|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Dench fired?
(a) For being drunk on the job.
(b) For stealing linens from the Acre.
(c) For letting Julia ride the horse.
(d) For breaking Celia's glass vase.
2. In Julia's reoccurring dream, what is the weather like?
(a) It is snowing.
(b) It is raining.
(c) It is windy.
(d) It is sunny.
3. As Julia explains it to Ralph, why doesn't she have a horse?
(a) Because she has an allergy to horse fur.
(b) Because her Uncle John hasn't found a proper horse for her yet.
(c) Because her Uncle John cannot afford another horse.
(d) Because she is too terrified to learn to ride a horse.
4. Who decides to hire Ralph Megson?
(a) Richard McAdams.
(b) Uncle John.
(c) Julia Lacey.
(d) Celia Lacey.
5. What is the first thing that Julia notices about the village children when she sees them for the first time?
(a) That they all seem to be overweight.
(b) That they have finer clothes than she does.
(c) That they are playing an exciting game.
(d) That they are malnourished.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Uncle John been away mining?
2. As children, what did Julia and Robert promise to do?
3. In which country are there rebellions leading to beheadings, as mentioned in the novel?
4. What is Ralph Megson famous for doing in the village?
5. After leaving the village and meeting Dench, what does Ralph admit to Julia?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)