|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is a subject taught at the school for village children?
2. How does Julia feel about having to visit Dr. Phillips?
3. In her reoccurring dream about the church, what does Julia dream hits the building?
4. What do Celia and Julia rent from Mrs. Gibson?
5. Who decides to hire Ralph Megson?
Short Essay Questions
1. What dream does Julia have that prompts her to go and speak to the village people?
2. How does Julia feel about her conversations with Dr. Phillips and his medical practices?
3. After the visit to the village, what interesting visions does Julia begin to have regarding Ralph Megson?
4. What happens when Julia, RIchard, and Ralph go into the village in search of Julia's lost glove?
5. How does Julia respond to being asked to orchestrate the planting of an apple orchard?
6. How do the villagers respond after hearing Julia's dream?
7. How does Aunt Beatrice die?
8. What happens when the slavers come to Wideacre?
9. How does Celia respond to starting a school for the village children.
10. What gift does Ralph bring for Julia, and what is the response to his gift?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the novel, many children are taken from the Acre to work as slaves. Describe the life that these children lead, and explain the impact that Julia had on their lives.
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the novel, many characters act sacrificially for the benefit of other. Choose one sacrificial character, describe their actions, and explain the impact that their sacrificial actions have on the other characters in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
As an adult, Richard kills many characters. Choose two characters, describe their murders, and explain the impact that these murders have on the plot of the novel.
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)