|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Grandmamma Havering expect a wife to act to her husband?
(a) She should bow to her husband's requests.
(b) She should live in fear of her huband's wrath.
(c) She should demand to be treated as an equal.
(d) She should treat her husband like a pig.
2. What does Uncle John give to Julia for her birthday on the day that he returns from the mines?
(a) A new gown.
(b) A feather pen.
(d) A new horse.
3. How old was Julia when her father died?
4. Which holiday brings out gypsy dancers in the village?
(a) All Saints Day.
(b) Valentine's Day.
5. How does Julia dream that the village will be destroyed?
(a) By an earthquake.
(b) By a fire.
(c) By a monsoon.
(d) By a tornado.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives does Uncle John and Celia use to describe both Julia and Beatrice?
2. In which of the following places has Julia NOT had an encounter with her Aunt Beatrice?
3. What does Julia begin to dream about Ralph after their visit to the town?
4. What has Uncle John been away mining?
5. After discussing Richard's temper with Julia, what does Ralph call Richard?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)