|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the village children dare Julia to steal from the parson's garden?
2. What type of animal is Scheherazade?
(a) A horse.
(b) A bird.
(c) A dog.
(d) A cat.
3. What is Uncle John's plan to cut hourly wages from the Wideacre employees?
(a) Not to pay the workers at all.
(b) To pay the workers in kind words.
(c) To pay the workers in land.
(d) To pay the workers in profit share.
4. What does Uncle John give to Julia for her birthday on the day that he returns from the mines?
(a) A new horse.
(b) A new gown.
(d) A feather pen.
5. How does Grandmamma Havering expect a wife to act to her husband?
(a) She should live in fear of her huband's wrath.
(b) She should bow to her husband's requests.
(c) She should demand to be treated as an equal.
(d) She should treat her husband like a pig.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the estate that Julia was raised on called?
2. As Julia explains it to Ralph, why doesn't she have a horse?
3. What is Ralph Megson's job?
4. What relation does Clary have to the accused Dench?
5. Which of the following characters have plans to become the next owner of the Wideacre estate?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)