|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Marlowe says that after going on a trip with Paul, he will return to what?
2. Where have the Lord and Lady, who were at Carter's site, gone to?
3. Ahmed is arrested for whose murder?
4. What does the constable discover while he is at Ralph's site?
5. After Ralph wraps himself up, what does he pour on himself?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ralph want to do when he is crying about not being able to open the ninth chamber?
2. What is the real truth about the cat in the seventh room?
3. What does Sonia Nordquist offer Ralph when she visits him at his site?
4. What does Ferrell find at the bonfire after realizing that Ralph and CCF didn't use their tickets to board the ship?
5. How does Ferrell know that Ralph is lying, and what is Ralph lying to Ferrell about?
6. What happens when Ahmed returns to Ralph's site and demands money?
7. According to Ralph's translations, who is Atum-hadu's new queen?
8. What is the subject of, and to whom, has Ralph been sending anonymous telegrams about CCF?
9. According to Ralph's translations, why does Atum-hadu try to stab his new queen?
10. What impact does Ralph believe archaeologists have on ancient history?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the Tomb Paradox, and how does it help Ralph rationalize his behavior? Cite specific examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What evidence is there that Paul and Ralph are really the same person? Cite examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Is this book a history, biography or detective story? Is it part of all three? Answer these questions using examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)