|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Melanie call for assistance?
2. When does Hutch return to Earth?
3. What is Kosmik Station?
4. What decision does Richard Wald make?
5. What did the Scrivners predict?
Short Essay Questions
1. What plans does Frank Carson have once Quraqua has been evacuated and terraforming has begun?
2. What are Richard and the remainder of the crew searching for, and what do they find instead of even greater value?
3. What does Henry immediately realize about the tidal wave announcement that Melanie calls him with?
4. What questions does Hutch have about the snowball dropped on them by Melanie?
5. What is the end result of Maggie's push to recover the two chases at all costs?
6. What is the basic point of the myth told in the friezes?
7. What was particularly odd about the structures created in Oz?
8. Why does Cal make the decision to marry someone else although it is clear he still has deep feelings for Hutch?
9. What issue does Richard want Hutch's help with, and why did he want Hutch to transmit it?
10. Why had the excavation of the Lower Temple been so important?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What happens when the anomaly reaches the newly created Oz? Why is the Ashley Tee of absolutely no help to them at this point? Where do they go to be as safe as possible? What happens that shakes their faith in how safe they are in that place? What conclusion does Frank come to and what does he insist they do immediately? What happens as a result?
Essay Topic 2
What system do Hutch and Frank go to next? What last task do they accomplish before leaving and why is it important? What do they look for when they arrive in the next system? What do they need to do? Who stays aboard the Ashley Tee and why? What drawback is there to being part of the ground crew? What do the two crew members on the Ashley Tee see?
Essay Topic 3
What is the only thing that can interfere with the planned mission to find the home planet of the Monument Makers once Hutch and the rest of the crew are on board? What does Hutch do to avoid that likelihood? What happens afterward that justifies her fears of cancellation? How does Hutch respond to the instructions from the Academy and why? What were those instructions and what reason was given for them?
This section contains 1,022 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)