|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Dench fired?
(a) For stealing linens from the Acre.
(b) For breaking Celia's glass vase.
(c) For letting Julia ride the horse.
(d) For being drunk on the job.
2. How does Julia refer to her cousin Richard?
(a) As her "dunce relative."
(b) As her "dearest friend."
(c) As her "small companion."
(d) As her "archenemy."
3. How does Grandmamma Havering expect a wife to act to her husband?
(a) She should demand to be treated as an equal.
(b) She should bow to her husband's requests.
(c) She should treat her husband like a pig.
(d) She should live in fear of her huband's wrath.
4. What is the estate that Julia was raised on called?
5. What is Uncle John's real profession?
(a) He is a doctor.
(b) He is a lawyer.
(c) He is a writer.
(d) He is a blacksmith.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Uncle John give to Julia for her birthday on the day that he returns from the mines?
2. Which of the following characters have plans to become the next owner of the Wideacre estate?
3. Who decides to hire Ralph Megson?
4. When Julia overhears Uncle John speaking to the woman from town, how many babies does the woman say that she has buried?
5. After leaving the village and meeting Dench, what does Ralph admit to Julia?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)