|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the weather like on the day that Julia is sent to plant the orchard?
(a) It is sunny.
(b) It is windy.
(c) It is raining.
(d) It is snowing.
2. Who convinces Ralph to abide by Uncle John's new plan?
(a) The villagers.
(c) Uncle John.
3. Which of the following characters have plans to become the next owner of the Wideacre estate?
(b) Matthew Merry.
4. Who catches Julia gardening and comments on her talent?
(d) Uncle John.
5. Who is Marianne Fortescue?
(a) A nurse that works in Dr. Phillips office.
(b) A girl who teases Julia's clothing.
(c) A patient of Dr. Phillips.
(d) A cleaning woman that attends to Julia's room.
6. Who convinces Julia that if she believes in her dream she must warn the villagers?
(a) Uncle John.
7. After discussing Richard's temper with Julia, what does Ralph call Richard?
(a) A dangerous boy.
(b) A filthy rat.
(c) An evil demon.
(d) A spoiled child.
8. How does Julia thank James for his words of kindness to her?
(a) With a kiss.
(b) With a hug.
(c) She never thanks him.
(d) With a handshake.
9. What musical instrument does Julia play so that she can accompany Richard's singing?
(a) The piano.
(b) The cello.
(c) The guitar.
(d) The flute.
10. How does Grandmamma Havering expect a wife to act to her husband?
(a) She should live in fear of her huband's wrath.
(b) She should treat her husband like a pig.
(c) She should demand to be treated as an equal.
(d) She should bow to her husband's requests.
11. Which holiday brings out gypsy dancers in the village?
(a) All Saints Day.
(d) Valentine's Day.
12. What terrible incident happens to the house that Julia was raised in as a child?
(a) It is swept away by a monsoon.
(b) It is swept up by a tornado.
(c) It is destroyed by a bomb.
(d) It is burned down.
13. How does Julia introduce Dench to the new hire, Ralph?
(a) As "Pastor Robertson."
(b) As "My father."
(c) As "Dan Taylor."
(d) As "Dench the Groom."
14. What rationalization does Julia give for the way that old people in the village greet her?
(a) That they are greeting Beatrice.
(b) That they are greeting her as Celia's daughter.
(c) That they don't recognize her face.
(d) That they are confused as to who she is.
15. After the dream comes true and Julia faints, where does she wake up?
(a) In the parsonage.
(b) In an insane asylum.
(c) In the hospital.
(d) In her own bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Uncle John returns from the mines, what is he disappointed to see in Richard?
2. In what century was Julia born?
3. What is Uncle John's real profession?
4. What is Julia's relationship to James?
5. How does Ralph respond to Uncle John's plan when Richard presents it to him?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)