|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Margaret gave Ralph a sculpture of what before he left?
(a) A tomb.
(b) A cat.
(d) A dragon.
2. What does Ralph insist on doing to the third door before attempting to open it?
(a) Plaster it.
(b) Photograph it.
(c) Draw it.
(d) Surface rub it.
3. What hotel does Ralph stay at in Cairo in October 1922?
(a) Hotel of the Kings.
(b) Hotel of the Tombs.
(c) Hotel of the Sphinx.
(d) Hotel of Papyrus.
4. When Ralph picks up the telegram from CCF that promises the funds are going to be wired now that he has found the door, who else has sent him a letter?
5. What does Ferrell say is one of the motives for human behavior?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Paul Caldwell go missing?
2. What did Ralph study that caused the village vicar to beat him?
3. What does Ferrell join to cash in on search fees for Davies' children?
4. When a second worker gets hurt, where does Ralph send everyone for help?
5. When Margaret writes to Ralph about her dream of their first child, what does the first child say?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Ralph receives a telegram from CCF asking for clarification of his Oxford studies, what does Ralph reply with?
2. Why does Ralph hire Ahmed to be the head of his excavation team?
3. According to Ralph, what is the Tomb Paradox?
4. When Margaret writes Ralph and complains of boredom, what does she ask him to let her do?
5. What are some examples Ralph gives of bad translations of Atum-hadu's poetry?
6. What are the instructions that Ralph gives Margaret about publishing his book?
7. Who is Ferrell?
8. Why does Margaret want Ralph to return to Boston?
9. What is the problem with the second door?
10. Describe the cats that are outside Ralph's villa when he wakes up.
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)