|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Julia tempted to bring the horse out of the stable?
(a) Because it isn't getting enough exercise.
(b) Because the stable boy tricks her into riding the horse.
(c) Because she was given permission by Richard to ride the horse.
(d) Because she is jealous that only Richard may ride it.
2. In her reoccurring dream about the church, what does Julia dream hits the building?
(b) A tornado.
(c) A wagon.
(d) A bomb.
3. What is Ralph Megson's job?
(a) He is the new gardner.
(b) He is the new stable manager.
(c) He is the new tutor.
(d) He is the overseer of the entire estate.
4. What relation does Clary have to the accused Dench?
(a) She is his neice.
(b) She is his sister.
(c) She is his daughter.
(d) They have no relation.
5. Who decides to hire Ralph Megson?
(a) Richard McAdams.
(b) Julia Lacey.
(c) Uncle John.
(d) Celia Lacey.
6. Which of the following adjectives does Uncle John and Celia use to describe both Julia and Beatrice?
7. Why does Uncle John think that it is necessary to change the way that the employees are paid?
(a) To ensure that all the workers care about what is happening on the estate.
(b) To ensure that all the workers come into the fields on time.
(c) To ensure that the workers stay loyal to the Wideacre estate.
(d) To ensure that the workers stop stealing from the fields.
8. Which of the following events does Julia NOT attend with Marianne?
(a) A tea party.
(b) Choir practice.
(c) A fashionable ball.
(d) A social party.
9. What musical instrument does Julia play so that she can accompany Richard's singing?
(a) The piano.
(b) The cello.
(c) The guitar.
(d) The flute.
10. Which of the following is a subject taught at the school for village children?
11. Who convinces Julia that if she believes in her dream she must warn the villagers?
(c) Uncle John.
12. How does Ralph respond to Uncle John's plan when Richard presents it to him?
(a) He is excited.
(b) He is skeptical.
(c) He is outraged.
(d) He is saddened.
13. How does Grandmamma Havering expect a wife to act to her husband?
(a) She should live in fear of her huband's wrath.
(b) She should bow to her husband's requests.
(c) She should demand to be treated as an equal.
(d) She should treat her husband like a pig.
14. How does James respond to Julia's prophetic dreams?
(a) He teases her about them.
(b) He is terrified of them.
(c) He takes them as fact.
(d) He is amused by them.
15. What terrible incident happens to the house that Julia was raised in as a child?
(a) It is swept up by a tornado.
(b) It is destroyed by a bomb.
(c) It is swept away by a monsoon.
(d) It is burned down.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Julia when her father died?
2. To what city does Uncle John and Celia wish to send Julia to see a doctor?
3. What type of orchard is Julia in charge of building?
4. As children, what did Julia and Robert promise to do?
5. How does Julia feel about having to visit Dr. Phillips?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)