|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Richard demands that Ralph be fired?
(a) Ralph punches Richard in the stomach.
(b) Julia comes to Ralph's defense.
(c) No one listens to Richard's whining.
(d) Ralph is fired.
2. In Julia's reoccurring dream, where are she and the baby headed?
(a) To the doctor's office.
(b) To the cemetary.
(c) To the church.
(d) To the river.
3. When Uncle John returns from the mines, what is he disappointed to see in Richard?
(a) A spoiled attitude.
(b) A lack of studious behavior.
(c) An unathletic physique.
(d) A slight stature.
4. What terrible incident happens to the house that Julia was raised in as a child?
(a) It is swept away by a monsoon.
(b) It is destroyed by a bomb.
(c) It is burned down.
(d) It is swept up by a tornado.
5. Why is Julia tempted to bring the horse out of the stable?
(a) Because she is jealous that only Richard may ride it.
(b) Because it isn't getting enough exercise.
(c) Because she was given permission by Richard to ride the horse.
(d) Because the stable boy tricks her into riding the horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the estate that Julia was raised on called?
2. When Julia confronts Celia about her resemblance to Beatrice, how does Celia respond?
3. Where does Julia typically have her daydreams?
4. What is the first thing that Julia notices about the village children when she sees them for the first time?
5. What does Julia decide to name her new horse, gifted from Ralph?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)