|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Ralph wraps himself up, what does he pour on himself?
2. For whom does CCF mistake a bearded and robed Ralph?
3. Marlowe tells Paul that Ralph died where?
4. Who has Ralph been sending anonymous telegrams to, exposing CCF's interest in pornography?
5. What does Ferrell find at the site of the bonfire?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Ralph's translations, who is Atum-hadu's new queen?
2. What is the subject of, and to whom, has Ralph been sending anonymous telegrams about CCF?
3. What does Ralph fetch, supposedly on Carter's orders?
4. What is the real truth about the cat in the seventh room?
5. What does Ahmed tell Ralph, that Ralph takes as a sign of Carter's failure?
6. Why does Marlowe invite Paul to visit the Valley of the Kings with him?
7. What is the Chamber of Mysteries?
8. How does Ralph look when Ferrell finds him in town?
9. What does Ralph want to do when he is crying about not being able to open the ninth chamber?
10. What does Ferrell find at the bonfire after realizing that Ralph and CCF didn't use their tickets to board the ship?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the book to support your answer, explain how the relationship between Ralph and Margaret is ironic.
Essay Topic 2
Ralph explains the myth of Atum-hadu in his letters. How does this myth help the reader surmise what really happened to Ralph? Use specific examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
How does the theme of immortality affect the characters in the book? What definition of immortality is used by the various characters? Cite specific examples in support of your answer.
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)