|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrong with the captain that performs Julia's wedding ceremony?
2. What is the name of the linkboy that Julia and James meet leaving the party?
3. Which of the following is NOT suggested by Uncle John as a way of rectifying the problem between Julia and Richard?
4. How is it rumored that Wideacre grows such a prosperous harvest?
5. Where does Julia plan to raise her baby if she is to raise it as a single mother?
Essay Topic 1
The fields of Wideacre set the stage for the entire novel. Explain how the fields display a theme of class among the people in Wideacre, and explain how Uncle John sets a plan in motion that attempts to equalize the profits of the Wideacre fields.
Essay Topic 2
The novel "The Favored Child" works in a trilogy of Phillipa Gregory novels entitled "Wideacre." Explain how this novel functions as the second in a set of three novels. What history do you expect was presented in the first novel, and what loose ends do you expect the third novel to tie up?
Essay Topic 3
Throughout his life, Richard has problems with the animals of Wideacre. Describe three examples of scenes involving Richard's interactions with animals, and explain why the animals of Wideacre have similar responses to Richard whenever he was near them.
This section contains 960 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)