|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of doll is presented to Julia after the race on reaping day?
(a) A corn husk doll.
(b) A deer hide doll.
(c) A flour sac doll.
(d) A wooden doll.
2. Where does Julia plan to raise her baby if she is to raise it as a single mother?
(a) Alone in the wilderness.
(b) At Acre.
(c) At home with her mother.
(d) Away, at Bath.
3. What is the name of the linkboy that Julia and James meet leaving the party?
(a) Billy Brown.
(b) Jimmy Dart.
(c) Thomas Dench.
(d) Michael Leroy.
4. How does Richard respond to Julia's engagement to James?
(a) He is excited.
(b) He is furious.
(c) He is anxious.
(d) He is saddened.
5. How does Ralph respond to the way that Richard handles the bird?
(a) He punches Richard in the stomach.
(b) He kills the bird to put it out of its suffering.
(c) He quietly takes the bird to the hospital.
(d) He laughs off the injury saying that the bird will be fine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of bird does Ralph keep as a pet?
2. Who comes to Julia's aid when arguing why she should return to Wideacre?
3. Where were the slave children sent to work after being taken from the Acre?
4. How many of the slave children that were taken from the Acre died?
5. Who tells Julia that she should always meet the neighbors with her head held high?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)