|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before Ralph leaves to his villa, how many suits does he pick up from the tailor?
2. How is Ralph planning to travel down the Nile River to his field villa?
(a) By camel.
(b) By raft.
(c) By boat.
(d) By jeep.
3. Who is CCF?
(a) Chester Curtis Fennder.
(b) Chester Chaplain Franklin.
(c) Chester Charles Finnegan.
(d) Chester Crawford Finneran.
4. What do the investors in Ralph's first expedition have in common?
(a) They are wealthy men from trade and speculation.
(b) They are wealthy men from construction and finance.
(c) They are wealthy men from politics and law.
(d) They are wealthy men from finance and medicine.
5. What does the smooth rock in the cliff face turn out to be?
(a) A stone crypt.
(b) A stone wall.
(c) A stone box.
(d) A stone door.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ralph guard the tomb himself while the third door is being plastered?
2. Who is Howard Carter?
3. What is in the third room?
4. Where does Margaret say she will go if she cannot accompany Ralph on his next dig?
5. The first day of the dig involves marking the top of what for rope placements?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the problem with the second door?
2. In the very first entry of the book, what does Ralph want Margaret to know about the letter he is writing?
3. What is one of the problems with translating written Egyptian?
4. Why does Ralph hire Ahmed to be the head of his excavation team?
5. Why does Ralph let all of his workers go into town after he is hurt?
6. Describe the staircase that Ralph visits at Carter's site.
7. What does the letter from ter Breuggen to Ralph at the beginning or Ralph's dig say?
8. When Ralph receives a telegram from CCF asking for clarification of his Oxford studies, what does Ralph reply with?
9. Who is Ferrell?
10. Describe the cats that are outside Ralph's villa when he wakes up.
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)