|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of orchard is Julia in charge of building?
(a) An apple orchard.
(b) An olive orchard.
(c) An almond orchard.
(d) An orange orchard.
2. How does Uncle John respond to the news that Julia will be coming home from Dr. Phillips?
(a) He is anxious.
(b) He is disappointed.
(c) He is apathetic.
(d) He is elated.
3. How does Julia explain her gardening techniques?
(a) She says that she read about the techniques in textbooks.
(b) She says that the techniques come to her naturally.
(c) She says that she has spent many hours practicing her techniques.
(d) She says that she learned the techniques from the previous gardener.
4. Who comes to Julia's aid when arguing why she should return to Wideacre?
5. What impediment affects Matthew Merry?
(a) He is mute.
(b) He is blind.
(c) He is deaf.
(d) He stutters.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Richard visits Julia in the fields where she is sowing, how does Julia greet him?
2. What crop does Julia sow in preparation for the harvest season?
3. What does James Fortescue think of Dr. Phillips?
4. How does Uncle John refer to Julia's visions?
5. After discussing Richard's temper with Julia, what does Ralph call Richard?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)