|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Julia decide to name her new horse, gifted from Ralph?
(a) Magnolia Blossom.
(b) Ocean Wave.
(c) Green Leaf.
(d) Sea Mist.
2. After planning the crops for the year, how much of the harvest will be sold at a fair price to the villagers?
(a) None of the crops.
(b) All of the crops.
(c) A small percentage.
(d) A large percentage.
3. What do the village children dare Julia to steal from the parson's garden?
4. After leaving the village and meeting Dench, what does Ralph admit to Julia?
(a) That he and Beatrice were once lovers.
(b) That he has been stealing from her family.
(c) That he slashed the legs of Richard's horse.
(d) That he helped set fire to Wildacre.
5. Which of the following events does Julia NOT attend with Marianne?
(a) A tea party.
(b) A fashionable ball.
(c) A social party.
(d) Choir practice.
6. What is Uncle John's real profession?
(a) He is a lawyer.
(b) He is a blacksmith.
(c) He is a doctor.
(d) He is a writer.
7. What does Julia begin to dream about Ralph after their visit to the town?
(a) That she and Ralph are bank robbers.
(b) That she and Ralph are siblings.
(c) That she and Ralph are lovers.
(d) That she and Ralph are arch enemies.
8. How old was Julia when her father died?
9. What is Uncle John's plan to cut hourly wages from the Wideacre employees?
(a) To pay the workers in land.
(b) Not to pay the workers at all.
(c) To pay the workers in kind words.
(d) To pay the workers in profit share.
10. What does the doctor that Julia is being sent to specialize in?
(a) Speech disorders.
(b) Nervous disorders.
(c) Eating disorders.
(d) Vision disorders.
11. When Julia confronts Celia about her resemblance to Beatrice, how does Celia respond?
(a) That Julia and Beatrice are like twins.
(b) That Julia looks much different that Beatrice.
(c) That Beatrice was much more beautiful that Julia.
(d) That she doesn't remember what Beatrice looked like.
12. How was Julia's Aunt Beatrice killed?
(a) She was murdered.
(b) She had an incurable disease.
(c) She died in a car accident.
(d) She drown.
13. What color is the horse that Ralph brings for Julia?
14. What part of his body is Ralph Megson missing?
(a) His fingers.
(b) His eyes.
(c) His legs.
(d) His arms.
15. What does Uncle John give to Julia for her birthday on the day that he returns from the mines?
(a) A new gown.
(b) A feather pen.
(c) A new horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal attacks Richard in the barn?
2. In which of the following places has Julia NOT had an encounter with her Aunt Beatrice?
3. After the dream comes true and Julia faints, where does she wake up?
4. What is the weather like on the day that Julia is sent to plant the orchard?
5. What type of animal is Scheherazade?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)