|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Len and Sonia Nordquist from?
(a) New York.
2. Ralph believes that Michel Vassal translated Atum-hadu's poetry to please whom?
(a) The French Government.
(b) The Italian Government.
(c) The Spanish Government.
(d) The English Government.
3. The first day of the dig involves marking the top of what for rope placements?
(a) The hill.
(b) The tomb.
(c) The hole.
(d) The cliff.
4. How does ter Breuggen fire Ralph?
(a) In a letter.
(b) In a cable.
(c) In a telegram.
(d) In a telephone call.
5. On Monday, November 6, 1922, Ralph pays his workers and sends them home because he is what?
(a) Too ill at heart to work.
(b) Too tired to work.
(c) Too sad about his firing to work.
(d) Too sick to work.
Short Answer Questions
1. When they slide the second door enough for Ralph to get a look, what does he think he sees?
2. After Ralph seals the tomb, he orders Ahmed to hire what?
3. Why does Ralph guard the tomb himself while the third door is being plastered?
4. Ralph picks what villa to live close to?
5. What does Ralph say is the problem with putting riches into a tomb?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Margaret want Ralph to return to Boston?
2. In the very first entry of the book, what does Ralph want Margaret to know about the letter he is writing?
3. What are some examples Ralph gives of bad translations of Atum-hadu's poetry?
4. Describe the series of murders Ralph says took place in order to secure the location of the tomb.
5. Why does Ralph cut the pay of his workers?
6. Why does Ralph hire Ahmed to be the head of his excavation team?
7. What does the first day at the dig for Ralph, Ahmed and a few workers entail?
8. What is the explanation that Margaret gives for her odd initial letter to Ralph?
9. What is the problem with the second door?
10. Describe the cats that are outside Ralph's villa when he wakes up.
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)