|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Julia lost in the village, prompting her, Richard, and Ralph to go back searching for it?
2. What does Julia decide to name her new horse, gifted from Ralph?
3. What is Marianne's social status?
4. How does Julia feel about having to visit Dr. Phillips?
5. What is the estate that Julia was raised on called?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Julia see while swimming with Clary in the river?
2. What dream does Julia have that prompts her to go and speak to the village people?
3. How does Julia's relationship with James change over the course of their meetings?
4. What happens when Julia, RIchard, and Ralph go into the village in search of Julia's lost glove?
5. How does Julia meet Clary Dench?
6. What is the reaction among Wideacre estates to Uncle John's payment plan?
7. What gift does Ralph bring for Julia, and what is the response to his gift?
8. What is the reaction to Uncle John catching Julia gardening?
9. How does Uncle John respond to the woman who arrives at his doorstep with a sick child in her arms?
10. How does Celia respond to the constant comparison of Julia's looks to her sister Beatrice's?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
As adults, Julia and Richard learn that they had been raised under a dark lie. Explain the lie that the two had been living under, and the way that the truth directly affects their lives as adults.
Essay Topic 2
There are two doctors that play vital roles in Julia's life throughout the novel. Describe both doctors, and explain the ways that they directly impact Julia's life at Wideacre.
Essay Topic 3
In the novel, many children are taken from the Acre to work as slaves. Describe the life that these children lead, and explain the impact that Julia had on their lives.
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)