|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the constable discover while he is at Ralph's site?
2. Why does Sonia Nordquist want Ralph to come home with her?
3. What does Ralph call the room after the room with the columns?
4. CCF sends Ralph a telegram that asks if _____ is accepting investments.
5. When Ralph finishes his drawing of the tomb, what is included?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the real truth about the cat in the seventh room?
2. What does Ralph want to do when he is crying about not being able to open the ninth chamber?
3. What does Ahmed tell Ralph, that Ralph takes as a sign of Carter's failure?
4. What crimes is Ahmed arrested for?
5. What does Sonia Nordquist offer Ralph when she visits him at his site?
6. What is the subject of, and to whom, has Ralph been sending anonymous telegrams about CCF?
7. What does Ferrell find at the bonfire after realizing that Ralph and CCF didn't use their tickets to board the ship?
8. What happens when Ahmed returns to Ralph's site and demands money?
9. According to Ralph's translations, why does Atum-hadu try to stab his new queen?
10. How does Ralph die?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does greed and personal success motivate the various characters in the book? Compare/contrast at least three different characters and use specific examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
How does the structure of the book influence the way in which the story is presented? Use specific examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What evidence is there that Paul and Ralph are really the same person? Cite examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)