|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Amr?
2. Ralph says that he has much to finish if mad Ferrell is coming to stamp about with what?
3. What is in the package that ter Breuggen sends Margaret?
4. In reality, why does Ralph steal the chemicals?
5. Carter comes to Ralph's villa at night and mentions that what character may have romantic feelings for Ralph?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Chamber of Mysteries?
2. What does Ahmed tell Ralph, that Ralph takes as a sign of Carter's failure?
3. Why does Marlowe invite Paul to visit the Valley of the Kings with him?
4. How does Ralph die?
5. What crimes is Ahmed arrested for?
6. What does Ralph equate his name with, in his last, insane moments?
7. What impact does Ralph believe archaeologists have on ancient history?
8. What does Ferrell find at the bonfire after realizing that Ralph and CCF didn't use their tickets to board the ship?
9. When does Ralph want to bring Lord Carnarvon to his dig?
10. What does Sonia Nordquist offer Ralph when she visits him at his site?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ralph explains the myth of Atum-hadu in his letters. How does this myth help the reader surmise what really happened to Ralph? Use specific examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What does Professor ter Breuggen represent in the story? Use specific examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
How do the various characters in the book lack common sense? What implications does this lack of common sense have for their futures? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)