|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what dynasty is King Atum-hadu?
(a) XVI Dynasty.
(b) XIII Dynasty.
(c) XI Dynasty.
(d) XV Dynasty.
2. Margaret says that she wants to accompany Ralph on his next dig because she is what?
(b) Sad he is gone.
(d) Pining for him.
3. What does Ralph lower past the smooth stone once they remove it from the cliff face?
(a) A candle.
(b) A light.
(c) A rope.
(d) A lantern.
4. According to Ralph, what was Margaret doing when she and Ralph first met?
(a) Taking notes in the front row.
(b) Sitting in the front row.
(c) Staring at him from the front row.
(d) Dozing in the front row.
5. Why does Ralph have to take a route to his dig site that will keep him out of sight?
(a) He doesn't have the money to dig.
(b) He doesn't want anyone else to dig where he is digging.
(c) He doesn't have official approval to dig.
(d) He doesn't want Carter to see him go to the dig site.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the cats outside Ralph's villa remind him of?
2. Where are Len and Sonia Nordquist from?
3. What does Ralph see beyond the smooth stone removed from the cliff?
4. Who is CCF?
5. While Ralph and Ahmed are eating supper, what do the other men do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some examples Ralph gives of bad translations of Atum-hadu's poetry?
2. Why does Ralph have to scout a route to his dig area?
3. How do the Director General and Carter show that they do not respect Ralph?
4. Describe the series of murders Ralph says took place in order to secure the location of the tomb.
5. Why does Ralph hire Ahmed to be the head of his excavation team?
6. Why does Ralph cut the pay of his workers?
7. Who is Ferrell?
8. What is the problem with the second door?
9. Why does Margaret want Ralph to return to Boston?
10. What is found beyond the sixth door?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)