|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ferrell finds Ralph drinking what?
2. What is the "ologist" name for someone with Ralph's interests?
3. Who is Ralph going to bring to his dig, once all the translation and analysis is completed?
4. Why did Marlowe invite Paul to go with him on their four day pass?
5. In Ralph's last, insane moment, he equates his name with what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ralph place in the first and second chambers after he decorates the first chamber?
2. What is the real truth about the cat in the seventh room?
3. How does Ferrell know that Ralph is lying, and what is Ralph lying to Ferrell about?
4. How does Ralph look when Ferrell finds him in town?
5. What does Ralph fetch, supposedly on Carter's orders?
6. According to Ralph's translations, why does Atum-hadu try to stab his new queen?
7. What is the fabricated tale Marlow tells Paul?
8. What is the subject of, and to whom, has Ralph been sending anonymous telegrams about CCF?
9. When does Ralph want to bring Lord Carnarvon to his dig?
10. What does Sonia Nordquist offer Ralph when she visits him at his site?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the book, explain how Ralph elevates himself beyond his actual position in society and life. Why does he do this? What does this tell us about his character? About his priorities? About his needs?
Essay Topic 2
How does the theme of immortality affect the characters in the book? What definition of immortality is used by the various characters? Cite specific examples in support of your answer.
Essay Topic 3
How does greed and personal success motivate the various characters in the book? Compare/contrast at least three different characters and use specific examples to support your answer.
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)