|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once Don Juan has taught Carlos about ____________, he gives Carlos to Zuleica to learn more.
2. One of the stalker rules is to try to unravel the mysteries without hope of ______________.
3. How long does it take for La Gorda and Carlos to understand what has happened to them in their dream times together?
4. What does Zuleica want Carlos to study well, even as she chides him for staring at her?
5. What sort of disease causes Florinda to seek out the advice of an Indian curer, forsaking her Catholic upbringing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Florinda do when Carlos panics after being asked about Don Juan's teachings?
2. What does Don Juan give as a warning when he gives Carlos to Zuleica?
3. What does Don Juan's benefactor make him do at the start of this section of the book?
4. What does Zuleica's training of Carlos and La Gorda convince them both of, according to the story?
5. What is the memory that La Gorda has about Silvio when she is not dreaming?
6. Why does Zuleica have to work quickly to teach the idea of second attention to the apprentices?
7. What happens when Don Juan and the others explode from within when they are undergoing their training?
8. What comes into focus when La Gorda slims down from her previously larger figure?
9. What does Florinda teach to the Genaros when they are given to her for training?
10. What does Don Juan reveal to Carlos before one of his sessions with Florinda?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Carlos and La Gorda immerse themselves in dreaming, their fear and distrust lifts.
Part 1: Why do you think that fear and distrust leave as a result of dreaming together?
Part 2: Do you think it's possible to be in a relationship with others and not have some fear or distrust?
Part 3: How do you think your life would change without fear or distrust?
Essay Topic 2
Carlos and La Gorda seem to share a bond which can not be easily described. It seems to be a bond in which they can be more powerful together than separate.
Part 1: Why do you think La Gorda and Carlos share a strong bond?
Part 2: Do you think that being with a partner always means that you will have a stronger ability to learn and grow?
Part 3: What might have happened has Carlos and La Gorda not have worked together?
Essay Topic 3
Don Juan has been training Carlos and the others to be warriors in the world.
Part 1: Why do you think that being a warrior is an important role? Do you think it is?
Part 2: How do you think modern day warriors are trained? Are they always soldiers?
Part 3: What do you think would happen if there were no warriors in the world?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)