|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Joffy's nickname for Thursday?
2. Who is Landon going to marry?
3. Who stops Victor as he's going to the meeting undercover?
4. Where is Jack Schitt at the end of the story?
5. How long does it take for someone to notice the missing character from Jane Eyre?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Dr. Runcible Spoon, and why does he visit Thursday?
2. How does Thursday get Jane to return to Thornfield Hall? Why does she do this?
3. Why does Thursday have to wait to apprehend Acheron in Jane Eyre?
4. How does Thursday end the Crimean War?
5. Why do Thursday and Acheron have to work together in Jane Eyre?
6. Why does Jack Schitt want the Prose Portal?
7. What does Acheron do with the Jane Eyre manuscript?
8. What happens to Thursday and Bowden on the way to Haworth House?
9. How does Acheron become weakened while in Jane Eyre, and how does Thursday kill him?
10. What are Acheron's demands, according to the letter he sends to Thursday's office?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Acheron Hades and Jack Schitt, and explain each character's relationship to Thursday Next.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the Crimean War. What is/was Thursday's involvement in it? How does she feel about it? How is the Crimean War related to the story of The Eyre Affair?
Essay Topic 3
What is tone? What is the overall tone of The Eyre Affair? How do you know? Use specific examples from the story to support your claim. Does the tone of The Eyre Affair change throughout the story? If so, give an example.
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)