|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing that Julia notices about the village children when she sees them for the first time?
(a) That they are playing an exciting game.
(b) That they are malnourished.
(c) That they have finer clothes than she does.
(d) That they all seem to be overweight.
2. Which of the following characters have plans to become the next owner of the Wideacre estate?
(d) Matthew Merry.
3. How does Ralph respond to Uncle John's plan when Richard presents it to him?
(a) He is excited.
(b) He is saddened.
(c) He is outraged.
(d) He is skeptical.
4. What has Uncle John been away mining?
5. When Uncle John returns from the mines, what is he disappointed to see in Richard?
(a) A slight stature.
(b) A spoiled attitude.
(c) A lack of studious behavior.
(d) An unathletic physique.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Julia continues to dream about her Aunt Beatrice, what conclusion does she reach?
2. What happens when Richard demands that Ralph be fired?
3. How does Julia refer to her cousin Richard?
4. In which country are there rebellions leading to beheadings, as mentioned in the novel?
5. What musical instrument does Julia play so that she can accompany Richard's singing?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)