|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Julia tempted to bring the horse out of the stable?
(a) Because she is jealous that only Richard may ride it.
(b) Because the stable boy tricks her into riding the horse.
(c) Because she was given permission by Richard to ride the horse.
(d) Because it isn't getting enough exercise.
2. Which of the following is a subject taught at the school for village children?
3. Who catches Julia gardening and comments on her talent?
(a) Uncle John.
4. What is Uncle John's real profession?
(a) He is a writer.
(b) He is a lawyer.
(c) He is a blacksmith.
(d) He is a doctor.
5. What relation does Clary have to the accused Dench?
(a) They have no relation.
(b) She is his neice.
(c) She is his sister.
(d) She is his daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ralph respond to Uncle John's plan when Richard presents it to him?
2. What animal does Ralph regularly poach from the river?
3. What is the weather like on the day that Julia is sent to plant the orchard?
4. Where does Julia typically have her daydreams?
5. What does Julia do with the extra trees from her orchard?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)