|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument is used in a race on the last day of reaping?
(a) An ax.
(b) A sickle.
(c) A cart.
(d) A shovel.
2. What part of the bird's body is broken when Richard is handling it?
(a) Its beak.
(b) Its legs.
(c) Its wings.
(d) Its tailfeathers.
3. When Julia has a dream on the night after she is confronted by Ralph, what does she shout?
(a) "Bring me love or bring me death!"
(b) She cannot hear what she says.
(c) "I have sinned against my family!"
(d) "Richard is my husband!"
4. Who encourages Julia to end her relationship with Dr. Phillips?
5. How does Julia find out that she is pregnant?
(a) Her mother can tell by the glow in her face.
(b) She is constantly sick and guesses it about herself.
(c) The doctor feels the baby kick in her stomach.
(d) She takes a pregnancy test.
6. Where were the slave children sent to work after being taken from the Acre?
(a) At a mill.
(b) At a factory.
(c) At a livery.
(d) At a farm.
7. What does Ralph warn Julia against if she finds herself "with child"?
(a) Lying to the villagers.
(b) Rushing into a marriage.
(c) Giving birth to the child.
(d) Telling the truth to her family.
8. What is wrong with the captain that performs Julia's wedding ceremony?
(a) He is mute.
(b) He is deaf.
(c) He is blind.
(d) He is drunk.
9. What type of doll is presented to Julia after the race on reaping day?
(a) A corn husk doll.
(b) A deer hide doll.
(c) A wooden doll.
(d) A flour sac doll.
10. Which bodies cannot be buried in the church cemetery?
(a) Bodies that were murdered.
(b) Bodies that die of disease.
(c) Bodies of suicide.
(d) Bodies that are cremeated.
11. What is the holiday that Julia is made queen of by the villagers?
12. What type of bird does Ralph keep as a pet?
(a) A raven.
(b) A hawk.
(c) A crow.
(d) An eagle.
13. What color were the pearls that Richard presented Julia with at dinner?
14. Who does Ralph suggest could relieve Julia of her pregnancy?
(a) Celia Lacey.
(b) A gypsy woman.
(c) Dr. Phillips.
(d) Dr. Pearce.
15. When Julia returns home after the attack, who helps her off her horse, squeezing her around the waist?
(d) Uncle John.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Julia refuses to call off her engagement to James, what does Richard say?
2. As she leaves for Wideacre, how does Julia feel about her relationship with James?
3. Who is the father of Julia's baby?
4. What does a linkboy carry?
5. How does Julia explain away her swelling stomach?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)