|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ralph Megson's job?
2. How does Ralph respond to Uncle John's plan when Richard presents it to him?
3. What does the doctor that Julia is being sent to specialize in?
4. What rationalization does Julia give for the way that old people in the village greet her?
5. In Julia's reoccurring dream, what is the weather like?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Julia feel about having meeting and having to visit with Dr. Phillips?
2. What conversation do Richard and Julia have in regard to her engagement to James?
3. How does Aunt Beatrice die?
4. What is the reaction among Wideacre estates to Uncle John's payment plan?
5. What happens after Richard demands that Julia dress up for a dinner engagement?
6. What does Julia learn when she encounters the linkboy?
7. What is the revelation that Uncle John admits to Julia and Richard after the sickle race?
8. How does Uncle John respond to the woman who arrives at his doorstep with a sick child in her arms?
9. How does it come to pass that Richard strikes Julia with his riding crop?
10. Who is Julie, and what information does she give Julia about James?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are two doctors that play vital roles in Julia's life throughout the novel. Describe both doctors, and explain the ways that they directly impact Julia's life at Wideacre.
Essay Topic 2
Throughout his life, Richard has problems with the animals of Wideacre. Describe three examples of scenes involving Richard's interactions with animals, and explain why the animals of Wideacre have similar responses to Richard whenever he was near them.
Essay Topic 3
Ralph plays a vital role in the plot of this novel. Create a timeline of significant events in Ralph's stay at Wideacre, and explain the impact that Ralph has on the lives of both Julia and Richard.
This section contains 1,501 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)