|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does James Fortescue think of Dr. Phillips?
(a) That he is a quack.
(b) That he is a decent man.
(c) That he is a drunk.
(d) That he is a brilliant doctor.
2. What does Uncle John give to Julia for her birthday on the day that he returns from the mines?
(b) A feather pen.
(c) A new horse.
(d) A new gown.
3. What does Rosie Dench embroider?
4. How does Julia dream that the village will be destroyed?
(a) By a fire.
(b) By a tornado.
(c) By an earthquake.
(d) By a monsoon.
5. What type of animal is Scheherazade?
(a) A cat.
(b) A dog.
(c) A horse.
(d) A bird.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ralph respond to the way that Richard handles the bird?
2. What musical instrument does Julia play so that she can accompany Richard's singing?
3. Which of the following is a subject taught at the school for village children?
4. During the time that he has been away from Julia, where has James been?
5. How does James respond to Julia's prophetic dreams?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)