|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Ralph doing on stage when he and Margaret first met?
(a) Giving a talk about Egypt.
(b) Giving a talk about his first book.
(c) Giving a talk about his first expedition.
(d) Giving a talk about his research.
2. Who is CCF?
(a) Chester Chaplain Franklin.
(b) Chester Charles Finnegan.
(c) Chester Curtis Fennder.
(d) Chester Crawford Finneran.
3. What is the problem Ralph has with transporting heavy equipment to his site?
(a) It will be noticed.
(b) It will be expensive.
(c) It is hard work.
(d) It will take too long.
4. Who is Howard Carter?
(a) A book critic.
(b) A professor at Oxford.
(c) A private investigator.
(d) A famous archaeologist.
5. Margaret writes to Ralph about Ferrell and says that she cannot believe Ralph and who were ever friends?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ralph guard the tomb himself while the third door is being plastered?
2. While Ralph and Ahmed are eating supper, what do the other men do?
3. Ralph visits Carter's dig and guesses that Carter uncovered what?
4. What does Ralph lower past the smooth stone once they remove it from the cliff face?
5. What is the square yardage of the area that Ralph orders his workers to stake out for trench digging?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Ferrell's theory of human behavior?
2. Why does Margaret want Ralph to return to Boston?
3. When Margaret writes Ralph and complains of boredom, what does she ask him to let her do?
4. Why is Ferrell not looking forward to his trip to Boston?
5. Why does Ralph hire Ahmed to be the head of his excavation team?
6. Why does Ralph think that Atum-hadu's tomb has been hidden since the beginning?
7. In his childhood, what did Ralph tell the vicar about Egyptian theology that got him beaten?
8. What reason does the Director General's note give for not letting Ralph dig?
9. Describe the cats that are outside Ralph's villa when he wakes up.
10. Why did Paul join the army?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)