|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Julia goes on vacation after finding out that she is pregnant, where does she go?
(a) To London.
(b) To Oxford.
(c) To Bath.
(d) To Essex.
2. Where is Clary's body found?
(a) Cradled in Matthew Merry's arms.
(b) Buried in a shallow grave.
(c) Floating down the river.
(d) Lying peacefully in her bed.
3. What does Richard admit to intercepting between James and Julia?
(a) Their whispered conversations.
(b) Their telephone calls.
(c) Their money transfers.
(d) Their letters.
4. How does Ralph respond when Julia says that she will not announce the name of Clary's killer?
(a) He threatens to turn her in to the police.
(b) He calls her brave for protecting the truth.
(c) He believes that Julia is the killer.
(d) He calls her a coward.
5. What does James make the children promise not to use their money to purchase?
Short Answer Questions
1. On her way to visit the slave children in the hovel, what is Julia robbed of?
2. When Julia returns to Wideacre, what has Uncle John done to the dowry house?
3. Why does Celia believe that everyone thinks Julia resembles Beatrice?
4. How does Julia respond when Richard tells her that he loves her?
5. What is wrong with the captain that performs Julia's wedding ceremony?
Short Essay Questions
1. After the attack, how does Julia make her way home and what does she tell her family?
2. What does Julia learn when she encounters the linkboy?
3. What happens after Richard demands that Julia dress up for a dinner engagement?
4. How does Julia feel about her relationship with James upon leaving Bath?
5. What does Richard admit to Julia when he meets her in Midhurst?
6. How does Julia convince her family that it is time for her to return to Wideacre from Bath?
7. How does Richard and Julia's wedding progress?
8. What happens when Richard is allowed to hold Ralph's goshawk?
9. What happens to Matthew Merry after Clary dies?
10. How does Richard respond to Julia's engagement to James?
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)