|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with the captain that performs Julia's wedding ceremony?
(a) He is deaf.
(b) He is mute.
(c) He is drunk.
(d) He is blind.
2. What is the name of the linkboy that Julia and James meet leaving the party?
(a) Michael Leroy.
(b) Jimmy Dart.
(c) Billy Brown.
(d) Thomas Dench.
3. Which of the following is NOT suggested by Uncle John as a way of rectifying the problem between Julia and Richard?
(a) Selling Wideacre.
(b) Getting rid of the pregnancy.
(c) Anulling the marriage.
(d) Separating Richard from Julia.
4. How is it rumored that Wideacre grows such a prosperous harvest?
(a) By Lacey magic.
(b) By secret fertilizer.
(c) By slave labor.
(d) By underground watering systems.
5. Where does Julia plan to raise her baby if she is to raise it as a single mother?
(a) At Acre.
(b) Away, at Bath.
(c) Alone in the wilderness.
(d) At home with her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. After visiting the shopkeeper, what does James ask of Julia?
2. How does the bird respond to being held by Richard?
3. On her way to visit the slave children in the hovel, what is Julia robbed of?
4. What has Matthew Merry sold, infuriating Clary?
5. When Julia returns to Wideacre, what has Uncle John done to the dowry house?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)