|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Solomon Poems : Chapter 2, Beginning to the Turn.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the smartest of three fish do in the fish tale in Book 2, Chapter 1?
(a) Eats a bug.
(d) Blows bubbles.
2. Many of Rumi's poems reveal that life is not two-dimensional; on the contrary, it is very:
3. In the second love story in Chapter 2, Book 2, the three sons end up affected by their reactions to what?
(a) What turns out to be nothing but a rumor.
(b) Limits imposed on them by their employer.
(c) What is forbidden to them.
(d) The unexpected death of the woman all three love.
4. In the poem in Chapter 2, Book 2, about the king who loves the girl, what is Rumi's message about real love?
(a) Real love depends on more than just physical beauty.
(b) In rare cases, infatuation is equivalent to real love.
(c) Real love causes a person to do beautiful things.
(d) Infatuation will do until real love is discovered.
5. After reading Rumi's poems, Coleman Barks feels he has been:
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 2 of Book 2 includes a large quantity of:
2. In the book, Coleman Barks is the author of what?
3. In the end, what does the character Ayaz do in a poem in Book 1, Chapter 3?
4. Before responding to the king's command in a poem in Book 1, Chapter 3, what does Ayaz do?
5. In a poem in Chapter 2, Book 2, what does the king discover about himself after the girl he loves receives medical attention?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)