|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: The Throne, Pages 37 - 49.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many lived in Addis Ababa in 1963?
(a) A few hundred thousand.
(b) Six hundred thousand.
(c) Five hundred thousand.
(d) About seven hundred thousand.
2. How much of a money bag might the Emperor be able to empty before riots would break out?
(a) Often not even half.
(b) The entire bag.
(c) Less than one quarter.
(d) Barely one third.
3. What did the Palace children do when the Emperor left the Palace?
(a) Flew kites.
(b) Picked flowers from the lawn.
(c) Grazed goats on the lawn.
(d) Played ball on the lawn.
4. Where was the Minister of the Pen sent after his demotion?
(a) A backward southern province.
(b) A backnorthern province.
(c) A backwestern province.
(d) A backeastern province.
5. What was the name of the dog that slept on the Emperor's bed?
Short Answer Questions
1. When would the Emperor arrive at the Old Palace?
2. A low official in the Ministry of Information enjoyed access to the Emperor 4 times a week. How many times did his boss have access to the Emperor?
3. What amounts might ministers come to the Emperor asking for approval?
4. What did the author say ran wild in Addis Ababa?
5. On page 11, what did the Emperor receive as a gift from the president of Uganda?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)