|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters is NOT killed by Richard?
(a) Uncle John.
2. What is missing from Celia's murder site?
(a) Her jewelry.
(b) Her stockings.
(c) Her gloves.
(d) Her letters.
3. Which of the following is NOT a characteristic that Julia sees in Richard's soul?
4. What is wrong with the captain that performs Julia's wedding ceremony?
(a) He is blind.
(b) He is drunk.
(c) He is mute.
(d) He is deaf.
5. Who tells Julia that she should always meet the neighbors with her head held high?
(c) Jimmy Dart.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the linkboy that Julia and James meet leaving the party?
2. How does the bird respond to being held by Richard?
3. How does Richard respond when he hears that Julia is pregnant?
4. During the time that he has been away from Julia, where has James been?
5. Why does Celia believe that everyone thinks Julia resembles Beatrice?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Julia feel about her relationship with James upon leaving Bath?
2. What happens when Julia encounters Ralph while she is experiencing morning sickness?
3. What is "Maying," and how is it celebrated?
4. What happens after Richard demands that Julia dress up for a dinner engagement?
5. What does Richard admit to Julia when he meets her in Midhurst?
6. What happens when Julia attempts to write a letter to James after her parents are murdered?
7. How does Julia get Rosie Dench's debt erased?
8. How does Richard react when he finds out that Julia is pregnant?
9. What happens during Richard's physical attack against Julia?
10. What happens during the sickle race on the last day of the harvest?
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)