|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Julia when her father died?
2. What do Celia and Julia rent from Mrs. Gibson?
(a) A horse and buggy.
(b) An apartment.
(c) A motor car.
(d) A sewing machine.
3. Which character in the novel is put in charge of starting a school for the village children?
4. Which of the following events does Julia NOT attend with Marianne?
(a) A fashionable ball.
(b) A tea party.
(c) A social party.
(d) Choir practice.
5. What part of his body is Ralph Megson missing?
(a) His legs.
(b) His fingers.
(c) His arms.
(d) His eyes.
6. How was Julia's Aunt Beatrice killed?
(a) She drown.
(b) She died in a car accident.
(c) She was murdered.
(d) She had an incurable disease.
7. What does Julia decide to name her new horse, gifted from Ralph?
(a) Ocean Wave.
(b) Magnolia Blossom.
(c) Green Leaf.
(d) Sea Mist.
8. Who convinces Ralph to abide by Uncle John's new plan?
(a) The villagers.
(c) Uncle John.
9. In Julia's reoccurring dream, where are she and the baby headed?
(a) To the doctor's office.
(b) To the church.
(c) To the cemetary.
(d) To the river.
10. What animal attacks Richard in the barn?
(a) A flock of sheep.
(b) A flock of chickens.
(c) A gaggle of geese.
(d) A herd of cows.
11. On what birthday does Julia begin to have dreams that she is Beatrice?
(a) On her 21st birthday.
(b) On her 18th birthday.
(c) On her 16th birthday.
(d) On her 10th birthday.
12. In which country are there rebellions leading to beheadings, as mentioned in the novel?
13. After planning the crops for the year, how much of the harvest will be sold at a fair price to the villagers?
(a) A small percentage.
(b) None of the crops.
(c) All of the crops.
(d) A large percentage.
14. In Julia's reoccurring dream, what is the weather like?
(a) It is raining.
(b) It is windy.
(c) It is snowing.
(d) It is sunny.
15. What is Ralph Megson's job?
(a) He is the overseer of the entire estate.
(b) He is the new gardner.
(c) He is the new stable manager.
(d) He is the new tutor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of animal is Scheherazade?
2. What impediment affects Matthew Merry?
3. Which of the following is a subject taught at the school for village children?
4. How does Julia explain her gardening techniques?
5. After the dream comes true and Julia faints, where does she wake up?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)