|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Julia tempted to bring the horse out of the stable?
(a) Because she is jealous that only Richard may ride it.
(b) Because the stable boy tricks her into riding the horse.
(c) Because it isn't getting enough exercise.
(d) Because she was given permission by Richard to ride the horse.
2. How does Julia explain her gardening techniques?
(a) She says that she learned the techniques from the previous gardener.
(b) She says that the techniques come to her naturally.
(c) She says that she read about the techniques in textbooks.
(d) She says that she has spent many hours practicing her techniques.
3. What is Uncle John's real profession?
(a) He is a lawyer.
(b) He is a writer.
(c) He is a doctor.
(d) He is a blacksmith.
4. What terrible incident happens to the house that Julia was raised in as a child?
(a) It is burned down.
(b) It is swept up by a tornado.
(c) It is swept away by a monsoon.
(d) It is destroyed by a bomb.
5. How does Julia refer to her cousin Richard?
(a) As her "archenemy."
(b) As her "dearest friend."
(c) As her "small companion."
(d) As her "dunce relative."
Short Answer Questions
1. When Julia confronts Celia about her resemblance to Beatrice, how does Celia respond?
2. When Julia is fighting with the village children, where is Richard?
3. What is the first thing that Julia notices about the village children when she sees them for the first time?
4. How was Julia's Aunt Beatrice killed?
5. Where does Julia typically have her daydreams?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)