|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Ralph recovers from his illness, what time of day does he visit Carter's find?
(a) In the daylight.
(b) At dusk.
(c) At dawn.
(d) At night.
2. How is Ralph planning to travel down the Nile River to his field villa?
(a) By jeep.
(b) By boat.
(c) By camel.
(d) By raft.
3. The floor of the first empty room slants in what direction?
4. On Monday, November 6, 1922, Ralph pays his workers and sends them home because he is what?
(a) Too sad about his firing to work.
(b) Too ill at heart to work.
(c) Too tired to work.
(d) Too sick to work.
5. Ralph speculates that the empty room they first find was meant to do what?
(a) Ward off tomb robbers.
(b) Secure the location of the real tomb.
(c) Serve as storage.
(d) Hide the real entrance.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Ralph picks up the telegram from CCF that promises the funds are going to be wired now that he has found the door, who else has sent him a letter?
2. What does Ralph tell CCF when he asks for clarification on Ralph's Oxford studies?
3. In order to continue his work on the valley floor, Ralph needs what?
4. How does ter Breuggen fire Ralph?
5. Ahmed tells Ralph of his deep hatred for whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Ferrell not looking forward to his trip to Boston?
2. When Ralph receives a telegram from CCF asking for clarification of his Oxford studies, what does Ralph reply with?
3. Why does Ralph start guarding the tomb himself, after the plaster is on the third door?
4. What is one of the problems with translating written Egyptian?
5. When Margaret writes Ralph and complains of boredom, what does she ask him to let her do?
6. What happens between Ferrell and Margaret during their first meeting?
7. How do the Director General and Carter show that they do not respect Ralph?
8. Why did Paul join the army?
9. Why does Ralph have to scout a route to his dig area?
10. How did Ralph hurt his foot?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)