|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Ralph tries to open the ninth chamber?
(a) He goes mad.
(b) He goes to sleep.
(c) He collapses.
(d) He cries.
2. CCF sends Ralph a telegram that asks if _____ is accepting investments.
3. Why does Quint think that Ralph survived the war and didn't die?
(a) He heard about a Columbia professor and his interest in Atum-hadu.
(b) He heard about an NYU professor and his interest in Atum-hadu.
(c) He heard about a Harvard professor and his interest in Atum-hadu.
(d) He heard about an Oxford professor and his interest in Atum-hadu.
4. Marlowe tells Paul a fabricated story of how he and Ralph found what?
(a) The Admonitions of Atum-hadu.
(b) The Discourses of Atum-hatu.
(c) The Apology of Atum-hatu.
(d) The Poetry of Atum-hadu.
5. In Ralph's last, insane moment, he equates his name with what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Marlowe invite Paul to go with him on their four day pass?
2. Carter comes to Ralph's villa at night and mentions that what character may have romantic feelings for Ralph?
3. Where have the Lord and Lady, who were at Carter's site, gone to?
4. What is the cryptic abbreviation that Ralph sends on a telegram to Margaret?
5. Who, according to Ralph's translations, prepares Atum-hadu for the underworld afterlife?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ahmed tell Ralph, that Ralph takes as a sign of Carter's failure?
2. What crimes is Ahmed arrested for?
3. How does Ralph describe the mummified cat that shows up in the seventh room?
4. What did Ralph do to the columns in the sixth room?
5. How does Ralph look when Ferrell finds him in town?
6. What happens when Ahmed returns to Ralph's site and demands money?
7. What does Sonia Nordquist offer Ralph when she visits him at his site?
8. When does Ralph want to bring Lord Carnarvon to his dig?
9. What is the real truth about the cat in the seventh room?
10. How does Ralph die?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)