|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What revelation do these calculations lead Frank to?
(a) Another alignment is due soon.
(b) Another alignment is not due for several hundred years.
(c) The discontinuities are done.
(d) The discontinuities are all eight thousand years apart.
2. Why does Carson want to know the last time the four moons were in alignment?
(a) To date the photo they found on the space station.
(b) To understand the eclipse factors.
(c) To determine the effect on the brachyids.
(d) To predict the next alignment.
3. What date does Harvey establish as the last alignment of the four moons?
(a) 5243 B.C. (fifteen hundred years prior to their arrival).
(b) 4243 B.C. (five hundred years prior to their arrival).
(c) 4743 B.C. (a thousand years prior to their arrival).
(d) 5743 B.C. (two thousand years prior to their arrival).
4. What message comes from Nok?
(a) Another discontinuity is due.
(b) A call for help.
(c) David Emory is on his way.
(d) Evacuation is under way.
5. Who stays behind to cover their retreat to the shuttle?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do they find that is priceless?
2. In all, how many of the shuttle team are killed on the planet?
3. What observation does Maggie make?
4. What does Hutch finally realize?
5. Where does the Catherine Perch find itself approaching on April 11th?
Short Essay Questions
1. What callous comment does Maggie make that reminds Hutch of all the reasons that her guard is up around Maggie?
2. Who was attacked by the crab like creatures on Beta Pacifica III?
3. What is the anomaly on the moon that is designated as Three-B?
4. When are they rescued, by whom and what do they learn about the object that caused their crash?
5. What does Hutch believe they have to do in order to discover the truth behind what is going on?
6. What kind of structures do the landing party on Beta Pacifica III find that make no sense?
7. When they arrive at LCO4418 and select a moon to begin working, what occurs and how do they respond?
8. What events transpire as a result of Maggie's comment?
9. What is the outcome of their collision?
10. What surprises the Wincklemann when they drop out of their transdimentional jump?
This section contains 1,010 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)