|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Julia feel after Richard states that he has a broken heart?
(a) She is saddened.
(b) She is apathetic.
(c) She is confused.
(d) She is triumphant.
2. When Julia has a dream on the night after she is confronted by Ralph, what does she shout?
(a) "Bring me love or bring me death!"
(b) "Richard is my husband!"
(c) "I have sinned against my family!"
(d) She cannot hear what she says.
3. Which activity to Richard and Julia partake in on Sunday afternoons?
(a) Horseback riding.
4. How is it rumored that Wideacre grows such a prosperous harvest?
(a) By Lacey magic.
(b) By secret fertilizer.
(c) By slave labor.
(d) By underground watering systems.
5. Who encourages Julia to end her relationship with Dr. Phillips?
Short Answer Questions
1. After the attack, what part of Julia's body is broken?
2. Who is the father of Julia's baby?
3. What is revealed to be the true relationship between Julia and Richard?
4. Which of the following is NOT a characteristic that Julia sees in Richard's soul?
5. Which bodies cannot be buried in the church cemetery?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Uncle John and Celia when they set out to have Julia's marriage annulled?
2. How does Richard and Julia's wedding progress?
3. What happens during the sickle race on the last day of the harvest?
4. What impact does the sudden pregnancy have on Julia's life?
5. What happens after Richard demands that Julia dress up for a dinner engagement?
6. What happens when Julia encounters Ralph while she is experiencing morning sickness?
7. How does Richard respond to Julia's engagement to James?
8. What happens to Matthew Merry after Clary dies?
9. Who is Julie, and what information does she give Julia about James?
10. After the attack, how does Julia make her way home and what does she tell her family?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)