|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Julia explain her gardening techniques?
(a) She says that she read about the techniques in textbooks.
(b) She says that she learned the techniques from the previous gardener.
(c) She says that she has spent many hours practicing her techniques.
(d) She says that the techniques come to her naturally.
2. How does Uncle John respond to the news that Julia will be coming home from Dr. Phillips?
(a) He is elated.
(b) He is apathetic.
(c) He is anxious.
(d) He is disappointed.
3. Which of the following characters have plans to become the next owner of the Wideacre estate?
(a) Matthew Merry.
4. How does Richard respond to Julia's engagement to James?
(a) He is anxious.
(b) He is saddened.
(c) He is furious.
(d) He is excited.
5. When Julia confronts Celia about her resemblance to Beatrice, how does Celia respond?
(a) That Julia and Beatrice are like twins.
(b) That Beatrice was much more beautiful that Julia.
(c) That Julia looks much different that Beatrice.
(d) That she doesn't remember what Beatrice looked like.
Short Answer Questions
1. What impediment affects Matthew Merry?
2. What animal attacks Richard in the barn?
3. In which country are there rebellions leading to beheadings, as mentioned in the novel?
4. Which of the following events does Julia NOT attend with Marianne?
5. What is Uncle John's plan to cut hourly wages from the Wideacre employees?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)