|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: The Throne, Pages 37 - 49.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much of a money bag might the Emperor be able to empty before riots would break out?
(a) Barely one third.
(b) Often not even half.
(c) The entire bag.
(d) Less than one quarter.
2. In 1930, which ethnic group provided most of the workers for the construction work in Addis Ababa?
3. How many lived in Addis Ababa in 1963?
(a) Five hundred thousand.
(b) About seven hundred thousand.
(c) Six hundred thousand.
(d) A few hundred thousand.
4. What was another name for the Imperial Palace?
(a) Genete Leul.
5. What dollar amount required approval from the Emperor before making an expenditure?
(a) More than $15
(b) More than $20.
(c) More than $10.
(d) More than $5.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Tekele Wolda Hawariat beheaded?
2. Who did the Emperor refuse to pay for labor performed to build the Imperial Palace?
3. Who was the contractor who was overseeing the workers performing construction work in Addis Ababa in 1930?
4. From which of the palace factions were positions like Minister of the Pen or political police filled?
5. Where were some of those who used to live at the Palace hiding in disguise?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)