|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In a letter discovered after her death, Margaret tells Ralph about how Ferrell turned her and CCF against him? What kind of letter was it?
(a) Lost letter.
(b) Forgotten letter.
(c) Love letter.
(d) Unsent letter.
2. Who does Ferrell find living at Ralph's old villa?
(a) Carter's wife.
(b) Two journalists.
(c) Two photographers.
3. What criticism does Ralph level at Carter's find?
(a) That it's a minor king not worthy of attention.
(b) That the find was faked.
(c) That it's really his find.
(d) That Carter's find was accidental.
4. What does Ahmed steal from Ralph?
(a) His best gramophone.
(b) His jewelry.
(c) His money.
(d) His car.
5. When Ferrell finally meets Ralph, to what does Ferrell attribute the odor surrounding Ralph?
(a) Ralph's infected eye.
(b) Ralph's infected torso.
(c) Ralph's infected leg.
(d) Ralph's infected arm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Amr related to?
2. Who, according to Ralph's writings, orders him to fetch chemicals?
3. Why does Carter come by to deliver Ralph a letter?
4. What is in the package that ter Breuggen sends Margaret?
5. What does Ferrell find at the site of the bonfire?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sonia Nordquist offer Ralph when she visits him at his site?
2. What impact does Ralph believe archaeologists have on ancient history?
3. How does Ralph die?
4. What is the fabricated tale Marlow tells Paul?
5. When does Ralph want to bring Lord Carnarvon to his dig?
6. Why does Marlowe invite Paul to visit the Valley of the Kings with him?
7. How does Ferrell know that Ralph is lying, and what is Ralph lying to Ferrell about?
8. What does Ralph place in the first and second chambers after he decorates the first chamber?
9. What does Ralph equate his name with, in his last, insane moments?
10. What does Ferrell find at the bonfire after realizing that Ralph and CCF didn't use their tickets to board the ship?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)