|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who convinces Ralph to abide by Uncle John's new plan?
(a) The villagers.
(b) Uncle John.
2. When Uncle John returns from the mines, what is he disappointed to see in Richard?
(a) A lack of studious behavior.
(b) A spoiled attitude.
(c) A slight stature.
(d) An unathletic physique.
3. How does Grandmamma Havering expect a wife to act to her husband?
(a) She should live in fear of her huband's wrath.
(b) She should bow to her husband's requests.
(c) She should treat her husband like a pig.
(d) She should demand to be treated as an equal.
4. How does Julia introduce Dench to the new hire, Ralph?
(a) As "Dench the Groom."
(b) As "Dan Taylor."
(c) As "My father."
(d) As "Pastor Robertson."
5. What is the name of Richard's stable boy?
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does Ralph regularly poach from the river?
2. Which of the following characters have plans to become the next owner of the Wideacre estate?
3. What is Uncle John's plan to cut hourly wages from the Wideacre employees?
4. How does Ralph respond to Uncle John's plan when Richard presents it to him?
5. How was Julia's Aunt Beatrice killed?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)