|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Dench fired?
(a) For being drunk on the job.
(b) For breaking Celia's glass vase.
(c) For stealing linens from the Acre.
(d) For letting Julia ride the horse.
2. What musical instrument does Julia play so that she can accompany Richard's singing?
(a) The flute.
(b) The cello.
(c) The guitar.
(d) The piano.
3. What is Ralph Megson's job?
(a) He is the new stable manager.
(b) He is the new gardner.
(c) He is the new tutor.
(d) He is the overseer of the entire estate.
4. How does Grandmamma Havering expect a wife to act to her husband?
(a) She should bow to her husband's requests.
(b) She should treat her husband like a pig.
(c) She should demand to be treated as an equal.
(d) She should live in fear of her huband's wrath.
5. What happens when Richard demands that Ralph be fired?
(a) Ralph is fired.
(b) Julia comes to Ralph's defense.
(c) Ralph punches Richard in the stomach.
(d) No one listens to Richard's whining.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Julia introduce Dench to the new hire, Ralph?
2. In what century was Julia born?
3. What has Uncle John been away mining?
4. How does Julia refer to her cousin Richard?
5. How was Julia's Aunt Beatrice killed?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)