|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who convinces Ralph to abide by Uncle John's new plan?
(a) Uncle John.
(c) The villagers.
2. What does Julia begin to dream about Ralph after their visit to the town?
(a) That she and Ralph are bank robbers.
(b) That she and Ralph are lovers.
(c) That she and Ralph are arch enemies.
(d) That she and Ralph are siblings.
3. Who decides to hire Ralph Megson?
(a) Celia Lacey.
(b) Richard McAdams.
(c) Uncle John.
(d) Julia Lacey.
4. Who does Julia refer to as a "great lout"?
(a) Ralph's sister.
(b) Ralph's mother.
(c) Ralph's girlfriend.
(d) Ralph's cleaning woman.
5. Why is Dench fired?
(a) For stealing linens from the Acre.
(b) For breaking Celia's glass vase.
(c) For letting Julia ride the horse.
(d) For being drunk on the job.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Uncle John returns from the mines, what is he disappointed to see in Richard?
2. When Julia confronts Celia about her resemblance to Beatrice, how does Celia respond?
3. In Julia's reoccurring dream, what is the weather like?
4. Who catches Julia gardening and comments on her talent?
5. What does Uncle John give to Julia for her birthday on the day that he returns from the mines?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)