|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rochester explain how he helped Thursday the night she was shot?
2. Where is the drop point for the ransom?
3. Who is the letter from that Thursday finds on her desk after the trip to the morgue?
4. Who else is looking for Hades in Wales?
5. Who is Thursday surprised to find in the town of Millcote?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Thursday have to wait to apprehend Acheron in Jane Eyre?
2. Who are Marlovians, and what do they believe?
3. Why doesn't Landon marry Daisy?
4. Who is Joffy, and what is the GSD?
5. How does Thursday get Jane to return to Thornfield Hall? Why does she do this?
6. Why do Thursday and Acheron have to work together in Jane Eyre?
7. What does Mycroft do to the Martin Chuzzlewit manuscript? Why?
8. What does Acheron do with the Jane Eyre manuscript?
9. What are Acheron's demands, according to the letter he sends to Thursday's office?
10. How does Thursday end the Crimean War?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the Prose Portal? Explain its significance in The Eyre Affair. Be specific.
Essay Topic 2
What is conflict of interest? Explain Thursday's conflict of interest in the Martin Chuzzlewit case. How might her conflict of interest affect her investigation of the case? Does it?
Essay Topic 3
What is tone? What is the overall tone of The Eyre Affair? How do you know? Use specific examples from the story to support your claim. Does the tone of The Eyre Affair change throughout the story? If so, give an example.
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)