|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Ralph study that caused the village vicar to beat him?
(a) Egyptian language.
(b) Egyptian theology.
(c) Egyptian writing.
(d) Egyptian history.
2. How does Ralph describe the estate he grew up on in his letter to Margaret?
(a) In disrepair.
3. Where does Ferrell live when he contacts Laurence Macy?
(a) A nursing home in Sydney.
(b) A hospital in Sydney.
(c) A hotel in Sydney.
(d) A mansion in Sydney.
4. What is CCF's relationship to Margaret?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her suitor.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her husband.
5. What is the name of the man Ralph hires to be head of his excavation team?
Short Answer Questions
1. When the workers return from finding help for the second man, what do they bring for Ralph?
2. When Ferrell contacts Laurence Macy III, who is Ferrell asking about?
3. On Monday, November 6, 1922, Ralph pays his workers and sends them home because he is what?
4. Ahmed tells Ralph of his deep hatred for whom?
5. According to Ferrell, the British government has no record of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the staircase that Ralph visits at Carter's site.
2. According to Ralph, what is the Tomb Paradox?
3. How does CCF react to the news that Ralph has found the tomb?
4. What is found beyond the sixth door?
5. Why is Ferrell not looking forward to his trip to Boston?
6. Why does Ralph cut the pay of his workers?
7. In his childhood, what did Ralph tell the vicar about Egyptian theology that got him beaten?
8. Why does Ralph have to scout a route to his dig area?
9. Describe the series of murders Ralph says took place in order to secure the location of the tomb.
10. What does the letter from ter Breuggen to Ralph at the beginning or Ralph's dig say?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)