|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what birthday does Julia begin to have dreams that she is Beatrice?
(a) On her 16th birthday.
(b) On her 10th birthday.
(c) On her 18th birthday.
(d) On her 21st birthday.
2. What does Uncle John give to Julia for her birthday on the day that he returns from the mines?
(a) A new horse.
(b) A new gown.
(c) A feather pen.
3. As Julia explains it to Ralph, why doesn't she have a horse?
(a) Because her Uncle John hasn't found a proper horse for her yet.
(b) Because she has an allergy to horse fur.
(c) Because she is too terrified to learn to ride a horse.
(d) Because her Uncle John cannot afford another horse.
4. Who does Julia refer to as a "great lout"?
(a) Ralph's sister.
(b) Ralph's girlfriend.
(c) Ralph's mother.
(d) Ralph's cleaning woman.
5. In which country are there rebellions leading to beheadings, as mentioned in the novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julia begin to dream about Ralph after their visit to the town?
2. What impediment affects Matthew Merry?
3. What has Julia lost in the village, prompting her, Richard, and Ralph to go back searching for it?
4. Who catches Julia gardening and comments on her talent?
5. How does Julia introduce Dench to the new hire, Ralph?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)