|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Solomon Poems : Chapter 2, Beginning to the Turn.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At times, God appears in Rumi's poems as a presence and at other times God is compared to:
(a) The Judge.
(b) The Tempter.
(c) The Friend.
(d) The Professor.
2. According to a poem in Book 1, Chapter 2, what happens when you put pond water into a larger body of water?
(a) The pond mourns its loss.
(b) The water molecules are still separate.
(c) The larger body of water is enriched.
(d) The original water disappears.
3. Many of Rumi's poems reveal that life is not two-dimensional; on the contrary, it is very:
4. Rumi asserts that the union between a man and a woman has what associated with it?
(a) Emotional baggage.
(b) Earthly connection.
(c) Hint of sadness.
(d) Spiritual component.
5. Kharraqani has difficulties with his disapproving:
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Rumi, people who choose from their own free will come from:
2. When Coleman Barks first started reading Rumi's works, what types of words turned him away?
3. Over time, what has Coleman Barks been able to do with Rumi's poems?
4. How did others regard Shams?
5. What region in Afghanistan did Rumi come from?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)