|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the horse that Ralph brings for Julia?
2. What musical instrument does Julia play so that she can accompany Richard's singing?
(a) The guitar.
(b) The cello.
(c) The flute.
(d) The piano.
3. What does Julia do with the extra trees from her orchard?
(a) She plants them by the sea side.
(b) She throws them away.
(c) She plants them in the village.
(d) She plants them in her small, personal garden.
4. In which country are there rebellions leading to beheadings, as mentioned in the novel?
5. Where does Julia typically have her daydreams?
(a) While taking very hot baths.
(b) While chewing on tobacco leaves.
(c) While lying in her bed.
(d) While wandering through Wideacre estates.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Julia confronts Celia about her resemblance to Beatrice, how does Celia respond?
2. What does Julia begin to dream about Ralph after their visit to the town?
3. What animal does Ralph regularly poach from the river?
4. When Uncle John returns from the mines, what is he disappointed to see in Richard?
5. In what century was Julia born?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)