|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Julia explains it to Ralph, why doesn't she have a horse?
(a) Because she has an allergy to horse fur.
(b) Because her Uncle John cannot afford another horse.
(c) Because her Uncle John hasn't found a proper horse for her yet.
(d) Because she is too terrified to learn to ride a horse.
2. What is Uncle John's plan to cut hourly wages from the Wideacre employees?
(a) To pay the workers in land.
(b) To pay the workers in kind words.
(c) Not to pay the workers at all.
(d) To pay the workers in profit share.
3. How old was Julia when her father died?
4. In what century was Julia born?
(a) In the 1800s.
(b) In the 1700s.
(c) In the 1600s.
(d) In the 1900s.
5. Which of the following characters have plans to become the next owner of the Wideacre estate?
(d) Matthew Merry.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Grandmamma Havering expect a wife to act to her husband?
2. When Julia confronts Celia about her resemblance to Beatrice, how does Celia respond?
3. What is the name of Richard's stable boy?
4. What happens when Richard demands that Ralph be fired?
5. What is Ralph Megson's job?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)