|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kosmik Station?
(a) The orbiter around Quraqua from which Melanie rules.
(b) The orbiter around Bellatrix V.
(c) The orbiter around Pinnacle.
(d) The float pier.
2. What else is being done to create additional water for the planet?
(a) A ring of ice is being pushed into place around the planet.
(b) Clouds are begin artificially created.
(c) Clouds are being seeded.
(d) Icebergs are being towed to the planet.
3. What is the best scenario the ground crew can reasonably hope for?
(a) To recover the two chases.
(b) To find something else of equal value.
(c) To get out alive.
(d) To dig out the press.
4. How many 'tugboats' are pulling snowballs into orbit around Quraqua?
5. Who is still on Quraqua trying to recover the printing press?
(a) George, Maggie, Carson and Sandy.
(b) George, Carson, Henry and Maggie.
(c) George, Henry, Maggie nad Sandy.
(d) George, Carson, Henry and Sandy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls Kosmik to tell them them 'might' have a problem?
2. What do they still require to decipher the language?
3. How much is the rainfall predicted to increase by after the devices blow at both poles.
4. Who ignores the confirmation Melanie gives to extend their time?
5. Who warns the scientists about the coming snowball?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the team from Kosmik spending the countdown to terraforming time that remains?
2. Why is Caseway unwilling to postpone Project Hope even for a little while?
3. Why does Cal make the decision to marry someone else although it is clear he still has deep feelings for Hutch?
4. What questions does Hutch have about the snowball dropped on them by Melanie?
5. When Richard asks Caseway to delay the schedule for terraforming Quraqua, what does Caseway admit that horrifies Richard?
6. What plans does Frank Carson have once Quraqua has been evacuated and terraforming has begun?
7. What does Melanie do that is uncharacteristic for her, and why doesn't it help anyway?
8. How long has the mission on Quraqua been in progress and what are Henry and his team hoping to accomplish?
9. What are Richard and the remainder of the crew searching for, and what do they find instead of even greater value?
10. When Henry finds out about the coming tidal wave, what are his first priorities?
This section contains 928 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)