|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the estate that Julia was raised on called?
2. What animal does Ralph regularly poach from the river?
3. When Julia confronts Celia about her resemblance to Beatrice, how does Celia respond?
(a) That Beatrice was much more beautiful that Julia.
(b) That Julia looks much different that Beatrice.
(c) That she doesn't remember what Beatrice looked like.
(d) That Julia and Beatrice are like twins.
4. Who does Julia refer to as a "great lout"?
(a) Ralph's sister.
(b) Ralph's girlfriend.
(c) Ralph's mother.
(d) Ralph's cleaning woman.
5. After discussing Richard's temper with Julia, what does Ralph call Richard?
(a) A filthy rat.
(b) A spoiled child.
(c) An evil demon.
(d) A dangerous boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julia begin to dream about Ralph after their visit to the town?
2. How does Grandmamma Havering expect a wife to act to her husband?
3. What is Ralph Megson famous for doing in the village?
4. What does Uncle John give to Julia for her birthday on the day that he returns from the mines?
5. How was Julia's Aunt Beatrice killed?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)