|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is surprising about the figure Harry discovers in the friezes on the Temple?
2. How many APVs and shuttles does the Kosmik have?
3. How long has Melanie been in orbit around Quraqua?
4. What kind of construction does the city have?
5. What is the name of Quraqua's red sun?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hutch bother to call the Kosmik and warn them that they might have a problem?
2. What does Melanie do that is uncharacteristic for her, and why doesn't it help anyway?
3. What issues make it harder than anticipated to recover the printing press from the Lower Temple.
4. How is the team from Kosmik spending the countdown to terraforming time that remains?
5. What is Maggie doing on board the Wincklemann?
6. What information does David Emory convey via downlink hologram?
7. Why does Cal make the decision to marry someone else although it is clear he still has deep feelings for Hutch?
8. What does Richard ask of Hutch that exasperates her?
9. What formality does Henry's team observe when they finally break through to the Temple of the Winds, and what do they find inside?
10. What does Henry immediately realize about the tidal wave announcement that Melanie calls him with?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What decision is made that leaves the ground crew in a precarious position? What makes the ground crew wonder if they are going to lose their lives? Who closes in on their position and reinforces their thoughts that they are in harm's way? How is that reinforced and why? What do they tell their new arrival to do in order to ensure their safety?
Essay Topic 2
Who were the Quraquat? What kind of race were they judging from the things that have been discovered? What information did the race of beings on Quraquat discover more than once? Why were there more than one continual race of beings on the planet? What was the likely demise of this race? How did they try to avoid this eventuality, and what evidence of this exists?
Essay Topic 3
What information led to the discovery of the likely home planet of the Monument Makers? How was the information sorted out, and how were alternate planetary systems eliminated from possibility? What system was used to search? Who did the searching? What was found that pointed the way to the most likely home planet for this race?
This section contains 981 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)