|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing that Julia notices about the village children when she sees them for the first time?
(a) That they all seem to be overweight.
(b) That they have finer clothes than she does.
(c) That they are playing an exciting game.
(d) That they are malnourished.
2. What does Julia do with the extra trees from her orchard?
(a) She plants them by the sea side.
(b) She plants them in the village.
(c) She plants them in her small, personal garden.
(d) She throws them away.
3. What is the weather like on the day that Julia is sent to plant the orchard?
(a) It is windy.
(b) It is sunny.
(c) It is snowing.
(d) It is raining.
4. After leaving the village and meeting Dench, what does Ralph admit to Julia?
(a) That he and Beatrice were once lovers.
(b) That he helped set fire to Wildacre.
(c) That he has been stealing from her family.
(d) That he slashed the legs of Richard's horse.
5. What is the name of Richard's stable boy?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ralph Megson famous for doing in the village?
2. Which holiday brings out gypsy dancers in the village?
3. Which of the following characters have plans to become the next owner of the Wideacre estate?
4. How old was Julia when her father died?
5. After Julia is given permission to take riding lessons, what happens to the horse?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)