|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Richard visits Julia in the fields where she is sowing, how does Julia greet him?
(a) With a kiss.
(b) With warm words.
(c) With a hand shake.
(d) With a hug.
2. What does Ralph warn Julia against if she finds herself "with child"?
(a) Giving birth to the child.
(b) Lying to the villagers.
(c) Rushing into a marriage.
(d) Telling the truth to her family.
3. What does Julie do for a living?
(a) She is a seamstress.
(b) She is a teacher.
(c) She is a cleaner.
(d) She is a prostitute.
4. What does a linkboy carry?
(a) A gun.
(b) A chain.
(c) A torch.
(d) A basket.
5. Which of the following is NOT a characteristic that Julia sees in Richard's soul?
6. When Julia returns to Wideacre, what has Uncle John done to the dowry house?
(a) Transformed it into a livestock shed.
(b) Burned it to the ground.
(c) Locked the doors with large chains.
(d) Completely redecorated it.
7. What crop does Julia sow in preparation for the harvest season?
8. What does Ralph predict will someday happen to the land of Wideacre?
(a) That the land will flourish under Julia's green thumb.
(b) That the land will be destroyed by fire.
(c) That Julia will give it to the villagers.
(d) That the villagers will overtake the land from her.
9. What instrument is used in a race on the last day of reaping?
(a) A cart.
(b) A sickle.
(c) A shovel.
(d) An ax.
10. What does Rosie Dench embroider?
11. What type of bird does Ralph keep as a pet?
(a) A raven.
(b) A crow.
(c) An eagle.
(d) A hawk.
12. After Julia is presented with the doll on reaping day, what does her family realize about her?
(a) That she is the favored child.
(b) That she is married to Richard.
(c) That she is gifted with the Sight.
(d) That she is pregnant.
13. When Julia is riding her horse during a dream state, who does she realize is on top of her, kissing her?
(c) Matthew Merry.
14. Which errand does Julia call for Jimmy Dart to run for her?
(a) Hiding a weapon in the woods.
(b) Delivering a letter.
(c) Picking up medicine.
(d) Purchasing fabric for baby clothes.
15. When Julia returns home after the attack, who helps her off her horse, squeezing her around the waist?
(a) Uncle John.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is it rumored that Wideacre grows such a prosperous harvest?
2. Where are Uncle John and Celia's bodies found?
3. How many of the slave children that were taken from the Acre died?
4. After the attack, what does Julia tell her family happened to her while she was out riding?
5. What is revealed to be the true relationship between Julia and Richard?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)