|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Julia's reoccurring dream, where are she and the baby headed?
(a) To the doctor's office.
(b) To the cemetary.
(c) To the church.
(d) To the river.
2. How does Julia explain her gardening techniques?
(a) She says that she learned the techniques from the previous gardener.
(b) She says that the techniques come to her naturally.
(c) She says that she has spent many hours practicing her techniques.
(d) She says that she read about the techniques in textbooks.
3. After leaving the village and meeting Dench, what does Ralph admit to Julia?
(a) That he slashed the legs of Richard's horse.
(b) That he has been stealing from her family.
(c) That he helped set fire to Wildacre.
(d) That he and Beatrice were once lovers.
4. Why does Uncle John think that it is necessary to change the way that the employees are paid?
(a) To ensure that the workers stay loyal to the Wideacre estate.
(b) To ensure that all the workers come into the fields on time.
(c) To ensure that the workers stop stealing from the fields.
(d) To ensure that all the workers care about what is happening on the estate.
5. What terrible incident happens to the house that Julia was raised in as a child?
(a) It is destroyed by a bomb.
(b) It is swept away by a monsoon.
(c) It is swept up by a tornado.
(d) It is burned down.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ralph respond to Uncle John's plan when Richard presents it to him?
2. What is the name of Richard's stable boy?
3. After Julia continues to dream about her Aunt Beatrice, what conclusion does she reach?
4. What has Uncle John been away mining?
5. How does Grandmamma Havering expect a wife to act to her husband?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)