|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Richard's stable boy?
2. What is the estate that Julia was raised on called?
3. After Julia is given permission to take riding lessons, what happens to the horse?
(a) Richard takes it to town and sells it.
(b) It falls ill with a disease.
(c) It's legs are slashed.
(d) It goes missing in the night.
4. Who does Julia refer to as a "great lout"?
(a) Ralph's girlfriend.
(b) Ralph's sister.
(c) Ralph's mother.
(d) Ralph's cleaning woman.
5. How does Julia introduce Dench to the new hire, Ralph?
(a) As "Dan Taylor."
(b) As "Dench the Groom."
(c) As "Pastor Robertson."
(d) As "My father."
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Julia tempted to bring the horse out of the stable?
2. What is the first thing that Julia notices about the village children when she sees them for the first time?
3. In which country are there rebellions leading to beheadings, as mentioned in the novel?
4. How does Ralph respond to Uncle John's plan when Richard presents it to him?
5. How was Julia's Aunt Beatrice killed?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)