|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Julia explains it to Ralph, why doesn't she have a horse?
(a) Because she has an allergy to horse fur.
(b) Because her Uncle John hasn't found a proper horse for her yet.
(c) Because she is too terrified to learn to ride a horse.
(d) Because her Uncle John cannot afford another horse.
2. What is the name of Richard's stable boy?
3. After leaving the village and meeting Dench, what does Ralph admit to Julia?
(a) That he helped set fire to Wildacre.
(b) That he has been stealing from her family.
(c) That he slashed the legs of Richard's horse.
(d) That he and Beatrice were once lovers.
4. How does Julia introduce Dench to the new hire, Ralph?
(a) As "My father."
(b) As "Pastor Robertson."
(c) As "Dan Taylor."
(d) As "Dench the Groom."
5. What is the estate that Julia was raised on called?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Uncle John give to Julia for her birthday on the day that he returns from the mines?
2. How was Julia's Aunt Beatrice killed?
3. What has Julia lost in the village, prompting her, Richard, and Ralph to go back searching for it?
4. After Julia continues to dream about her Aunt Beatrice, what conclusion does she reach?
5. What part of his body is Ralph Megson missing?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)