|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Julia confronts Celia about her resemblance to Beatrice, how does Celia respond?
(a) That she doesn't remember what Beatrice looked like.
(b) That Beatrice was much more beautiful that Julia.
(c) That Julia and Beatrice are like twins.
(d) That Julia looks much different that Beatrice.
2. Which character in the novel is put in charge of starting a school for the village children?
3. On what birthday does Julia begin to have dreams that she is Beatrice?
(a) On her 21st birthday.
(b) On her 10th birthday.
(c) On her 18th birthday.
(d) On her 16th birthday.
4. Who does Julia refer to as a "great lout"?
(a) Ralph's sister.
(b) Ralph's girlfriend.
(c) Ralph's cleaning woman.
(d) Ralph's mother.
5. What relation does Clary have to the accused Dench?
(a) She is his daughter.
(b) She is his sister.
(c) She is his neice.
(d) They have no relation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Uncle John been away mining?
2. After Julia is given permission to take riding lessons, what happens to the horse?
3. What do the village children dare Julia to steal from the parson's garden?
4. What does Julia decide to name her new horse, gifted from Ralph?
5. What animal does Ralph regularly poach from the river?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)