|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Matthew Merry sold, infuriating Clary?
(a) His poetry.
(b) His home.
(c) His music.
(d) His sculptures.
2. How does the bird respond to being held by Richard?
(a) It sits calmly, waiting to be fed.
(b) It begins to bite at his hands.
(c) It immediately tries to fly away from him.
(d) It nuzzles up to Richard's neck affectionately.
3. Where are Uncle John and Celia's bodies found?
(a) On the road.
(b) Separated, one on the road and one at the office.
(c) The bodies are never found.
(d) At the doctor's office.
4. What is the name of the town where Julia arranges to meet Richard to tell him her news?
5. After the attack, what part of Julia's body is broken?
(a) Her collar bone.
(b) Her wrist.
(c) Her ankle.
(d) Her rib.
6. What does Rosie Dench embroider?
7. What is the holiday that Julia is made queen of by the villagers?
8. After his parents' death, what is Richard's greatest concern?
(a) Keeping the villagers peaceful.
(b) Ensuring Grandmamma's long life.
(c) Earning Julia's affections.
(d) The safety of his unborn baby.
9. After Julia refuses to call off her engagement to James, what does Richard say?
(a) That he will step down as the favored child at Wideacre.
(b) That he hopes James dies.
(c) That he will see to it that Julia be disinherited.
(d) That he hopes the two are happy together.
10. How does Uncle John respond to the news that Julia will be coming home from Dr. Phillips?
(a) He is disappointed.
(b) He is elated.
(c) He is anxious.
(d) He is apathetic.
11. What does Ralph warn Julia against if she finds herself "with child"?
(a) Rushing into a marriage.
(b) Telling the truth to her family.
(c) Giving birth to the child.
(d) Lying to the villagers.
12. How does Julia explain away her swelling stomach?
(a) She says that she is "welled up with magic."
(b) She says that she is "with child."
(c) She says that she is "unable to process water."
(d) She says that she is "full of undigested bread."
13. What happens to Matthew Merry after he is sent to prison?
(a) He is killed by another inmate.
(b) He kills himself.
(c) He dies of a broken heart.
(d) He is sent to the mental ward of the prison.
14. What is the name of the linkboy that Julia and James meet leaving the party?
(a) Thomas Dench.
(b) Michael Leroy.
(c) Jimmy Dart.
(d) Billy Brown.
15. How quickly is Julia revisited by Beatrice upon returning to Wideacre?
(a) Immediately after stepping foot on the property.
(b) She isn't visited by Beatrice at all.
(c) Within the first day of returning.
(d) Within the first week of returning.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Julia plan to raise her baby if she is to raise it as a single mother?
2. Who is accused of stealing wheat from the Wideacre fields?
3. What does Richard admit to intercepting between James and Julia?
4. What instrument is used in a race on the last day of reaping?
5. After Julia is presented with the doll on reaping day, what does her family realize about her?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)