|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to Julia's aid when arguing why she should return to Wideacre?
2. Why is Jimmy Dart arrested?
(a) For setting fire to Wideacre.
(b) For stealing from the fields.
(c) For killing Celia Lacey.
(d) For being a vagrant.
3. When Julia has a dream on the night after she is confronted by Ralph, what does she shout?
(a) She cannot hear what she says.
(b) "Richard is my husband!"
(c) "Bring me love or bring me death!"
(d) "I have sinned against my family!"
4. Who does Ralph suggest could relieve Julia of her pregnancy?
(a) Celia Lacey.
(b) Dr. Phillips.
(c) A gypsy woman.
(d) Dr. Pearce.
5. How does Richard respond when he hears that Julia is pregnant?
(a) He is proud.
(b) He is apathetic.
(c) He is anxious.
(d) He is angry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which activity to Richard and Julia partake in on Sunday afternoons?
2. Why does Julia say that she and Richard should no longer live together?
3. After the attack, what does Julia tell her family happened to her while she was out riding?
4. When Julia looks over at Richard during the funeral, what is he doing?
5. When Julia goes on vacation after finding out that she is pregnant, where does she go?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Julia encounters Ralph while she is experiencing morning sickness?
2. What does Julia learn when she encounters the linkboy?
3. What is the revelation that Uncle John admits to Julia and Richard after the sickle race?
4. How does Julia convince her family that it is time for her to return to Wideacre from Bath?
5. Why is Ralph arrested?
6. What do Julia and James witness when they visit the hovel where the slave children live, and what is their response?
7. After Julia's encounter with Ralph in the village, what does she dream of when she falls to sleep that night?
8. How does Richard respond to Julia's engagement to James?
9. How does Julia get Rosie Dench's debt erased?
10. What happens to Matthew Merry after Clary dies?
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)