|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color were the pearls that Richard presented Julia with at dinner?
2. Where is Clary's body found?
(a) Cradled in Matthew Merry's arms.
(b) Floating down the river.
(c) Buried in a shallow grave.
(d) Lying peacefully in her bed.
3. What is wrong with the captain that performs Julia's wedding ceremony?
(a) He is mute.
(b) He is blind.
(c) He is deaf.
(d) He is drunk.
4. Which of the following is NOT a characteristic that Julia sees in Richard's soul?
5. Which errand does Julia call for Jimmy Dart to run for her?
(a) Delivering a letter.
(b) Picking up medicine.
(c) Purchasing fabric for baby clothes.
(d) Hiding a weapon in the woods.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Julia returns to Wideacre, what has Uncle John done to the dowry house?
2. Which of the following characters is NOT killed by Richard?
3. What part of the bird's body is broken when Richard is handling it?
4. What is revealed to be the true relationship between Julia and Richard?
5. What is the name of the town where Julia arranges to meet Richard to tell him her news?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Julia convince her family that it is time for her to return to Wideacre from Bath?
2. After Julia's encounter with Ralph in the village, what does she dream of when she falls to sleep that night?
3. After the attack, how does Julia make her way home and what does she tell her family?
4. What happens when Julia encounters Ralph while she is experiencing morning sickness?
5. How does Richard react when he finds out that Julia is pregnant?
6. What does Richard admit to Julia when he meets her in Midhurst?
7. What is the revelation that Uncle John admits to Julia and Richard after the sickle race?
8. What conversation do Richard and Julia have in regard to her engagement to James?
9. Why is Ralph arrested?
10. What impact does the sudden pregnancy have on Julia's life?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)