Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After planning the crops for the year, how much of the harvest will be sold at a fair price to the villagers?
2. In what century was Julia born?
3. What does the doctor that Julia is being sent to specialize in?
4. Which character in the novel is put in charge of starting a school for the village children?
5. After discussing Richard's temper with Julia, what does Ralph call Richard?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Richard is allowed to hold Ralph's goshawk?
2. Why is Dench fired from his position in the stable houses?
3. What does Richard admit to Julia when he meets her in Midhurst?
4. How does Wideacre deal with the news that Ralph has escaped from prison?
5. What recurring dream does Julia have as an adult?
6. How does Julia convince her family that it is time for her to return to Wideacre from Bath?
7. Why is Ralph arrested?
8. What happens when Julia, RIchard, and Ralph go into the village in search of Julia's lost glove?
9. How do Uncle John and Celia react to Julia's visionary dreams?
10. How does Julia feel about her conversations with Dr. Phillips and his medical practices?
The novel "The Favored Child" works in a trilogy of Phillipa Gregory novels entitled "Wideacre." Explain how this novel functions as the second in a set of three novels. What history do you expect was presented in the first novel, and what loose ends do you expect the third novel to tie up?
In their teenage years, both Julia and Richard are put in charge of various tasks on Wideacre. Explain the tasks that each character is put in charge of, and compare and contrast their management styles.
While Julia is in Bath, she meets and becomes engaged to a man named James.
Part 1) Describe the courting period of Julia's and James's relationship.
Part 2) Describe the future that Julia and James planned together.
Part 3) Explain why Julia's and James's wedding never came into fruition.
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)