|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Terbroogan takes Ferrell into Ralph's office, what is on his desk?
(a) An artifact.
(b) A package.
(c) A letter.
2. Margaret writes to Ralph of Cornelius Macy, whom she met at what location?
(a) JP's speakeasy.
(b) JP's birthday party.
(c) JP's Thanksgiving party.
(d) JP's ball.
3. With the intention of greasing the bureaucratic skids, Ralph goes to the office of the Director General of what?
(a) The Lands Commission.
(b) The Permits and Regulations Office.
(c) The Inspector General.
(d) The Antiquities Service.
4. Who is Howard Carter?
(a) A private investigator.
(b) A professor at Oxford.
(c) A famous archaeologist.
(d) A book critic.
5. After Ralph recites poetry for the Nordquists, they invite him to their cabin for what?
(a) Drinks and dinner.
(b) A séance.
(c) A private reading.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Margaret Finneran?
2. Why does Margaret request that Ralph return to Boston immediately after CCF wires funds to him?
3. When Margaret writes to Ralph and Ferrell about Cornelius Macy, what does she tease Ralph about?
4. According to Farrell, where does Margaret like to party?
5. What did the Egyptian royalty do to their bodies to gain immortality?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ralph describe the mummified cat that shows up in the seventh room?
2. Why does Ralph cut the pay of his workers?
3. What does Ahmed tell Ralph, that Ralph takes as a sign of Carter's failure?
4. How does Ralph get a look inside the tomb?
5. Describe the series of murders Ralph says took place in order to secure the location of the tomb.
6. How do the Director General and Carter show that they do not respect Ralph?
7. What does the first day at the dig for Ralph, Ahmed and a few workers entail?
8. What crimes is Ahmed arrested for?
9. Describe the staircase that Ralph visits at Carter's site.
10. What is found beyond the sixth door?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)