|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ralph's injury and what keep him away from the dig for three days?
(a) Lack of funds.
2. Where does the second door smash?
(a) In the second room.
(b) In the first room.
(c) Outside the cliff.
(d) Outside in the valley.
3. What does Ralph lower past the smooth stone once they remove it from the cliff face?
(a) A candle.
(b) A light.
(c) A rope.
(d) A lantern.
4. Ralph visits Carter's dig and guesses that Carter uncovered what?
(a) A home.
(b) A storage depot.
(c) A granary.
(d) A well.
5. While Ralph and Ahmed are eating supper, what do the other men do?
(a) Smash the whole dig site.
(b) Smash the 4th, 5th and 6th doors.
(c) Steal everything from the dig site.
(d) Fill up the dig site with sand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the investors in Ralph's first expedition have in common?
2. When a second worker gets hurt, where does Ralph send everyone for help?
3. Ahmed tells Ralph of his deep hatred for whom?
4. Before Ralph leaves to his villa, how many suits does he pick up from the tailor?
5. What circus was Paul Caldwell once part of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the first day at the dig for Ralph, Ahmed and a few workers entail?
2. Who is Ferrell?
3. What is the explanation that Margaret gives for her odd initial letter to Ralph?
4. Why did Paul join the army?
5. What is found beyond the sixth door?
6. In the very first entry of the book, what does Ralph want Margaret to know about the letter he is writing?
7. When Margaret writes Ralph and complains of boredom, what does she ask him to let her do?
8. What is the problem with the second door?
9. How does CCF react to the news that Ralph has found the tomb?
10. What happens when one of the workers finds a patch of smooth white rock in the cliff face?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)