|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which of the following places has Julia NOT had an encounter with her Aunt Beatrice?
(a) While working at the watering hole.
(b) While opening a gate.
(c) While standing in a field.
(d) While lying in her bed.
2. What is Ralph Megson's job?
(a) He is the new stable manager.
(b) He is the new tutor.
(c) He is the new gardner.
(d) He is the overseer of the entire estate.
3. What does the doctor that Julia is being sent to specialize in?
(a) Vision disorders.
(b) Eating disorders.
(c) Nervous disorders.
(d) Speech disorders.
4. How does Richard respond to Julia's news that she is being sent away.
(a) He is excited by her leaving.
(b) He is enraged by her leaving.
(c) He is confused by her leaving.
(d) He is saddened by her leaving.
5. After discussing Richard's temper with Julia, what does Ralph call Richard?
(a) A filthy rat.
(b) A dangerous boy.
(c) A spoiled child.
(d) An evil demon.
6. What animal does Ralph regularly poach from the river?
7. What is the name of Richard's stable boy?
8. After Julia is given permission to take riding lessons, what happens to the horse?
(a) It falls ill with a disease.
(b) It's legs are slashed.
(c) It goes missing in the night.
(d) Richard takes it to town and sells it.
9. What is the first thing that Julia notices about the village children when she sees them for the first time?
(a) That they have finer clothes than she does.
(b) That they all seem to be overweight.
(c) That they are playing an exciting game.
(d) That they are malnourished.
10. What is Uncle John's real profession?
(a) He is a writer.
(b) He is a lawyer.
(c) He is a blacksmith.
(d) He is a doctor.
11. How does Julia thank James for his words of kindness to her?
(a) With a hug.
(b) She never thanks him.
(c) With a handshake.
(d) With a kiss.
12. After planning the crops for the year, how much of the harvest will be sold at a fair price to the villagers?
(a) All of the crops.
(b) A large percentage.
(c) A small percentage.
(d) None of the crops.
13. Which of the following is a subject taught at the school for village children?
14. What does Julia begin to dream about Ralph after their visit to the town?
(a) That she and Ralph are arch enemies.
(b) That she and Ralph are siblings.
(c) That she and Ralph are bank robbers.
(d) That she and Ralph are lovers.
15. How does Julia introduce Dench to the new hire, Ralph?
(a) As "Dan Taylor."
(b) As "Dench the Groom."
(c) As "My father."
(d) As "Pastor Robertson."
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal attacks Richard in the barn?
2. How do the villagers respond to Julia's warning about the church's destruction?
3. Which of the following adjectives does Uncle John and Celia use to describe both Julia and Beatrice?
4. What type of animal is Scheherazade?
5. What type of orchard is Julia in charge of building?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)