|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Uncle John's plan to cut hourly wages from the Wideacre employees?
(a) To pay the workers in land.
(b) Not to pay the workers at all.
(c) To pay the workers in profit share.
(d) To pay the workers in kind words.
2. What is the estate that Julia was raised on called?
3. As children, what did Julia and Robert promise to do?
(a) Travel the world together.
(b) Move out of their hometown.
(c) Stay best friends forever.
(d) Marry each other one day.
4. After discussing Richard's temper with Julia, what does Ralph call Richard?
(a) A dangerous boy.
(b) An evil demon.
(c) A spoiled child.
(d) A filthy rat.
5. What happens when Richard demands that Ralph be fired?
(a) Ralph is fired.
(b) Ralph punches Richard in the stomach.
(c) No one listens to Richard's whining.
(d) Julia comes to Ralph's defense.
6. What type of orchard is Julia in charge of building?
(a) An olive orchard.
(b) An almond orchard.
(c) An apple orchard.
(d) An orange orchard.
7. After planning the crops for the year, how much of the harvest will be sold at a fair price to the villagers?
(a) A small percentage.
(b) None of the crops.
(c) All of the crops.
(d) A large percentage.
8. What has Uncle John been away mining?
9. When Julia is fighting with the village children, where is Richard?
(a) Watching from the shadows.
(b) Eating a piece of pie.
(c) At the parsonage.
(d) Taking a riding lesson.
10. What type of animal is Scheherazade?
(a) A dog.
(b) A cat.
(c) A horse.
(d) A bird.
11. How does Julia explain her gardening techniques?
(a) She says that she read about the techniques in textbooks.
(b) She says that she has spent many hours practicing her techniques.
(c) She says that she learned the techniques from the previous gardener.
(d) She says that the techniques come to her naturally.
12. How does Julia thank James for his words of kindness to her?
(a) With a hug.
(b) With a handshake.
(c) With a kiss.
(d) She never thanks him.
13. After Julia continues to dream about her Aunt Beatrice, what conclusion does she reach?
(a) That Aunt Beatrice is haunting her.
(b) That Aunt Beatrice is her mother.
(c) That she and Beatrice are as one.
(d) That Aunt Beatrice is really alive.
14. What does Julia begin to dream about Ralph after their visit to the town?
(a) That she and Ralph are arch enemies.
(b) That she and Ralph are lovers.
(c) That she and Ralph are siblings.
(d) That she and Ralph are bank robbers.
15. Who convinces Ralph to abide by Uncle John's new plan?
(a) The villagers.
(b) Uncle John.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Dench fired?
2. How does Julia dream that the village will be destroyed?
3. Which holiday brings out gypsy dancers in the village?
4. What does the doctor that Julia is being sent to specialize in?
5. How do the villagers respond to Julia's warning about the church's destruction?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)