|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Margaret writes to Ralph about her dream of their first child, what does the first child say?
(a) Nothing but Egyptian mythology.
(b) Nothing but curse words.
(c) Only Egyptian.
(d) Nothing but religious poetry.
2. Why does Ralph think that Professor ter Breuggen resents him?
(a) For not giving Fragment C to the university.
(b) For the popularity of his book.
(c) For being able to go on a dig.
(d) For having Margaret in his life.
3. According to Ferrell, the British government has no record of what?
(a) Trilipush's death.
(b) Trilipush's military service.
(c) Trilipush's birth.
(d) Trilipush's citizenship.
4. How heavy is the smooth stone removed from the cliff face?
(a) 500 pounds.
(b) 2,000 pounds.
(c) 1,000 pounds.
(d) 1,500 pounds.
5. What do the cats outside Ralph's villa remind him of?
(a) His sister's cats.
(b) His mother's cats.
(c) His dogs at home.
(d) His father's hounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Howard Carter?
2. What does Oxford not have?
3. The first opening that Ralph lowers himself into is a ____, never touched by mankind.
4. What is CCF's relationship to Margaret?
5. Ralph's injury and what keep him away from the dig for three days?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the staircase that Ralph visits at Carter's site.
2. What does the first day at the dig for Ralph, Ahmed and a few workers entail?
3. Why does Ralph think that Atum-hadu's tomb has been hidden since the beginning?
4. According to Ralph, what is the Tomb Paradox?
5. Why does Ralph let all of his workers go into town after he is hurt?
6. How did Ralph hurt his foot?
7. Describe the series of murders Ralph says took place in order to secure the location of the tomb.
8. What is the explanation that Margaret gives for her odd initial letter to Ralph?
9. What is found beyond the sixth door?
10. How does CCF react to the news that Ralph has found the tomb?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)