|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was discovered in the same orbit as Shola's rings?
(a) Four rock cubes.
(b) Six empty shuttles.
(c) Five round snowballs.
(d) One more monument.
2. When does Hutch return to Earth?
(a) May 6th.
(b) Aug. 3rd.
(c) July 4th.
(d) June 5th.
3. What do the friezes in the Temple show?
(a) The civilization recently past.
(b) The story of Tull from infant to godhood.
(c) The moonrise.
(d) The University of Antioch.
4. What is the name of the shuttle that Hutch pilots and Richard hitches a ride on?
(a) The 'Quraqua Speedster'.
(b) The 'Winking Jonathan'.
(c) The 'Johann Winckelmann'.
(d) The 'Jonathan Winklerman'.
5. What does Hutch have to do to get free?
(a) Take off on a sharp angle.
(b) Take off with more acceleration and speed than normal.
(c) Take off early and with cargo bay still open.
(d) Take off in unsecured mode.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Hutch enlist to help her pay Melanie back for her stunt with the snowball?
2. Who does Melanie call for assistance?
3. What is more difficult afterward?
4. Where are Hutch's quarters located?
5. How many researchers are currently working in extrasolar stations according to the Boston Globe?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Richard ask of Hutch that exasperates her?
2. What information does David Emory convey via downlink hologram?
3. What is the end result of Maggie's push to recover the two chases at all costs?
4. What does Maggie appear to be oblivious to?
5. What questions does Hutch have about the snowball dropped on them by Melanie?
6. How is the team from Kosmik spending the countdown to terraforming time that remains?
7. What is the basic point of the myth told in the friezes?
8. What was particularly odd about the structures created in Oz?
9. What issue does the Boston Globe bemoan?
10. What events conspire against Hutch, slowing down her return to the surface one last time?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)