|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who catches Julia gardening and comments on her talent?
2. How old was Julia when her father died?
3. What is the name of Richard's stable boy?
4. How do the villagers respond to Julia's warning about the church's destruction?
5. How does James respond to Julia's prophetic dreams?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Uncle John and Celia when they set out to have Julia's marriage annulled?
2. How does Julia's relationship with James change over the course of their meetings?
3. What happens to Richard's horse after Julia has been given permission to take riding lessons on him?
4. After Julia's encounter with Ralph in the village, what does she dream of when she falls to sleep that night?
5. What happens to Matthew Merry after Clary dies?
6. What does Julia see while swimming with Clary in the river?
7. What conversation does Julia have with Mrs. Merry upon running into her at the village?
8. What does Julia learn when she encounters the linkboy?
9. What impact does the sudden pregnancy have on Julia's life?
10. What happens when Julia attempts to write a letter to James after her parents are murdered?
Essay Topic 1
Uncle John and Celia have vastly different parenting techniques. Compare and contrast the two characters as parents, and explain the impact that they each have directly on the children of the novel.
Essay Topic 2
As an adult, Richard kills many characters. Choose two characters, describe their murders, and explain the impact that these murders have on the plot of the novel.
Essay Topic 3
The fields of Wideacre set the stage for the entire novel. Explain how the fields display a theme of class among the people in Wideacre, and explain how Uncle John sets a plan in motion that attempts to equalize the profits of the Wideacre fields.
This section contains 1,499 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)