|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the father of Julia's baby?
(d) Matthew Merry.
2. Who is accused of stealing wheat from the Wideacre fields?
(a) Dench, the groom.
(b) Rosie Dench.
(d) Jimmy Dart.
3. How does Julia get Rosie Dench's debt erased?
(a) By paying it off.
(b) By negotiating with the shopkeeper.
(c) By making a scene in the shop.
(d) By threatening the shopkeeper's life.
4. What is wrong with the captain that performs Julia's wedding ceremony?
(a) He is drunk.
(b) He is deaf.
(c) He is blind.
(d) He is mute.
5. Which symptom of pregnancy plagues Julia through the first months of her pregnancy?
(a) Fainting spells.
(b) Morning sickness.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Julia feel after Richard states that he has a broken heart?
2. When Julia looks over at Richard during the funeral, what is he doing?
3. How does the bird respond to being held by Richard?
4. Which of the following characters is NOT killed by Richard?
5. After the attack, what part of Julia's body is broken?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Uncle John and Celia when they set out to have Julia's marriage annulled?
2. How does Richard and Julia's wedding progress?
3. What is "Maying," and how is it celebrated?
4. What do Julia and James witness when they visit the hovel where the slave children live, and what is their response?
5. What happens when Richard is allowed to hold Ralph's goshawk?
6. What does Richard admit to Julia when he meets her in Midhurst?
7. What happens to Matthew Merry after Clary dies?
8. What impact does the sudden pregnancy have on Julia's life?
9. How does Julia get Rosie Dench's debt erased?
10. What happens during the sickle race on the last day of the harvest?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)