|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the snowball aimed for?
2. What is surprising about the figure Harry discovers in the friezes on the Temple?
3. What is not accounted for in the calculations for the tsunami after the blast?
4. What does Hutch ask Melanie for?
5. What message waits for Hutch when they return to the ship from Oz?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Henry immediately realize about the tidal wave announcement that Melanie calls him with?
2. How is the team from Kosmik spending the countdown to terraforming time that remains?
3. When Richard asks Caseway to delay the schedule for terraforming Quraqua, what does Caseway admit that horrifies Richard?
4. Why does Cal make the decision to marry someone else although it is clear he still has deep feelings for Hutch?
5. What is the purpose behind Harvey Sill wanting to drop one of the snowballs into the Southern Sea known as the Yakata while the scientists are still working in the Lower Temple?
6. How long has the mission on Quraqua been in progress and what are Henry and his team hoping to accomplish?
7. When Henry finds out about the coming tidal wave, what are his first priorities?
8. What plans does Frank Carson have once Quraqua has been evacuated and terraforming has begun?
9. What is the end result of Maggie's push to recover the two chases at all costs?
10. What is the basic topography of Quraqua?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is blamed for the disaster on Quraqua? What effect does this have on the person involved, and how does it affect the colleagues who were a part of that mission? What difference does it make to the others in the future? How does this person respond to the idea of a future mission? Who is the first to approach with plans and ideas for another mission and how is the entire idea received?
Essay Topic 2
What system do Hutch and Frank go to next? What last task do they accomplish before leaving and why is it important? What do they look for when they arrive in the next system? What do they need to do? Who stays aboard the Ashley Tee and why? What drawback is there to being part of the ground crew? What do the two crew members on the Ashley Tee see?
Essay Topic 3
What problem is the crew of the Wincklemann faced with the moment they drop out of accelerated speed upon arrival at what they believe is the home system of the Monument Makers? What are they able to do about the crisis they are facing? What does Hutch realize about her crew, and herself at this time? What do they see as they get closer, and what are their assumptions? What actually is the result of the encounter?
This section contains 1,065 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)