|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the father of Julia's baby?
2. Which bodies cannot be buried in the church cemetery?
3. Who tells Julia that she should always meet the neighbors with her head held high?
4. Who encourages Julia to end her relationship with Dr. Phillips?
5. What is the name of the linkboy that Julia and James meet leaving the party?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Julia get Rosie Dench's debt erased?
2. Why are Clary and Matthew Merry in a fight during Maying?
3. What do Julia and James witness when they visit the hovel where the slave children live, and what is their response?
4. What happens when Richard is allowed to hold Ralph's goshawk?
5. What does Julia learn when she encounters the linkboy?
6. How does Richard respond to Julia's engagement to James?
7. Who is Julie, and what information does she give Julia about James?
8. How does Julia feel about her relationship with James upon leaving Bath?
9. What interesting thing does Julia witness at Clary's funeral?
10. What happens to Matthew Merry after Clary dies?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ralph plays a vital role in the plot of this novel. Create a timeline of significant events in Ralph's stay at Wideacre, and explain the impact that Ralph has on the lives of both Julia and Richard.
Essay Topic 2
The fields of Wideacre set the stage for the entire novel. Explain how the fields display a theme of class among the people in Wideacre, and explain how Uncle John sets a plan in motion that attempts to equalize the profits of the Wideacre fields.
Essay Topic 3
Julia has very close and unusual relationship with her deceased Aunt Beatrice. Compare and contrast the two female characters and their relationship to Wideacre.
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)