|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the new ending of the story of Jane Eyre?
(a) Jane becomes Rochester's nurse.
(b) Rochester and Jane are married.
(c) Jane and St. John Rivers rebuild Thornfield Hall for Rochester.
(d) Rochester and Jane remain close friends.
2. Where is the drop point for the ransom?
(a) A thick forest.
(b) A railway bridge.
(c) An unplowed field.
(d) An abandoned highway.
3. What manuscript does Acheron take to replace Martin Chuzzlewit?
(a) Alice's Adventures in Wonderland.
(b) Oliver Twist.
(c) Jane Eyre.
(d) The Taming of the Shrew.
4. How does Acheron arrive at the bridge to take the ransom?
(a) By plane.
(b) By helicopter.
(c) By truck.
(d) By van.
5. What phrase does Thursday's father always say when he leaves?
(a) "Time waits for no man."
(b) "See you in no time!"
(c) "Time and I are out of joint."
(d) "A stitch in time saves nine."
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Rochester blinded?
2. Who is at the station when Dr. Muller is brought in for questioning?
3. How does Rochester explain how he helped Thursday the night she was shot?
4. Who does the Goliath Corporation blame when it is revealed that the plasma rifle doesn't work?
5. How much time do Thursday and Bowden lose in the vortex?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Acheron's demands, according to the letter he sends to Thursday's office?
2. What does Mycroft do to the Martin Chuzzlewit manuscript? Why?
3. Why do Thursday and Acheron have to work together in Jane Eyre?
4. How does Thursday's father settle the debate about the authorship of Shakespeare's plays?
5. What does Jack Schitt tell Thursday about the Goliath Advanced Weapons Division?
6. What is the plan for the drop?
7. What happens when readers begin to notice that Jane Eyre has been kidnapped?
8. What do the LiteraTecs learn about Dr. Muller?
9. What is the story of Jane Eyre, as Thursday tells it to Bowden?
10. Why does Thursday have to wait to apprehend Acheron in Jane Eyre?
This section contains 991 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)