|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A telegram from CCF to Ralph promises to send money but also requests details of what?
(a) Ralph's finds.
(b) Ralph's work.
(c) The treasures.
(d) The official credentials.
2. According to Ralph, whose mysteries and riddles remain unsolved for millennia?
3. What does Ralph do to the first chamber after he goes insane?
(a) Makes it his home.
(b) Closes it off from the others.
(c) Decorates it.
(d) Demolishes it.
4. What criticism does Ralph level at Carter's find?
(a) That the find was faked.
(b) That it's really his find.
(c) That Carter's find was accidental.
(d) That it's a minor king not worthy of attention.
5. Who does Ralph meet while at Carter's site?
(a) Lord Canterbury.
(b) Lord Carnarvon.
(c) Lord Carter.
(d) Lord Carnelion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ahmed awakens Ralph and says that he and the workers are going to work for whom?
2. Marlowe invites Paul to visit where on a four day pass?
3. On Sunday, December 17th, what shows up in the seventh room?
4. Who bars Ralph from making any more inquiries about wired funds?
5. Why does Quint think that Ralph survived the war and didn't die?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Ralph's translations, who is Atum-hadu's new queen?
2. What does Ahmed tell Ralph, that Ralph takes as a sign of Carter's failure?
3. How does Ralph die?
4. What does Ralph place in the first and second chambers after he decorates the first chamber?
5. How does Ferrell know that Ralph is lying, and what is Ralph lying to Ferrell about?
6. Why does Marlowe invite Paul to visit the Valley of the Kings with him?
7. How does Ralph look when Ferrell finds him in town?
8. What does Sonia Nordquist offer Ralph when she visits him at his site?
9. What did Ralph do to the columns in the sixth room?
10. What impact does Ralph believe archaeologists have on ancient history?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)