Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who opposes refunding Jackson's fine and publishes a pamphlet about martial law threatening slavery?
2. To which military and political leader does James Bryce liken President Lincoln?
3. Who is the presidential nominee for the Democratic party in 1864?
4. Which state has the most military trials?
5. What is the significance of Ex parte Milligan?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the purpose and implementation of the Militia Act of 1862. How do a majority of Northern citizens react to the Act? What reasons are commonly given for draft evasion? How does the Union Army balance the retrieval of draft dodgers and deserters with the protection of commerce?
Essay Topic 2
What impact does Ex parte Milligan have on Lincoln's administration? What is the political significance of the case for all American civilians? How does the case affect reconstruction in the South?
Essay Topic 3
Describe how fraud affects the Lincoln administration during the Civil War. What actions does Lincoln take to prevent fraud within the government? How does fraud affect the progress of the Union Army during the war?
This section contains 989 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)