|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What terrible incident happens to the house that Julia was raised in as a child?
2. What animal does Ralph regularly poach from the river?
3. In her reoccurring dream about the church, what does Julia dream hits the building?
4. Why does Uncle John think that it is necessary to change the way that the employees are paid?
5. What animal attacks Richard in the barn?
Short Essay Questions
1. What impact does the sudden pregnancy have on Julia's life?
2. What conversation does Julia have with Mrs. Merry upon running into her at the village?
3. How does Celia respond to the constant comparison of Julia's looks to her sister Beatrice's?
4. After Julia's encounter with Ralph in the village, what does she dream of when she falls to sleep that night?
5. What interesting thing does Julia witness at Clary's funeral?
6. How does Uncle John respond to the woman who arrives at his doorstep with a sick child in her arms?
7. What happens to Richard's horse after Julia has been given permission to take riding lessons on him?
8. How does Julia convince her family that it is time for her to return to Wideacre from Bath?
9. How does Celia respond to starting a school for the village children.
10. When Ralph asks Julia to look into Richards soul, what does she see there?
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the novel, Julia is burdened with various recurring dreams. Choose one of the recurring dreams that Julia has, explain the symbolic significance. Finally, explain how the dream eventually morphs into a reality for Julia and what its consequences were.
Essay Topic 2
Ralph plays a vital role in the plot of this novel. Create a timeline of significant events in Ralph's stay at Wideacre, and explain the impact that Ralph has on the lives of both Julia and Richard.
Essay Topic 3
There are two doctors that play vital roles in Julia's life throughout the novel. Describe both doctors, and explain the ways that they directly impact Julia's life at Wideacre.
This section contains 1,570 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)