|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What crop does Julia sow in preparation for the harvest season?
2. Which of the following characters is NOT killed by Richard?
(b) Uncle John.
3. When Richard visits Julia in the fields where she is sowing, how does Julia greet him?
(a) With a hug.
(b) With a hand shake.
(c) With a kiss.
(d) With warm words.
4. After Julia is presented with the doll on reaping day, what does her family realize about her?
(a) That she is married to Richard.
(b) That she is gifted with the Sight.
(c) That she is pregnant.
(d) That she is the favored child.
5. Which errand does Julia call for Jimmy Dart to run for her?
(a) Purchasing fabric for baby clothes.
(b) Picking up medicine.
(c) Delivering a letter.
(d) Hiding a weapon in the woods.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Celia's final words to Julia before leaving with Uncle John for town?
2. How does the bird respond to being held by Richard?
3. What happens to Matthew Merry after he is sent to prison?
4. Who is accused of stealing wheat from the Wideacre fields?
5. What part of the bird's body is broken when Richard is handling it?
Short Essay Questions
1. What interesting thing does Julia witness at Clary's funeral?
2. What happens after Richard demands that Julia dress up for a dinner engagement?
3. What is the revelation that Uncle John admits to Julia and Richard after the sickle race?
4. Why are Clary and Matthew Merry in a fight during Maying?
5. Why is Ralph arrested?
6. What does Richard admit to Julia when he meets her in Midhurst?
7. After Julia's encounter with Ralph in the village, what does she dream of when she falls to sleep that night?
8. What happens when Julia encounters Ralph while she is experiencing morning sickness?
9. How does Richard and Julia's wedding progress?
10. What happens to Uncle John and Celia when they set out to have Julia's marriage annulled?
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)