|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Julia explains it to Ralph, why doesn't she have a horse?
(a) Because she has an allergy to horse fur.
(b) Because she is too terrified to learn to ride a horse.
(c) Because her Uncle John hasn't found a proper horse for her yet.
(d) Because her Uncle John cannot afford another horse.
2. How does Julia introduce Dench to the new hire, Ralph?
(a) As "Dench the Groom."
(b) As "Dan Taylor."
(c) As "Pastor Robertson."
(d) As "My father."
3. Who convinces Ralph to abide by Uncle John's new plan?
(b) The villagers.
(c) Uncle John.
4. How does Julia explain her gardening techniques?
(a) She says that she has spent many hours practicing her techniques.
(b) She says that the techniques come to her naturally.
(c) She says that she learned the techniques from the previous gardener.
(d) She says that she read about the techniques in textbooks.
5. When Julia is fighting with the village children, where is Richard?
(a) Watching from the shadows.
(b) At the parsonage.
(c) Eating a piece of pie.
(d) Taking a riding lesson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal attacks Richard in the barn?
2. How does Julia refer to her cousin Richard?
3. What does Uncle John give to Julia for her birthday on the day that he returns from the mines?
4. What type of animal is Scheherazade?
5. What do the village children dare Julia to steal from the parson's garden?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)