|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ralph warn Julia against if she finds herself "with child"?
(a) Lying to the villagers.
(b) Telling the truth to her family.
(c) Giving birth to the child.
(d) Rushing into a marriage.
2. Who tells Julia that she should always meet the neighbors with her head held high?
(c) Jimmy Dart.
3. What type of bird does Ralph keep as a pet?
(a) A crow.
(b) A raven.
(c) A hawk.
(d) An eagle.
4. Who comes to Julia's aid when arguing why she should return to Wideacre?
5. What does Richard admit to intercepting between James and Julia?
(a) Their whispered conversations.
(b) Their telephone calls.
(c) Their money transfers.
(d) Their letters.
6. What is wrong with the captain that performs Julia's wedding ceremony?
(a) He is drunk.
(b) He is deaf.
(c) He is blind.
(d) He is mute.
7. Which of the following is NOT suggested by Uncle John as a way of rectifying the problem between Julia and Richard?
(a) Selling Wideacre.
(b) Getting rid of the pregnancy.
(c) Separating Richard from Julia.
(d) Anulling the marriage.
8. Where were the slave children sent to work after being taken from the Acre?
(a) At a livery.
(b) At a factory.
(c) At a mill.
(d) At a farm.
9. When Julia returns to Wideacre, what has Uncle John done to the dowry house?
(a) Completely redecorated it.
(b) Transformed it into a livestock shed.
(c) Burned it to the ground.
(d) Locked the doors with large chains.
10. How does Julia feel after Richard states that he has a broken heart?
(a) She is confused.
(b) She is triumphant.
(c) She is apathetic.
(d) She is saddened.
11. What does Julie do for a living?
(a) She is a prostitute.
(b) She is a cleaner.
(c) She is a teacher.
(d) She is a seamstress.
12. What does Rosie Dench embroider?
13. Which symptom of pregnancy plagues Julia through the first months of her pregnancy?
(c) Morning sickness.
(d) Fainting spells.
14. Where is Clary's body found?
(a) Lying peacefully in her bed.
(b) Cradled in Matthew Merry's arms.
(c) Floating down the river.
(d) Buried in a shallow grave.
15. What is the holiday that Julia is made queen of by the villagers?
Short Answer Questions
1. As Julia leaves for Wideacre, what is her biggest fear about her relationship with James?
2. How does Julia explain away her swelling stomach?
3. What is the name of the linkboy that Julia and James meet leaving the party?
4. After Julia refuses to call off her engagement to James, what does Richard say?
5. How does the bird respond to being held by Richard?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)