|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Richard's stable boy?
2. What is the first thing that Julia notices about the village children when she sees them for the first time?
(a) That they are playing an exciting game.
(b) That they have finer clothes than she does.
(c) That they are malnourished.
(d) That they all seem to be overweight.
3. After Julia continues to dream about her Aunt Beatrice, what conclusion does she reach?
(a) That Aunt Beatrice is her mother.
(b) That she and Beatrice are as one.
(c) That Aunt Beatrice is really alive.
(d) That Aunt Beatrice is haunting her.
4. Why is Julia tempted to bring the horse out of the stable?
(a) Because she was given permission by Richard to ride the horse.
(b) Because it isn't getting enough exercise.
(c) Because the stable boy tricks her into riding the horse.
(d) Because she is jealous that only Richard may ride it.
5. What does Uncle John give to Julia for her birthday on the day that he returns from the mines?
(a) A feather pen.
(b) A new gown.
(c) A new horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Julia typically have her daydreams?
2. How does Ralph respond to Uncle John's plan when Richard presents it to him?
3. What relation does Clary have to the accused Dench?
4. What is Ralph Megson's job?
5. How does Julia refer to her cousin Richard?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)