|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What pattern does Richard believe exists?
(a) A pattern to Oz.
(b) A pattern to the discontinuities.
(c) A pattern to the stars.
(d) A pattern to the Towers.
2. What is not accounted for in the calculations for the tsunami after the blast?
(a) The time until tsunami's first wave.
(b) The shock waves.
(c) The strength of the first wave.
(d) The time of impact.
3. Where are Hutch's quarters located?
(b) Knothic Towers.
4. What is the Kosmik lacking as a space station?
(a) Double thick hull.
(b) Emergency protocols.
(c) Evacuation shuttles.
(d) Independent propulsion.
5. When do Hutch and Richard arrive at Quraqua?
(a) August 5th.
(b) June 6th.
(c) July 3rd.
(d) September 4th.
6. How many researchers are currently working in extrasolar stations according to the Boston Globe?
(a) Eighteen thousand.
(b) Eighty thousand.
(c) Eighteen hundred.
(d) Twenty eight hundred.
7. In what year does this novel begin?
8. Where is the snowball aimed for?
(a) The southern sea.
(b) The northern sea.
(c) The eastern ocean.
(d) The western ocean.
9. What do the friezes in the Temple show?
(a) The University of Antioch.
(b) The story of Tull from infant to godhood.
(c) The moonrise.
(d) The civilization recently past.
10. Where is Richard when Hutch is forced to take off?
(a) Stuck in the Lower Temple.
(b) Unconscious in the dive room.
(c) Hanging on the cable.
(d) In his quarters below.
11. Who does Melanie call for assistance?
(a) The Alpha shuttle.
(b) The Wincklemann.
12. How many civilizations have lived on Quraqua?
13. How long has Melanie been in orbit around Quraqua?
(a) Eighteen months.
(b) Three months.
(c) Three years.
(d) Two years.
14. When is the Temple of Winds uncovered?
15. What does Cal tell her when she picks him up?
(a) That he is going with her.
(b) That he has a new job.
(c) That he has a child.
(d) That he is getting married.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Scrivners predict?
2. What does this find reveal?
3. What do they still require to decipher the language?
4. Who is still on Quraqua trying to recover the printing press?
5. Where is Hutch?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)