|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On her way to visit the slave children in the hovel, what is Julia robbed of?
(a) Her money.
(b) Her parasol.
(c) Her hat.
(d) Her shoes.
2. What is the name of the town where Julia arranges to meet Richard to tell him her news?
3. How does Richard treat the profit-sharing agreement Uncle John implemented?
(a) He gives the villagers more profit that the agreement demanded.
(b) He ignores the agreement completely.
(c) He gives the villagers less profit than the agreement demanded.
(d) He sticks frugally to the agreement, down to every letter.
4. Who in Julia's family is the first to hear of Julia's pregnancy?
(a) Uncle John.
5. How does Julia respond when Richard tells her that he loves her?
(a) She says that she loves him as her best friend.
(b) She says that she loves him only as a cousin.
(c) She says that she loves him like a father.
(d) She says that she loves him as a lover.
6. How does Julia explain away her swelling stomach?
(a) She says that she is "welled up with magic."
(b) She says that she is "unable to process water."
(c) She says that she is "full of undigested bread."
(d) She says that she is "with child."
7. After his parents' death, what is Richard's greatest concern?
(a) Keeping the villagers peaceful.
(b) Ensuring Grandmamma's long life.
(c) Earning Julia's affections.
(d) The safety of his unborn baby.
8. When Julia looks over at Richard during the funeral, what is he doing?
9. When Richard visits Julia in the fields where she is sowing, how does Julia greet him?
(a) With a hug.
(b) With warm words.
(c) With a kiss.
(d) With a hand shake.
10. How does the bird respond to being held by Richard?
(a) It begins to bite at his hands.
(b) It sits calmly, waiting to be fed.
(c) It immediately tries to fly away from him.
(d) It nuzzles up to Richard's neck affectionately.
11. Which errand does Julia call for Jimmy Dart to run for her?
(a) Picking up medicine.
(b) Delivering a letter.
(c) Hiding a weapon in the woods.
(d) Purchasing fabric for baby clothes.
12. When Julia is riding her horse during a dream state, who does she realize is on top of her, kissing her?
(d) Matthew Merry.
13. When Julia goes on vacation after finding out that she is pregnant, where does she go?
(a) To London.
(b) To Bath.
(c) To Oxford.
(d) To Essex.
14. What is revealed to be the true relationship between Julia and Richard?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) They are enemies.
(c) They are slaves.
(d) They are siblings.
15. What color were the pearls that Richard presented Julia with at dinner?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a linkboy carry?
2. Why does Celia believe that everyone thinks Julia resembles Beatrice?
3. What does Julie do for a living?
4. Who is the father of Julia's baby?
5. How does Julia get Rosie Dench's debt erased?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)