|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Julia leaves for Wideacre, what is her biggest fear about her relationship with James?
(a) That James will meet another woman.
(b) That the two will never be together.
(c) That Richard will not approve of their relationship.
(d) That she will no longer love James upon returning home.
2. How does Richard respond to Julia's engagement to James?
(a) He is excited.
(b) He is furious.
(c) He is saddened.
(d) He is anxious.
3. In what century was Julia born?
(a) In the 1700s.
(b) In the 1800s.
(c) In the 1900s.
(d) In the 1600s.
4. Why is Julia tempted to bring the horse out of the stable?
(a) Because she was given permission by Richard to ride the horse.
(b) Because she is jealous that only Richard may ride it.
(c) Because the stable boy tricks her into riding the horse.
(d) Because it isn't getting enough exercise.
5. Which of the following is NOT a characteristic that Julia sees in Richard's soul?
Short Answer Questions
1. In which of the following places has Julia NOT had an encounter with her Aunt Beatrice?
2. How does Julia dream that the village will be destroyed?
3. How does Julia feel after Richard states that he has a broken heart?
4. Why does Celia believe that everyone thinks Julia resembles Beatrice?
5. What does Julia immediately realize about herself when she arrives in Bath?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)