|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with the captain that performs Julia's wedding ceremony?
(a) He is drunk.
(b) He is mute.
(c) He is blind.
(d) He is deaf.
2. Which errand does Julia call for Jimmy Dart to run for her?
(a) Purchasing fabric for baby clothes.
(b) Hiding a weapon in the woods.
(c) Delivering a letter.
(d) Picking up medicine.
3. When Richard visits Julia in the fields where she is sowing, how does Julia greet him?
(a) With warm words.
(b) With a kiss.
(c) With a hand shake.
(d) With a hug.
4. Why is Jimmy Dart arrested?
(a) For setting fire to Wideacre.
(b) For stealing from the fields.
(c) For being a vagrant.
(d) For killing Celia Lacey.
5. Which of the following characters is NOT killed by Richard?
(c) Uncle John.
6. How does Richard respond to Julia's engagement to James?
(a) He is saddened.
(b) He is anxious.
(c) He is excited.
(d) He is furious.
7. How does Julia respond when Richard tells her that he loves her?
(a) She says that she loves him only as a cousin.
(b) She says that she loves him as her best friend.
(c) She says that she loves him as a lover.
(d) She says that she loves him like a father.
8. When Julia receives her first letter from James, what does it tell her?
(a) That he has met another woman.
(b) That he is moving away for school.
(c) That he is building the two of them a house.
(d) That he is coming for a visit.
9. When Julia goes on vacation after finding out that she is pregnant, where does she go?
(a) To Essex.
(b) To London.
(c) To Oxford.
(d) To Bath.
10. After his parents' death, what is Richard's greatest concern?
(a) Earning Julia's affections.
(b) Ensuring Grandmamma's long life.
(c) Keeping the villagers peaceful.
(d) The safety of his unborn baby.
11. How does Julia explain away her swelling stomach?
(a) She says that she is "with child."
(b) She says that she is "welled up with magic."
(c) She says that she is "full of undigested bread."
(d) She says that she is "unable to process water."
12. How does Uncle John respond to the news that Julia will be coming home from Dr. Phillips?
(a) He is elated.
(b) He is disappointed.
(c) He is anxious.
(d) He is apathetic.
13. Now that Julia is no longer a virgin, what does Richard say that she has no hope for?
(a) Finding a husband.
(b) Starting a family.
(c) Getting a job.
(d) Inheriting Wideacre.
14. Who is the father of Julia's baby?
(b) Matthew Merry.
15. Where were the slave children sent to work after being taken from the Acre?
(a) At a factory.
(b) At a farm.
(c) At a mill.
(d) At a livery.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Julia find out that she is pregnant?
2. When Julia returns home after the attack, who helps her off her horse, squeezing her around the waist?
3. After Julia refuses to call off her engagement to James, what does Richard say?
4. After the attack, what part of Julia's body is broken?
5. What does Julie do for a living?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)