Short Answer Questions
Directions: Answer each question with the appropriate short response.
Short Answer Questions - Chapter 1
1. When is Abraham Lincoln inaugurated?
2. Why do mobs burn railroad bridges in Chapter 1?
3. Whom does Lincoln turn to for advice when Baltimore mobs burn railroad bridges?
4. Who produces a digest of opinions on martial law for President Lincoln in Chapter 1?
5. Which former U.S. President does Lincoln admire?
6. What orders does President Lincoln give General Benjamin F. Butler and General-in-Chief Winfield Scott in Chapter 1?
7. What decision does Lincoln make on April 27, 1861?
8. Why is John Merryman arrested in Chapter 1?
9. Which judge challenges President Lincoln's right to suspend the writ of habeas corpus?
10. To whom does President Lincoln have to explain his...
This section contains 2,162 words|
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)