|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: Beta Pac: Chapters 23 and 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Melanie give the crew of the Wincklemann?
(a) A shuttle, a pilot and thirty six hours to examine Beta Pacifica III.
(b) A technician to help them repair their ship.
(c) The offer of a ride back to Earth.
(d) Enough food and supplies to last a week.
2. What does no one on board the Wincklemann realize?
(a) How much guilt Melanie feels.
(b) How deeply Richard's death affects Hutch.
(c) How much damage was sustained to the shuttle.
(d) How badly Maggie feels.
3. What did the Scrivners predict?
(a) A war.
(b) A discontinuity.
(c) An earthquake.
(d) A polar shift.
4. Who were the Scrivners?
(a) Spice merchants.
(b) Those who kept records of everything.
(c) Trade merchants.
(d) Merchant sailors.
5. How much is the rainfall predicted to increase by after the devices blow at both poles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unusual about this trip for Jake?
2. Who does Hutch enlist to help her pay Melanie back for her stunt with the snowball?
3. What do they find that is priceless?
4. When does Hutch return to Earth?
5. What 'insurance' does Hutch take out against their mission being canceled?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)