|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Julia refer to as a "great lout"?
(a) Ralph's sister.
(b) Ralph's girlfriend.
(c) Ralph's cleaning woman.
(d) Ralph's mother.
2. What is Marianne's social status?
(a) Higher than Julia's.
(b) Lower than Julia's.
(c) Equal to Julia's.
(d) There is no mention of Marianne's social ranking.
3. After discussing Richard's temper with Julia, what does Ralph call Richard?
(a) A dangerous boy.
(b) An evil demon.
(c) A spoiled child.
(d) A filthy rat.
4. What color is the horse that Ralph brings for Julia?
5. Why is Julia tempted to bring the horse out of the stable?
(a) Because the stable boy tricks her into riding the horse.
(b) Because she was given permission by Richard to ride the horse.
(c) Because she is jealous that only Richard may ride it.
(d) Because it isn't getting enough exercise.
6. What type of orchard is Julia in charge of building?
(a) An orange orchard.
(b) An olive orchard.
(c) An apple orchard.
(d) An almond orchard.
7. Which of the following characters does NOT encourage Julia to embrace her magical heritage?
8. Who decides to hire Ralph Megson?
(a) Celia Lacey.
(b) Uncle John.
(c) Richard McAdams.
(d) Julia Lacey.
9. Why does Uncle John think that it is necessary to change the way that the employees are paid?
(a) To ensure that the workers stop stealing from the fields.
(b) To ensure that the workers stay loyal to the Wideacre estate.
(c) To ensure that all the workers care about what is happening on the estate.
(d) To ensure that all the workers come into the fields on time.
10. What is Ralph Megson famous for doing in the village?
(a) Bringing food to the people.
(b) Stealing money from the rich.
(c) Singing songs on the street corners.
(d) Preaching the Sunday mass.
11. In Julia's reoccurring dream, what is the weather like?
(a) It is windy.
(b) It is sunny.
(c) It is raining.
(d) It is snowing.
12. In which of the following places has Julia NOT had an encounter with her Aunt Beatrice?
(a) While opening a gate.
(b) While lying in her bed.
(c) While standing in a field.
(d) While working at the watering hole.
13. After Julia continues to dream about her Aunt Beatrice, what conclusion does she reach?
(a) That Aunt Beatrice is really alive.
(b) That Aunt Beatrice is haunting her.
(c) That she and Beatrice are as one.
(d) That Aunt Beatrice is her mother.
14. How does Ralph respond to Uncle John's plan when Richard presents it to him?
(a) He is excited.
(b) He is saddened.
(c) He is skeptical.
(d) He is outraged.
15. On what birthday does Julia begin to have dreams that she is Beatrice?
(a) On her 10th birthday.
(b) On her 18th birthday.
(c) On her 21st birthday.
(d) On her 16th birthday.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Julia when her father died?
2. What musical instrument does Julia play so that she can accompany Richard's singing?
3. After Julia is given permission to take riding lessons, what happens to the horse?
4. What is Julia's relationship to James?
5. Which of the following adjectives does Uncle John and Celia use to describe both Julia and Beatrice?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)