|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Ferrell finally meets Ralph, to what does Ferrell attribute the odor surrounding Ralph?
2. Who interrupts Ralph's request for funding to Lord Carnarvon?
3. Marlowe says that after going on a trip with Paul, he will return to what?
4. Marlowe tells Paul that Ralph died where?
5. Who is Ralph going to bring to his dig, once all the translation and analysis is completed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Marlowe invite Paul to visit the Valley of the Kings with him?
2. What happens when Ahmed returns to Ralph's site and demands money?
3. What is the subject of, and to whom, has Ralph been sending anonymous telegrams about CCF?
4. What does Ralph want to do when he is crying about not being able to open the ninth chamber?
5. What does Ralph fetch, supposedly on Carter's orders?
6. According to Ralph's translations, who is Atum-hadu's new queen?
7. What impact does Ralph believe archaeologists have on ancient history?
8. What does Ferrell find at the bonfire after realizing that Ralph and CCF didn't use their tickets to board the ship?
9. What does Ahmed tell Ralph, that Ralph takes as a sign of Carter's failure?
10. What is the fabricated tale Marlow tells Paul?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is this book a history, biography or detective story? Is it part of all three? Answer these questions using examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What is an epilogue? How would an epilogue have helped this book? Support your answer with information from the book.
Essay Topic 3
What evidence is there that Paul and Ralph are really the same person? Cite examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)