|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the linkboy that Julia and James meet leaving the party?
(a) Thomas Dench.
(b) Billy Brown.
(c) Jimmy Dart.
(d) Michael Leroy.
2. How does the bird respond to being held by Richard?
(a) It nuzzles up to Richard's neck affectionately.
(b) It begins to bite at his hands.
(c) It immediately tries to fly away from him.
(d) It sits calmly, waiting to be fed.
3. Why does Celia believe that everyone thinks Julia resembles Beatrice?
(a) Because their voices sound similar.
(b) Because their walking stride is the same.
(c) Because they wear similar clothing.
(d) Because they wear their hair the same way.
4. What instrument is used in a race on the last day of reaping?
(a) A shovel.
(b) A cart.
(c) An ax.
(d) A sickle.
5. Why is Richard granted a brief leave from school?
(a) To visit a friend.
(b) To go to a funeral.
(c) To get married.
(d) To go to the hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of the slave children that were taken from the Acre died?
2. Which bodies cannot be buried in the church cemetery?
3. Now that Julia is no longer a virgin, what does Richard say that she has no hope for?
4. What is missing from Celia's murder site?
5. After Julia is presented with the doll on reaping day, what does her family realize about her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Richard admit to Julia when he meets her in Midhurst?
2. How does Julia get Rosie Dench's debt erased?
3. What happens during Richard's physical attack against Julia?
4. What happens to Matthew Merry after Clary dies?
5. How does Richard and Julia's wedding progress?
6. What happens during the sickle race on the last day of the harvest?
7. How does Julia feel about her relationship with James upon leaving Bath?
8. What impact does the sudden pregnancy have on Julia's life?
9. How does Julia convince her family that it is time for her to return to Wideacre from Bath?
10. When Ralph asks Julia to look into Richards soul, what does she see there?
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)