|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the constable discover while he is at Ralph's site?
2. What keeps Stum-hadu from fighting for long with his forces against the invading Hyksos?
3. Who was the Egyptian cat god?
4. Where have the Lord and Lady, who were at Carter's site, gone to?
5. In which chamber does Ralph place his cane?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Ralph's translations, who is Atum-hadu's new queen?
2. How does Ralph look when Ferrell finds him in town?
3. What did Ralph do to the columns in the sixth room?
4. When does Ralph want to bring Lord Carnarvon to his dig?
5. What does Ralph place in the first and second chambers after he decorates the first chamber?
6. What does Ahmed tell Ralph, that Ralph takes as a sign of Carter's failure?
7. How does Ralph describe the mummified cat that shows up in the seventh room?
8. How does Ferrell know that Ralph is lying, and what is Ralph lying to Ferrell about?
9. What is the fabricated tale Marlow tells Paul?
10. What impact does Ralph believe archaeologists have on ancient history?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is this book a history, biography or detective story? Is it part of all three? Answer these questions using examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the book, compare and contrast the way Ralph and Ferrell use their imaginations to help them towards fame.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the book, explain how Ralph elevates himself beyond his actual position in society and life. Why does he do this? What does this tell us about his character? About his priorities? About his needs?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)