|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Each column depicts what span of time in Atum-hadu's reign?
2. Carter has left his site to go where?
3. Carter comes to Ralph's villa at night and mentions that what character may have romantic feelings for Ralph?
4. Who does Ferrell hire to take him to Ralph's dig?
5. What does the constable discover while he is at Ralph's site?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ralph look when Ferrell finds him in town?
2. What does Ralph equate his name with, in his last, insane moments?
3. What does Sonia Nordquist offer Ralph when she visits him at his site?
4. What does Ralph fetch, supposedly on Carter's orders?
5. What is the fabricated tale Marlow tells Paul?
6. When does Ralph want to bring Lord Carnarvon to his dig?
7. According to Ralph's translations, who is Atum-hadu's new queen?
8. What did Ralph do to the columns in the sixth room?
9. What does Ferrell find at the bonfire after realizing that Ralph and CCF didn't use their tickets to board the ship?
10. What is the subject of, and to whom, has Ralph been sending anonymous telegrams about CCF?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the book, explain how Ralph elevates himself beyond his actual position in society and life. Why does he do this? What does this tell us about his character? About his priorities? About his needs?
Essay Topic 2
What is an epilogue? How would an epilogue have helped this book? Support your answer with information from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Is this book a history, biography or detective story? Is it part of all three? Answer these questions using examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)