|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Ralph regularly poach from the river?
2. Who decides to hire Ralph Megson?
(a) Julia Lacey.
(b) Richard McAdams.
(c) Celia Lacey.
(d) Uncle John.
3. Which character in the novel is put in charge of starting a school for the village children?
4. What musical instrument does Julia play so that she can accompany Richard's singing?
(a) The guitar.
(b) The flute.
(c) The cello.
(d) The piano.
5. Which of the following characters does NOT encourage Julia to embrace her magical heritage?
6. How does Richard respond to Julia's news that she is being sent away.
(a) He is excited by her leaving.
(b) He is saddened by her leaving.
(c) He is confused by her leaving.
(d) He is enraged by her leaving.
7. What color is the horse that Ralph brings for Julia?
8. Who does James suggest that Julia should elope with?
(a) Her cousin.
(b) Her butler.
(c) Her gardner.
(d) Her stable boy.
9. What does Julia do with the extra trees from her orchard?
(a) She plants them in her small, personal garden.
(b) She plants them by the sea side.
(c) She throws them away.
(d) She plants them in the village.
10. In Julia's reoccurring dream, what is the weather like?
(a) It is snowing.
(b) It is sunny.
(c) It is raining.
(d) It is windy.
11. How does Julia introduce Dench to the new hire, Ralph?
(a) As "My father."
(b) As "Pastor Robertson."
(c) As "Dench the Groom."
(d) As "Dan Taylor."
12. Why is Julia tempted to bring the horse out of the stable?
(a) Because she was given permission by Richard to ride the horse.
(b) Because the stable boy tricks her into riding the horse.
(c) Because she is jealous that only Richard may ride it.
(d) Because it isn't getting enough exercise.
13. Which of the following characters have plans to become the next owner of the Wideacre estate?
(d) Matthew Merry.
14. What does the doctor that Julia is being sent to specialize in?
(a) Speech disorders.
(b) Vision disorders.
(c) Nervous disorders.
(d) Eating disorders.
15. How does James respond to Julia's prophetic dreams?
(a) He is terrified of them.
(b) He takes them as fact.
(c) He is amused by them.
(d) He teases her about them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Uncle John give to Julia for her birthday on the day that he returns from the mines?
2. After leaving the village and meeting Dench, what does Ralph admit to Julia?
3. How does Julia dream that the village will be destroyed?
4. In which of the following places has Julia NOT had an encounter with her Aunt Beatrice?
5. What rationalization does Julia give for the way that old people in the village greet her?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)