|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Richard demands that Ralph be fired?
(a) Ralph is fired.
(b) Ralph punches Richard in the stomach.
(c) Julia comes to Ralph's defense.
(d) No one listens to Richard's whining.
2. As Julia explains it to Ralph, why doesn't she have a horse?
(a) Because she is too terrified to learn to ride a horse.
(b) Because her Uncle John cannot afford another horse.
(c) Because her Uncle John hasn't found a proper horse for her yet.
(d) Because she has an allergy to horse fur.
3. What has Julia lost in the village, prompting her, Richard, and Ralph to go back searching for it?
(a) Her glove.
(b) Her parasol.
(c) Her hat.
(d) Her handkerchief
4. Which character in the novel is put in charge of starting a school for the village children?
5. When Julia confronts Celia about her resemblance to Beatrice, how does Celia respond?
(a) That Beatrice was much more beautiful that Julia.
(b) That Julia and Beatrice are like twins.
(c) That Julia looks much different that Beatrice.
(d) That she doesn't remember what Beatrice looked like.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Julia refer to as a "great lout"?
2. How does Ralph respond to Uncle John's plan when Richard presents it to him?
3. Where does Julia typically have her daydreams?
4. How does Julia refer to her cousin Richard?
5. What has Uncle John been away mining?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)