|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Ralph regularly poach from the river?
2. Why does Uncle John think that it is necessary to change the way that the employees are paid?
(a) To ensure that all the workers come into the fields on time.
(b) To ensure that the workers stay loyal to the Wideacre estate.
(c) To ensure that all the workers care about what is happening on the estate.
(d) To ensure that the workers stop stealing from the fields.
3. When Julia confronts Celia about her resemblance to Beatrice, how does Celia respond?
(a) That she doesn't remember what Beatrice looked like.
(b) That Julia and Beatrice are like twins.
(c) That Beatrice was much more beautiful that Julia.
(d) That Julia looks much different that Beatrice.
4. What part of his body is Ralph Megson missing?
(a) His eyes.
(b) His arms.
(c) His legs.
(d) His fingers.
5. What terrible incident happens to the house that Julia was raised in as a child?
(a) It is swept up by a tornado.
(b) It is swept away by a monsoon.
(c) It is burned down.
(d) It is destroyed by a bomb.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what birthday does Julia begin to have dreams that she is Beatrice?
2. How does Grandmamma Havering expect a wife to act to her husband?
3. When Uncle John returns from the mines, what is he disappointed to see in Richard?
4. In which country are there rebellions leading to beheadings, as mentioned in the novel?
5. In what century was Julia born?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)