|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character in the novel is put in charge of starting a school for the village children?
2. Where does Julia typically have her daydreams?
(a) While chewing on tobacco leaves.
(b) While taking very hot baths.
(c) While wandering through Wideacre estates.
(d) While lying in her bed.
3. Why is Julia tempted to bring the horse out of the stable?
(a) Because she is jealous that only Richard may ride it.
(b) Because she was given permission by Richard to ride the horse.
(c) Because it isn't getting enough exercise.
(d) Because the stable boy tricks her into riding the horse.
4. How does Julia refer to her cousin Richard?
(a) As her "dearest friend."
(b) As her "small companion."
(c) As her "dunce relative."
(d) As her "archenemy."
5. In what century was Julia born?
(a) In the 1600s.
(b) In the 1700s.
(c) In the 1900s.
(d) In the 1800s.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing that Julia notices about the village children when she sees them for the first time?
2. What happens when Richard demands that Ralph be fired?
3. What is the name of Richard's stable boy?
4. When Julia is fighting with the village children, where is Richard?
5. Why does Uncle John think that it is necessary to change the way that the employees are paid?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)