|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Julia when her father died?
2. What is the first thing that Julia notices about the village children when she sees them for the first time?
(a) That they are playing an exciting game.
(b) That they have finer clothes than she does.
(c) That they are malnourished.
(d) That they all seem to be overweight.
3. What does Uncle John give to Julia for her birthday on the day that he returns from the mines?
(b) A feather pen.
(c) A new gown.
(d) A new horse.
4. What impediment affects Matthew Merry?
(a) He is mute.
(b) He is blind.
(c) He stutters.
(d) He is deaf.
5. In Julia's reoccurring dream, what is the weather like?
(a) It is raining.
(b) It is snowing.
(c) It is windy.
(d) It is sunny.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what century was Julia born?
2. What musical instrument does Julia play so that she can accompany Richard's singing?
3. What do the village children dare Julia to steal from the parson's garden?
4. What relation does Clary have to the accused Dench?
5. What happens when Richard demands that Ralph be fired?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)