|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the time that he has been away from Julia, where has James been?
2. How does Ralph respond to the way that Richard handles the bird?
3. What is revealed to be the true relationship between Julia and Richard?
4. On her way to visit the slave children in the hovel, what is Julia robbed of?
5. After Julia is presented with the doll on reaping day, what does her family realize about her?
Essay Topic 1
The fields of Wideacre set the stage for the entire novel. Explain how the fields display a theme of class among the people in Wideacre, and explain how Uncle John sets a plan in motion that attempts to equalize the profits of the Wideacre fields.
Essay Topic 2
Richard spends his entire life tormenting Julia. Choose three examples of times that Richard tormented Julia, and explain the impact of his torment on Julia's adult life.
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the novel, many characters act sacrificially for the benefit of other. Choose one sacrificial character, describe their actions, and explain the impact that their sacrificial actions have on the other characters in the novel.
This section contains 982 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)