|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ralph says that he has much to finish if mad Ferrell is coming to stamp about with what?
2. What happens when Ralph tries to open the ninth chamber?
3. What does Ahmed steal from Ralph?
4. Ahmed awakens Ralph and says that he and the workers are going to work for whom?
5. Who is Amr related to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Ahmed returns to Ralph's site and demands money?
2. How does Ralph die?
3. According to Ralph's translations, who is Atum-hadu's new queen?
4. What is the subject of, and to whom, has Ralph been sending anonymous telegrams about CCF?
5. What impact does Ralph believe archaeologists have on ancient history?
6. What does Ralph place in the first and second chambers after he decorates the first chamber?
7. What does Ahmed tell Ralph, that Ralph takes as a sign of Carter's failure?
8. What does Ferrell find at the bonfire after realizing that Ralph and CCF didn't use their tickets to board the ship?
9. What crimes is Ahmed arrested for?
10. What does Ralph fetch, supposedly on Carter's orders?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What evidence is there that Paul and Ralph are really the same person? Cite examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
How does the theme of immortality affect the characters in the book? What definition of immortality is used by the various characters? Cite specific examples in support of your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What is the Tomb Paradox, and how does it help Ralph rationalize his behavior? Cite specific examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)