|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Julia looks over at Richard during the funeral, what is he doing?
2. As she leaves for Wideacre, how does Julia feel about her relationship with James?
(a) That the two are a perfect match.
(b) That the two were lost in fairy tale hopes.
(c) That the two were a terrible match.
(d) That the two didn't completely understand each other.
3. Where are Uncle John and Celia's bodies found?
(a) On the road.
(b) At the doctor's office.
(c) The bodies are never found.
(d) Separated, one on the road and one at the office.
4. On her way to visit the slave children in the hovel, what is Julia robbed of?
(a) Her hat.
(b) Her money.
(c) Her parasol.
(d) Her shoes.
5. Which errand does Julia call for Jimmy Dart to run for her?
(a) Hiding a weapon in the woods.
(b) Purchasing fabric for baby clothes.
(c) Delivering a letter.
(d) Picking up medicine.
6. Who does Ralph suggest could relieve Julia of her pregnancy?
(a) Dr. Pearce.
(b) Celia Lacey.
(c) Dr. Phillips.
(d) A gypsy woman.
7. How does Richard treat the profit-sharing agreement Uncle John implemented?
(a) He gives the villagers less profit than the agreement demanded.
(b) He gives the villagers more profit that the agreement demanded.
(c) He ignores the agreement completely.
(d) He sticks frugally to the agreement, down to every letter.
8. What color were the pearls that Richard presented Julia with at dinner?
9. Which bodies cannot be buried in the church cemetery?
(a) Bodies that die of disease.
(b) Bodies that were murdered.
(c) Bodies that are cremeated.
(d) Bodies of suicide.
10. During the time that he has been away from Julia, where has James been?
(a) At Princeton.
(b) At Oxford.
(c) At Yale.
(d) At Stanford.
11. When Julia has a dream on the night after she is confronted by Ralph, what does she shout?
(a) "Bring me love or bring me death!"
(b) "Richard is my husband!"
(c) She cannot hear what she says.
(d) "I have sinned against my family!"
12. Why does Julia state that she has called off her engagement to James?
(a) Because he is constantly drunk.
(b) Because she was never in love with him.
(c) Because he has been unfaithful to her.
(d) Because he has lost all his money gambling.
13. How does Ralph respond to the way that Richard handles the bird?
(a) He punches Richard in the stomach.
(b) He quietly takes the bird to the hospital.
(c) He kills the bird to put it out of its suffering.
(d) He laughs off the injury saying that the bird will be fine.
14. When Richard visits Julia in the fields where she is sowing, how does Julia greet him?
(a) With warm words.
(b) With a hug.
(c) With a kiss.
(d) With a hand shake.
15. Who is the father of Julia's baby?
(c) Matthew Merry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Richard granted a brief leave from school?
2. Why does Celia leave the party early, allowing James to escort Julia home?
3. What does Richard admit to intercepting between James and Julia?
4. What type of bird does Ralph keep as a pet?
5. What is the holiday that Julia is made queen of by the villagers?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)