|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which famous church is raided and looted by Union troops in 1861?
(a) St. Croix.
(b) Pohick church.
(c) Ambrose Chapel Church.
(d) New Hope Church.
2. In Chapter 9, what does Andrew D. Duff predict President Lincoln will not allow in November of 1864?
(d) Public assemblies.
3. Who opposes refunding Jackson's fine and publishes a pamphlet about martial law threatening slavery?
(a) Professor Joel Parker.
(b) Franklin Pierce.
(c) Judge S. S. Nicholas.
(d) Horace Binney.
4. According to the New York Tribune, what percentage of military arrests are unjustified?
(a) 35 percent.
(b) 10 percent.
(c) 50 percent.
(d) 90 percent.
5. In reviewing the "U.S. Army Court Martial Cases" of 1863-65, why does Lincoln sometimes disagree with Holt?
(a) He is more strict and judgmental.
(b) He is more lenient and merciful.
(c) He likes to point out procedural technicalities.
(d) They are of opposing political parties.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Confederate Captain John Wilkinson slip through the blockade in 1864?
2. As a congressman in 1848, why doesn't Lincoln want to wait for a constitutional amendment?
3. According to Lincoln, what act did President Jefferson commit without having the constitutional power to do so?
4. Why does Lincoln feel the need to censure John Fremont?
5. In Chapter 8, why is an elderly man charged with violating his oath of allegiance to the Union?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)