Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with the captain that performs Julia's wedding ceremony?
(a) He is deaf.
(b) He is mute.
(c) He is drunk.
(d) He is blind.
2. What is the name of the linkboy that Julia and James meet leaving the party?
(a) Michael Leroy.
(b) Jimmy Dart.
(c) Billy Brown.
(d) Thomas Dench.
3. Which of the following is NOT suggested by Uncle John as a way of rectifying the problem between Julia and Richard?
(a) Selling Wideacre.
(b) Getting rid of the pregnancy.
(c) Anulling the marriage.
(d) Separating Richard from Julia.
4. How is it rumored that Wideacre grows such a prosperous harvest?
(a) By Lacey magic.
(b) By secret fertilizer.
(c) By slave labor.
(d) By underground watering systems.
5. Where does Julia plan to raise her baby if she is to raise it as a single mother?
(a) At Acre.
(b) Away, at Bath.
(c) Alone in the wilderness.
(d) At home with her mother.
6. After visiting the shopkeeper, what does James ask of Julia?
(a) To marry him.
(b) To never speak to him again.
(c) To loan him money for school.
(d) To travel to Spain with him.
7. How does the bird respond to being held by Richard?
(a) It sits calmly, waiting to be fed.
(b) It nuzzles up to Richard's neck affectionately.
(c) It immediately tries to fly away from him.
(d) It begins to bite at his hands.
8. On her way to visit the slave children in the hovel, what is Julia robbed of?
(a) Her money.
(b) Her hat.
(c) Her parasol.
(d) Her shoes.
9. What has Matthew Merry sold, infuriating Clary?
(a) His sculptures.
(b) His home.
(c) His music.
(d) His poetry.
10. When Julia returns to Wideacre, what has Uncle John done to the dowry house?
(a) Burned it to the ground.
(b) Locked the doors with large chains.
(c) Transformed it into a livestock shed.
(d) Completely redecorated it.
11. What does Rosie Dench embroider?
12. How does Richard treat the profit-sharing agreement Uncle John implemented?
(a) He ignores the agreement completely.
(b) He gives the villagers less profit than the agreement demanded.
(c) He gives the villagers more profit that the agreement demanded.
(d) He sticks frugally to the agreement, down to every letter.
13. What is revealed to be the true relationship between Julia and Richard?
(a) They are slaves.
(b) They are siblings.
(c) They are enemies.
(d) They are cousins.
14. What does Richard admit to intercepting between James and Julia?
(a) Their telephone calls.
(b) Their whispered conversations.
(c) Their money transfers.
(d) Their letters.
15. After his parents' death, what is Richard's greatest concern?
(a) Keeping the villagers peaceful.
(b) Ensuring Grandmamma's long life.
(c) Earning Julia's affections.
(d) The safety of his unborn baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. What crop does Richard begin selling to the commercial markets after his parents' funeral?
2. What does Ralph warn Julia against if she finds herself "with child"?
3. Why does Celia leave the party early, allowing James to escort Julia home?
4. How does Julia find out that she is pregnant?
5. After the attack, what does Julia tell her family happened to her while she was out riding?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)