|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Uncle John returns from the mines, what is he disappointed to see in Richard?
(a) A lack of studious behavior.
(b) An unathletic physique.
(c) A spoiled attitude.
(d) A slight stature.
2. What impediment affects Matthew Merry?
(a) He is mute.
(b) He stutters.
(c) He is deaf.
(d) He is blind.
3. What does Julia begin to dream about Ralph after their visit to the town?
(a) That she and Ralph are siblings.
(b) That she and Ralph are lovers.
(c) That she and Ralph are arch enemies.
(d) That she and Ralph are bank robbers.
4. What is Ralph Megson famous for doing in the village?
(a) Bringing food to the people.
(b) Stealing money from the rich.
(c) Singing songs on the street corners.
(d) Preaching the Sunday mass.
5. What is the name of Richard's stable boy?
Short Answer Questions
1. After leaving the village and meeting Dench, what does Ralph admit to Julia?
2. What has Uncle John been away mining?
3. When Julia is fighting with the village children, where is Richard?
4. In Julia's reoccurring dream, what is the weather like?
5. What terrible incident happens to the house that Julia was raised in as a child?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)