|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which chamber does Ralph place his cane?
2. Who is Amr related to?
3. What does Atum-hadu try to do to his queen?
4. Why does Sonia Nordquist want Ralph to come home with her?
5. In Ralph's last, insane moment, he equates his name with what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ralph equate his name with, in his last, insane moments?
2. What does Ferrell find at the bonfire after realizing that Ralph and CCF didn't use their tickets to board the ship?
3. How does Ralph look when Ferrell finds him in town?
4. What crimes is Ahmed arrested for?
5. What is the subject of, and to whom, has Ralph been sending anonymous telegrams about CCF?
6. How does Ralph die?
7. What is the fabricated tale Marlow tells Paul?
8. What happens when Ahmed returns to Ralph's site and demands money?
9. When does Ralph want to bring Lord Carnarvon to his dig?
10. What does Ralph place in the first and second chambers after he decorates the first chamber?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does time affect the events in the story and how it is told by others? Support your answer with evidence from the book.
Essay Topic 2
How does the structure of the book influence the way in which the story is presented? Use specific examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
How does the ending of the book flow logically from the plot? Cite examples from the text to support your answer.
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)