|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, The Tavern : Chapter 1, Introduction & The Tavern through to Feeling Separation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Coleman Barks first started reading Rumi's works, what types of words turned him away?
(a) Shame and guilt.
(b) Life and death.
(c) Love and hate.
(d) Heart and soul.
2. How many years did it take Coleman Barks to truly comprehend Shams Tabriz through Rumi's poetry?
3. What region in Afghanistan did Rumi come from?
4. After reading Rumi's poems, Coleman Barks feels he has been:
5. When was the New Expanded Edition of this book published?
Short Answer Questions
1. After Shams went away the first time, how did he return?
2. In the book, Coleman Barks is the author of what?
3. What post did Rumi inherit?
4. How many additional poems were translated and included in the New Expanded Edition?
5. What is one of the central teachings of Rumi?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)