|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Ralph, whose mysteries and riddles remain unsolved for millennia?
2. Who was the Egyptian cat god?
3. When Ferrell finally meets Ralph, to what does Ferrell attribute the odor surrounding Ralph?
4. Paul Caldwell blackmails Marlowe into giving him lessons on what?
5. What keeps Stum-hadu from fighting for long with his forces against the invading Hyksos?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sonia Nordquist offer Ralph when she visits him at his site?
2. How does Ralph look when Ferrell finds him in town?
3. How does Ferrell know that Ralph is lying, and what is Ralph lying to Ferrell about?
4. What does Ralph place in the first and second chambers after he decorates the first chamber?
5. What is the subject of, and to whom, has Ralph been sending anonymous telegrams about CCF?
6. What did Ralph do to the columns in the sixth room?
7. What crimes is Ahmed arrested for?
8. According to Ralph's translations, who is Atum-hadu's new queen?
9. What happens when Ahmed returns to Ralph's site and demands money?
10. What is the fabricated tale Marlow tells Paul?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does greed and personal success motivate the various characters in the book? Compare/contrast at least three different characters and use specific examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the book to support your answer, explain how the relationship between Ralph and Margaret is ironic.
Essay Topic 3
Ralph explains the myth of Atum-hadu in his letters. How does this myth help the reader surmise what really happened to Ralph? Use specific examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)