Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ralph say is the problem with putting riches into a tomb?
(a) Aging of the riches.
(b) Getting them into the tomb to begin with.
(c) Theft of the riches.
(d) Loss of the riches.
2. What is the location of Ralph's villa?
(a) Nile valley.
3. Ralph's injury and what keep him away from the dig for three days?
(a) Lack of funds.
4. What is left out of all ancient Egyptian writing?
5. How are the columns in the sixth room decorated?
(a) They are painted with scrolls.
(b) They are unpainted.
(c) They are painted red.
(d) They are painted with pictures.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the square yardage of the area that Ralph orders his workers to stake out for trench digging?
2. In order to continue his work on the valley floor, Ralph needs what?
3. How does ter Breuggen fire Ralph?
4. Why does Ralph guard the tomb himself while the third door is being plastered?
5. Who is Margaret Finneran?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the very first entry of the book, what does Ralph want Margaret to know about the letter he is writing?
2. Why does Ralph cut the pay of his workers?
3. Why is Ferrell not looking forward to his trip to Boston?
4. What is the Chamber of Mysteries?
5. Why does Marlowe invite Paul to visit the Valley of the Kings with him?
6. What does Sonia Nordquist offer Ralph when she visits him at his site?
7. How did Ralph hurt his foot?
8. Why does Margaret want Ralph to return to Boston?
9. What is the explanation that Margaret gives for her odd initial letter to Ralph?
10. When Margaret writes Ralph and complains of boredom, what does she ask him to let her do?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)