|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of orchard is Julia in charge of building?
(a) An orange orchard.
(b) An olive orchard.
(c) An apple orchard.
(d) An almond orchard.
2. Who does Julia refer to as a "great lout"?
(a) Ralph's girlfriend.
(b) Ralph's cleaning woman.
(c) Ralph's mother.
(d) Ralph's sister.
3. What does Julia begin to dream about Ralph after their visit to the town?
(a) That she and Ralph are bank robbers.
(b) That she and Ralph are siblings.
(c) That she and Ralph are arch enemies.
(d) That she and Ralph are lovers.
4. What color is the horse that Ralph brings for Julia?
5. To what city does Uncle John and Celia wish to send Julia to see a doctor?
6. What does Uncle John give to Julia for her birthday on the day that he returns from the mines?
(a) A new horse.
(b) A new gown.
(d) A feather pen.
7. After leaving the village and meeting Dench, what does Ralph admit to Julia?
(a) That he has been stealing from her family.
(b) That he slashed the legs of Richard's horse.
(c) That he helped set fire to Wildacre.
(d) That he and Beatrice were once lovers.
8. What does Julia do with the extra trees from her orchard?
(a) She throws them away.
(b) She plants them in her small, personal garden.
(c) She plants them by the sea side.
(d) She plants them in the village.
9. How was Julia's Aunt Beatrice killed?
(a) She was murdered.
(b) She drown.
(c) She had an incurable disease.
(d) She died in a car accident.
10. What does Julia immediately realize about herself when she arrives in Bath?
(a) That she is more educated that the doctor.
(b) That she is uneducated to the ways of these foreigners.
(c) That she is a country girl.
(d) That she is high society in comparison to these people.
11. Which character in the novel is put in charge of starting a school for the village children?
12. Why is Dench fired?
(a) For breaking Celia's glass vase.
(b) For letting Julia ride the horse.
(c) For stealing linens from the Acre.
(d) For being drunk on the job.
13. Who decides to hire Ralph Megson?
(a) Julia Lacey.
(b) Celia Lacey.
(c) Uncle John.
(d) Richard McAdams.
14. What happens when Richard demands that Ralph be fired?
(a) Ralph is fired.
(b) Julia comes to Ralph's defense.
(c) Ralph punches Richard in the stomach.
(d) No one listens to Richard's whining.
15. Which of the following is a subject taught at the school for village children?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing that Julia notices about the village children when she sees them for the first time?
2. Who convinces Julia that if she believes in her dream she must warn the villagers?
3. How does Julia feel about having to visit Dr. Phillips?
4. In Julia's reoccurring dream, where are she and the baby headed?
5. What does the doctor that Julia is being sent to specialize in?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)