|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: The Throne, Pages 49 - 56.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the masters of ceremony do when the Emperor left the capital?
(a) Hung out in local bars.
(b) Stayed in the Palace.
(c) Went home.
(d) Watched sporting events.
2. In 1963, what meal did the foreign news correspondents share with the Emperor?
3. What automobile did the Emperor prize for its dignified lines?
(a) Lincoln Continental.
4. If the Emperor stopped in front of the lions' cage during his morning walk, what would he throw the lions?
(a) Ribs of beef.
(b) A pig head.
(c) A deer haunch.
(d) A leg of veal.
5. How long did "G.S.-D" perform the job of placing a pillow under the Emperor's feet?
(a) Thirty-one years.
(b) Twenty-six years.
(c) Fifteen years.
(d) Twenty years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the author say ran wild in Addis Ababa?
2. What was the previous location of the Imperial Court ?
3. What did the Palace servants do when the Emperor was away from the Palace?
4. Who established the procedure for justice that the Emperor used?
5. A low official in the Ministry of Information enjoyed access to the Emperor 4 times a week. How many times did his boss have access to the Emperor?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)