|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sent a police officer to Ralph's site?
2. In which chamber does Ralph place his robe and painting equipment?
3. Ralph says that he has much to finish if mad Ferrell is coming to stamp about with what?
4. Who is Amr related to?
5. Why does Quint think that Ralph survived the war and didn't die?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the subject of, and to whom, has Ralph been sending anonymous telegrams about CCF?
2. What does Ralph fetch, supposedly on Carter's orders?
3. What does Sonia Nordquist offer Ralph when she visits him at his site?
4. What does Ralph equate his name with, in his last, insane moments?
5. What is the fabricated tale Marlow tells Paul?
6. According to Ralph's translations, why does Atum-hadu try to stab his new queen?
7. What does Ralph want to do when he is crying about not being able to open the ninth chamber?
8. How does Ralph die?
9. What does Ahmed tell Ralph, that Ralph takes as a sign of Carter's failure?
10. What is the real truth about the cat in the seventh room?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is an epilogue? How would an epilogue have helped this book? Support your answer with information from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the book to support your answer, explain how the relationship between Ralph and Margaret is ironic.
Essay Topic 3
Ralph explains the myth of Atum-hadu in his letters. How does this myth help the reader surmise what really happened to Ralph? Use specific examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)