|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ralph speculates that the empty room they first find was meant to do what?
(a) Secure the location of the real tomb.
(b) Serve as storage.
(c) Hide the real entrance.
(d) Ward off tomb robbers.
2. Where does Ferrell live when he contacts Laurence Macy?
(a) A mansion in Sydney.
(b) A hotel in Sydney.
(c) A nursing home in Sydney.
(d) A hospital in Sydney.
3. Where are Len and Sonia Nordquist from?
(c) New York.
4. In order to continue his work on the valley floor, Ralph needs what?
(a) More permits and equipment.
(b) More men and permits.
(c) More men and tools.
(d) More equipment and tools.
5. Why does Ralph think Margaret's letter is puzzling?
(a) It is long.
(b) It is written in French.
(c) It is short.
(d) It is written in Italian.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the second door smash?
2. What does Oxford not have?
3. What is the tone of the message Ralph receives from ter Breuggen?
4. Ralph picks what villa to live close to?
5. Ralph sends a telegram complaining to CCF after receiving money in his account? Why?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Margaret want Ralph to return to Boston?
2. According to Ralph, what is the Tomb Paradox?
3. What does the first day at the dig for Ralph, Ahmed and a few workers entail?
4. Describe the staircase that Ralph visits at Carter's site.
5. What are some examples Ralph gives of bad translations of Atum-hadu's poetry?
6. In his childhood, what did Ralph tell the vicar about Egyptian theology that got him beaten?
7. What is one of the problems with translating written Egyptian?
8. What is Ferrell's theory of human behavior?
9. How did Ralph hurt his foot?
10. Why does Ralph cut the pay of his workers?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)