|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing that Julia notices about the village children when she sees them for the first time?
(a) That they all seem to be overweight.
(b) That they have finer clothes than she does.
(c) That they are malnourished.
(d) That they are playing an exciting game.
2. In Julia's reoccurring dream, where are she and the baby headed?
(a) To the cemetary.
(b) To the doctor's office.
(c) To the church.
(d) To the river.
3. How does Julia introduce Dench to the new hire, Ralph?
(a) As "My father."
(b) As "Pastor Robertson."
(c) As "Dan Taylor."
(d) As "Dench the Groom."
4. Who catches Julia gardening and comments on her talent?
(a) Uncle John.
5. What is Uncle John's plan to cut hourly wages from the Wideacre employees?
(a) To pay the workers in kind words.
(b) To pay the workers in land.
(c) To pay the workers in profit share.
(d) Not to pay the workers at all.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Grandmamma Havering expect a wife to act to her husband?
2. What has Julia lost in the village, prompting her, Richard, and Ralph to go back searching for it?
3. After Julia is given permission to take riding lessons, what happens to the horse?
4. Who does Julia refer to as a "great lout"?
5. Which of the following characters have plans to become the next owner of the Wideacre estate?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)