|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After discussing Richard's temper with Julia, what does Ralph call Richard?
(a) A filthy rat.
(b) A dangerous boy.
(c) A spoiled child.
(d) An evil demon.
2. What does James Fortescue think of Dr. Phillips?
(a) That he is a drunk.
(b) That he is a quack.
(c) That he is a brilliant doctor.
(d) That he is a decent man.
3. Which of the following events does Julia NOT attend with Marianne?
(a) A social party.
(b) Choir practice.
(c) A fashionable ball.
(d) A tea party.
4. Why is Dench fired?
(a) For breaking Celia's glass vase.
(b) For letting Julia ride the horse.
(c) For being drunk on the job.
(d) For stealing linens from the Acre.
5. What do Celia and Julia rent from Mrs. Gibson?
(a) A horse and buggy.
(b) A motor car.
(c) A sewing machine.
(d) An apartment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character in the novel is put in charge of starting a school for the village children?
2. What color is the horse that Ralph brings for Julia?
3. What animal does Ralph regularly poach from the river?
4. What is the weather like on the day that Julia is sent to plant the orchard?
5. When Julia overhears Uncle John speaking to the woman from town, how many babies does the woman say that she has buried?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)