|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Dench fired?
(a) For letting Julia ride the horse.
(b) For breaking Celia's glass vase.
(c) For being drunk on the job.
(d) For stealing linens from the Acre.
2. What has Uncle John been away mining?
3. Who decides to hire Ralph Megson?
(a) Celia Lacey.
(b) Uncle John.
(c) Julia Lacey.
(d) Richard McAdams.
4. Why does Uncle John think that it is necessary to change the way that the employees are paid?
(a) To ensure that all the workers come into the fields on time.
(b) To ensure that all the workers care about what is happening on the estate.
(c) To ensure that the workers stop stealing from the fields.
(d) To ensure that the workers stay loyal to the Wideacre estate.
5. What is Uncle John's plan to cut hourly wages from the Wideacre employees?
(a) To pay the workers in profit share.
(b) Not to pay the workers at all.
(c) To pay the workers in kind words.
(d) To pay the workers in land.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Julia lost in the village, prompting her, Richard, and Ralph to go back searching for it?
2. In what century was Julia born?
3. What do the village children dare Julia to steal from the parson's garden?
4. On what birthday does Julia begin to have dreams that she is Beatrice?
5. What type of animal is Scheherazade?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)