|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where have the Lord and Lady, who were at Carter's site, gone to?
2. Paul Caldwell blackmails Marlowe into giving him lessons on what?
3. After Ralph has finished with the columns, what does he use to open the next door?
4. Each column depicts what span of time in Atum-hadu's reign?
5. What does CCF do when he comes into the tomb?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Ralph's translations, why does Atum-hadu try to stab his new queen?
2. What does Ralph equate his name with, in his last, insane moments?
3. What does Ahmed tell Ralph, that Ralph takes as a sign of Carter's failure?
4. What does Ralph fetch, supposedly on Carter's orders?
5. Ralph is in what state when the police officer sent by Carter finds him?
6. What does Ralph want to do when he is crying about not being able to open the ninth chamber?
7. What crimes is Ahmed arrested for?
8. Why does Marlowe invite Paul to visit the Valley of the Kings with him?
9. What did Ralph do to the columns in the sixth room?
10. What is the real truth about the cat in the seventh room?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the way that Ralph and Ferrell deal with disappointment and guilt. Cite examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
How do the various characters in the book lack common sense? What implications does this lack of common sense have for their futures? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the book to support your answer, explain how the relationship between Ralph and Margaret is ironic.
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)