|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which book of John A. Marshall's is well read among Lincoln's critics?
(a) The Prisoner of State.
(b) The American Bastile.
(c) Low Tide for Liberty.
(d) The Merryman.
2. Which Democratic supporter gives a speech during the 1864 campaigns claiming that emancipation will make postwar reunion difficult?
(a) Horatio Seymour.
(b) Abraham Lincoln.
(c) George B. McClellan.
(d) Clement Vallandingham.
3. According to "American Bastile", how many civilians are illegally detained during the Civil War?
4. How does Maryland protest the military arrest of citizens?
(a) By burning bridges.
(b) By destroying railroads.
(c) With satirical songs and pamphlets.
(d) By marching a group of women and children to the White House.
5. In Chapter 9, what does Andrew D. Duff predict President Lincoln will not allow in November of 1864?
(c) Public assemblies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the presidential nominee for the Democratic party in 1864?
2. Who is Edwin M. Stanton?
3. In Chapter 6, what are the primary reasons for most arrests of Northern citizens?
4. Which former President is almost arrested for being a Southern sympathizer during the Civil War?
5. Why does Clement L. Vallandigham's arrest cause widespread Democratic protests?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)