|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Richard granted a brief leave from school?
(a) To visit a friend.
(b) To go to a funeral.
(c) To get married.
(d) To go to the hospital.
2. When Richard visits Julia in the fields where she is sowing, how does Julia greet him?
(a) With a hug.
(b) With warm words.
(c) With a kiss.
(d) With a hand shake.
3. When Julia has a dream on the night after she is confronted by Ralph, what does she shout?
(a) "I have sinned against my family!"
(b) "Bring me love or bring me death!"
(c) "Richard is my husband!"
(d) She cannot hear what she says.
4. Which of the following is NOT a characteristic that Julia sees in Richard's soul?
5. Who does Ralph suggest could relieve Julia of her pregnancy?
(a) Dr. Phillips.
(b) Dr. Pearce.
(c) A gypsy woman.
(d) Celia Lacey.
6. Who encourages Julia to end her relationship with Dr. Phillips?
7. How quickly is Julia revisited by Beatrice upon returning to Wideacre?
(a) Within the first day of returning.
(b) Immediately after stepping foot on the property.
(c) She isn't visited by Beatrice at all.
(d) Within the first week of returning.
8. What is the name of the linkboy that Julia and James meet leaving the party?
(a) Jimmy Dart.
(b) Billy Brown.
(c) Thomas Dench.
(d) Michael Leroy.
9. What is missing from Celia's murder site?
(a) Her letters.
(b) Her stockings.
(c) Her jewelry.
(d) Her gloves.
10. When Julia returns home after the attack, who helps her off her horse, squeezing her around the waist?
(b) Uncle John.
11. When Julia goes on vacation after finding out that she is pregnant, where does she go?
(a) To Oxford.
(b) To London.
(c) To Essex.
(d) To Bath.
12. What happens to Matthew Merry after he is sent to prison?
(a) He dies of a broken heart.
(b) He is killed by another inmate.
(c) He is sent to the mental ward of the prison.
(d) He kills himself.
13. Where were the slave children sent to work after being taken from the Acre?
(a) At a factory.
(b) At a farm.
(c) At a mill.
(d) At a livery.
14. As Julia leaves for Wideacre, what is her biggest fear about her relationship with James?
(a) That James will meet another woman.
(b) That Richard will not approve of their relationship.
(c) That she will no longer love James upon returning home.
(d) That the two will never be together.
15. What does James make the children promise not to use their money to purchase?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Julia plan to raise her baby if she is to raise it as a single mother?
2. What type of doll is presented to Julia after the race on reaping day?
3. What crop does Richard begin selling to the commercial markets after his parents' funeral?
4. Why does Celia believe that everyone thinks Julia resembles Beatrice?
5. Which activity to Richard and Julia partake in on Sunday afternoons?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)