|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of the bird's body is broken when Richard is handling it?
(a) Its tailfeathers.
(b) Its legs.
(c) Its wings.
(d) Its beak.
2. How is it rumored that Wideacre grows such a prosperous harvest?
(a) By Lacey magic.
(b) By secret fertilizer.
(c) By slave labor.
(d) By underground watering systems.
3. What does a linkboy carry?
(a) A chain.
(b) A gun.
(c) A basket.
(d) A torch.
4. What instrument is used in a race on the last day of reaping?
(a) A sickle.
(b) A shovel.
(c) An ax.
(d) A cart.
5. How does Julia explain away her swelling stomach?
(a) She says that she is "welled up with magic."
(b) She says that she is "full of undigested bread."
(c) She says that she is "with child."
(d) She says that she is "unable to process water."
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Julia respond when Richard tells her that he loves her?
2. Which bodies cannot be buried in the church cemetery?
3. How does Uncle John refer to Julia's visions?
4. Which symptom of pregnancy plagues Julia through the first months of her pregnancy?
5. How does Ralph respond when Julia says that she will not announce the name of Clary's killer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Julia encounters Ralph while she is experiencing morning sickness?
2. What happens during the sickle race on the last day of the harvest?
3. What happens when Richard is allowed to hold Ralph's goshawk?
4. After Julia's encounter with Ralph in the village, what does she dream of when she falls to sleep that night?
5. How does Julia get Rosie Dench's debt erased?
6. What is the revelation that Uncle John admits to Julia and Richard after the sickle race?
7. What is "Maying," and how is it celebrated?
8. What does Julia learn when she encounters the linkboy?
9. Why is Ralph arrested?
10. What interesting thing does Julia witness at Clary's funeral?
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)