|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Julia leaves for Wideacre, what is her biggest fear about her relationship with James?
(a) That Richard will not approve of their relationship.
(b) That James will meet another woman.
(c) That the two will never be together.
(d) That she will no longer love James upon returning home.
2. After Julia is presented with the doll on reaping day, what does her family realize about her?
(a) That she is gifted with the Sight.
(b) That she is pregnant.
(c) That she is married to Richard.
(d) That she is the favored child.
3. What does a linkboy carry?
(a) A gun.
(b) A basket.
(c) A chain.
(d) A torch.
4. How does Julia get Rosie Dench's debt erased?
(a) By making a scene in the shop.
(b) By negotiating with the shopkeeper.
(c) By paying it off.
(d) By threatening the shopkeeper's life.
5. How does Richard respond when he hears that Julia is pregnant?
(a) He is proud.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is anxious.
(d) He is apathetic.
6. How many of the slave children that were taken from the Acre died?
7. Where are Uncle John and Celia's bodies found?
(a) Separated, one on the road and one at the office.
(b) On the road.
(c) The bodies are never found.
(d) At the doctor's office.
8. How does Uncle John respond to the news that Julia will be coming home from Dr. Phillips?
(a) He is apathetic.
(b) He is elated.
(c) He is anxious.
(d) He is disappointed.
9. When Julia looks over at Richard during the funeral, what is he doing?
10. On the day of the reaping, what does a village child beg off of Julia's riding garments?
(a) A patch.
(b) A lace hem.
(c) A ribbon.
(d) A button.
11. After visiting the shopkeeper, what does James ask of Julia?
(a) To loan him money for school.
(b) To travel to Spain with him.
(c) To never speak to him again.
(d) To marry him.
12. Who is the father of Julia's baby?
(c) Matthew Merry.
13. What instrument is used in a race on the last day of reaping?
(a) An ax.
(b) A cart.
(c) A shovel.
(d) A sickle.
14. Which symptom of pregnancy plagues Julia through the first months of her pregnancy?
(b) Morning sickness.
(c) Fainting spells.
15. What are Celia's final words to Julia before leaving with Uncle John for town?
(a) "God be with your soul."
(b) There are no words spoken between them.
(c) "You will pay for what you have done."
(d) "I love you, my daughter."
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ralph respond when Julia says that she will not announce the name of Clary's killer?
2. What does Ralph predict will someday happen to the land of Wideacre?
3. As she leaves for Wideacre, how does Julia feel about her relationship with James?
4. When Julia returns to Wideacre, what has Uncle John done to the dowry house?
5. What happens to Matthew Merry after he is sent to prison?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)