|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rosie Dench embroider?
2. Who does Ralph suggest could relieve Julia of her pregnancy?
(a) A gypsy woman.
(b) Dr. Pearce.
(c) Dr. Phillips.
(d) Celia Lacey.
3. After his parents' death, what is Richard's greatest concern?
(a) Keeping the villagers peaceful.
(b) Earning Julia's affections.
(c) The safety of his unborn baby.
(d) Ensuring Grandmamma's long life.
4. How does Uncle John refer to Julia's visions?
(a) As "secrets."
(b) As "abnormalities."
(c) As "delusions."
(d) As "gifts."
5. Where are Uncle John and Celia's bodies found?
(a) Separated, one on the road and one at the office.
(b) At the doctor's office.
(c) On the road.
(d) The bodies are never found.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Julia is presented with the doll on reaping day, what does her family realize about her?
2. As Julia leaves for Wideacre, what is her biggest fear about her relationship with James?
3. How many of the slave children that were taken from the Acre died?
4. When Julia looks over at Richard during the funeral, what is he doing?
5. Why does Celia believe that everyone thinks Julia resembles Beatrice?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens during the sickle race on the last day of the harvest?
2. How does Richard respond to Julia's engagement to James?
3. What happens during Richard's physical attack against Julia?
4. What happens when Richard is allowed to hold Ralph's goshawk?
5. What happens when Julia encounters Ralph while she is experiencing morning sickness?
6. How does Julia get Rosie Dench's debt erased?
7. How does Richard and Julia's wedding progress?
8. What is the revelation that Uncle John admits to Julia and Richard after the sickle race?
9. Who is Julie, and what information does she give Julia about James?
10. After the attack, how does Julia make her way home and what does she tell her family?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)