|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Emperor wear to dispense justice?
(a) Blue robe.
(b) Purple robe.
(c) Black robe.
(d) Red robe.
2. What was "B.K.-S.'s job?
(a) Purse attendant.
(b) Cloakroom attendant.
3. What type of songs did a singer sing after a feast held for African leaders in 1963?
4. What were the criteria that the Emperor used when making appointments for various jobs?
(a) Family connections.
5. What was the job of "A.M.-M"?
(c) Keeper of the third door.
(d) Garbage hauler.
6. Where would the Emperor eat his dinner?
(a) Imperial Palace.
(b) Anniversary Place.
(c) Jubilee Palace.
(d) Old Palace.
7. In 1963, what meal did the foreign news correspondents share with the Emperor?
8. What other group of people are as silent as the Ethiopians?
9. What low official in the Ministry of Information enjoyed access to the Emperor four times a week?
(a) Abeje Debalk.
(b) Kassa Darge.
(c) Desta Damtew.
(d) Gugsa Welle.
10. On page 5, "F" discusses a duty that he had to perform for ten years. What was this duty?
(a) Wipe urine from the shoes of dignitaries.
(b) Scoop manure out of the horse stalls.
(c) Clean out the outhouses.
(d) Sort through garbage.
11. What did the Emperor weigh in his old age?
(a) 55 kilograms.
(b) 60 kilograms.
(c) 65 kilograms.
(d) 50 kilograms.
12. What book described the Emperor's coronation in 1930?
(a) Layers of Time.
(b) Fire on the Mountain.
(c) They Were Still Dancing.
(d) Held at a Distance.
13. What automobile did the Emperor prize for its dignified lines?
(b) Lincoln Continental.
14. What was the previous location of the Imperial Court ?
(a) Debre Marcos.
(b) In the mountains.
(c) Wherever harvests were good and cattle plentiful.
15. In 1963, what instruments were played during a reception for African leaders?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many different pillows did "G.S.-D" have available to use to place under the Emperor's feet?
2. What was the hour between 10 and 11 a.m. called?
3. How long did "G.S.-D" perform the job of placing a pillow under the Emperor's feet?
4. How many main factions were there in the palace?
5. What singer was brought to serenade the leaders of the independent African nations in 1963?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)