|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Lincoln, whom does the constitution give the power to declare war?
2. According to Lincoln, what act did President Jefferson commit without having the constitutional power to do so?
3. In Chapter 7, which great blockade running port is the last to fall?
4. As a congressman in 1848, why doesn't Lincoln want to wait for a constitutional amendment?
5. According to the laws of war, what happens to neutral crewmen when a neutral ship is confiscated?
Essay Topic 1
Why does Lincoln feel it necessary to suspend the writ of habeas corpus? What are the positive and negative affects of the writ's suspension? According to historians, how might the precedents set by the suspension of the writ affect the future of American warfare policy?
Essay Topic 2
Describe how fraud affects the Lincoln administration during the Civil War. What actions does Lincoln take to prevent fraud within the government? How does fraud affect the progress of the Union Army during the war?
Essay Topic 3
How do Lincoln's experiences before the Civil War affect his policies during the Civil War? How are Lincoln's views on civil liberties and slavery shaped? What aspects of his policies change during his administration and what affects those changes in policy?
This section contains 1,052 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)