|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is still on Quraqua trying to recover the printing press?
2. How much is the rainfall predicted to increase by after the devices blow at both poles.
3. Where does everyone gather to ride it out?
4. When does Hutch return to Earth?
5. What is the name of the shuttle that Hutch pilots and Richard hitches a ride on?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Richard ask of Hutch that exasperates her?
2. What events conspire against Hutch, slowing down her return to the surface one last time?
3. What does Maggie appear to be oblivious to?
4. Why does Cal make the decision to marry someone else although it is clear he still has deep feelings for Hutch?
5. What is Maggie doing on board the Wincklemann?
6. What formality does Henry's team observe when they finally break through to the Temple of the Winds, and what do they find inside?
7. What questions does Hutch have about the snowball dropped on them by Melanie?
8. What is the basic topography of Quraqua?
9. What issue does Richard want Hutch's help with, and why did he want Hutch to transmit it?
10. What does Henry immediately realize about the tidal wave announcement that Melanie calls him with?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is blamed for the disaster on Quraqua? What effect does this have on the person involved, and how does it affect the colleagues who were a part of that mission? What difference does it make to the others in the future? How does this person respond to the idea of a future mission? Who is the first to approach with plans and ideas for another mission and how is the entire idea received?
Essay Topic 2
What is the purpose of the Oz cities? What is unusual about their construction? Why are they uninhabited? Where is the first Oz found? Overall, can it be said that the Oz cities or constructions accomplished their purpose? Why or why not? Where was the last Oz created and why? Did it accomplish its purpose and if so, how?
Essay Topic 3
What is the one incident associated with Project Hope that was negative and unnecessary? Why did it occur? Who was responsible directly for this incident? What were the motives that led to it and why were none ever brought to justice as a result of it? What charges could have and should have been laid under ordinary circumstances and against whom?
This section contains 956 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)