|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what hotel did Kapuscinski meet Teferra soon after the Emperor was deposed?
(a) Hotel Ras.
(b) Hotel Asela.
(c) Hotel Harar.
(d) Hotel Gambela.
2. In 1963, where did the reception take place for African leaders?
(a) The New Palace.
(b) A large hotel.
(c) The Old Palace.
(d) The Emperor's home.
3. How many men rode together on their jeeps patrolling?
4. In 1963, what instruments were played during a reception for African leaders?
5. What singer was brought to serenade the leaders of the independent African nations in 1963?
(a) Illana May.
(b) Mimi Coertse.
(c) Miriam Makeba.
(d) Laurika Rauch.
6. Who was the leader of the aristocrats?
(a) Prince Mansa.
(b) Prince Bransa.
(c) Prince Kassa.
(d) Prince Cessa.
7. According to Section 1, Pages 49-56, what hour began at 11 a.m. and ended at noon?
(a) Hour of the Reports.
(b) Hour of the Ministers.
(c) Hour of the Cashbox.
(d) Hour of Security.
8. What was Aba Hanna Jema's position?
(a) Minister of Information.
(b) Confessor and treasurer.
(c) Minister of the Pen.
(d) Internal Security.
9. What did Prince Imru do to earn disfavor with the Emperor?
(a) Plotted against the Emperor.
(b) Took part in a conspiracy meeting.
(c) Gave land to peasants.
(d) Refused to marry the Emperor's daughter.
10. How many lived in Addis Ababa in 1963?
(a) Six hundred thousand.
(b) Five hundred thousand.
(c) About seven hundred thousand.
(d) A few hundred thousand.
11. How long did "G.S.-D" perform the job of placing a pillow under the Emperor's feet?
(a) Fifteen years.
(b) Twenty-six years.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) Thirty-one years.
12. Why was Tekele Wolda Hawariat beheaded?
(a) He was not loyal to the Emperor.
(b) He took bribes.
(c) He tried to start a revolt against the Emperor.
(d) He embezzled funds.
13. From what location would the Emperor attempt to throw money to the poor?
(a) Abune Petros Square.
(b) Addis Ketema district.
(c) Mercato district.
(d) Piassa district.
14. How much did it cost to bring a singer to sing for African leaders in 1963?
15. According to "Y.M.", who was the Emperor's only teacher?
(a) Monsignor David.
(b) Monsignor Jerome.
(c) Bishop Philip.
(d) Bishop Andrew.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Emperor wear to dispense justice?
2. What position would the Emperor assume when hearing the cases and pronouncing verdicts?
3. What was the previous location of the Imperial Court ?
4. Where were some of those who used to live at the Palace hiding in disguise?
5. What did the Palace servants do when the Emperor was away from the Palace?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)