|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Uncle John's plan to cut hourly wages from the Wideacre employees?
(a) To pay the workers in kind words.
(b) To pay the workers in land.
(c) Not to pay the workers at all.
(d) To pay the workers in profit share.
2. Which character in the novel is put in charge of starting a school for the village children?
3. What part of his body is Ralph Megson missing?
(a) His eyes.
(b) His fingers.
(c) His legs.
(d) His arms.
4. After Julia is given permission to take riding lessons, what happens to the horse?
(a) It falls ill with a disease.
(b) Richard takes it to town and sells it.
(c) It goes missing in the night.
(d) It's legs are slashed.
5. When Julia overhears Uncle John speaking to the woman from town, how many babies does the woman say that she has buried?
Short Answer Questions
1. After discussing Richard's temper with Julia, what does Ralph call Richard?
2. After planning the crops for the year, how much of the harvest will be sold at a fair price to the villagers?
3. What do the village children dare Julia to steal from the parson's garden?
4. How does Grandmamma Havering expect a wife to act to her husband?
5. When Uncle John returns from the mines, what is he disappointed to see in Richard?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)