|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Julia explains it to Ralph, why doesn't she have a horse?
(a) Because she is too terrified to learn to ride a horse.
(b) Because her Uncle John cannot afford another horse.
(c) Because her Uncle John hasn't found a proper horse for her yet.
(d) Because she has an allergy to horse fur.
2. How quickly is Julia revisited by Beatrice upon returning to Wideacre?
(a) Within the first week of returning.
(b) Immediately after stepping foot on the property.
(c) Within the first day of returning.
(d) She isn't visited by Beatrice at all.
3. What is Marianne's social status?
(a) There is no mention of Marianne's social ranking.
(b) Higher than Julia's.
(c) Equal to Julia's.
(d) Lower than Julia's.
4. How does Julia feel about having to visit Dr. Phillips?
(a) Julia hopes that the doctor can cure her of her visions.
(b) Julia knows that the doctor is her last hope for sanity.
(c) Julia does not believe that a doctor is necessary.
(d) Julia is worried that the doctor will recommend surgery.
5. After discussing Richard's temper with Julia, what does Ralph call Richard?
(a) An evil demon.
(b) A dangerous boy.
(c) A filthy rat.
(d) A spoiled child.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Julia overhears Uncle John speaking to the woman from town, how many babies does the woman say that she has buried?
2. When Julia confronts Celia about her resemblance to Beatrice, how does Celia respond?
3. What does Julia do with the extra trees from her orchard?
4. Why is Julia tempted to bring the horse out of the stable?
5. What animal attacks Richard in the barn?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)