|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When a second worker gets hurt, where does Ralph send everyone for help?
(a) To Carter's dig site.
(b) To the hospital.
(c) Into town.
(d) To Cairo.
2. When Margaret writes to Ralph and Ferrell about Cornelius Macy, what does she tease Ralph about?
3. Ferrell believes that Ralph is what?
(b) A good scholar.
(c) A conman.
(d) A bad writer.
4. Margaret says that she wants to accompany Ralph on his next dig because she is what?
(a) Sad he is gone.
(c) Pining for him.
5. When did Paul Caldwell go missing?
(a) End of Egyptian-Syrian War.
(b) End of World War II.
(c) End of World War I.
(d) End of Australian Independence War.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is it easy for Ralph and Ahmed to line up a few workers for their dig?
2. In order to continue his work on the valley floor, Ralph needs what?
3. What does Ralph do to the tomb of King Atum-hadu after his first expedition?
4. The floor of the first empty room slants in what direction?
5. The first day of the dig involves marking the top of what for rope placements?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reason does the Director General's note give for not letting Ralph dig?
2. Why does Ralph have to scout a route to his dig area?
3. Describe the series of murders Ralph says took place in order to secure the location of the tomb.
4. How do the Director General and Carter show that they do not respect Ralph?
5. Why does Ralph start guarding the tomb himself, after the plaster is on the third door?
6. According to Ralph, what is the Tomb Paradox?
7. Why is Ferrell not looking forward to his trip to Boston?
8. Who is Ferrell?
9. What are the instructions that Ralph gives Margaret about publishing his book?
10. In the very first entry of the book, what does Ralph want Margaret to know about the letter he is writing?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)