|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Ralph has to leave Fragment C in Egypt, who does he leave it with?
2. According to Ralph, what was Margaret doing when she and Ralph first met?
(a) Staring at him from the front row.
(b) Sitting in the front row.
(c) Taking notes in the front row.
(d) Dozing in the front row.
3. Margaret gave Ralph a sculpture of what before he left?
(a) A dragon.
(b) A cat.
(c) A tomb.
4. When did Paul Caldwell go missing?
(a) End of World War I.
(b) End of Egyptian-Syrian War.
(c) End of Australian Independence War.
(d) End of World War II.
5. What is CCF's relationship to Margaret?
(a) Her suitor.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ralph think Margaret's letter is puzzling?
2. With the intention of greasing the bureaucratic skids, Ralph goes to the office of the Director General of what?
3. From what dynasty is King Atum-hadu?
4. With what does Ralph seal the tomb?
5. Before Ralph leaves to his villa, how many suits does he pick up from the tailor?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Margaret want Ralph to return to Boston?
2. How did Ralph hurt his foot?
3. What is the Chamber of Mysteries?
4. How does Ralph describe the mummified cat that shows up in the seventh room?
5. How does Ferrell know that Ralph is lying, and what is Ralph lying to Ferrell about?
6. How do the Director General and Carter show that they do not respect Ralph?
7. Why does Ralph have to scout a route to his dig area?
8. What is Ferrell's theory of human behavior?
9. Why did Paul join the army?
10. What is the explanation that Margaret gives for her odd initial letter to Ralph?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)