|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Julia is fighting with the village children, where is Richard?
(a) Watching from the shadows.
(b) Taking a riding lesson.
(c) Eating a piece of pie.
(d) At the parsonage.
2. How does Ralph respond to Uncle John's plan when Richard presents it to him?
(a) He is excited.
(b) He is saddened.
(c) He is outraged.
(d) He is skeptical.
3. Who decides to hire Ralph Megson?
(a) Celia Lacey.
(b) Richard McAdams.
(c) Julia Lacey.
(d) Uncle John.
4. After Julia continues to dream about her Aunt Beatrice, what conclusion does she reach?
(a) That Aunt Beatrice is her mother.
(b) That Aunt Beatrice is really alive.
(c) That Aunt Beatrice is haunting her.
(d) That she and Beatrice are as one.
5. What happens when Richard demands that Ralph be fired?
(a) Julia comes to Ralph's defense.
(b) Ralph punches Richard in the stomach.
(c) No one listens to Richard's whining.
(d) Ralph is fired.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing that Julia notices about the village children when she sees them for the first time?
2. What is Uncle John's real profession?
3. Which of the following characters have plans to become the next owner of the Wideacre estate?
4. What part of his body is Ralph Megson missing?
5. When Uncle John returns from the mines, what is he disappointed to see in Richard?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)