|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ralph think that Professor ter Breuggen resents him?
(a) For being able to go on a dig.
(b) For having Margaret in his life.
(c) For the popularity of his book.
(d) For not giving Fragment C to the university.
2. After Ralph seals the tomb, he orders Ahmed to hire what?
(a) More equipment.
(b) Better workers.
(c) Smarter workers.
(d) White workers.
3. According to Ferrell, the British government has no record of what?
(a) Trilipush's citizenship.
(b) Trilipush's death.
(c) Trilipush's military service.
(d) Trilipush's birth.
4. With what does Ralph seal the tomb?
(a) Boards, rock and plaster.
(b) A wooden door and a lock.
(c) A gate and padlock.
(d) Metal bars, plaster and a lock.
5. Why does Ralph think Margaret's letter is puzzling?
(a) It is written in Italian.
(b) It is written in French.
(c) It is short.
(d) It is long.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the smooth rock that one of the workers finds in the cliff face?
2. What does Ralph lower past the smooth stone once they remove it from the cliff face?
3. When Ralph finds that the funds haven't gone through, where does he have lunch with his real estate agent?
4. Margaret writes to Ralph about Ferrell and says that she cannot believe Ralph and who were ever friends?
5. How many columns are in the room with the seventh door?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the problem with the second door?
2. When Margaret writes Ralph and complains of boredom, what does she ask him to let her do?
3. Describe the party CCF threw for Ralph and Margaret.
4. In his childhood, what did Ralph tell the vicar about Egyptian theology that got him beaten?
5. Why does Ralph have to scout a route to his dig area?
6. Why does Ralph hire Ahmed to be the head of his excavation team?
7. What are some examples Ralph gives of bad translations of Atum-hadu's poetry?
8. How does Ralph get a look inside the tomb?
9. Why is Ferrell not looking forward to his trip to Boston?
10. How do the Director General and Carter show that they do not respect Ralph?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)