|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Julia typically have her daydreams?
(a) While taking very hot baths.
(b) While lying in her bed.
(c) While chewing on tobacco leaves.
(d) While wandering through Wideacre estates.
2. Why is Dench fired?
(a) For being drunk on the job.
(b) For breaking Celia's glass vase.
(c) For stealing linens from the Acre.
(d) For letting Julia ride the horse.
3. What is the first thing that Julia notices about the village children when she sees them for the first time?
(a) That they have finer clothes than she does.
(b) That they all seem to be overweight.
(c) That they are malnourished.
(d) That they are playing an exciting game.
4. What does Uncle John give to Julia for her birthday on the day that he returns from the mines?
(a) A feather pen.
(b) A new horse.
(c) A new gown.
5. What is the estate that Julia was raised on called?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Uncle John's plan to cut hourly wages from the Wideacre employees?
2. On what birthday does Julia begin to have dreams that she is Beatrice?
3. Who decides to hire Ralph Megson?
4. What is Ralph Megson's job?
5. What type of animal is Scheherazade?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)