|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Ralph has to leave Fragment C in Egypt, who does he leave it with?
2. Where did Barnabas Davies work in his youth?
(a) Merchant Navy.
(b) Coast Guard.
(c) Merchant Marines.
(d) Coastal Patrol.
3. What type of poetry did Atum-hadu write?
4. According to Farrell, what kind of addiction does Margaret have?
5. What does Ralph say is the problem with putting riches into a tomb?
(a) Theft of the riches.
(b) Loss of the riches.
(c) Getting them into the tomb to begin with.
(d) Aging of the riches.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ralph study that caused the village vicar to beat him?
2. With the intention of greasing the bureaucratic skids, Ralph goes to the office of the Director General of what?
3. What is left out of all ancient Egyptian writing?
4. What is the name of the man Ralph hires to be head of his excavation team?
5. What do the investors in Ralph's first expedition have in common?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ralph think that Atum-hadu's tomb has been hidden since the beginning?
2. In the very first entry of the book, what does Ralph want Margaret to know about the letter he is writing?
3. What is one of the problems with translating written Egyptian?
4. What are the instructions that Ralph gives Margaret about publishing his book?
5. What is Ferrell's theory of human behavior?
6. Why does Ralph hire Ahmed to be the head of his excavation team?
7. How do the Director General and Carter show that they do not respect Ralph?
8. What are some examples Ralph gives of bad translations of Atum-hadu's poetry?
9. Why does Ralph cut the pay of his workers?
10. What does the first day at the dig for Ralph, Ahmed and a few workers entail?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)