|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Julia leaves for Wideacre, what is her biggest fear about her relationship with James?
(a) That James will meet another woman.
(b) That Richard will not approve of their relationship.
(c) That the two will never be together.
(d) That she will no longer love James upon returning home.
2. What is the name of the linkboy that Julia and James meet leaving the party?
(a) Jimmy Dart.
(b) Billy Brown.
(c) Michael Leroy.
(d) Thomas Dench.
3. Why does Celia believe that everyone thinks Julia resembles Beatrice?
(a) Because their walking stride is the same.
(b) Because they wear similar clothing.
(c) Because they wear their hair the same way.
(d) Because their voices sound similar.
4. During the time that he has been away from Julia, where has James been?
(a) At Stanford.
(b) At Princeton.
(c) At Yale.
(d) At Oxford.
5. How does Ralph respond to the way that Richard handles the bird?
(a) He punches Richard in the stomach.
(b) He kills the bird to put it out of its suffering.
(c) He quietly takes the bird to the hospital.
(d) He laughs off the injury saying that the bird will be fine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ralph suggest could relieve Julia of her pregnancy?
2. Why does Julia say that she and Richard should no longer live together?
3. What does James make the children promise not to use their money to purchase?
4. After Julia is presented with the doll on reaping day, what does her family realize about her?
5. When Julia receives her first letter from James, what does it tell her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Uncle John and Celia when they set out to have Julia's marriage annulled?
2. How does Richard respond to Julia's engagement to James?
3. What is "Maying," and how is it celebrated?
4. Why are Clary and Matthew Merry in a fight during Maying?
5. How does Julia get Rosie Dench's debt erased?
6. What happens to Matthew Merry after Clary dies?
7. After the attack, how does Julia make her way home and what does she tell her family?
8. After Julia's encounter with Ralph in the village, what does she dream of when she falls to sleep that night?
9. How does Richard and Julia's wedding progress?
10. What happens when Julia attempts to write a letter to James after her parents are murdered?
This section contains 912 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)