|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Julia introduce Dench to the new hire, Ralph?
(a) As "Dan Taylor."
(b) As "Dench the Groom."
(c) As "Pastor Robertson."
(d) As "My father."
2. Why does Uncle John think that it is necessary to change the way that the employees are paid?
(a) To ensure that all the workers care about what is happening on the estate.
(b) To ensure that all the workers come into the fields on time.
(c) To ensure that the workers stop stealing from the fields.
(d) To ensure that the workers stay loyal to the Wideacre estate.
3. After discussing Richard's temper with Julia, what does Ralph call Richard?
(a) A filthy rat.
(b) A spoiled child.
(c) An evil demon.
(d) A dangerous boy.
4. What is Ralph Megson famous for doing in the village?
(a) Singing songs on the street corners.
(b) Bringing food to the people.
(c) Stealing money from the rich.
(d) Preaching the Sunday mass.
5. How does Julia refer to her cousin Richard?
(a) As her "dunce relative."
(b) As her "archenemy."
(c) As her "small companion."
(d) As her "dearest friend."
Short Answer Questions
1. After the dream comes true and Julia faints, where does she wake up?
2. When Uncle John returns from the mines, what is he disappointed to see in Richard?
3. In her reoccurring dream about the church, what does Julia dream hits the building?
4. How does Richard respond to Julia's news that she is being sent away.
5. What musical instrument does Julia play so that she can accompany Richard's singing?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)