|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Atum-hadu try to do to his queen?
2. Why does Carter come by to deliver Ralph a letter?
3. Marlowe tells Paul a fabricated story of how he and Ralph found what?
4. After Ralph has finished with the columns, what does he use to open the next door?
5. Ahmed is arrest for theft of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ralph want to do when he is crying about not being able to open the ninth chamber?
2. What impact does Ralph believe archaeologists have on ancient history?
3. What does Ahmed tell Ralph, that Ralph takes as a sign of Carter's failure?
4. How does Ferrell know that Ralph is lying, and what is Ralph lying to Ferrell about?
5. How does Ralph look when Ferrell finds him in town?
6. What does Ralph place in the first and second chambers after he decorates the first chamber?
7. Ralph is in what state when the police officer sent by Carter finds him?
8. According to Ralph's translations, who is Atum-hadu's new queen?
9. What is the real truth about the cat in the seventh room?
10. How does Ralph describe the mummified cat that shows up in the seventh room?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does greed and personal success motivate the various characters in the book? Compare/contrast at least three different characters and use specific examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What evidence is there that Paul and Ralph are really the same person? Cite examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the book to support your answer, explain how Ralph's and Atum-hadu's lives are similar and what implications those similarities have for Ralph's actions.
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)