|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ferrell live when he contacts Laurence Macy?
(a) A hospital in Sydney.
(b) A nursing home in Sydney.
(c) A mansion in Sydney.
(d) A hotel in Sydney.
2. What is CCF's relationship to Margaret?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her suitor.
3. The first day of the dig involves looking for signs of the tomb where?
(a) At the lower level of a cliff.
(b) In the valley in the desert.
(c) At the lower level of the plains.
(d) On the sides of hills.
4. When a second worker gets hurt, where does Ralph send everyone for help?
(a) To Cairo.
(b) Into town.
(c) To Carter's dig site.
(d) To the hospital.
5. When Ralph orders Ahmed to purchase a gate and padlock, how many days does he give Ahmed to return to the tomb?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Egyptian royalty do to their bodies to gain immortality?
2. When did Ferrell meet Margaret?
3. On Monday, November 6, 1922, Ralph pays his workers and sends them home because he is what?
4. How does Ralph describe the estate he grew up on in his letter to Margaret?
5. When Ralph recovers from his illness, what time of day does he visit Carter's find?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Ralph receives a telegram from CCF asking for clarification of his Oxford studies, what does Ralph reply with?
2. Why is Ferrell not looking forward to his trip to Boston?
3. Why does Ralph cut the pay of his workers?
4. What is the problem with the second door?
5. Why does Margaret want Ralph to return to Boston?
6. Describe the party CCF threw for Ralph and Margaret.
7. What does the letter from ter Breuggen to Ralph at the beginning or Ralph's dig say?
8. What is the explanation that Margaret gives for her odd initial letter to Ralph?
9. Why does Ralph start guarding the tomb himself, after the plaster is on the third door?
10. What are some examples Ralph gives of bad translations of Atum-hadu's poetry?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)