|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does James make the children promise not to use their money to purchase?
2. What crop does Richard begin selling to the commercial markets after his parents' funeral?
3. What type of doll is presented to Julia after the race on reaping day?
(a) A deer hide doll.
(b) A wooden doll.
(c) A corn husk doll.
(d) A flour sac doll.
4. What does Ralph warn Julia against if she finds herself "with child"?
(a) Telling the truth to her family.
(b) Giving birth to the child.
(c) Rushing into a marriage.
(d) Lying to the villagers.
5. What does Julie do for a living?
(a) She is a cleaner.
(b) She is a prostitute.
(c) She is a seamstress.
(d) She is a teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the holiday that Julia is made queen of by the villagers?
2. What has Matthew Merry sold, infuriating Clary?
3. What is the name of the town where Julia arranges to meet Richard to tell him her news?
4. Who comes to Julia's aid when arguing why she should return to Wideacre?
5. On the day of the reaping, what does a village child beg off of Julia's riding garments?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the revelation that Uncle John admits to Julia and Richard after the sickle race?
2. What do Julia and James witness when they visit the hovel where the slave children live, and what is their response?
3. What does Richard admit to Julia when he meets her in Midhurst?
4. Why are Clary and Matthew Merry in a fight during Maying?
5. What happens to Matthew Merry after Clary dies?
6. What happens after Richard demands that Julia dress up for a dinner engagement?
7. What does Julia learn when she encounters the linkboy?
8. When Ralph asks Julia to look into Richards soul, what does she see there?
9. After the attack, how does Julia make her way home and what does she tell her family?
10. What impact does the sudden pregnancy have on Julia's life?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)