|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Julia tempted to bring the horse out of the stable?
(a) Because she was given permission by Richard to ride the horse.
(b) Because she is jealous that only Richard may ride it.
(c) Because it isn't getting enough exercise.
(d) Because the stable boy tricks her into riding the horse.
2. In Julia's reoccurring dream, where are she and the baby headed?
(a) To the church.
(b) To the river.
(c) To the doctor's office.
(d) To the cemetary.
3. What musical instrument does Julia play so that she can accompany Richard's singing?
(a) The cello.
(b) The piano.
(c) The guitar.
(d) The flute.
4. Who decides to hire Ralph Megson?
(a) Richard McAdams.
(b) Uncle John.
(c) Julia Lacey.
(d) Celia Lacey.
5. What does Uncle John give to Julia for her birthday on the day that he returns from the mines?
(a) A new gown.
(b) A feather pen.
(c) A new horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Julia confronts Celia about her resemblance to Beatrice, how does Celia respond?
2. What has Uncle John been away mining?
3. When Uncle John returns from the mines, what is he disappointed to see in Richard?
4. Which of the following characters have plans to become the next owner of the Wideacre estate?
5. What type of orchard is Julia in charge of building?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)