|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which holiday brings out gypsy dancers in the village?
(a) Valentine's Day.
(b) All Saints Day.
2. How does Richard respond to Julia's news that she is being sent away.
(a) He is confused by her leaving.
(b) He is enraged by her leaving.
(c) He is saddened by her leaving.
(d) He is excited by her leaving.
3. As children, what did Julia and Robert promise to do?
(a) Marry each other one day.
(b) Travel the world together.
(c) Move out of their hometown.
(d) Stay best friends forever.
4. What is Ralph Megson famous for doing in the village?
(a) Singing songs on the street corners.
(b) Stealing money from the rich.
(c) Bringing food to the people.
(d) Preaching the Sunday mass.
5. What rationalization does Julia give for the way that old people in the village greet her?
(a) That they are greeting Beatrice.
(b) That they don't recognize her face.
(c) That they are confused as to who she is.
(d) That they are greeting her as Celia's daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the villagers respond to Julia's warning about the church's destruction?
2. What impediment affects Matthew Merry?
3. Who catches Julia gardening and comments on her talent?
4. Who does Julia refer to as a "great lout"?
5. Who decides to hire Ralph Megson?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)