|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was "Z.T.'s" position in the palace?
(a) Protocol official.
2. What low official in the Ministry of Information enjoyed access to the Emperor four times a week?
(a) Gugsa Welle.
(b) Desta Damtew.
(c) Abeje Debalk.
(d) Kassa Darge.
3. What dollar amount required approval from the Emperor before making an expenditure?
(a) More than $15
(b) More than $20.
(c) More than $10.
(d) More than $5.
4. Why did "G.S.-D" have to monitor the storage of the pillows?
(a) To make sure fleas did not breed in the pillows.
(b) To make sure they wre always clean.
(c) To masure sure that mice did not nest in the pillows.
(d) To make sure there were not rips or tears.
5. Where were some of those who used to live at the Palace hiding in disguise?
(a) In the desert.
(b) In the mountains.
(c) In cloisters.
(d) In their homes.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what location would the Emperor attempt to throw money to the poor?
2. Which ministers would be favored by the Emperor?
3. What would the guards do when the Emperor left the capital?
4. How many years was Prince Imru exiled from the country when he fail out of the Emperor's favor?
5. A low official in the Ministry of Information enjoyed access to the Emperor 4 times a week. How many times did his boss have access to the Emperor?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Emperor avoid paying the local masons who worked to construct the Imperial Palace?
2. What happened to get Prince Imru exiled for 20 years?
3. On page 47, why was "G.H.-M." called cuckoo behind his back?
4. Where did the Imperial court used to be located before Addis Abab became the capital of the Empire?
5. How did Haile Selassie dispense judgment?
6. After the revolution, what happened to many of the people who had been people of the Palace?
7. What was the fetasha?
8. What was the background of the "personal people" in the palace, and what type of jobs did they hold?
9. What types of positions did the Emperor assign personally?
10. What were the most tiring searches during the fetasha?
This section contains 930 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)