|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Marlowe invites Paul to visit where on a four day pass?
2. Carter has left his site to go where?
3. Ahmed awakens Ralph and says that he and the workers are going to work for whom?
4. What is the cryptic abbreviation that Ralph sends on a telegram to Margaret?
5. According to Ralph, whose mysteries and riddles remain unsolved for millennia?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the real truth about the cat in the seventh room?
2. What does Ralph place in the first and second chambers after he decorates the first chamber?
3. What did Ralph do to the columns in the sixth room?
4. When does Ralph want to bring Lord Carnarvon to his dig?
5. What does Ralph want to do when he is crying about not being able to open the ninth chamber?
6. How does Ferrell know that Ralph is lying, and what is Ralph lying to Ferrell about?
7. What is the Chamber of Mysteries?
8. What does Ferrell find at the bonfire after realizing that Ralph and CCF didn't use their tickets to board the ship?
9. Why does Marlowe invite Paul to visit the Valley of the Kings with him?
10. What does Ralph equate his name with, in his last, insane moments?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is an epilogue? How would an epilogue have helped this book? Support your answer with information from the book.
Essay Topic 2
How does the ending of the book flow logically from the plot? Cite examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the book, compare and contrast the way Ralph and Ferrell use their imaginations to help them towards fame.
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)