|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Since Ralph believes he will soon be receiving money by wire, who does he give money to?
(a) The working women.
(b) The government.
(c) The church.
(d) The poor.
2. What does Ralph want Margaret to publish as the last section of his first book?
(a) The Tomb Problem.
(b) The Tomb Paradox.
(c) The Tomb Solution.
(d) The Tomb Question.
3. Who is CCF?
(a) Chester Crawford Finneran.
(b) Chester Curtis Fennder.
(c) Chester Chaplain Franklin.
(d) Chester Charles Finnegan.
4. Where is Ralph when he writes the first letter to Margaret?
5. While Ralph and Ahmed are eating supper, what do the other men do?
(a) Fill up the dig site with sand.
(b) Smash the 4th, 5th and 6th doors.
(c) Smash the whole dig site.
(d) Steal everything from the dig site.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the square yardage of the area that Ralph orders his workers to stake out for trench digging?
2. How many columns are in the room with the seventh door?
3. What is in the third room?
4. What was Ralph doing on stage when he and Margaret first met?
5. What does Ralph tell CCF when he asks for clarification on Ralph's Oxford studies?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Ralph, what is the Tomb Paradox?
2. Why does Ralph have to scout a route to his dig area?
3. Why does Ralph cut the pay of his workers?
4. In the very first entry of the book, what does Ralph want Margaret to know about the letter he is writing?
5. Why does Ralph hire Ahmed to be the head of his excavation team?
6. Describe the staircase that Ralph visits at Carter's site.
7. What happens between Ferrell and Margaret during their first meeting?
8. Why does Ralph start guarding the tomb himself, after the plaster is on the third door?
9. How does CCF react to the news that Ralph has found the tomb?
10. Why does Margaret want Ralph to return to Boston?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)