|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the Director General tell Ralph to come back?
(b) In a week's time.
(c) On a less busy day.
2. Ralph believes that Michel Vassal translated Atum-hadu's poetry to please whom?
(a) The Italian Government.
(b) The English Government.
(c) The French Government.
(d) The Spanish Government.
3. When Ralph returns to the dig after three days, what are the workers hitting the third door with?
(a) Screw drivers.
(b) Sledge hammers.
(c) Pile drivers.
(d) Jack hammers.
4. Ralph sends a telegram complaining to CCF after receiving money in his account? Why?
(a) Because he wants more money than they agreed upon.
(b) Because only a fraction of the money was sent.
(c) Because he wants Margaret with him.
(d) Because he wants Margaret to get medical attention.
5. With the intention of greasing the bureaucratic skids, Ralph goes to the office of the Director General of what?
(a) The Antiquities Service.
(b) The Lands Commission.
(c) The Permits and Regulations Office.
(d) The Inspector General.
Short Answer Questions
1. Margaret writes to Ralph about Ferrell and says that she cannot believe Ralph and who were ever friends?
2. According to Ferrell, the British government has no record of what?
3. When Margaret writes to Ralph and Ferrell about Cornelius Macy, what does she tease Ralph about?
4. Why does Ralph guard the tomb himself while the third door is being plastered?
5. What is in the third room?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ralph think that Atum-hadu's tomb has been hidden since the beginning?
2. Why did Paul join the army?
3. How do the Director General and Carter show that they do not respect Ralph?
4. What is found beyond the sixth door?
5. According to Ralph, what is the Tomb Paradox?
6. What does the letter from ter Breuggen to Ralph at the beginning or Ralph's dig say?
7. Why does Margaret want Ralph to return to Boston?
8. What happens when one of the workers finds a patch of smooth white rock in the cliff face?
9. What is Ferrell's theory of human behavior?
10. What is one of the problems with translating written Egyptian?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)