|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Uncle John think that it is necessary to change the way that the employees are paid?
(a) To ensure that the workers stop stealing from the fields.
(b) To ensure that all the workers care about what is happening on the estate.
(c) To ensure that all the workers come into the fields on time.
(d) To ensure that the workers stay loyal to the Wideacre estate.
2. What color is the horse that Ralph brings for Julia?
3. What has Julia lost in the village, prompting her, Richard, and Ralph to go back searching for it?
(a) Her handkerchief
(b) Her hat.
(c) Her glove.
(d) Her parasol.
4. Who convinces Ralph to abide by Uncle John's new plan?
(c) The villagers.
(d) Uncle John.
5. What is Ralph Megson's job?
(a) He is the new gardner.
(b) He is the overseer of the entire estate.
(c) He is the new stable manager.
(d) He is the new tutor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does Ralph regularly poach from the river?
2. Where does Julia typically have her daydreams?
3. What musical instrument does Julia play so that she can accompany Richard's singing?
4. What type of orchard is Julia in charge of building?
5. What is Uncle John's real profession?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)