|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ralph respond to Uncle John's plan when Richard presents it to him?
(a) He is skeptical.
(b) He is excited.
(c) He is outraged.
(d) He is saddened.
2. What happens when Richard demands that Ralph be fired?
(a) No one listens to Richard's whining.
(b) Ralph is fired.
(c) Julia comes to Ralph's defense.
(d) Ralph punches Richard in the stomach.
3. Where does Julia typically have her daydreams?
(a) While lying in her bed.
(b) While taking very hot baths.
(c) While wandering through Wideacre estates.
(d) While chewing on tobacco leaves.
4. How does James respond to Julia's prophetic dreams?
(a) He teases her about them.
(b) He is amused by them.
(c) He takes them as fact.
(d) He is terrified of them.
5. When Julia confronts Celia about her resemblance to Beatrice, how does Celia respond?
(a) That Julia looks much different that Beatrice.
(b) That she doesn't remember what Beatrice looked like.
(c) That Julia and Beatrice are like twins.
(d) That Beatrice was much more beautiful that Julia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Celia leave the party early, allowing James to escort Julia home?
2. When Uncle John returns from the mines, what is he disappointed to see in Richard?
3. What is the name of the linkboy that Julia and James meet leaving the party?
4. How does Julia dream that the village will be destroyed?
5. What is Ralph Megson famous for doing in the village?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)