|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Yelma Deresa's position in the government?
(a) Minster of Security.
(b) Minister of Finance.
(c) Minister of the Pen.
(d) Minister of Information.
2. What was "B.K.-S.'s job?
(a) Cloakroom attendant.
(d) Purse attendant.
3. What amounts might ministers come to the Emperor asking for approval?
4. In 1963, for what would cars driving on Churchill Road have to stop?
5. What was the punishment even for minor offenses before Haile Selassie became emperor?
(b) Cut off fingers and toes.
(c) Cut off ears.
(d) Cut off hands and legs.
6. According to "M," which plebian wielded a great deal of power in the last days of the Emperor's reign?
7. What was the job of "A.M.-M"?
(a) Garbage hauler.
(d) Keeper of the third door.
8. What was the name of the Minister of the Pen who was demoted?
(a) Tafari Makonnen.
(b) Walde Giyorgis.
(c) Ras Tafari.
(d) Balcha Safo.
9. When was the Hour of the Supreme Court of Final Appeal held?
(a) 2:00 to 3:00 p.m.
(b) 3:00 to 4:00 p.m.
(c) Noon to 1 p.m.
(d) 1:00 to 2:00 p.m.
10. What did the Emperor weigh in his old age?
(a) 60 kilograms.
(b) 65 kilograms.
(c) 50 kilograms.
(d) 55 kilograms.
11. What low official in the Ministry of Information enjoyed access to the Emperor four times a week?
(a) Desta Damtew.
(b) Gugsa Welle.
(c) Abeje Debalk.
(d) Kassa Darge.
12. In what hotel did Kapuscinski meet Teferra soon after the Emperor was deposed?
(a) Hotel Gambela.
(b) Hotel Asela.
(c) Hotel Harar.
(d) Hotel Ras.
13. What type of groves surrounded Addis Ababa in 1963?
14. If the Emperor stopped in front of the lions' cage during his morning walk, what would he throw the lions?
(a) A deer haunch.
(b) A leg of veal.
(c) Ribs of beef.
(d) A pig head.
15. What was the previous location of the Imperial Court ?
(a) In the mountains.
(b) Debre Marcos.
(d) Wherever harvests were good and cattle plentiful.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many lived in Addis Ababa in 1963?
2. A low official in the Ministry of Information enjoyed access to the Emperor 4 times a week. How many times did his boss have access to the Emperor?
3. On page 5, "F" discusses a duty that he had to perform for ten years. What was this duty?
4. What did the Emperor do between 9 a.m. and 10 a.m.?
5. What did the Palace children do when the Emperor left the Palace?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)