|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of the bird's body is broken when Richard is handling it?
(a) Its wings.
(b) Its legs.
(c) Its tailfeathers.
(d) Its beak.
2. Who comes to Julia's aid when arguing why she should return to Wideacre?
3. How does Julia feel after Richard states that he has a broken heart?
(a) She is saddened.
(b) She is triumphant.
(c) She is apathetic.
(d) She is confused.
4. Who tells Julia that she should always meet the neighbors with her head held high?
(b) Jimmy Dart.
5. What crop does Richard begin selling to the commercial markets after his parents' funeral?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Julia state that she has called off her engagement to James?
2. Why does Julia say that she and Richard should no longer live together?
3. Who does Ralph suggest could relieve Julia of her pregnancy?
4. What is the name of the linkboy that Julia and James meet leaving the party?
5. On her way to visit the slave children in the hovel, what is Julia robbed of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Julia and James witness when they visit the hovel where the slave children live, and what is their response?
2. Who is Julie, and what information does she give Julia about James?
3. What happens after Richard demands that Julia dress up for a dinner engagement?
4. What does Richard admit to Julia when he meets her in Midhurst?
5. How does Julia get Rosie Dench's debt erased?
6. What happens to Uncle John and Celia when they set out to have Julia's marriage annulled?
7. What is the revelation that Uncle John admits to Julia and Richard after the sickle race?
8. When Ralph asks Julia to look into Richards soul, what does she see there?
9. How does Richard react when he finds out that Julia is pregnant?
10. What happens during Richard's physical attack against Julia?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)