Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After planning the crops for the year, how much of the harvest will be sold at a fair price to the villagers?
2. In what century was Julia born?
3. What does the doctor that Julia is being sent to specialize in?
4. Which character in the novel is put in charge of starting a school for the village children?
5. After discussing Richard's temper with Julia, what does Ralph call Richard?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Richard is allowed to hold Ralph's goshawk?
2. Why is Dench fired from his position in the stable houses?
3. What does Richard admit to Julia when he meets her in Midhurst?
4. How does Wideacre deal with the news that Ralph has escaped from prison?
5. What recurring dream does Julia have as an adult?
6. How does Julia convince her family that it is time for her to return to Wideacre from Bath?
7. Why is Ralph arrested?
8. What happens when Julia, RIchard, and Ralph go into the village in search of Julia's lost glove?
9. How do Uncle John and Celia react to Julia's visionary dreams?
10. How does Julia feel about her conversations with Dr. Phillips and his medical practices?
As adults, Julia and Richard learn that they had been raised under a dark lie. Explain the lie that the two had been living under, and the way that the truth directly affects their lives as adults.
As an adult, Richard kills many characters. Choose two characters, describe their murders, and explain the impact that these murders have on the plot of the novel.
Julia has very close and unusual relationship with her deceased Aunt Beatrice. Compare and contrast the two female characters and their relationship to Wideacre.
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)