|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Julia explain her gardening techniques?
(a) She says that she learned the techniques from the previous gardener.
(b) She says that the techniques come to her naturally.
(c) She says that she has spent many hours practicing her techniques.
(d) She says that she read about the techniques in textbooks.
2. After discussing Richard's temper with Julia, what does Ralph call Richard?
(a) A dangerous boy.
(b) A spoiled child.
(c) An evil demon.
(d) A filthy rat.
3. Who convinces Ralph to abide by Uncle John's new plan?
(c) The villagers.
(d) Uncle John.
4. What type of orchard is Julia in charge of building?
(a) An olive orchard.
(b) An orange orchard.
(c) An almond orchard.
(d) An apple orchard.
5. What is the weather like on the day that Julia is sent to plant the orchard?
(a) It is raining.
(b) It is snowing.
(c) It is sunny.
(d) It is windy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to Julia's aid when arguing why she should return to Wideacre?
2. What do Celia and Julia rent from Mrs. Gibson?
3. When Julia returns to Wideacre, what has Uncle John done to the dowry house?
4. Which of the following events does Julia NOT attend with Marianne?
5. What is Julia's relationship to James?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)