|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives does Uncle John and Celia use to describe both Julia and Beatrice?
2. How does Ralph respond to Uncle John's plan when Richard presents it to him?
(a) He is excited.
(b) He is skeptical.
(c) He is saddened.
(d) He is outraged.
3. What is Ralph Megson famous for doing in the village?
(a) Singing songs on the street corners.
(b) Stealing money from the rich.
(c) Bringing food to the people.
(d) Preaching the Sunday mass.
4. As Julia explains it to Ralph, why doesn't she have a horse?
(a) Because she has an allergy to horse fur.
(b) Because her Uncle John hasn't found a proper horse for her yet.
(c) Because she is too terrified to learn to ride a horse.
(d) Because her Uncle John cannot afford another horse.
5. How does Julia introduce Dench to the new hire, Ralph?
(a) As "Pastor Robertson."
(b) As "Dench the Groom."
(c) As "Dan Taylor."
(d) As "My father."
6. After leaving the village and meeting Dench, what does Ralph admit to Julia?
(a) That he slashed the legs of Richard's horse.
(b) That he and Beatrice were once lovers.
(c) That he helped set fire to Wildacre.
(d) That he has been stealing from her family.
7. Why is Julia tempted to bring the horse out of the stable?
(a) Because the stable boy tricks her into riding the horse.
(b) Because she was given permission by Richard to ride the horse.
(c) Because it isn't getting enough exercise.
(d) Because she is jealous that only Richard may ride it.
8. What is the name of Richard's stable boy?
9. Which holiday brings out gypsy dancers in the village?
(a) All Saints Day.
(d) Valentine's Day.
10. After the dream comes true and Julia faints, where does she wake up?
(a) In the hospital.
(b) In an insane asylum.
(c) In her own bed.
(d) In the parsonage.
11. Which of the following characters have plans to become the next owner of the Wideacre estate?
(c) Matthew Merry.
12. What does Julia do with the extra trees from her orchard?
(a) She throws them away.
(b) She plants them in the village.
(c) She plants them in her small, personal garden.
(d) She plants them by the sea side.
13. What impediment affects Matthew Merry?
(a) He is blind.
(b) He is deaf.
(c) He stutters.
(d) He is mute.
14. Which of the following is a subject taught at the school for village children?
15. When Julia overhears Uncle John speaking to the woman from town, how many babies does the woman say that she has buried?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Julia's reoccurring dream, where are she and the baby headed?
2. When Julia confronts Celia about her resemblance to Beatrice, how does Celia respond?
3. Who convinces Julia that if she believes in her dream she must warn the villagers?
4. Who convinces Ralph to abide by Uncle John's new plan?
5. What color is the horse that Ralph brings for Julia?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)