|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How quickly is Julia revisited by Beatrice upon returning to Wideacre?
2. After the attack, what does Julia tell her family happened to her while she was out riding?
3. How many of the slave children that were taken from the Acre died?
4. How does Richard respond to Julia's engagement to James?
5. What crop does Richard begin selling to the commercial markets after his parents' funeral?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is "Maying," and how is it celebrated?
2. Who is Julie, and what information does she give Julia about James?
3. What happens to Uncle John and Celia when they set out to have Julia's marriage annulled?
4. What interesting thing does Julia witness at Clary's funeral?
5. When Ralph asks Julia to look into Richards soul, what does she see there?
6. Why are Clary and Matthew Merry in a fight during Maying?
7. What happens when Richard is allowed to hold Ralph's goshawk?
8. What happens to Matthew Merry after Clary dies?
9. How does Julia feel about her relationship with James upon leaving Bath?
10. What happens during the sickle race on the last day of the harvest?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Julia has very close and unusual relationship with her deceased Aunt Beatrice. Compare and contrast the two female characters and their relationship to Wideacre.
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the novel, Julia is burdened with various recurring dreams. Choose one of the recurring dreams that Julia has, explain the symbolic significance. Finally, explain how the dream eventually morphs into a reality for Julia and what its consequences were.
Essay Topic 3
Ralph plays a vital role in the plot of this novel. Create a timeline of significant events in Ralph's stay at Wideacre, and explain the impact that Ralph has on the lives of both Julia and Richard.
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)