|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Julia is fighting with the village children, where is Richard?
(a) Taking a riding lesson.
(b) At the parsonage.
(c) Watching from the shadows.
(d) Eating a piece of pie.
2. Which of the following characters have plans to become the next owner of the Wideacre estate?
(a) Matthew Merry.
3. What animal attacks Richard in the barn?
(a) A flock of sheep.
(b) A herd of cows.
(c) A gaggle of geese.
(d) A flock of chickens.
4. Which of the following is a subject taught at the school for village children?
5. Who is Marianne Fortescue?
(a) A nurse that works in Dr. Phillips office.
(b) A patient of Dr. Phillips.
(c) A girl who teases Julia's clothing.
(d) A cleaning woman that attends to Julia's room.
6. How do the villagers respond to Julia's warning about the church's destruction?
(a) They argue about whether they should believe a child.
(b) They believe her and act promptly against the destruction.
(c) They laugh in her face.
(d) They ignore her words completely.
7. What impediment affects Matthew Merry?
(a) He stutters.
(b) He is deaf.
(c) He is blind.
(d) He is mute.
8. Why is Julia tempted to bring the horse out of the stable?
(a) Because she is jealous that only Richard may ride it.
(b) Because it isn't getting enough exercise.
(c) Because she was given permission by Richard to ride the horse.
(d) Because the stable boy tricks her into riding the horse.
9. How does Ralph respond to Uncle John's plan when Richard presents it to him?
(a) He is excited.
(b) He is saddened.
(c) He is skeptical.
(d) He is outraged.
10. After the dream comes true and Julia faints, where does she wake up?
(a) In the parsonage.
(b) In her own bed.
(c) In an insane asylum.
(d) In the hospital.
11. How does Julia refer to her cousin Richard?
(a) As her "small companion."
(b) As her "dunce relative."
(c) As her "dearest friend."
(d) As her "archenemy."
12. What does Uncle John give to Julia for her birthday on the day that he returns from the mines?
(a) A feather pen.
(c) A new gown.
(d) A new horse.
13. When Julia confronts Celia about her resemblance to Beatrice, how does Celia respond?
(a) That she doesn't remember what Beatrice looked like.
(b) That Julia looks much different that Beatrice.
(c) That Beatrice was much more beautiful that Julia.
(d) That Julia and Beatrice are like twins.
14. After leaving the village and meeting Dench, what does Ralph admit to Julia?
(a) That he slashed the legs of Richard's horse.
(b) That he helped set fire to Wildacre.
(c) That he has been stealing from her family.
(d) That he and Beatrice were once lovers.
15. What does Julia immediately realize about herself when she arrives in Bath?
(a) That she is a country girl.
(b) That she is high society in comparison to these people.
(c) That she is uneducated to the ways of these foreigners.
(d) That she is more educated that the doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. In her reoccurring dream about the church, what does Julia dream hits the building?
2. What terrible incident happens to the house that Julia was raised in as a child?
3. What musical instrument does Julia play so that she can accompany Richard's singing?
4. What type of animal is Scheherazade?
5. What rationalization does Julia give for the way that old people in the village greet her?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)