|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Julia explains it to Ralph, why doesn't she have a horse?
(a) Because she is too terrified to learn to ride a horse.
(b) Because her Uncle John hasn't found a proper horse for her yet.
(c) Because her Uncle John cannot afford another horse.
(d) Because she has an allergy to horse fur.
2. Which character in the novel is put in charge of starting a school for the village children?
3. What is Uncle John's plan to cut hourly wages from the Wideacre employees?
(a) To pay the workers in land.
(b) To pay the workers in profit share.
(c) To pay the workers in kind words.
(d) Not to pay the workers at all.
4. How does Uncle John respond to the news that Julia will be coming home from Dr. Phillips?
(a) He is anxious.
(b) He is apathetic.
(c) He is disappointed.
(d) He is elated.
5. Who catches Julia gardening and comments on her talent?
(d) Uncle John.
Short Answer Questions
1. How quickly is Julia revisited by Beatrice upon returning to Wideacre?
2. When Julia is fighting with the village children, where is Richard?
3. What is the name of Richard's stable boy?
4. Who comes to Julia's aid when arguing why she should return to Wideacre?
5. What does James Fortescue think of Dr. Phillips?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)