|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Ralph and Ahmed are eating supper, what do the other men do?
(a) Fill up the dig site with sand.
(b) Smash the whole dig site.
(c) Smash the 4th, 5th and 6th doors.
(d) Steal everything from the dig site.
2. Ralph picks what villa to live close to?
(a) The Pyramids.
(b) The dig site.
(c) The worker's living place.
(d) Carter's living place.
3. With the intention of greasing the bureaucratic skids, Ralph goes to the office of the Director General of what?
(a) The Permits and Regulations Office.
(b) The Antiquities Service.
(c) The Lands Commission.
(d) The Inspector General.
4. When Terbroogan takes Ferrell into Ralph's office, what is on his desk?
(b) An artifact.
(c) A package.
(d) A letter.
5. When Ralph finds that the funds haven't gone through, where does he have lunch with his real estate agent?
(a) The Explorer's Club.
(b) The Excelsior Club.
(c) The Exclusive Club.
(d) The Excavator's Club.
Short Answer Questions
1. While continuing his search, Ahmed brings news that Carter uncovered what?
2. When Ralph has to leave Fragment C in Egypt, who does he leave it with?
3. Where did Barnabas Davies work in his youth?
4. Why does Ralph guard the tomb himself while the third door is being plastered?
5. According to Farrell, where does Margaret like to party?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does CCF react to the news that Ralph has found the tomb?
2. What does the first day at the dig for Ralph, Ahmed and a few workers entail?
3. When Ralph receives a telegram from CCF asking for clarification of his Oxford studies, what does Ralph reply with?
4. What is Ferrell's theory of human behavior?
5. What are some examples Ralph gives of bad translations of Atum-hadu's poetry?
6. How does Ralph get a look inside the tomb?
7. In his childhood, what did Ralph tell the vicar about Egyptian theology that got him beaten?
8. What are the instructions that Ralph gives Margaret about publishing his book?
9. Why does Ralph let all of his workers go into town after he is hurt?
10. Who is Ferrell?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)