|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Julia refer to as a "great lout"?
(a) Ralph's sister.
(b) Ralph's girlfriend.
(c) Ralph's mother.
(d) Ralph's cleaning woman.
2. To what city does Uncle John and Celia wish to send Julia to see a doctor?
3. As children, what did Julia and Robert promise to do?
(a) Stay best friends forever.
(b) Travel the world together.
(c) Marry each other one day.
(d) Move out of their hometown.
4. How does James respond to Julia's prophetic dreams?
(a) He teases her about them.
(b) He is terrified of them.
(c) He takes them as fact.
(d) He is amused by them.
5. Which character in the novel is put in charge of starting a school for the village children?
6. What terrible incident happens to the house that Julia was raised in as a child?
(a) It is swept up by a tornado.
(b) It is swept away by a monsoon.
(c) It is destroyed by a bomb.
(d) It is burned down.
7. Who catches Julia gardening and comments on her talent?
(a) Uncle John.
8. Which of the following characters does NOT encourage Julia to embrace her magical heritage?
9. In which country are there rebellions leading to beheadings, as mentioned in the novel?
10. What does Julia do with the extra trees from her orchard?
(a) She throws them away.
(b) She plants them by the sea side.
(c) She plants them in the village.
(d) She plants them in her small, personal garden.
11. Which of the following adjectives does Uncle John and Celia use to describe both Julia and Beatrice?
12. In Julia's reoccurring dream, what is the weather like?
(a) It is windy.
(b) It is raining.
(c) It is snowing.
(d) It is sunny.
13. After planning the crops for the year, how much of the harvest will be sold at a fair price to the villagers?
(a) None of the crops.
(b) A large percentage.
(c) A small percentage.
(d) All of the crops.
14. In which of the following places has Julia NOT had an encounter with her Aunt Beatrice?
(a) While working at the watering hole.
(b) While lying in her bed.
(c) While standing in a field.
(d) While opening a gate.
15. Who convinces Ralph to abide by Uncle John's new plan?
(b) Uncle John.
(c) The villagers.
Short Answer Questions
1. After discussing Richard's temper with Julia, what does Ralph call Richard?
2. In Julia's reoccurring dream, where are she and the baby headed?
3. Why does Uncle John think that it is necessary to change the way that the employees are paid?
4. How does Richard respond to Julia's news that she is being sent away.
5. After the dream comes true and Julia faints, where does she wake up?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)