|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Ralph when he writes the first letter to Margaret?
2. What was Ralph doing on stage when he and Margaret first met?
(a) Giving a talk about his first book.
(b) Giving a talk about his first expedition.
(c) Giving a talk about Egypt.
(d) Giving a talk about his research.
3. What does Terbroogan feel for Trilipush?
4. When Ralph orders Ahmed to purchase a gate and padlock, how many days does he give Ahmed to return to the tomb?
5. How does Ralph describe the estate he grew up on in his letter to Margaret?
(b) In disrepair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ralph believes that Michel Vassal translated Atum-hadu's poetry to please whom?
2. What does Ralph say is the problem with putting riches into a tomb?
3. While Ralph and Ahmed are eating supper, what do the other men do?
4. What is the square yardage of the area that Ralph orders his workers to stake out for trench digging?
5. Where did Barnabas Davies work in his youth?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ralph let all of his workers go into town after he is hurt?
2. What is the explanation that Margaret gives for her odd initial letter to Ralph?
3. Why does Ralph have to scout a route to his dig area?
4. Why does Ralph think that Atum-hadu's tomb has been hidden since the beginning?
5. When Ralph receives a telegram from CCF asking for clarification of his Oxford studies, what does Ralph reply with?
6. What reason does the Director General's note give for not letting Ralph dig?
7. According to Ralph, what is the Tomb Paradox?
8. When Margaret writes Ralph and complains of boredom, what does she ask him to let her do?
9. How did Ralph hurt his foot?
10. Describe the party CCF threw for Ralph and Margaret.
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)