Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who opposes refunding Jackson's fine and publishes a pamphlet about martial law threatening slavery?
2. To which military and political leader does James Bryce liken President Lincoln?
3. Who is the presidential nominee for the Democratic party in 1864?
4. Which state has the most military trials?
5. What is the significance of Ex parte Milligan?
Essay Topic 1
What role does Great Britain play in the American Civil War? How do Confederates use international law and their relationship with Great Britain to their advantage? Why is the Union cautious about offending Britain?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the purpose and implementation of the Militia Act of 1862. How do a majority of Northern citizens react to the Act? What reasons are commonly given for draft evasion? How does the Union Army balance the retrieval of draft dodgers and deserters with the protection of commerce?
Essay Topic 3
Describe reports of abuse among Union officials and their affect on the American people. How does the Pohick incident reflect on the Union Army? What differing opinions exist about the use of torture and how could reports of abuse and torture affect the reunification of the states?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)