|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What made one official more important than another in the Emperor's court?
(a) How much authority his position wielded.
(b) How much education he had.
(c) How much access the individual had to the Emperor's ear.
(d) How much wealth he had.
2. Who published the Emperor's autobiography?
(c) Prometheus Books.
(d) New Century Press.
3. From what ethnic group was Teferra Gebrewold?
4. What did Prince Imru do to earn disfavor with the Emperor?
(a) Refused to marry the Emperor's daughter.
(b) Gave land to peasants.
(c) Took part in a conspiracy meeting.
(d) Plotted against the Emperor.
5. Where were some of those who used to live at the Palace hiding in disguise?
(a) In their homes.
(b) In cloisters.
(c) In the mountains.
(d) In the desert.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the dog that slept on the Emperor's bed?
2. On page 37, what was "I.B.'s" job?
3. A bag made from ___________was used to carry money for the Emperor.
4. Where would the Emperor eat his dinner?
5. What did the Emperor do between 9 a.m. and 10 a.m.?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did a pillow have to be placed beneath the Emperor's feet when he was sitting on his throne?
2. How could subjects hand petitions to the Emperor?
3. How did the Emperor begin his day?
4. What was the advantage for the Emperor of only receiving verbal reports with nothing written down?
5. On page 39, how did "W.A.-N" say that the people showed their greed?
6. What happened when the Emperor brought the first airplane from Europe in the twenties?
7. Why did the Emperor prefer bad ministers?
8. On page 47, why was "G.H.-M." called cuckoo behind his back?
9. What types of positions did the Emperor assign personally?
10. Where did the Imperial court used to be located before Addis Abab became the capital of the Empire?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)