|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Richard treat the profit-sharing agreement Uncle John implemented?
(a) He gives the villagers less profit than the agreement demanded.
(b) He sticks frugally to the agreement, down to every letter.
(c) He gives the villagers more profit that the agreement demanded.
(d) He ignores the agreement completely.
2. Who does Ralph suggest could relieve Julia of her pregnancy?
(a) Dr. Phillips.
(b) A gypsy woman.
(c) Celia Lacey.
(d) Dr. Pearce.
3. What crop does Richard begin selling to the commercial markets after his parents' funeral?
4. What does a linkboy carry?
(a) A gun.
(b) A torch.
(c) A basket.
(d) A chain.
5. Why does Celia leave the party early, allowing James to escort Julia home?
(a) Because she has a fight with the party hostess.
(b) Because she has fallen ill.
(c) Because she is bored with parties.
(d) Because she wants Julia and James to be alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who encourages Julia to end her relationship with Dr. Phillips?
2. On her way to visit the slave children in the hovel, what is Julia robbed of?
3. What color were the pearls that Richard presented Julia with at dinner?
4. Where were the slave children sent to work after being taken from the Acre?
5. What type of doll is presented to Julia after the race on reaping day?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)