|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does James respond to Julia's prophetic dreams?
(a) He is terrified of them.
(b) He is amused by them.
(c) He takes them as fact.
(d) He teases her about them.
2. On what birthday does Julia begin to have dreams that she is Beatrice?
(a) On her 18th birthday.
(b) On her 16th birthday.
(c) On her 21st birthday.
(d) On her 10th birthday.
3. What is Ralph Megson famous for doing in the village?
(a) Singing songs on the street corners.
(b) Stealing money from the rich.
(c) Preaching the Sunday mass.
(d) Bringing food to the people.
4. What has Uncle John been away mining?
5. In her reoccurring dream about the church, what does Julia dream hits the building?
(a) A bomb.
(b) A tornado.
(c) A wagon.
6. When Julia is fighting with the village children, where is Richard?
(a) At the parsonage.
(b) Taking a riding lesson.
(c) Watching from the shadows.
(d) Eating a piece of pie.
7. What impediment affects Matthew Merry?
(a) He stutters.
(b) He is blind.
(c) He is deaf.
(d) He is mute.
8. What do Celia and Julia rent from Mrs. Gibson?
(a) An apartment.
(b) A horse and buggy.
(c) A sewing machine.
(d) A motor car.
9. After Julia is given permission to take riding lessons, what happens to the horse?
(a) It goes missing in the night.
(b) It falls ill with a disease.
(c) Richard takes it to town and sells it.
(d) It's legs are slashed.
10. How do the villagers respond to Julia's warning about the church's destruction?
(a) They ignore her words completely.
(b) They laugh in her face.
(c) They believe her and act promptly against the destruction.
(d) They argue about whether they should believe a child.
11. In which of the following places has Julia NOT had an encounter with her Aunt Beatrice?
(a) While opening a gate.
(b) While working at the watering hole.
(c) While lying in her bed.
(d) While standing in a field.
12. Which holiday brings out gypsy dancers in the village?
(a) Valentine's Day.
(d) All Saints Day.
13. What is Marianne's social status?
(a) Lower than Julia's.
(b) There is no mention of Marianne's social ranking.
(c) Higher than Julia's.
(d) Equal to Julia's.
14. What is the first thing that Julia notices about the village children when she sees them for the first time?
(a) That they are malnourished.
(b) That they have finer clothes than she does.
(c) That they all seem to be overweight.
(d) That they are playing an exciting game.
15. How does Julia feel about having to visit Dr. Phillips?
(a) Julia knows that the doctor is her last hope for sanity.
(b) Julia hopes that the doctor can cure her of her visions.
(c) Julia is worried that the doctor will recommend surgery.
(d) Julia does not believe that a doctor is necessary.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Julia explain her gardening techniques?
2. After Julia continues to dream about her Aunt Beatrice, what conclusion does she reach?
3. Why is Julia tempted to bring the horse out of the stable?
4. What does James Fortescue think of Dr. Phillips?
5. As children, what did Julia and Robert promise to do?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)