|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the "ologist" name for someone with Ralph's interests?
2. What does Ralph do to CCF?
3. What is the cryptic abbreviation that Ralph sends on a telegram to Margaret?
4. Why does Sonia Nordquist want Ralph to come home with her?
5. When he tells his story of Marlowe and Caldwell's deaths, Ferrell detects what type of behavior from Ralph?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Ralph do to the columns in the sixth room?
2. What does Ralph place in the first and second chambers after he decorates the first chamber?
3. When does Ralph want to bring Lord Carnarvon to his dig?
4. How does Ralph describe the mummified cat that shows up in the seventh room?
5. Why does Marlowe invite Paul to visit the Valley of the Kings with him?
6. What does Ralph fetch, supposedly on Carter's orders?
7. What does Ralph want to do when he is crying about not being able to open the ninth chamber?
8. What is the subject of, and to whom, has Ralph been sending anonymous telegrams about CCF?
9. How does Ferrell know that Ralph is lying, and what is Ralph lying to Ferrell about?
10. What does Ferrell find at the bonfire after realizing that Ralph and CCF didn't use their tickets to board the ship?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the Tomb Paradox, and how does it help Ralph rationalize his behavior? Cite specific examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the book, compare and contrast the way Ralph and Ferrell use their imaginations to help them towards fame.
Essay Topic 3
How does the structure of the book influence the way in which the story is presented? Use specific examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)