|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Ralph regularly poach from the river?
2. What impediment affects Matthew Merry?
(a) He is blind.
(b) He is mute.
(c) He stutters.
(d) He is deaf.
3. What is Ralph Megson's job?
(a) He is the new gardner.
(b) He is the new tutor.
(c) He is the overseer of the entire estate.
(d) He is the new stable manager.
4. After Julia is given permission to take riding lessons, what happens to the horse?
(a) It's legs are slashed.
(b) Richard takes it to town and sells it.
(c) It goes missing in the night.
(d) It falls ill with a disease.
5. Why is Julia tempted to bring the horse out of the stable?
(a) Because the stable boy tricks her into riding the horse.
(b) Because she was given permission by Richard to ride the horse.
(c) Because she is jealous that only Richard may ride it.
(d) Because it isn't getting enough exercise.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Julia explains it to Ralph, why doesn't she have a horse?
2. What type of animal is Scheherazade?
3. How does Julia explain her gardening techniques?
4. How does Julia refer to her cousin Richard?
5. When Julia confronts Celia about her resemblance to Beatrice, how does Celia respond?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)