|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Carson ask to remain in the shuttle when they land on Beta Pacifica III?
2. Who does Hutch meet at Richard's memorial?
(a) His brother, Dick.
(b) His son, Richard.
(c) His father, Rick.
(d) His cousin, Dick Wald.
3. What does the anomaly look like?
(a) A group of ships.
(b) A red giant.
(c) A ship.
(d) A cloud.
4. What kind of creature do they encounter on the planet?
(a) Something similar to a deer.
(b) Something similar to a cockroach.
(c) Something similar to a rat.
(d) Something similar to a crab.
5. Why does Carson want to know the last time the four moons were in alignment?
(a) To understand the eclipse factors.
(b) To predict the next alignment.
(c) To determine the effect on the brachyids.
(d) To date the photo they found on the space station.
Short Answer Questions
1. What 'insurance' does Hutch take out against their mission being canceled?
2. What does the Academy mandate Henry, Hutch, George and Maggie to do?
3. What does Hutch believe they need to do to find the Monument Makers?
4. What is Hutch determined to do to save the others?
5. How many people gather for the memorial held for Jake, George and Maggie?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hutch fake a communications malfunction before the Wincklemann is scheduled to leave?
2. What does Hutch finally do to find the shuttle after wandering around lost for some time?
3. What is the Academy's position regarding Richard's death and what course of action do they pursue?
4. What surprises the Wincklemann when they drop out of their transdimentional jump?
5. What is Captain Morris's biggest concern as he watches Maggie's body being recovered from a close circuit camera with Melanie?
6. What do Hutch and Frank discover as they dig into the discontinuities further?
7. What callous comment does Maggie make that reminds Hutch of all the reasons that her guard is up around Maggie?
8. What revelation does Hutch have that she wakes Carson to share with him?
9. What kind of structures do the landing party on Beta Pacifica III find that make no sense?
10. Who leaves to pursue the premise that Hutch has outlined, and where to they go?
This section contains 992 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)