|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Carter has found the tomb of King Tut and evidence of what?
2. In a letter discovered after her death, Margaret tells Ralph about how Ferrell turned her and CCF against him? What kind of letter was it?
3. Where does Ferrell find the cigars from CCF?
4. Who was the Egyptian cat god?
5. What is the "ologist" name for someone with Ralph's interests?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ralph place in the first and second chambers after he decorates the first chamber?
2. What does Ralph fetch, supposedly on Carter's orders?
3. How does Ralph look when Ferrell finds him in town?
4. What did Ralph do to the columns in the sixth room?
5. Why does Marlowe invite Paul to visit the Valley of the Kings with him?
6. Ralph is in what state when the police officer sent by Carter finds him?
7. What does Sonia Nordquist offer Ralph when she visits him at his site?
8. What does Ralph want to do when he is crying about not being able to open the ninth chamber?
9. According to Ralph's translations, why does Atum-hadu try to stab his new queen?
10. What is the fabricated tale Marlow tells Paul?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does greed and personal success motivate the various characters in the book? Compare/contrast at least three different characters and use specific examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
How does the ending of the book flow logically from the plot? Cite examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the book to support your answer, explain how the relationship between Ralph and Margaret is ironic.
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)