|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When a second worker gets hurt, where does Ralph send everyone for help?
(a) To Cairo.
(b) Into town.
(c) To Carter's dig site.
(d) To the hospital.
2. What does the smooth rock in the cliff face turn out to be?
(a) A stone box.
(b) A stone crypt.
(c) A stone wall.
(d) A stone door.
3. Margaret writes to Ralph about Ferrell and says that she cannot believe Ralph and who were ever friends?
4. What does Ralph tell CCF when he asks for clarification on Ralph's Oxford studies?
(a) A listing of his professors at Oxford.
(b) A geographic description of Oxford.
(c) A description of his classes at Oxford.
(d) A description of his dorm at Oxford.
5. What does Ferrell say is one of the motives for human behavior?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Margaret Finneran?
2. What does Ralph see beyond the smooth stone removed from the cliff?
3. Where is Ralph when he writes the first letter to Margaret?
4. When Ralph picks up the telegram from CCF that promises the funds are going to be wired now that he has found the door, who else has sent him a letter?
5. What does Ralph lower past the smooth stone once they remove it from the cliff face?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the very first entry of the book, what does Ralph want Margaret to know about the letter he is writing?
2. How do the Director General and Carter show that they do not respect Ralph?
3. Why does Ralph hire Ahmed to be the head of his excavation team?
4. How does CCF react to the news that Ralph has found the tomb?
5. Why does Ralph let all of his workers go into town after he is hurt?
6. What is found beyond the sixth door?
7. What happens between Ferrell and Margaret during their first meeting?
8. What is Ferrell's theory of human behavior?
9. How does Ralph get a look inside the tomb?
10. Why does Ralph think that Atum-hadu's tomb has been hidden since the beginning?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)