|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Ralph recovers from his illness, what time of day does he visit Carter's find?
(a) At night.
(b) At dawn.
(c) At dusk.
(d) In the daylight.
2. Ralph speculates that the empty room they first find was meant to do what?
(a) Serve as storage.
(b) Ward off tomb robbers.
(c) Secure the location of the real tomb.
(d) Hide the real entrance.
3. Ralph sends a telegram complaining to CCF after receiving money in his account? Why?
(a) Because he wants Margaret to get medical attention.
(b) Because only a fraction of the money was sent.
(c) Because he wants more money than they agreed upon.
(d) Because he wants Margaret with him.
4. What do the investors in Ralph's first expedition have in common?
(a) They are wealthy men from finance and medicine.
(b) They are wealthy men from trade and speculation.
(c) They are wealthy men from politics and law.
(d) They are wealthy men from construction and finance.
5. How heavy is the smooth stone removed from the cliff face?
(a) 1,000 pounds.
(b) 2,000 pounds.
(c) 500 pounds.
(d) 1,500 pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ralph describe the estate he grew up on in his letter to Margaret?
2. Where is Ralph when he writes the first letter to Margaret?
3. While continuing his search, Ahmed brings news that Carter uncovered what?
4. When does the Director General tell Ralph to come back?
5. What is left out of all ancient Egyptian writing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sonia Nordquist offer Ralph when she visits him at his site?
2. What is Ferrell's theory of human behavior?
3. What does the letter from ter Breuggen to Ralph at the beginning or Ralph's dig say?
4. Why does Ralph let all of his workers go into town after he is hurt?
5. According to Ralph's translations, who is Atum-hadu's new queen?
6. Why does Ralph hire Ahmed to be the head of his excavation team?
7. Why does Margaret want Ralph to return to Boston?
8. What is found beyond the sixth door?
9. Why does Ralph have to scout a route to his dig area?
10. What reason does the Director General's note give for not letting Ralph dig?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)