|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character in the novel is put in charge of starting a school for the village children?
2. How does Julia explain her gardening techniques?
(a) She says that she has spent many hours practicing her techniques.
(b) She says that she read about the techniques in textbooks.
(c) She says that she learned the techniques from the previous gardener.
(d) She says that the techniques come to her naturally.
3. What is the weather like on the day that Julia is sent to plant the orchard?
(a) It is raining.
(b) It is windy.
(c) It is snowing.
(d) It is sunny.
4. How does Uncle John refer to Julia's visions?
(a) As "gifts."
(b) As "secrets."
(c) As "abnormalities."
(d) As "delusions."
5. In which country are there rebellions leading to beheadings, as mentioned in the novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Julia returns to Wideacre, what has Uncle John done to the dowry house?
2. What is Uncle John's plan to cut hourly wages from the Wideacre employees?
3. What color is the horse that Ralph brings for Julia?
4. Which of the following events does Julia NOT attend with Marianne?
5. What do Celia and Julia rent from Mrs. Gibson?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)