|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Uncle John returns from the mines, what is he disappointed to see in Richard?
(a) A spoiled attitude.
(b) A slight stature.
(c) A lack of studious behavior.
(d) An unathletic physique.
2. What rationalization does Julia give for the way that old people in the village greet her?
(a) That they are confused as to who she is.
(b) That they are greeting her as Celia's daughter.
(c) That they don't recognize her face.
(d) That they are greeting Beatrice.
3. What has Uncle John been away mining?
4. Who convinces Ralph to abide by Uncle John's new plan?
(b) The villagers.
(d) Uncle John.
5. In what century was Julia born?
(a) In the 1900s.
(b) In the 1800s.
(c) In the 1600s.
(d) In the 1700s.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Julia refer to her cousin Richard?
2. What happens when Richard demands that Ralph be fired?
3. When Julia overhears Uncle John speaking to the woman from town, how many babies does the woman say that she has buried?
4. What type of bird does Ralph keep as a pet?
5. After Julia continues to dream about her Aunt Beatrice, what conclusion does she reach?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)