|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Julia's reoccurring dream, what is the weather like?
(a) It is raining.
(b) It is sunny.
(c) It is snowing.
(d) It is windy.
2. What has Uncle John been away mining?
3. Which character in the novel is put in charge of starting a school for the village children?
4. Which of the following is a subject taught at the school for village children?
5. How does Grandmamma Havering expect a wife to act to her husband?
(a) She should bow to her husband's requests.
(b) She should treat her husband like a pig.
(c) She should live in fear of her huband's wrath.
(d) She should demand to be treated as an equal.
6. What type of animal is Scheherazade?
(a) A horse.
(b) A dog.
(c) A bird.
(d) A cat.
7. What is Uncle John's plan to cut hourly wages from the Wideacre employees?
(a) To pay the workers in land.
(b) To pay the workers in kind words.
(c) To pay the workers in profit share.
(d) Not to pay the workers at all.
8. What do Celia and Julia rent from Mrs. Gibson?
(a) A sewing machine.
(b) A horse and buggy.
(c) An apartment.
(d) A motor car.
9. What relation does Clary have to the accused Dench?
(a) She is his neice.
(b) She is his daughter.
(c) She is his sister.
(d) They have no relation.
10. Where does Julia typically have her daydreams?
(a) While taking very hot baths.
(b) While lying in her bed.
(c) While wandering through Wideacre estates.
(d) While chewing on tobacco leaves.
11. After Julia continues to dream about her Aunt Beatrice, what conclusion does she reach?
(a) That Aunt Beatrice is her mother.
(b) That Aunt Beatrice is really alive.
(c) That she and Beatrice are as one.
(d) That Aunt Beatrice is haunting her.
12. After discussing Richard's temper with Julia, what does Ralph call Richard?
(a) A filthy rat.
(b) An evil demon.
(c) A dangerous boy.
(d) A spoiled child.
13. As children, what did Julia and Robert promise to do?
(a) Marry each other one day.
(b) Travel the world together.
(c) Stay best friends forever.
(d) Move out of their hometown.
14. What part of his body is Ralph Megson missing?
(a) His arms.
(b) His eyes.
(c) His legs.
(d) His fingers.
15. What does Julia decide to name her new horse, gifted from Ralph?
(a) Magnolia Blossom.
(b) Green Leaf.
(c) Sea Mist.
(d) Ocean Wave.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the village children dare Julia to steal from the parson's garden?
2. What type of orchard is Julia in charge of building?
3. As Julia explains it to Ralph, why doesn't she have a horse?
4. How does Julia thank James for his words of kindness to her?
5. What is Uncle John's real profession?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)