Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After planning the crops for the year, how much of the harvest will be sold at a fair price to the villagers?
(a) A large percentage.
(b) A small percentage.
(c) All of the crops.
(d) None of the crops.
2. In what century was Julia born?
(a) In the 1600s.
(b) In the 1900s.
(c) In the 1700s.
(d) In the 1800s.
3. What does the doctor that Julia is being sent to specialize in?
(a) Eating disorders.
(b) Speech disorders.
(c) Nervous disorders.
(d) Vision disorders.
4. Which character in the novel is put in charge of starting a school for the village children?
5. After discussing Richard's temper with Julia, what does Ralph call Richard?
(a) An evil demon.
(b) A filthy rat.
(c) A dangerous boy.
(d) A spoiled child.
6. As children, what did Julia and Robert promise to do?
(a) Move out of their hometown.
(b) Stay best friends forever.
(c) Travel the world together.
(d) Marry each other one day.
7. What has Julia lost in the village, prompting her, Richard, and Ralph to go back searching for it?
(a) Her hat.
(b) Her glove.
(c) Her handkerchief
(d) Her parasol.
8. How old was Julia when her father died?
9. After Julia continues to dream about her Aunt Beatrice, what conclusion does she reach?
(a) That Aunt Beatrice is haunting her.
(b) That Aunt Beatrice is her mother.
(c) That she and Beatrice are as one.
(d) That Aunt Beatrice is really alive.
10. What relation does Clary have to the accused Dench?
(a) She is his daughter.
(b) They have no relation.
(c) She is his neice.
(d) She is his sister.
11. How does Julia refer to her cousin Richard?
(a) As her "archenemy."
(b) As her "dearest friend."
(c) As her "small companion."
(d) As her "dunce relative."
12. What is Marianne's social status?
(a) There is no mention of Marianne's social ranking.
(b) Higher than Julia's.
(c) Equal to Julia's.
(d) Lower than Julia's.
13. To what city does Uncle John and Celia wish to send Julia to see a doctor?
14. What is Uncle John's real profession?
(a) He is a lawyer.
(b) He is a writer.
(c) He is a doctor.
(d) He is a blacksmith.
15. Who does James suggest that Julia should elope with?
(a) Her cousin.
(b) Her stable boy.
(c) Her butler.
(d) Her gardner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Marianne Fortescue?
2. What rationalization does Julia give for the way that old people in the village greet her?
3. In Julia's reoccurring dream, what is the weather like?
4. Which of the following is a subject taught at the school for village children?
5. How does Julia explain her gardening techniques?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)