|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Carter has found the tomb of King Tut and evidence of what?
2. Who, according to Ralph's writings, orders him to fetch chemicals?
3. Marlowe tells Paul a fabricated story of how he and Ralph found what?
4. Ferrell finds Ralph drinking what?
5. Who writes Ralph a letter that invites him to reapply for official permission to excavate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ralph fetch, supposedly on Carter's orders?
2. According to Ralph's translations, why does Atum-hadu try to stab his new queen?
3. What impact does Ralph believe archaeologists have on ancient history?
4. What does Ahmed tell Ralph, that Ralph takes as a sign of Carter's failure?
5. How does Ralph look when Ferrell finds him in town?
6. What does Ralph want to do when he is crying about not being able to open the ninth chamber?
7. What happens when Ahmed returns to Ralph's site and demands money?
8. What is the fabricated tale Marlow tells Paul?
9. What did Ralph do to the columns in the sixth room?
10. What does Ferrell find at the bonfire after realizing that Ralph and CCF didn't use their tickets to board the ship?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the book to support your answer, explain how the relationship between Ralph and Margaret is ironic.
Essay Topic 2
What is a climax in a plot? What is the climax of this book? Use specific examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What is the importance of the items that Ralph placed in the tomb? What is the importance of the order of the items? Use specifics from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)