|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Solomon Poems : Chapter 3, New Section.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Compared to his older brothers, the youngest son who is interested in a Chinese princess in Chapter 2, Book 2 is:
2. In the end, what does the character Ayaz do in a poem in Book 1, Chapter 3?
(a) Obeys the King.
(b) Hides in fear.
(c) Refuses to obey the King.
(d) Runs away.
3. In the book, Coleman Barks is the author of what?
(c) Chapter Three.
4. What was salient and peculiar about Rumi's father?
(a) He was afraid of horses.
(b) He had visions.
(c) He spoke seven languages.
(d) He had no facial hair.
5. In one poem in Book 2, Chapter 1, Rumi states that every sheik rides a lion, whether that lion is:
(a) Male or female.
(b) Young or old.
(c) Great or small.
(d) Visible or invisible.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rumi lived during a time when brotherhood was expected between:
2. Over time, what has Coleman Barks been able to do with Rumi's poems?
3. In one of the poems in Chapter 2, Book 2, a king falls in love with a girl and decides to do what?
4. Who is Kharraqani?
5. Along with the gift that the prisoner receives in one of the poems in Chapter 2, Book 2, what unexpected useful addition does he get?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)