|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Thursday at a different property when she regains consciousness after the fire at Thornfield Hall?
2. Who is the letter from that Thursday finds on her desk after the trip to the morgue?
3. What does Thursday leave for her future self while she is traveling through time?
4. Who is the head pathologist at the morgue?
5. What does Thursday discover about Felix7?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Thursday get Jane to return to Thornfield Hall? Why does she do this?
2. What happens to Thursday and Bowden on the way to Haworth House?
3. Who is Mrs. Nakijima?
4. How does Thursday's father settle the debate about the authorship of Shakespeare's plays?
5. What is the story of Jane Eyre, as Thursday tells it to Bowden?
6. What does Jack Schitt tell Thursday about the Goliath Advanced Weapons Division?
7. Why does Jack Schitt want the Prose Portal?
8. Who are Marlovians, and what do they believe?
9. What is the plan for the drop?
10. What happens at the drop?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is a motif? Choose a motif from The Eyre Affair and explain it. How is this motif threaded throughout the story?
Essay Topic 2
What are the types of characters in a story? Give an example of each. How do you know each of these characters fall into these types?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the main conflict in the story. Is it resolved by the end of the story? If so, how?
This section contains 989 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)