|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Solomon Poems : Chapter 2, Beginning to the Turn.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After reading Rumi's poems, Coleman Barks feels he has been:
2. Rumi explains to readers that in our lives, God can be both active and:
3. In one of the poems in Chapter 2, Book 2, when the oldest son decides to romantically pursue a Chinese princess, what happens to him?
(a) He's imprisoned.
(b) He's killed by someone.
(c) He's captured and never seen again.
(d) He's forced to marry her sister instead.
4. In addition to being one of his students and his scribe, Husam Chelebi was Rumi's:
(a) Illegitimate son.
(b) Devoted house servant.
(c) Primary rival.
(d) Personal companion.
5. Saladin of Zarkub was what?
(a) Brick maker.
Short Answer Questions
1. At times the character Hallaj can be tender and loving, but other times he can be what?
2. Many of Rumi's poems reveal that life is not two-dimensional; on the contrary, it is very:
3. Rumi asserts that the union between a man and a woman has what associated with it?
4. The poem in Book 1, Chapter 2 about a man who accidentally soils himself includes lessons on which of the following?
5. What is the "animal soul" that Rumi writes about?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)