|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Howard Carter?
(a) A famous archaeologist.
(b) A private investigator.
(c) A professor at Oxford.
(d) A book critic.
2. What does Ralph lower past the smooth stone once they remove it from the cliff face?
(a) A light.
(b) A lantern.
(c) A rope.
(d) A candle.
3. When does the Director General tell Ralph to come back?
(a) In a week's time.
(d) On a less busy day.
4. What does Oxford not have?
(a) Record of Trilipush's classes.
(b) Record of Trilipush's graduation.
(c) Record of Trilipush's degree.
(d) Record of Trilipush's attendance.
5. After Ralph seals the tomb, he orders Ahmed to hire what?
(a) Better workers.
(b) Smarter workers.
(c) White workers.
(d) More equipment.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Farrell, where does Margaret like to party?
2. How heavy is the smooth stone removed from the cliff face?
3. What does Ralph see beyond the smooth stone removed from the cliff?
4. Ralph picks what villa to live close to?
5. Who is CCF?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ralph hire Ahmed to be the head of his excavation team?
2. According to Ralph, what is the Tomb Paradox?
3. Why did Paul join the army?
4. How does CCF react to the news that Ralph has found the tomb?
5. In the very first entry of the book, what does Ralph want Margaret to know about the letter he is writing?
6. In his childhood, what did Ralph tell the vicar about Egyptian theology that got him beaten?
7. How did Ralph hurt his foot?
8. When Margaret writes Ralph and complains of boredom, what does she ask him to let her do?
9. What are the instructions that Ralph gives Margaret about publishing his book?
10. How do the Director General and Carter show that they do not respect Ralph?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)