|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: The Throne, Pages 37 - 49.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Yelma Deresa's position in the government?
(a) Minister of the Pen.
(b) Minister of Information.
(c) Minister of Finance.
(d) Minster of Security.
2. What amounts might ministers come to the Emperor asking for approval?
3. What were the criteria that the Emperor used when making appointments for various jobs?
(c) Family connections.
4. What type of songs did a singer sing after a feast held for African leaders in 1963?
5. On page 37, what was "I.B.'s" job?
(a) Purse bearer.
(d) Protocol official.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the author say ran wild in Addis Ababa?
2. In 1963, what did some people steal at a reception for leaders of the independent African nations?
3. From what location would the Emperor attempt to throw money to the poor?
4. A bag made from ___________was used to carry money for the Emperor.
5. In what hotel did Kapuscinski meet Teferra soon after the Emperor was deposed?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)