|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ralph suggest could relieve Julia of her pregnancy?
(a) Dr. Phillips.
(b) Celia Lacey.
(c) Dr. Pearce.
(d) A gypsy woman.
2. What does Rosie Dench embroider?
3. Which of the following is NOT a characteristic that Julia sees in Richard's soul?
4. What color were the pearls that Richard presented Julia with at dinner?
5. Why is Richard granted a brief leave from school?
(a) To go to a funeral.
(b) To get married.
(c) To go to the hospital.
(d) To visit a friend.
6. Which bodies cannot be buried in the church cemetery?
(a) Bodies that are cremeated.
(b) Bodies that were murdered.
(c) Bodies that die of disease.
(d) Bodies of suicide.
7. How does Julia find out that she is pregnant?
(a) Her mother can tell by the glow in her face.
(b) The doctor feels the baby kick in her stomach.
(c) She takes a pregnancy test.
(d) She is constantly sick and guesses it about herself.
8. How does Julia respond when Richard tells her that he loves her?
(a) She says that she loves him as her best friend.
(b) She says that she loves him as a lover.
(c) She says that she loves him only as a cousin.
(d) She says that she loves him like a father.
9. What is the name of the town where Julia arranges to meet Richard to tell him her news?
10. Who is accused of stealing wheat from the Wideacre fields?
(a) Rosie Dench.
(b) Jimmy Dart.
(d) Dench, the groom.
11. After visiting the shopkeeper, what does James ask of Julia?
(a) To loan him money for school.
(b) To travel to Spain with him.
(c) To marry him.
(d) To never speak to him again.
12. What type of bird does Ralph keep as a pet?
(a) A crow.
(b) A hawk.
(c) A raven.
(d) An eagle.
13. As Julia leaves for Wideacre, what is her biggest fear about her relationship with James?
(a) That Richard will not approve of their relationship.
(b) That she will no longer love James upon returning home.
(c) That the two will never be together.
(d) That James will meet another woman.
14. What crop does Richard begin selling to the commercial markets after his parents' funeral?
15. Which symptom of pregnancy plagues Julia through the first months of her pregnancy?
(b) Morning sickness.
(c) Fainting spells.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the linkboy that Julia and James meet leaving the party?
2. How quickly is Julia revisited by Beatrice upon returning to Wideacre?
3. When Julia returns home after the attack, who helps her off her horse, squeezing her around the waist?
4. What is wrong with the captain that performs Julia's wedding ceremony?
5. When Julia looks over at Richard during the funeral, what is he doing?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)