|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the snowball aimed for?
(a) The northern sea.
(b) The western ocean.
(c) The eastern ocean.
(d) The southern sea.
2. What conditions does Ed Horner put on giving Richard a ride?
(a) That he deliver a lecture and take him to dinner.
(b) That he get off Quraqua on time and that he talk to Caseway.
(c) That he teach a class, and take Ed along.
(d) That he take a physical, and provide funding.
3. How many civilizations have lived on Quraqua?
4. What part of the terraforming schedule is likely to cause the largest problem on Quraqua?
(a) The scheduled melting of the ice caps.
(b) The arrival of early stage citizenry.
(c) The release of nuclear material to create atmosphere.
(d) The draining of the local lakes.
5. Who does Hutch enlist to help her pay Melanie back for her stunt with the snowball?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Kosmik lacking as a space station?
2. What does Harvey Sill ask Jake Kraus to do?
3. Who ignores the confirmation Melanie gives to extend their time?
4. What damage does the third wave do?
5. What does Hutch ask Eddie for as they are loading the shuttle?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the team from Kosmik spending the countdown to terraforming time that remains?
2. What issue does the Boston Globe bemoan?
3. What was particularly odd about the structures created in Oz?
4. Why is Caseway unwilling to postpone Project Hope even for a little while?
5. Why had the excavation of the Lower Temple been so important?
6. Why does Hutch bother to call the Kosmik and warn them that they might have a problem?
7. Who does Janet run into as she is leaving her quarters with her baggage and what does she remember of the incident?
8. How long has the mission on Quraqua been in progress and what are Henry and his team hoping to accomplish?
9. When Richard asks Caseway to delay the schedule for terraforming Quraqua, what does Caseway admit that horrifies Richard?
10. When Henry finds out about the coming tidal wave, what are his first priorities?
This section contains 979 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)