|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Julia returns home after the attack, who helps her off her horse, squeezing her around the waist?
(d) Uncle John.
2. Who comes to Julia's aid when arguing why she should return to Wideacre?
3. Which bodies cannot be buried in the church cemetery?
(a) Bodies that were murdered.
(b) Bodies that are cremeated.
(c) Bodies that die of disease.
(d) Bodies of suicide.
4. How does Ralph respond when Julia says that she will not announce the name of Clary's killer?
(a) He threatens to turn her in to the police.
(b) He calls her a coward.
(c) He believes that Julia is the killer.
(d) He calls her brave for protecting the truth.
5. After the attack, what does Julia tell her family happened to her while she was out riding?
(a) That she was physically attacked.
(b) That she lost her way in the woods.
(c) That she was bucked off the horse.
(d) That she fell into a well.
6. What type of doll is presented to Julia after the race on reaping day?
(a) A wooden doll.
(b) A flour sac doll.
(c) A deer hide doll.
(d) A corn husk doll.
7. What is the name of the linkboy that Julia and James meet leaving the party?
(a) Thomas Dench.
(b) Billy Brown.
(c) Michael Leroy.
(d) Jimmy Dart.
8. What type of bird does Ralph keep as a pet?
(a) An eagle.
(b) A raven.
(c) A crow.
(d) A hawk.
9. Which activity to Richard and Julia partake in on Sunday afternoons?
(a) Horseback riding.
10. What are Celia's final words to Julia before leaving with Uncle John for town?
(a) "I love you, my daughter."
(b) There are no words spoken between them.
(c) "You will pay for what you have done."
(d) "God be with your soul."
11. As she leaves for Wideacre, how does Julia feel about her relationship with James?
(a) That the two were lost in fairy tale hopes.
(b) That the two are a perfect match.
(c) That the two were a terrible match.
(d) That the two didn't completely understand each other.
12. How does Julia feel after Richard states that he has a broken heart?
(a) She is confused.
(b) She is apathetic.
(c) She is saddened.
(d) She is triumphant.
13. How many of the slave children that were taken from the Acre died?
14. After visiting the shopkeeper, what does James ask of Julia?
(a) To marry him.
(b) To never speak to him again.
(c) To travel to Spain with him.
(d) To loan him money for school.
15. How does Uncle John respond to the news that Julia will be coming home from Dr. Phillips?
(a) He is disappointed.
(b) He is apathetic.
(c) He is anxious.
(d) He is elated.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Julia receives her first letter from James, what does it tell her?
2. Who encourages Julia to end her relationship with Dr. Phillips?
3. When Julia goes on vacation after finding out that she is pregnant, where does she go?
4. On her way to visit the slave children in the hovel, what is Julia robbed of?
5. Which of the following characters is NOT killed by Richard?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)