|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ferrell find living at Ralph's old villa?
2. Why does Carter come by to deliver Ralph a letter?
3. Ahmed is arrest for theft of what?
4. After Ralph has finished with the columns, what does he use to open the next door?
5. When Ferrell finally meets Ralph, to what does Ferrell attribute the odor surrounding Ralph?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do the various characters in the book lack common sense? What implications does this lack of common sense have for their futures? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What is the Tomb Paradox, and how does it help Ralph rationalize his behavior? Cite specific examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
How does greed and personal success motivate the various characters in the book? Compare/contrast at least three different characters and use specific examples to support your answer.
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)