|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Richard admit to intercepting between James and Julia?
(a) Their whispered conversations.
(b) Their telephone calls.
(c) Their letters.
(d) Their money transfers.
2. What crop does Julia sow in preparation for the harvest season?
3. Now that Julia is no longer a virgin, what does Richard say that she has no hope for?
(a) Inheriting Wideacre.
(b) Finding a husband.
(c) Starting a family.
(d) Getting a job.
4. After his parents' death, what is Richard's greatest concern?
(a) Earning Julia's affections.
(b) Ensuring Grandmamma's long life.
(c) Keeping the villagers peaceful.
(d) The safety of his unborn baby.
5. What part of the bird's body is broken when Richard is handling it?
(a) Its legs.
(b) Its beak.
(c) Its tailfeathers.
(d) Its wings.
Short Answer Questions
1. How quickly is Julia revisited by Beatrice upon returning to Wideacre?
2. What is the holiday that Julia is made queen of by the villagers?
3. Why is Richard granted a brief leave from school?
4. How does Richard respond to Julia's engagement to James?
5. After Julia refuses to call off her engagement to James, what does Richard say?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is "Maying," and how is it celebrated?
2. How does Julia convince her family that it is time for her to return to Wideacre from Bath?
3. Why is Ralph arrested?
4. What interesting thing does Julia witness at Clary's funeral?
5. What happens during Richard's physical attack against Julia?
6. After the attack, how does Julia make her way home and what does she tell her family?
7. How does Richard respond to Julia's engagement to James?
8. When Ralph asks Julia to look into Richards soul, what does she see there?
9. How does Richard and Julia's wedding progress?
10. What impact does the sudden pregnancy have on Julia's life?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)