Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who opposes refunding Jackson's fine and publishes a pamphlet about martial law threatening slavery?
2. To which military and political leader does James Bryce liken President Lincoln?
3. Who is the presidential nominee for the Democratic party in 1864?
4. Which state has the most military trials?
5. What is the significance of Ex parte Milligan?
What role does Great Britain play in the American Civil War? How do Confederates use international law and their relationship with Great Britain to their advantage? Why is the Union cautious about offending Britain?
Discuss the rise and use of military commissions during the Civil War. What guidelines exist for Union Generals in reference to the arrest and trial of civilians? How do military commissions benefit the Union and what abuses are reported?
Describe how the arrest and trial of Clement L. Vallandingham affects any bipartisan efforts between the Democratic and Republican parties. How does Vallandingham's arrest affect the publicity of the suspension of the writ of habeas corpus? How does Vallandingham's arrest affect Congress?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)