|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Julia refer to as a "great lout"?
(a) Ralph's girlfriend.
(b) Ralph's mother.
(c) Ralph's sister.
(d) Ralph's cleaning woman.
2. What does Uncle John give to Julia for her birthday on the day that he returns from the mines?
(a) A new gown.
(c) A new horse.
(d) A feather pen.
3. What type of animal is Scheherazade?
(a) A bird.
(b) A horse.
(c) A cat.
(d) A dog.
4. How does Julia explain her gardening techniques?
(a) She says that she has spent many hours practicing her techniques.
(b) She says that she read about the techniques in textbooks.
(c) She says that the techniques come to her naturally.
(d) She says that she learned the techniques from the previous gardener.
5. What part of his body is Ralph Megson missing?
(a) His eyes.
(b) His arms.
(c) His fingers.
(d) His legs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the village children dare Julia to steal from the parson's garden?
2. In Julia's reoccurring dream, what is the weather like?
3. What color is the horse that Ralph brings for Julia?
4. In what century was Julia born?
5. After Julia is given permission to take riding lessons, what happens to the horse?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)