|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25 and 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to Julia's aid when arguing why she should return to Wideacre?
2. What does Richard admit to intercepting between James and Julia?
(a) Their money transfers.
(b) Their telephone calls.
(c) Their whispered conversations.
(d) Their letters.
3. Why is Julia tempted to bring the horse out of the stable?
(a) Because it isn't getting enough exercise.
(b) Because the stable boy tricks her into riding the horse.
(c) Because she is jealous that only Richard may ride it.
(d) Because she was given permission by Richard to ride the horse.
4. When Julia receives her first letter from James, what does it tell her?
(a) That he has met another woman.
(b) That he is moving away for school.
(c) That he is coming for a visit.
(d) That he is building the two of them a house.
5. What does Ralph predict will someday happen to the land of Wideacre?
(a) That the land will be destroyed by fire.
(b) That Julia will give it to the villagers.
(c) That the land will flourish under Julia's green thumb.
(d) That the villagers will overtake the land from her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Now that Julia is no longer a virgin, what does Richard say that she has no hope for?
2. What type of doll is presented to Julia after the race on reaping day?
3. After Julia is given permission to take riding lessons, what happens to the horse?
4. Which of the following is NOT a characteristic that Julia sees in Richard's soul?
5. In what century was Julia born?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)