|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25 and 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Julia state that she has called off her engagement to James?
(a) Because he has lost all his money gambling.
(b) Because she was never in love with him.
(c) Because he is constantly drunk.
(d) Because he has been unfaithful to her.
2. When Julia receives her first letter from James, what does it tell her?
(a) That he is coming for a visit.
(b) That he has met another woman.
(c) That he is moving away for school.
(d) That he is building the two of them a house.
3. As children, what did Julia and Robert promise to do?
(a) Move out of their hometown.
(b) Marry each other one day.
(c) Stay best friends forever.
(d) Travel the world together.
4. How does Julia explain away her swelling stomach?
(a) She says that she is "unable to process water."
(b) She says that she is "with child."
(c) She says that she is "full of undigested bread."
(d) She says that she is "welled up with magic."
5. How does Julia feel after Richard states that he has a broken heart?
(a) She is triumphant.
(b) She is confused.
(c) She is apathetic.
(d) She is saddened.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Julia tempted to bring the horse out of the stable?
2. Why does Uncle John think that it is necessary to change the way that the employees are paid?
3. What has Uncle John been away mining?
4. What happens to Matthew Merry after he is sent to prison?
5. After visiting the shopkeeper, what does James ask of Julia?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)