|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Julia returns to Wideacre, what has Uncle John done to the dowry house?
(a) Completely redecorated it.
(b) Locked the doors with large chains.
(c) Transformed it into a livestock shed.
(d) Burned it to the ground.
2. What impediment affects Matthew Merry?
(a) He stutters.
(b) He is mute.
(c) He is blind.
(d) He is deaf.
3. In which country are there rebellions leading to beheadings, as mentioned in the novel?
4. What type of orchard is Julia in charge of building?
(a) An apple orchard.
(b) An olive orchard.
(c) An orange orchard.
(d) An almond orchard.
5. Who does James suggest that Julia should elope with?
(a) Her gardner.
(b) Her cousin.
(c) Her butler.
(d) Her stable boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what birthday does Julia begin to have dreams that she is Beatrice?
2. When Julia overhears Uncle John speaking to the woman from town, how many babies does the woman say that she has buried?
3. What does Julia decide to name her new horse, gifted from Ralph?
4. When Richard visits Julia in the fields where she is sowing, how does Julia greet him?
5. How does Uncle John respond to the news that Julia will be coming home from Dr. Phillips?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)