|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What impediment affects Matthew Merry?
(a) He is mute.
(b) He is blind.
(c) He is deaf.
(d) He stutters.
2. What has Julia lost in the village, prompting her, Richard, and Ralph to go back searching for it?
(a) Her parasol.
(b) Her glove.
(c) Her handkerchief
(d) Her hat.
3. Why is Dench fired?
(a) For letting Julia ride the horse.
(b) For stealing linens from the Acre.
(c) For being drunk on the job.
(d) For breaking Celia's glass vase.
4. What is Uncle John's real profession?
(a) He is a doctor.
(b) He is a blacksmith.
(c) He is a lawyer.
(d) He is a writer.
5. After the dream comes true and Julia faints, where does she wake up?
(a) In the hospital.
(b) In the parsonage.
(c) In an insane asylum.
(d) In her own bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Julia continues to dream about her Aunt Beatrice, what conclusion does she reach?
2. Why is Julia tempted to bring the horse out of the stable?
3. After leaving the village and meeting Dench, what does Ralph admit to Julia?
4. What does Uncle John give to Julia for her birthday on the day that he returns from the mines?
5. What do the village children dare Julia to steal from the parson's garden?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)