|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ferrell finds Ralph drinking what?
2. What does Ralph do to the first chamber after he goes insane?
3. Paul Caldwell blackmails Marlowe into giving him lessons on what?
4. Since Carter's find, how much rent does the landlord of Ralph's villa want in advance?
5. Carter has found the tomb of King Tut and evidence of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Marlowe invite Paul to visit the Valley of the Kings with him?
2. What does Ralph equate his name with, in his last, insane moments?
3. How does Ralph describe the mummified cat that shows up in the seventh room?
4. What is the subject of, and to whom, has Ralph been sending anonymous telegrams about CCF?
5. What does Ralph want to do when he is crying about not being able to open the ninth chamber?
6. What crimes is Ahmed arrested for?
7. What did Ralph do to the columns in the sixth room?
8. What is the Chamber of Mysteries?
9. What does Ralph place in the first and second chambers after he decorates the first chamber?
10. How does Ralph look when Ferrell finds him in town?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do the various characters in the book lack common sense? What implications does this lack of common sense have for their futures? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the book to support your answer, explain how Ralph's and Atum-hadu's lives are similar and what implications those similarities have for Ralph's actions.
Essay Topic 3
How does the theme of immortality affect the characters in the book? What definition of immortality is used by the various characters? Cite specific examples in support of your answer.
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)