|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does James suggest that Julia should elope with?
2. Which holiday brings out gypsy dancers in the village?
3. Who convinces Julia that if she believes in her dream she must warn the villagers?
4. On what birthday does Julia begin to have dreams that she is Beatrice?
5. How does Julia thank James for his words of kindness to her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What gift does Ralph bring for Julia, and what is the response to his gift?
2. What happens to Richard's horse after Julia has been given permission to take riding lessons on him?
3. How does Julia respond to being asked to orchestrate the planting of an apple orchard?
4. How does Uncle John initially respond to being back at Wideacre estates?
5. How is Ralph Megson welcomed to Wideacre estate?
6. What is the reaction among Wideacre estates to Uncle John's payment plan?
7. How does Celia respond to the constant comparison of Julia's looks to her sister Beatrice's?
8. What happens when the slavers come to Wideacre?
9. What does Julia see while swimming with Clary in the river?
10. How does James encourage Julia to embrace her heritage?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ralph plays a vital role in the plot of this novel. Create a timeline of significant events in Ralph's stay at Wideacre, and explain the impact that Ralph has on the lives of both Julia and Richard.
Essay Topic 2
Richard spends his entire life tormenting Julia. Choose three examples of times that Richard tormented Julia, and explain the impact of his torment on Julia's adult life.
Essay Topic 3
Julia has very close and unusual relationship with her deceased Aunt Beatrice. Compare and contrast the two female characters and their relationship to Wideacre.
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)