|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, The Tavern : Chapter 3, Union through Rough Metaphor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the animal soul that Rumi refers to is lacking, it leads to what?
2. Many of Rumi's poems are so personal that they help readers reconnect to what?
(a) Practical ideas.
(b) Their emotional centers.
(c) Childhood notions.
(d) Their analytical sides.
3. When speaking to the camel in the story in Book 1, Chapter 3, the mouse admits that it is what?
(b) A lion in disguise.
(c) A bear in disguise.
4. The poem in Book 1, Chapter 3 about the lame goat teaches readers how to be good:
5. For Coleman Barks, part of the experience of grasping Rumi's poems is what?
Short Answer Questions
1. In a poem in Book 1, Chapter 2, several men invade a city because they are driven by what?
2. Saladin of Zarkub was what?
3. One of the key attributes of the character Ayaz is what?
4. When speaking of sugar and vinegar, Rumi notes that a spoonful of vinegar:
5. In the end, how does the King regard Ayaz in a poem in Book 1, Chapter 3?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)