|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: The Throne, Pages 49 - 56.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On page 47, what did "G.H.-M." say his nickname was at the Palace?
(d) Sticky fingers.
2. From which of the palace factions were positions like Minister of the Pen or political police filled?
(d) Personal people.
3. What was the previous location of the Imperial Court ?
(a) In the mountains.
(b) Debre Marcos.
(d) Wherever harvests were good and cattle plentiful.
4. How many palaces did the Emperor build who established the capital at Addis Ababa?
5. What made one official more important than another in the Emperor's court?
(a) How much access the individual had to the Emperor's ear.
(b) How much education he had.
(c) How much wealth he had.
(d) How much authority his position wielded.
Short Answer Questions
1. A low official in the Ministry of Information enjoyed access to the Emperor 4 times a week. How many times did his boss have access to the Emperor?
2. From what ethnic group was Teferra Gebrewold?
3. What would the guards do when the Emperor left the capital?
4. Who published the Emperor's autobiography?
5. When would the Emperor arrive at the Old Palace?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)