|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: The Throne, Pages 49 - 56.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book described the Emperor's coronation in 1930?
(a) They Were Still Dancing.
(b) Fire on the Mountain.
(c) Held at a Distance.
(d) Layers of Time.
2. Where would the Emperor eat his dinner?
(a) Anniversary Place.
(b) Jubilee Palace.
(c) Imperial Palace.
(d) Old Palace.
3. What singer was brought to serenade the leaders of the independent African nations in 1963?
(a) Mimi Coertse.
(b) Laurika Rauch.
(c) Illana May.
(d) Miriam Makeba.
4. How many palaces did the Emperor build who established the capital at Addis Ababa?
5. When would the Emperor arrive at the Old Palace?
(a) 9:00 a.m.
(b) 8:00 a.m.
(c) 10:00 a.m
(d) 7:00 a.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. What dollar amount required approval from the Emperor before making an expenditure?
2. What was Yelma Deresa's position in the government?
3. According to "Y.M.", who was the Emperor's only teacher?
4. Who published the Emperor's autobiography?
5. How many main factions were there in the palace?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)