|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Julia feel about having to visit Dr. Phillips?
(a) Julia is worried that the doctor will recommend surgery.
(b) Julia hopes that the doctor can cure her of her visions.
(c) Julia knows that the doctor is her last hope for sanity.
(d) Julia does not believe that a doctor is necessary.
2. On her way to visit the slave children in the hovel, what is Julia robbed of?
(a) Her hat.
(b) Her parasol.
(c) Her money.
(d) Her shoes.
3. What is the name of Richard's stable boy?
4. What rationalization does Julia give for the way that old people in the village greet her?
(a) That they are confused as to who she is.
(b) That they are greeting her as Celia's daughter.
(c) That they are greeting Beatrice.
(d) That they don't recognize her face.
5. Which character in the novel is put in charge of starting a school for the village children?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Uncle John give to Julia for her birthday on the day that he returns from the mines?
2. After discussing Richard's temper with Julia, what does Ralph call Richard?
3. What is the estate that Julia was raised on called?
4. Who convinces Julia that if she believes in her dream she must warn the villagers?
5. As Julia explains it to Ralph, why doesn't she have a horse?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)