|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What hotel does Ralph stay at in Cairo in October 1922?
(a) Hotel of the Kings.
(b) Hotel of Papyrus.
(c) Hotel of the Tombs.
(d) Hotel of the Sphinx.
2. What circus was Paul Caldwell once part of?
(a) Flipping Henter Brothers.
(b) Flipping Hullard Brothers.
(c) Flipping Howard Brothers.
(d) Flipping Hoyt Brothers.
3. What does Ralph insist on doing to the third door before attempting to open it?
(a) Surface rub it.
(b) Draw it.
(c) Photograph it.
(d) Plaster it.
4. What is the color of the female cat Ralph finds outside his villa?
5. What do the investors in Ralph's first expedition have in common?
(a) They are wealthy men from construction and finance.
(b) They are wealthy men from finance and medicine.
(c) They are wealthy men from trade and speculation.
(d) They are wealthy men from politics and law.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Ralph picks up the telegram from CCF that promises the funds are going to be wired now that he has found the door, who else has sent him a letter?
2. What does Ralph tell CCF when he asks for clarification on Ralph's Oxford studies?
3. Margaret gave Ralph a sculpture of what before he left?
4. From what dynasty is King Atum-hadu?
5. When Ralph tells CCF of the discovery of the empty room, what does CCF express?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the letter from ter Breuggen to Ralph at the beginning or Ralph's dig say?
2. What are some examples Ralph gives of bad translations of Atum-hadu's poetry?
3. Why is Ferrell not looking forward to his trip to Boston?
4. Describe the staircase that Ralph visits at Carter's site.
5. When Ralph receives a telegram from CCF asking for clarification of his Oxford studies, what does Ralph reply with?
6. How do the Director General and Carter show that they do not respect Ralph?
7. Why does Ralph let all of his workers go into town after he is hurt?
8. What reason does the Director General's note give for not letting Ralph dig?
9. How does CCF react to the news that Ralph has found the tomb?
10. How did Ralph hurt his foot?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)