|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After discussing Richard's temper with Julia, what does Ralph call Richard?
2. In which country are there rebellions leading to beheadings, as mentioned in the novel?
3. Which of the following is a subject taught at the school for village children?
4. Which of the following adjectives does Uncle John and Celia use to describe both Julia and Beatrice?
5. Which of the following characters have plans to become the next owner of the Wideacre estate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Richard's horse after Julia has been given permission to take riding lessons on him?
2. How does Uncle John initially respond to being back at Wideacre estates?
3. What dream does Julia have that prompts her to go and speak to the village people?
4. How does Richard respond to the news that Julia is going to be sent away?
5. How does Julia respond to being asked to orchestrate the planting of an apple orchard?
6. What recurring dream does Julia have as an adult?
7. How does Julia meet Clary Dench?
8. How does Aunt Beatrice die?
9. After the visit to the village, what interesting visions does Julia begin to have regarding Ralph Megson?
10. What happens when Julia, RIchard, and Ralph go into the village in search of Julia's lost glove?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The fields of Wideacre set the stage for the entire novel. Explain how the fields display a theme of class among the people in Wideacre, and explain how Uncle John sets a plan in motion that attempts to equalize the profits of the Wideacre fields.
Essay Topic 2
There are two doctors that play vital roles in Julia's life throughout the novel. Describe both doctors, and explain the ways that they directly impact Julia's life at Wideacre.
Essay Topic 3
In their teenage years, both Julia and Richard are put in charge of various tasks on Wideacre. Explain the tasks that each character is put in charge of, and compare and contrast their management styles.
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)