|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing that Julia notices about the village children when she sees them for the first time?
(a) That they all seem to be overweight.
(b) That they have finer clothes than she does.
(c) That they are playing an exciting game.
(d) That they are malnourished.
2. How was Julia's Aunt Beatrice killed?
(a) She was murdered.
(b) She drown.
(c) She had an incurable disease.
(d) She died in a car accident.
3. How does Ralph respond to Uncle John's plan when Richard presents it to him?
(a) He is excited.
(b) He is skeptical.
(c) He is saddened.
(d) He is outraged.
4. When Uncle John returns from the mines, what is he disappointed to see in Richard?
(a) An unathletic physique.
(b) A lack of studious behavior.
(c) A spoiled attitude.
(d) A slight stature.
5. Who does Julia refer to as a "great lout"?
(a) Ralph's sister.
(b) Ralph's cleaning woman.
(c) Ralph's mother.
(d) Ralph's girlfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Julia explains it to Ralph, why doesn't she have a horse?
2. Which of the following characters have plans to become the next owner of the Wideacre estate?
3. What does Julia decide to name her new horse, gifted from Ralph?
4. Who convinces Ralph to abide by Uncle John's new plan?
5. What is the name of Richard's stable boy?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)