|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Now that Julia is no longer a virgin, what does Richard say that she has no hope for?
(a) Finding a husband.
(b) Inheriting Wideacre.
(c) Starting a family.
(d) Getting a job.
2. What does Ralph predict will someday happen to the land of Wideacre?
(a) That the villagers will overtake the land from her.
(b) That the land will flourish under Julia's green thumb.
(c) That the land will be destroyed by fire.
(d) That Julia will give it to the villagers.
3. After Julia refuses to call off her engagement to James, what does Richard say?
(a) That he will see to it that Julia be disinherited.
(b) That he hopes James dies.
(c) That he hopes the two are happy together.
(d) That he will step down as the favored child at Wideacre.
4. What happens to Matthew Merry after he is sent to prison?
(a) He is sent to the mental ward of the prison.
(b) He kills himself.
(c) He is killed by another inmate.
(d) He dies of a broken heart.
5. After Julia is presented with the doll on reaping day, what does her family realize about her?
(a) That she is gifted with the Sight.
(b) That she is the favored child.
(c) That she is pregnant.
(d) That she is married to Richard.
6. Which symptom of pregnancy plagues Julia through the first months of her pregnancy?
(a) Morning sickness.
(c) Fainting spells.
7. What is revealed to be the true relationship between Julia and Richard?
(a) They are slaves.
(b) They are siblings.
(c) They are enemies.
(d) They are cousins.
8. What does James make the children promise not to use their money to purchase?
9. What is the holiday that Julia is made queen of by the villagers?
10. What has Matthew Merry sold, infuriating Clary?
(a) His music.
(b) His home.
(c) His poetry.
(d) His sculptures.
11. How does Richard respond to Julia's engagement to James?
(a) He is excited.
(b) He is furious.
(c) He is anxious.
(d) He is saddened.
12. Who encourages Julia to end her relationship with Dr. Phillips?
13. How does Julia explain away her swelling stomach?
(a) She says that she is "welled up with magic."
(b) She says that she is "full of undigested bread."
(c) She says that she is "unable to process water."
(d) She says that she is "with child."
14. What type of bird does Ralph keep as a pet?
(a) A crow.
(b) A hawk.
(c) A raven.
(d) An eagle.
15. Who comes to Julia's aid when arguing why she should return to Wideacre?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Julia state that she has called off her engagement to James?
2. Where were the slave children sent to work after being taken from the Acre?
3. What does a linkboy carry?
4. How does Uncle John refer to Julia's visions?
5. How many of the slave children that were taken from the Acre died?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)