|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the holiday that Julia is made queen of by the villagers?
2. How does Ralph respond to the way that Richard handles the bird?
(a) He quietly takes the bird to the hospital.
(b) He laughs off the injury saying that the bird will be fine.
(c) He punches Richard in the stomach.
(d) He kills the bird to put it out of its suffering.
3. What instrument is used in a race on the last day of reaping?
(a) An ax.
(b) A shovel.
(c) A cart.
(d) A sickle.
4. Where are Uncle John and Celia's bodies found?
(a) At the doctor's office.
(b) On the road.
(c) Separated, one on the road and one at the office.
(d) The bodies are never found.
5. Where does Julia plan to raise her baby if she is to raise it as a single mother?
(a) At Acre.
(b) At home with her mother.
(c) Alone in the wilderness.
(d) Away, at Bath.
6. Where were the slave children sent to work after being taken from the Acre?
(a) At a mill.
(b) At a farm.
(c) At a livery.
(d) At a factory.
7. How does Julia respond when Richard tells her that he loves her?
(a) She says that she loves him only as a cousin.
(b) She says that she loves him as her best friend.
(c) She says that she loves him as a lover.
(d) She says that she loves him like a father.
8. Why does Celia believe that everyone thinks Julia resembles Beatrice?
(a) Because they wear their hair the same way.
(b) Because they wear similar clothing.
(c) Because their walking stride is the same.
(d) Because their voices sound similar.
9. When Julia returns home after the attack, who helps her off her horse, squeezing her around the waist?
(c) Uncle John.
10. Who is the father of Julia's baby?
(a) Matthew Merry.
11. As she leaves for Wideacre, how does Julia feel about her relationship with James?
(a) That the two are a perfect match.
(b) That the two were a terrible match.
(c) That the two were lost in fairy tale hopes.
(d) That the two didn't completely understand each other.
12. How is it rumored that Wideacre grows such a prosperous harvest?
(a) By secret fertilizer.
(b) By underground watering systems.
(c) By slave labor.
(d) By Lacey magic.
13. When Julia has a dream on the night after she is confronted by Ralph, what does she shout?
(a) "Bring me love or bring me death!"
(b) "Richard is my husband!"
(c) "I have sinned against my family!"
(d) She cannot hear what she says.
14. How does Julia find out that she is pregnant?
(a) The doctor feels the baby kick in her stomach.
(b) She takes a pregnancy test.
(c) She is constantly sick and guesses it about herself.
(d) Her mother can tell by the glow in her face.
15. Which of the following characters is NOT killed by Richard?
(c) Uncle John.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the attack, what does Julia tell her family happened to her while she was out riding?
2. Who is accused of stealing wheat from the Wideacre fields?
3. What has Matthew Merry sold, infuriating Clary?
4. During the time that he has been away from Julia, where has James been?
5. What crop does Julia sow in preparation for the harvest season?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)