|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What phrase does Thursday's father always say when he leaves?
(a) "Time and I are out of joint."
(b) "See you in no time!"
(c) "A stitch in time saves nine."
(d) "Time waits for no man."
2. Who is the letter from that Thursday finds on her desk after the trip to the morgue?
(b) Acheron Hades.
(c) Jack Schitt.
(d) Uncle Mycroft.
3. In Thursday's synopsis of Jane Eyre, how does the story end?
(a) Jane returns to the orphanage to teach.
(b) Jane dies of tuberculosis.
(c) Jane goes off to be a missionary with St. John Rivers.
(d) Jane declares her love for Rochester and proposes to him.
4. How does Thursday get Jane to return to Thornfield Hall?
(a) By forging a letter from Rochester.
(b) By disguising herself as Rochester.
(c) By whispering at her window.
(d) By explaining the situation to her.
5. Where does Mycroft want Polly to stay so he can find her?
(a) At "daffodils."
(b) With Thursday.
(c) At home.
(d) By the tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Victor given to take into the meeting when he's undercover?
2. Why don't Landon and Daisy go through with their wedding?
3. What is Mycroft allowed to do at the beginning of Chapter 24?
4. How does Rochester explain how he helped Thursday the night she was shot?
5. How is the fire started at Thornfield Hall?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Thursday and Bowden on the way to Haworth House?
2. What does Thursday learn from the interrogation of Dr. Muller?
3. Why does Thursday have to wait to apprehend Acheron in Jane Eyre?
4. What are Acheron's demands, according to the letter he sends to Thursday's office?
5. Who are Marlovians, and what do they believe?
6. What does Mycroft do to the Martin Chuzzlewit manuscript? Why?
7. What does Acheron do with the Jane Eyre manuscript?
8. Why doesn't Landon marry Daisy?
9. How does Thursday get Jane to return to Thornfield Hall? Why does she do this?
10. What happens when readers begin to notice that Jane Eyre has been kidnapped?
This section contains 931 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)