|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which General orders all blockade runners released in 1864?
(a) William T. Sherman.
(b) Ulysses S. Grant.
(c) Edward Bates.
(d) John A. Dix.
2. What is the Old Capitol prison?
(a) A prison for Union deserters.
(b) A prison for spies and murderers.
(c) A prison for captured Confederates and civilian political prisoners.
(d) A place where military tortures were carried out.
3. According to Lincoln, whom does the constitution give the power to declare war?
(a) The Commander in Chief of the U.S. armed forces.
(b) The President.
(d) The people.
4. Who runs against Lincoln in the 1864 election?
(a) John V. L. Pruyn.
(b) George B. McClellan.
(c) Clement Vallandingham.
(d) Sidney Cromwell.
5. Why are modern historians unable to replicate or confirm Colonel F. C. Ainsworth's study?
(a) His bureau has been abolished and surviving records are incomplete.
(b) The National Archives will not release the records.
(c) His notes and journals have been lost.
(d) The great fire of 1906 destroyed most of the records.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long are military courts allowed to try civilians?
2. Who is Joseph G. Knapp?
3. What does the War Department and General E. R. S. Camby declare the Banshee?
4. In Chapter 9, what does Andrew D. Duff predict President Lincoln will not allow in November of 1864?
5. Why are no military trials conducted in Delaware during the Civil War?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)