|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hutch finally realize?
(a) That she made a mistake in coming.
(b) That food will run out anyway.
(c) That she is afraid.
(d) That a pulsar can be used to thaw the snow and frozen atmosphere.
2. Why are there regulations regarding a transdimentional jump?
(a) To enable control over the flights.
(b) To reduce the number of trips taken.
(c) To monitor flight plans.
(d) To avoid possible backwash.
3. What does Hutch realize about each event of discontinuity?
(a) The are linked to stars.
(b) They are separated by a thousand years.
(c) They are entirely random.
(d) They are foretold in legend.
4. What is Hutch determined to do to save the others?
(a) Send an SOS.
(b) Hunt the ship for answers.
(c) Find another source of help.
(d) Use a pulsar on herself.
5. Who is on board the Ashley Tee when it leaves to investigate?
(a) Janet and Hutch.
(b) Terry and Janet.
(c) Hutch and Frank.
(d) Hutch and Terry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ship arrives on April 8th and launches a shuttle to pick them up?
2. What changes does Hutch see in Frank since the Temple on Quraqua?
3. When is Hutch's birthday?
4. What does the anomaly look like?
5. How long does it take to recharge before a second jump can be made?
Short Essay Questions
1. What events transpire as a result of Maggie's comment?
2. How does Harvey and his recovery team manage to locate Maggie to bring her back?
3. What revelation does Hutch have that she wakes Carson to share with him?
4. What authorization comes with the Ashley Tee, and who else notifies them that they are on the way?
5. Why does Hutch fake a communications malfunction before the Wincklemann is scheduled to leave?
6. What do the boarding crew notice on approach to the orbiting space station?
7. What does Hutch realize that makes the sacrifice of a crew member unnecessary?
8. How do the members of Wincklemann's crew amuse themselves on the long ride to Beta Pacifica?
9. Why does Carson ask Jake to remain inside the shuttle while the rest of their group explores Beta Pacifica III?
10. What does Hutch believe they have to do in order to discover the truth behind what is going on?
This section contains 961 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)