|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Julia is fighting with the village children, where is Richard?
(a) At the parsonage.
(b) Watching from the shadows.
(c) Eating a piece of pie.
(d) Taking a riding lesson.
2. How does Julia introduce Dench to the new hire, Ralph?
(a) As "Pastor Robertson."
(b) As "Dan Taylor."
(c) As "Dench the Groom."
(d) As "My father."
3. Why is Julia tempted to bring the horse out of the stable?
(a) Because she was given permission by Richard to ride the horse.
(b) Because she is jealous that only Richard may ride it.
(c) Because it isn't getting enough exercise.
(d) Because the stable boy tricks her into riding the horse.
4. After Julia continues to dream about her Aunt Beatrice, what conclusion does she reach?
(a) That Aunt Beatrice is her mother.
(b) That she and Beatrice are as one.
(c) That Aunt Beatrice is really alive.
(d) That Aunt Beatrice is haunting her.
5. What impediment affects Matthew Merry?
(a) He is mute.
(b) He is blind.
(c) He stutters.
(d) He is deaf.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Julia's Aunt Beatrice killed?
2. What has Uncle John been away mining?
3. After Julia is given permission to take riding lessons, what happens to the horse?
4. Who decides to hire Ralph Megson?
5. What is Ralph Megson famous for doing in the village?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)