|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was discovered in the same orbit as Shola's rings?
(a) Four rock cubes.
(b) Six empty shuttles.
(c) Five round snowballs.
(d) One more monument.
2. Who is still on Quraqua trying to recover the printing press?
(a) George, Carson, Henry and Sandy.
(b) George, Henry, Maggie nad Sandy.
(c) George, Carson, Henry and Maggie.
(d) George, Maggie, Carson and Sandy.
3. Why is Jake reluctant to do as Harvey asks?
(a) It has to be smaller to work.
(b) It is too early.
(c) Its size will cause tsunami like forces.
(d) He is unwilling to waste the water.
4. What problem prevents them from recovering the press?
(a) The tunnel is not clear enough to get at it.
(b) The press is pushed behind large debris.
(c) The tunnel has completely collapsed.
(d) The press is destroyed.
5. Who does Hutch enlist to help her pay Melanie back for her stunt with the snowball?
6. What planet are they trying to terraform?
7. When does Hutch return to Earth?
(a) May 6th.
(b) July 4th.
(c) Aug. 3rd.
(d) June 5th.
8. Who were the Scrivners?
(a) Those who kept records of everything.
(b) Merchant sailors.
(c) Spice merchants.
(d) Trade merchants.
9. Where are Hutch's quarters located?
(b) Knothic Towers.
10. How many APVs and shuttles does the Kosmik have?
(a) Two APV's and one shuttle.
(b) Two shuttles and one APV.
(c) One APV and no shuttles.
(d) One shuttle and no APV's.
11. What is the name of Quraqua's red sun?
12. How many 'tugboats' are pulling snowballs into orbit around Quraqua?
13. What kind of construction does the city have?
(a) Triangular construction.
(b) Circular construction.
(c) Rectangular construction.
(d) Base ten construction.
14. What does Hutch ask Melanie for?
(a) One hour extra.
(b) One day extra.
(c) Three hours extra.
(d) Two hours extra.
15. What language are the symbols found written in?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls Kosmik to tell them them 'might' have a problem?
2. What does Hutch have to do to get free?
3. How many researchers are currently working in extrasolar stations according to the Boston Globe?
4. What is surprising about the figure Harry discovers in the friezes on the Temple?
5. Who warns the scientists about the coming snowball?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)