|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Julia say that she and Richard should no longer live together?
(a) Because they know the truth about their relationship.
(b) Because it was traditional for expectant mothers to live away from their husbands at this time.
(c) Because they are grieving the loss of their parents.
(d) Because the villagers will shun them.
2. What type of doll is presented to Julia after the race on reaping day?
(a) A corn husk doll.
(b) A wooden doll.
(c) A flour sac doll.
(d) A deer hide doll.
3. What is wrong with the captain that performs Julia's wedding ceremony?
(a) He is deaf.
(b) He is drunk.
(c) He is blind.
(d) He is mute.
4. Where does Julia plan to raise her baby if she is to raise it as a single mother?
(a) At Acre.
(b) Alone in the wilderness.
(c) At home with her mother.
(d) Away, at Bath.
5. What is the holiday that Julia is made queen of by the villagers?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Richard granted a brief leave from school?
2. What does Ralph predict will someday happen to the land of Wideacre?
3. What does Richard admit to intercepting between James and Julia?
4. As she leaves for Wideacre, how does Julia feel about her relationship with James?
5. What is the name of the town where Julia arranges to meet Richard to tell him her news?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)