|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Uncle John refer to Julia's visions?
(a) As "gifts."
(b) As "abnormalities."
(c) As "delusions."
(d) As "secrets."
2. What is the first thing that Julia notices about the village children when she sees them for the first time?
(a) That they are malnourished.
(b) That they all seem to be overweight.
(c) That they are playing an exciting game.
(d) That they have finer clothes than she does.
3. What do the village children dare Julia to steal from the parson's garden?
4. In which country are there rebellions leading to beheadings, as mentioned in the novel?
5. What crop does Julia sow in preparation for the harvest season?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Richard respond to Julia's engagement to James?
2. Who catches Julia gardening and comments on her talent?
3. When Richard visits Julia in the fields where she is sowing, how does Julia greet him?
4. What is Uncle John's plan to cut hourly wages from the Wideacre employees?
5. When Julia returns to Wideacre, what has Uncle John done to the dowry house?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)