|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: The Throne, Pages 37 - 49.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Prince Imru do to earn disfavor with the Emperor?
(a) Refused to marry the Emperor's daughter.
(b) Gave land to peasants.
(c) Took part in a conspiracy meeting.
(d) Plotted against the Emperor.
2. What did the Palace servants do when the Emperor was away from the Palace?
3. How many lived in Addis Ababa in 1963?
(a) Five hundred thousand.
(b) Six hundred thousand.
(c) About seven hundred thousand.
(d) A few hundred thousand.
4. What was the job of "A.M.-M"?
(b) Keeper of the third door.
(d) Garbage hauler.
5. What amounts might ministers come to the Emperor asking for approval?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the head of Palace Spies?
2. Who wrote a book that had a passage describing the Emperor's coronation in 1930?
3. How many years was Prince Imru exiled from the country when he fail out of the Emperor's favor?
4. In 1963, what did some people steal at a reception for leaders of the independent African nations?
5. What dollar amount required approval from the Emperor before making an expenditure?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)