|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of animal is Scheherazade?
(a) A horse.
(b) A dog.
(c) A bird.
(d) A cat.
2. What is Julia's relationship to James?
(a) They are betrothed.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) They are coworkers.
(d) They are enemies.
3. Where does Julia typically have her daydreams?
(a) While chewing on tobacco leaves.
(b) While wandering through Wideacre estates.
(c) While lying in her bed.
(d) While taking very hot baths.
4. After planning the crops for the year, how much of the harvest will be sold at a fair price to the villagers?
(a) All of the crops.
(b) A small percentage.
(c) None of the crops.
(d) A large percentage.
5. What has Uncle John been away mining?
6. When Julia overhears Uncle John speaking to the woman from town, how many babies does the woman say that she has buried?
7. When Julia is fighting with the village children, where is Richard?
(a) Watching from the shadows.
(b) Eating a piece of pie.
(c) Taking a riding lesson.
(d) At the parsonage.
8. What terrible incident happens to the house that Julia was raised in as a child?
(a) It is swept up by a tornado.
(b) It is swept away by a monsoon.
(c) It is destroyed by a bomb.
(d) It is burned down.
9. What rationalization does Julia give for the way that old people in the village greet her?
(a) That they are greeting her as Celia's daughter.
(b) That they don't recognize her face.
(c) That they are greeting Beatrice.
(d) That they are confused as to who she is.
10. On what birthday does Julia begin to have dreams that she is Beatrice?
(a) On her 21st birthday.
(b) On her 18th birthday.
(c) On her 10th birthday.
(d) On her 16th birthday.
11. What is the estate that Julia was raised on called?
12. What do the village children dare Julia to steal from the parson's garden?
13. What is Uncle John's plan to cut hourly wages from the Wideacre employees?
(a) Not to pay the workers at all.
(b) To pay the workers in kind words.
(c) To pay the workers in profit share.
(d) To pay the workers in land.
14. What does Julia do with the extra trees from her orchard?
(a) She throws them away.
(b) She plants them by the sea side.
(c) She plants them in the village.
(d) She plants them in her small, personal garden.
15. Who catches Julia gardening and comments on her talent?
(c) Uncle John.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does James suggest that Julia should elope with?
2. What impediment affects Matthew Merry?
3. Why does Uncle John think that it is necessary to change the way that the employees are paid?
4. As children, what did Julia and Robert promise to do?
5. How does Julia dream that the village will be destroyed?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)