|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Celia leave the party early, allowing James to escort Julia home?
(a) Because she is bored with parties.
(b) Because she has a fight with the party hostess.
(c) Because she has fallen ill.
(d) Because she wants Julia and James to be alone.
2. When Julia goes on vacation after finding out that she is pregnant, where does she go?
(a) To London.
(b) To Essex.
(c) To Oxford.
(d) To Bath.
3. What is wrong with the captain that performs Julia's wedding ceremony?
(a) He is blind.
(b) He is deaf.
(c) He is mute.
(d) He is drunk.
4. When Julia receives her first letter from James, what does it tell her?
(a) That he is moving away for school.
(b) That he is coming for a visit.
(c) That he is building the two of them a house.
(d) That he has met another woman.
5. Who does Ralph suggest could relieve Julia of her pregnancy?
(a) Celia Lacey.
(b) A gypsy woman.
(c) Dr. Pearce.
(d) Dr. Phillips.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julie do for a living?
2. Who is the father of Julia's baby?
3. When Julia looks over at Richard during the funeral, what is he doing?
4. How quickly is Julia revisited by Beatrice upon returning to Wideacre?
5. What happens to Matthew Merry after he is sent to prison?
Short Essay Questions
1. What interesting thing does Julia witness at Clary's funeral?
2. What happens when Julia encounters Ralph while she is experiencing morning sickness?
3. What happens during Richard's physical attack against Julia?
4. After the attack, how does Julia make her way home and what does she tell her family?
5. What is the revelation that Uncle John admits to Julia and Richard after the sickle race?
6. What is "Maying," and how is it celebrated?
7. What happens after Richard demands that Julia dress up for a dinner engagement?
8. How does Julia convince her family that it is time for her to return to Wideacre from Bath?
9. How does Richard and Julia's wedding progress?
10. What happens when Richard is allowed to hold Ralph's goshawk?
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)