|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does this novel begin?
2. What language are the symbols found written in?
3. Who is still on Quraqua trying to recover the printing press?
(a) George, Carson, Henry and Maggie.
(b) George, Carson, Henry and Sandy.
(c) George, Maggie, Carson and Sandy.
(d) George, Henry, Maggie nad Sandy.
4. What does Janet call Richard to relay?
(a) Melanie's movements.
(b) Time left on Quraqua.
(c) Details from the Field Report Academy monthly.
(d) Progress in their packing.
5. What does Richard notice about it?
(a) From the center to the outer ring it is concentric.
(b) From the center outward, it is in ever larger circles.
(c) From the center outward, it is a mirror image of itself.
(d) From the center outward, it shows no sign of symmetry.
6. What decision does Richard Wald make?
(a) That he has to see the Iapetus like figure for himself.
(b) That he wants to be cremated.
(c) That he wants to mine the moon.
(d) That he wants to return to teaching.
7. Who goes up in Hutch's next load?
(a) Karl, George, Phil and Henry.
(b) Henry, George, Maggie and Janet.
(c) Janet, Maggie, Karl and Phil.
(d) Phil, George, Maggie and Janet.
8. What does Hutch have to do to get free?
(a) Take off on a sharp angle.
(b) Take off in unsecured mode.
(c) Take off early and with cargo bay still open.
(d) Take off with more acceleration and speed than normal.
9. What is not accounted for in the calculations for the tsunami after the blast?
(a) The time until tsunami's first wave.
(b) The time of impact.
(c) The strength of the first wave.
(d) The shock waves.
10. What is more difficult afterward?
(a) Recovering the Seapoint dome.
(b) Getting to the Lower Temple.
(c) Packing their bags.
(d) Transferring cargo without a pier.
11. What happens on board the Wincklemann at that point?
(a) Janet knocks Maggie flat without warning.
(b) Maggie calls down to enquire after the chases.
(c) Maggie faints.
(d) Janet cries.
12. Who does Hutch enlist to help her pay Melanie back for her stunt with the snowball?
13. What does Hutch ask Melanie for?
(a) Two hours extra.
(b) Three hours extra.
(c) One hour extra.
(d) One day extra.
14. Where is Hutch?
(a) Orbiting low, waiting for a call to come in.
(b) Sitting on the surface waiting to evacuate the last members.
(c) In the southern region trying to reach Helm.
(d) On board Wincklemann praying they get to the shuttle.
15. What did the Scrivners predict?
(a) A polar shift.
(b) A war.
(c) A discontinuity.
(d) An earthquake.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Richard when Hutch is forced to take off?
2. What does Hutch come face to face with the next morning on her own?
3. Who does Melanie call for assistance?
4. Who ignores the confirmation Melanie gives to extend their time?
5. What damage does the third wave do?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)