|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Ralph and Ahmed are eating supper, what do the other men do?
(a) Steal everything from the dig site.
(b) Smash the whole dig site.
(c) Smash the 4th, 5th and 6th doors.
(d) Fill up the dig site with sand.
2. After Ralph seals the tomb, he orders Ahmed to hire what?
(a) Better workers.
(b) White workers.
(c) More equipment.
(d) Smarter workers.
3. What did the Egyptian royalty do to their bodies to gain immortality?
(a) Preserve them.
(b) Burn them.
(c) Sink them in water.
(d) Float them on boats.
4. What does Ferrell say is one of the motives for human behavior?
5. What is the problem Ralph has with transporting heavy equipment to his site?
(a) It will take too long.
(b) It will be noticed.
(c) It will be expensive.
(d) It is hard work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What hotel does Ralph stay at in Cairo in October 1922?
2. When Ralph returns to the dig after three days, what are the workers hitting the third door with?
3. What was Ralph doing on stage when he and Margaret first met?
4. What is the name of Margaret's Swedish nurse?
5. When Terbroogan takes Ferrell into Ralph's office, what is on his desk?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the first day at the dig for Ralph, Ahmed and a few workers entail?
2. Why does Ralph let all of his workers go into town after he is hurt?
3. What reason does the Director General's note give for not letting Ralph dig?
4. What are some examples Ralph gives of bad translations of Atum-hadu's poetry?
5. When Ralph leaves the workers to guard the tomb and goes into town, what does he do in town?
6. What is one of the problems with translating written Egyptian?
7. When Ralph receives a telegram from CCF asking for clarification of his Oxford studies, what does Ralph reply with?
8. How do the Director General and Carter show that they do not respect Ralph?
9. Who is Ferrell?
10. What does the letter from ter Breuggen to Ralph at the beginning or Ralph's dig say?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)