|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters is NOT killed by Richard?
(c) Uncle John.
2. What is the name of the town where Julia arranges to meet Richard to tell him her news?
3. Which errand does Julia call for Jimmy Dart to run for her?
(a) Purchasing fabric for baby clothes.
(b) Delivering a letter.
(c) Picking up medicine.
(d) Hiding a weapon in the woods.
4. As Julia leaves for Wideacre, what is her biggest fear about her relationship with James?
(a) That Richard will not approve of their relationship.
(b) That James will meet another woman.
(c) That the two will never be together.
(d) That she will no longer love James upon returning home.
5. How does Julia get Rosie Dench's debt erased?
(a) By negotiating with the shopkeeper.
(b) By making a scene in the shop.
(c) By threatening the shopkeeper's life.
(d) By paying it off.
6. What is wrong with the captain that performs Julia's wedding ceremony?
(a) He is mute.
(b) He is blind.
(c) He is deaf.
(d) He is drunk.
7. What does Rosie Dench embroider?
8. What does James make the children promise not to use their money to purchase?
9. Why does Julia state that she has called off her engagement to James?
(a) Because he has lost all his money gambling.
(b) Because he is constantly drunk.
(c) Because he has been unfaithful to her.
(d) Because she was never in love with him.
10. What does Richard admit to intercepting between James and Julia?
(a) Their money transfers.
(b) Their whispered conversations.
(c) Their telephone calls.
(d) Their letters.
11. After his parents' death, what is Richard's greatest concern?
(a) The safety of his unborn baby.
(b) Earning Julia's affections.
(c) Keeping the villagers peaceful.
(d) Ensuring Grandmamma's long life.
12. After Julia is declared missing after the attack, who sends out a search party to find her?
13. How does Uncle John refer to Julia's visions?
(a) As "delusions."
(b) As "abnormalities."
(c) As "gifts."
(d) As "secrets."
14. What has Matthew Merry sold, infuriating Clary?
(a) His sculptures.
(b) His poetry.
(c) His music.
(d) His home.
15. When Julia is riding her horse during a dream state, who does she realize is on top of her, kissing her?
(a) Matthew Merry.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the attack, what does Julia tell her family happened to her while she was out riding?
2. What instrument is used in a race on the last day of reaping?
3. Who is the father of Julia's baby?
4. What is the name of the linkboy that Julia and James meet leaving the party?
5. Which of the following is NOT a characteristic that Julia sees in Richard's soul?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)