|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In all, how many of the shuttle team are killed on the planet?
2. How long will the flight take?
3. What is Henry most interested in?
4. What does the anomaly look like?
5. Where does the Catherine Perch find itself approaching on April 11th?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the crew of the Catherine Perch note about the planet Beta Pacifica III as they approach it on April 11th?
2. What does the Academy endorse, to the surprise of many involved?
3. What authorization comes with the Ashley Tee, and who else notifies them that they are on the way?
4. What do Hutch and Frank discover as they dig into the discontinuities further?
5. What events transpire as a result of Maggie's comment?
6. What do the various team members from Quraqua do back on Earth?
7. What is Captain Morris's biggest concern as he watches Maggie's body being recovered from a close circuit camera with Melanie?
8. What is the Academy's position regarding Richard's death and what course of action do they pursue?
9. When are they rescued, by whom and what do they learn about the object that caused their crash?
10. What does Hutch finally do to find the shuttle after wandering around lost for some time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What happens when the anomaly reaches the newly created Oz? Why is the Ashley Tee of absolutely no help to them at this point? Where do they go to be as safe as possible? What happens that shakes their faith in how safe they are in that place? What conclusion does Frank come to and what does he insist they do immediately? What happens as a result?
Essay Topic 2
What is the final status of the Wincklemann? What are the chances of survival for its crew? Why is that the case? What critical systems are affected? How does Hutch overcome the issues they are facing? What one critical problem are they still facing? What does Maggie figure out, and what has to be done to ensure survival of the remainder? Who steps up to assume the consequences and why does it become unnecessary?
Essay Topic 3
What system do Hutch and Frank go to next? What last task do they accomplish before leaving and why is it important? What do they look for when they arrive in the next system? What do they need to do? Who stays aboard the Ashley Tee and why? What drawback is there to being part of the ground crew? What do the two crew members on the Ashley Tee see?
This section contains 1,046 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)