|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ferrell find the cigars from CCF?
2. What does Ralph do to the first chamber after he goes insane?
3. What happens when Ralph tries to open the ninth chamber?
4. In a letter discovered after her death, Margaret tells Ralph about how Ferrell turned her and CCF against him? What kind of letter was it?
5. In which chamber does Ralph place his robe and painting equipment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the fabricated tale Marlow tells Paul?
2. What does Ralph want to do when he is crying about not being able to open the ninth chamber?
3. According to Ralph's translations, who is Atum-hadu's new queen?
4. What does Ralph equate his name with, in his last, insane moments?
5. Why does Marlowe invite Paul to visit the Valley of the Kings with him?
6. What does Sonia Nordquist offer Ralph when she visits him at his site?
7. What crimes is Ahmed arrested for?
8. What does Ahmed tell Ralph, that Ralph takes as a sign of Carter's failure?
9. When does Ralph want to bring Lord Carnarvon to his dig?
10. What is the real truth about the cat in the seventh room?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do the various characters in the book lack common sense? What implications does this lack of common sense have for their futures? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the book, compare and contrast the way Ralph and Ferrell use their imaginations to help them towards fame.
Essay Topic 3
Is Ralph insane, obsessed or simple focused in his behavior? Does his status change over time? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)