|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the day of the reaping, what does a village child beg off of Julia's riding garments?
(a) A patch.
(b) A lace hem.
(c) A button.
(d) A ribbon.
2. What has Matthew Merry sold, infuriating Clary?
(a) His music.
(b) His home.
(c) His poetry.
(d) His sculptures.
3. Which of the following characters is NOT killed by Richard?
(b) Uncle John.
4. When Julia goes on vacation after finding out that she is pregnant, where does she go?
(a) To Bath.
(b) To London.
(c) To Essex.
(d) To Oxford.
5. Why does Julia say that she and Richard should no longer live together?
(a) Because it was traditional for expectant mothers to live away from their husbands at this time.
(b) Because they know the truth about their relationship.
(c) Because they are grieving the loss of their parents.
(d) Because the villagers will shun them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of doll is presented to Julia after the race on reaping day?
2. How does Julia get Rosie Dench's debt erased?
3. Where is Clary's body found?
4. What are Celia's final words to Julia before leaving with Uncle John for town?
5. As Julia leaves for Wideacre, what is her biggest fear about her relationship with James?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Julie, and what information does she give Julia about James?
2. How does Julia convince her family that it is time for her to return to Wideacre from Bath?
3. What happens to Matthew Merry after Clary dies?
4. After the attack, how does Julia make her way home and what does she tell her family?
5. After Julia's encounter with Ralph in the village, what does she dream of when she falls to sleep that night?
6. How does Richard and Julia's wedding progress?
7. Why are Clary and Matthew Merry in a fight during Maying?
8. How does Julia feel about her relationship with James upon leaving Bath?
9. What is "Maying," and how is it celebrated?
10. What is the revelation that Uncle John admits to Julia and Richard after the sickle race?
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)