|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What relation does Clary have to the accused Dench?
(a) She is his sister.
(b) They have no relation.
(c) She is his neice.
(d) She is his daughter.
2. What is Julia's relationship to James?
(a) They are enemies.
(b) They are betrothed.
(c) They are coworkers.
(d) They are cousins.
3. Which of the following characters does NOT encourage Julia to embrace her magical heritage?
4. What animal attacks Richard in the barn?
(a) A gaggle of geese.
(b) A herd of cows.
(c) A flock of sheep.
(d) A flock of chickens.
5. What is Uncle John's real profession?
(a) He is a blacksmith.
(b) He is a doctor.
(c) He is a writer.
(d) He is a lawyer.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Julia overhears Uncle John speaking to the woman from town, how many babies does the woman say that she has buried?
2. When Julia is fighting with the village children, where is Richard?
3. What does James Fortescue think of Dr. Phillips?
4. What is Marianne's social status?
5. When Richard visits Julia in the fields where she is sowing, how does Julia greet him?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)