|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who convinces Julia that if she believes in her dream she must warn the villagers?
(d) Uncle John.
2. When Uncle John returns from the mines, what is he disappointed to see in Richard?
(a) A spoiled attitude.
(b) An unathletic physique.
(c) A lack of studious behavior.
(d) A slight stature.
3. How does Julia dream that the village will be destroyed?
(a) By a monsoon.
(b) By a fire.
(c) By an earthquake.
(d) By a tornado.
4. In what century was Julia born?
(a) In the 1700s.
(b) In the 1900s.
(c) In the 1600s.
(d) In the 1800s.
5. Who convinces Ralph to abide by Uncle John's new plan?
(b) The villagers.
(c) Uncle John.
6. What part of his body is Ralph Megson missing?
(a) His fingers.
(b) His eyes.
(c) His arms.
(d) His legs.
7. What is the weather like on the day that Julia is sent to plant the orchard?
(a) It is raining.
(b) It is sunny.
(c) It is snowing.
(d) It is windy.
8. What does Julia immediately realize about herself when she arrives in Bath?
(a) That she is high society in comparison to these people.
(b) That she is uneducated to the ways of these foreigners.
(c) That she is more educated that the doctor.
(d) That she is a country girl.
9. How does James respond to Julia's prophetic dreams?
(a) He teases her about them.
(b) He is terrified of them.
(c) He takes them as fact.
(d) He is amused by them.
10. What animal attacks Richard in the barn?
(a) A herd of cows.
(b) A flock of chickens.
(c) A gaggle of geese.
(d) A flock of sheep.
11. Which of the following adjectives does Uncle John and Celia use to describe both Julia and Beatrice?
12. What type of orchard is Julia in charge of building?
(a) An olive orchard.
(b) An almond orchard.
(c) An apple orchard.
(d) An orange orchard.
13. What do the village children dare Julia to steal from the parson's garden?
14. When Julia confronts Celia about her resemblance to Beatrice, how does Celia respond?
(a) That Julia and Beatrice are like twins.
(b) That Beatrice was much more beautiful that Julia.
(c) That she doesn't remember what Beatrice looked like.
(d) That Julia looks much different that Beatrice.
15. What does Julia begin to dream about Ralph after their visit to the town?
(a) That she and Ralph are lovers.
(b) That she and Ralph are siblings.
(c) That she and Ralph are arch enemies.
(d) That she and Ralph are bank robbers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters does NOT encourage Julia to embrace her magical heritage?
2. In Julia's reoccurring dream, what is the weather like?
3. How does Grandmamma Havering expect a wife to act to her husband?
4. How does Julia thank James for his words of kindness to her?
5. After the dream comes true and Julia faints, where does she wake up?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)