|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what century was Julia born?
(a) In the 1700s.
(b) In the 1900s.
(c) In the 1800s.
(d) In the 1600s.
2. What color is the horse that Ralph brings for Julia?
3. After Julia is given permission to take riding lessons, what happens to the horse?
(a) It goes missing in the night.
(b) It falls ill with a disease.
(c) Richard takes it to town and sells it.
(d) It's legs are slashed.
4. What type of orchard is Julia in charge of building?
(a) An almond orchard.
(b) An olive orchard.
(c) An apple orchard.
(d) An orange orchard.
5. In which of the following places has Julia NOT had an encounter with her Aunt Beatrice?
(a) While opening a gate.
(b) While working at the watering hole.
(c) While standing in a field.
(d) While lying in her bed.
6. What is Marianne's social status?
(a) Equal to Julia's.
(b) Higher than Julia's.
(c) There is no mention of Marianne's social ranking.
(d) Lower than Julia's.
7. To what city does Uncle John and Celia wish to send Julia to see a doctor?
8. How does Ralph respond to Uncle John's plan when Richard presents it to him?
(a) He is saddened.
(b) He is skeptical.
(c) He is outraged.
(d) He is excited.
9. Who convinces Julia that if she believes in her dream she must warn the villagers?
(c) Uncle John.
10. After the dream comes true and Julia faints, where does she wake up?
(a) In the parsonage.
(b) In an insane asylum.
(c) In her own bed.
(d) In the hospital.
11. How does Julia explain her gardening techniques?
(a) She says that she has spent many hours practicing her techniques.
(b) She says that she read about the techniques in textbooks.
(c) She says that the techniques come to her naturally.
(d) She says that she learned the techniques from the previous gardener.
12. On what birthday does Julia begin to have dreams that she is Beatrice?
(a) On her 21st birthday.
(b) On her 10th birthday.
(c) On her 16th birthday.
(d) On her 18th birthday.
13. What happens when Richard demands that Ralph be fired?
(a) Ralph punches Richard in the stomach.
(b) Ralph is fired.
(c) Julia comes to Ralph's defense.
(d) No one listens to Richard's whining.
14. How does Julia thank James for his words of kindness to her?
(a) With a kiss.
(b) She never thanks him.
(c) With a hug.
(d) With a handshake.
15. After leaving the village and meeting Dench, what does Ralph admit to Julia?
(a) That he and Beatrice were once lovers.
(b) That he slashed the legs of Richard's horse.
(c) That he helped set fire to Wildacre.
(d) That he has been stealing from her family.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Julia refer to her cousin Richard?
2. What terrible incident happens to the house that Julia was raised in as a child?
3. What is Ralph Megson famous for doing in the village?
4. What is the estate that Julia was raised on called?
5. In Julia's reoccurring dream, where are she and the baby headed?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)