|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Julia typically have her daydreams?
(a) While taking very hot baths.
(b) While chewing on tobacco leaves.
(c) While wandering through Wideacre estates.
(d) While lying in her bed.
2. Why is Dench fired?
(a) For stealing linens from the Acre.
(b) For letting Julia ride the horse.
(c) For being drunk on the job.
(d) For breaking Celia's glass vase.
3. On what birthday does Julia begin to have dreams that she is Beatrice?
(a) On her 10th birthday.
(b) On her 18th birthday.
(c) On her 16th birthday.
(d) On her 21st birthday.
4. What do the village children dare Julia to steal from the parson's garden?
5. How does Grandmamma Havering expect a wife to act to her husband?
(a) She should live in fear of her huband's wrath.
(b) She should demand to be treated as an equal.
(c) She should treat her husband like a pig.
(d) She should bow to her husband's requests.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Uncle John been away mining?
2. What musical instrument does Julia play so that she can accompany Richard's singing?
3. What terrible incident happens to the house that Julia was raised in as a child?
4. How was Julia's Aunt Beatrice killed?
5. After Julia continues to dream about her Aunt Beatrice, what conclusion does she reach?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)