|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richard admit to intercepting between James and Julia?
2. Who is accused of stealing wheat from the Wideacre fields?
3. What does Julie do for a living?
4. Why does Celia believe that everyone thinks Julia resembles Beatrice?
5. When Richard visits Julia in the fields where she is sowing, how does Julia greet him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Richard admit to Julia when he meets her in Midhurst?
2. What does Julia learn when she encounters the linkboy?
3. What happens to Uncle John and Celia when they set out to have Julia's marriage annulled?
4. Why are Clary and Matthew Merry in a fight during Maying?
5. How does Richard react when he finds out that Julia is pregnant?
6. What happens during the sickle race on the last day of the harvest?
7. What happens when Julia encounters Ralph while she is experiencing morning sickness?
8. How does Julia convince her family that it is time for her to return to Wideacre from Bath?
9. What impact does the sudden pregnancy have on Julia's life?
10. Who is Julie, and what information does she give Julia about James?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Julia has very close and unusual relationship with her deceased Aunt Beatrice. Compare and contrast the two female characters and their relationship to Wideacre.
Essay Topic 2
Richard spends his entire life tormenting Julia. Choose three examples of times that Richard tormented Julia, and explain the impact of his torment on Julia's adult life.
Essay Topic 3
Throughout his life, Richard has problems with the animals of Wideacre. Describe three examples of scenes involving Richard's interactions with animals, and explain why the animals of Wideacre have similar responses to Richard whenever he was near them.
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)