|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to "Y.M.", who was the Emperor's only teacher?
(a) Bishop Andrew.
(b) Monsignor David.
(c) Bishop Philip.
(d) Monsignor Jerome.
2. From what location would the Emperor attempt to throw money to the poor?
(a) Abune Petros Square.
(b) Mercato district.
(c) Piassa district.
(d) Addis Ketema district.
3. What did the Emperor weigh in his old age?
(a) 50 kilograms.
(b) 65 kilograms.
(c) 60 kilograms.
(d) 55 kilograms.
4. What was "Z.T.'s" position in the palace?
(c) Protocol official.
5. What was Aba Hanna Jema's position?
(a) Confessor and treasurer.
(b) Internal Security.
(c) Minister of Information.
(d) Minister of the Pen.
6. What type of groves surrounded Addis Ababa in 1963?
7. Where would ministers spend their mornings?
(a) Inspecting public buildings.
(b) In the Palace.
(c) At their offices.
(d) Visiting with the people.
8. On page 11, what did the Emperor receive as a gift from the president of Uganda?
9. A bag made from ___________was used to carry money for the Emperor.
10. What was another name for the Imperial Palace?
(d) Genete Leul.
11. How many main factions were there in the palace?
12. Why was Tekele Wolda Hawariat beheaded?
(a) He tried to start a revolt against the Emperor.
(b) He embezzled funds.
(c) He took bribes.
(d) He was not loyal to the Emperor.
13. Who was the contractor who was overseeing the workers performing construction work in Addis Ababa in 1930?
(a) An Armenian.
(b) A Russian.
(c) An Italian.
(d) A Swede.
14. What dollar amount required approval from the Emperor before making an expenditure?
(a) More than $5.
(b) More than $10.
(c) More than $15
(d) More than $20.
15. In 1963, what meal did the foreign news correspondents share with the Emperor?
Short Answer Questions
1. If the Emperor stopped in front of the lions' cage during his morning walk, what would he throw the lions?
2. When was the Hour of the Supreme Court of Final Appeal held?
3. How many times did the Emperor visit a Palace in the Ogaden Desert?
4. How many lived in Addis Ababa in 1963?
5. From which of the palace factions were positions like Minister of the Pen or political police filled?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)