|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ferrell hire to take him to Ralph's dig?
(a) A policeman.
(b) A guide.
(c) A graduate student.
2. Who is Amr related to?
(a) Ralph's barber.
(b) Ralph's cook.
(c) Ralph's accountant.
(d) Ralph's real estate agent.
3. Who bars Ralph from making any more inquiries about wired funds?
(a) The government.
(b) The bank.
(d) The doctor.
4. Marlowe says that after going on a trip with Paul, he will return to what?
(a) A calm life.
(b) Life at Oxford.
(c) His duties.
(d) Normal life.
5. When he tells his story of Marlowe and Caldwell's deaths, Ferrell detects what type of behavior from Ralph?
Short Answer Questions
1. In a letter discovered after her death, Margaret tells Ralph about how Ferrell turned her and CCF against him? What kind of letter was it?
2. Where does Ferrell find the cigars from CCF?
3. What does Atum-hadu try to do to his queen?
4. What is the "ologist" name for someone with Ralph's interests?
5. Carter comes to Ralph's villa at night and mentions that what character may have romantic feelings for Ralph?
Short Essay Questions
1. Ralph is in what state when the police officer sent by Carter finds him?
2. What does Ferrell find at the bonfire after realizing that Ralph and CCF didn't use their tickets to board the ship?
3. What is the real truth about the cat in the seventh room?
4. What is the subject of, and to whom, has Ralph been sending anonymous telegrams about CCF?
5. What did Ralph do to the columns in the sixth room?
6. According to Ralph's translations, why does Atum-hadu try to stab his new queen?
7. What crimes is Ahmed arrested for?
8. What does Ahmed tell Ralph, that Ralph takes as a sign of Carter's failure?
9. Why does Marlowe invite Paul to visit the Valley of the Kings with him?
10. What is the Chamber of Mysteries?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)