|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Uncle John returns from the mines, what is he disappointed to see in Richard?
(a) An unathletic physique.
(b) A spoiled attitude.
(c) A lack of studious behavior.
(d) A slight stature.
2. How does Julia introduce Dench to the new hire, Ralph?
(a) As "Dan Taylor."
(b) As "Dench the Groom."
(c) As "Pastor Robertson."
(d) As "My father."
3. In her reoccurring dream about the church, what does Julia dream hits the building?
(b) A wagon.
(c) A bomb.
(d) A tornado.
4. What is Uncle John's plan to cut hourly wages from the Wideacre employees?
(a) To pay the workers in land.
(b) Not to pay the workers at all.
(c) To pay the workers in profit share.
(d) To pay the workers in kind words.
5. What happens when Richard demands that Ralph be fired?
(a) Ralph punches Richard in the stomach.
(b) Ralph is fired.
(c) No one listens to Richard's whining.
(d) Julia comes to Ralph's defense.
6. What does James Fortescue think of Dr. Phillips?
(a) That he is a quack.
(b) That he is a decent man.
(c) That he is a drunk.
(d) That he is a brilliant doctor.
7. Who does Julia refer to as a "great lout"?
(a) Ralph's mother.
(b) Ralph's cleaning woman.
(c) Ralph's sister.
(d) Ralph's girlfriend.
8. After the dream comes true and Julia faints, where does she wake up?
(a) In the hospital.
(b) In her own bed.
(c) In the parsonage.
(d) In an insane asylum.
9. What is the name of Richard's stable boy?
10. What color is the horse that Ralph brings for Julia?
11. What does Julia immediately realize about herself when she arrives in Bath?
(a) That she is high society in comparison to these people.
(b) That she is more educated that the doctor.
(c) That she is uneducated to the ways of these foreigners.
(d) That she is a country girl.
12. After Julia is given permission to take riding lessons, what happens to the horse?
(a) It falls ill with a disease.
(b) Richard takes it to town and sells it.
(c) It goes missing in the night.
(d) It's legs are slashed.
13. How does Grandmamma Havering expect a wife to act to her husband?
(a) She should bow to her husband's requests.
(b) She should live in fear of her huband's wrath.
(c) She should demand to be treated as an equal.
(d) She should treat her husband like a pig.
14. How does James respond to Julia's prophetic dreams?
(a) He is terrified of them.
(b) He teases her about them.
(c) He is amused by them.
(d) He takes them as fact.
15. As children, what did Julia and Robert promise to do?
(a) Move out of their hometown.
(b) Travel the world together.
(c) Marry each other one day.
(d) Stay best friends forever.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of his body is Ralph Megson missing?
2. After Julia continues to dream about her Aunt Beatrice, what conclusion does she reach?
3. Which character in the novel is put in charge of starting a school for the village children?
4. What does Julia do with the extra trees from her orchard?
5. What is the estate that Julia was raised on called?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)