|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says the code to open the portal for Thursday?
2. What does Mycroft do to protect Martin Chuzzlewit?
3. Why is Thursday at a different property when she regains consciousness after the fire at Thornfield Hall?
4. What does Acheron agree to when Thursday finds him?
5. Where is the drop point for the ransom?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jack Schitt want the Prose Portal?
2. Who is Dr. Runcible Spoon, and why does he visit Thursday?
3. What does Jack Schitt tell Thursday about the Goliath Advanced Weapons Division?
4. What is the plan for the drop?
5. How does Thursday get Jane to return to Thornfield Hall? Why does she do this?
6. What happens when readers begin to notice that Jane Eyre has been kidnapped?
7. Who is Mrs. Nakijima?
8. How does Thursday end the Crimean War?
9. Why doesn't Landon marry Daisy?
10. What happens to Thursday and Bowden on the way to Haworth House?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the types of characters in a story? Give an example of each. How do you know each of these characters fall into these types?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Acheron Hades and Jack Schitt, and explain each character's relationship to Thursday Next.
Essay Topic 3
Name the parts of a story structure, or story arc. Create the story structure of The Eyre Affair using the major plot points from the story.
This section contains 941 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)