|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Julia is given permission to take riding lessons, what happens to the horse?
(a) It falls ill with a disease.
(b) It goes missing in the night.
(c) Richard takes it to town and sells it.
(d) It's legs are slashed.
2. What type of animal is Scheherazade?
(a) A dog.
(b) A horse.
(c) A bird.
(d) A cat.
3. What is the name of Richard's stable boy?
4. What terrible incident happens to the house that Julia was raised in as a child?
(a) It is burned down.
(b) It is swept up by a tornado.
(c) It is destroyed by a bomb.
(d) It is swept away by a monsoon.
5. What musical instrument does Julia play so that she can accompany Richard's singing?
(a) The guitar.
(b) The cello.
(c) The piano.
(d) The flute.
Short Answer Questions
1. What relation does Clary have to the accused Dench?
2. When Uncle John returns from the mines, what is he disappointed to see in Richard?
3. What do the village children dare Julia to steal from the parson's garden?
4. What has Julia lost in the village, prompting her, Richard, and Ralph to go back searching for it?
5. In what century was Julia born?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)