory grab on Jared?
(a) His pants.
(b) His belt.
(c) His shoulder.
(d) His shirt.
6. In what do Holly and Tony both have an interest?
(a) Making wine.
(b) Drawing pictures.
7. When does Jared say his life started going bad?
(a) When he entered seventh grade.
(b) When his father moved out.
(c) When his father died.
(d) When his best friend moved away.
8. What does Mrs. Grace tell Mallory to do?
(a) Bring the dumbwaiter down.
(b) Wash the dishes.
(c) Take water upstairs with her.
(d) Get her book in the morning.
9. What kind of books does Jared see in the library?
(a) Strange books.
(b) Books on tape.
(c) Books written in a foreign language.
(d) Very large books.
10. What was the photocopy sent to Holly and Tony?
(a) A copy of a letter from their great uncle.
(b) A picture of a nymph.
(c) A picture of their house.
(d) A page from a book.
11. What was on the note Jared found?
(a) The phone number to the insane asylum.
(b) Drawings of a boggart.
(c) A riddle in the form of a poem.
(d) Directions to a faerie mound.
12. Who does Jared hear on the stairs?
(a) His brother.
(b) His mother.
(c) The boggart.
(d) His sister.
13. What was the Graces' previous home?
(a) A modern beachhome.
(b) A farm.
(c) A small apartment.
(d) A ranch style house.
14. What did Mrs. Grace tell Mallory to do when she left for the store?
(a) To keep an eye on the boys.
(b) Fiind the coffee maker.
(c) Clean her bedroom.
(d) Unpack her suitcases.
15. What does Jared think his siblings don't know since they left the kitchen with him still upstairs?
(a) That he is in a room without a door.
(b) That he has gone to bed.
(c) That he wants to talk to them.
(d) That he wants to wait to come down until he reads the Field Guide.
Short Answer Questions
1. What stopped Jared as he was walking towards the wall where he heard a noise?
2. What does the letter in the introduction say happens to the relationship between Holly and Tony?
3. Why does Mrs. Grace come downstairs?
4. What kind of wallpaper was in some of the house?
5. How was the package that came to Holly's door bound?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)