|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Richard respond when he hears that Julia is pregnant?
(a) He is apathetic.
(b) He is proud.
(c) He is anxious.
(d) He is angry.
2. How does Ralph respond when Julia says that she will not announce the name of Clary's killer?
(a) He calls her a coward.
(b) He threatens to turn her in to the police.
(c) He believes that Julia is the killer.
(d) He calls her brave for protecting the truth.
3. How does Julia feel after Richard states that he has a broken heart?
(a) She is apathetic.
(b) She is confused.
(c) She is saddened.
(d) She is triumphant.
4. When Julia receives her first letter from James, what does it tell her?
(a) That he is coming for a visit.
(b) That he has met another woman.
(c) That he is building the two of them a house.
(d) That he is moving away for school.
5. What has Matthew Merry sold, infuriating Clary?
(a) His music.
(b) His poetry.
(c) His home.
(d) His sculptures.
6. When Julia looks over at Richard during the funeral, what is he doing?
7. How does Uncle John respond to the news that Julia will be coming home from Dr. Phillips?
(a) He is anxious.
(b) He is disappointed.
(c) He is elated.
(d) He is apathetic.
8. What is revealed to be the true relationship between Julia and Richard?
(a) They are slaves.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) They are siblings.
(d) They are enemies.
9. What does James make the children promise not to use their money to purchase?
10. As Julia leaves for Wideacre, what is her biggest fear about her relationship with James?
(a) That James will meet another woman.
(b) That Richard will not approve of their relationship.
(c) That the two will never be together.
(d) That she will no longer love James upon returning home.
11. What instrument is used in a race on the last day of reaping?
(a) A cart.
(b) An ax.
(c) A shovel.
(d) A sickle.
12. Why does Celia believe that everyone thinks Julia resembles Beatrice?
(a) Because they wear their hair the same way.
(b) Because they wear similar clothing.
(c) Because their voices sound similar.
(d) Because their walking stride is the same.
13. What is the name of the town where Julia arranges to meet Richard to tell him her news?
14. Now that Julia is no longer a virgin, what does Richard say that she has no hope for?
(a) Finding a husband.
(b) Starting a family.
(c) Getting a job.
(d) Inheriting Wideacre.
15. After Julia is presented with the doll on reaping day, what does her family realize about her?
(a) That she is gifted with the Sight.
(b) That she is married to Richard.
(c) That she is the favored child.
(d) That she is pregnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which errand does Julia call for Jimmy Dart to run for her?
2. After visiting the shopkeeper, what does James ask of Julia?
3. How does Uncle John refer to Julia's visions?
4. Who tells Julia that she should always meet the neighbors with her head held high?
5. When Richard visits Julia in the fields where she is sowing, how does Julia greet him?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)