|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Julia is fighting with the village children, where is Richard?
(a) Taking a riding lesson.
(b) Eating a piece of pie.
(c) Watching from the shadows.
(d) At the parsonage.
2. What does Uncle John give to Julia for her birthday on the day that he returns from the mines?
(b) A new gown.
(c) A feather pen.
(d) A new horse.
3. What relation does Clary have to the accused Dench?
(a) She is his daughter.
(b) She is his sister.
(c) She is his neice.
(d) They have no relation.
4. What is Uncle John's real profession?
(a) He is a writer.
(b) He is a blacksmith.
(c) He is a doctor.
(d) He is a lawyer.
5. What type of orchard is Julia in charge of building?
(a) An orange orchard.
(b) An olive orchard.
(c) An apple orchard.
(d) An almond orchard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Dench fired?
2. What is Marianne's social status?
3. What is the weather like on the day that Julia is sent to plant the orchard?
4. Why is Julia tempted to bring the horse out of the stable?
5. What does Ralph predict will someday happen to the land of Wideacre?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)