|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Carlos is told that he must meet with Don Juan's __________, though they will not be able to kill him.
2. Don Juan dispenses with the ritual, but insists on an omen - _______________.
3. Each _________ is taught heightened awareness by his/her warrior counterpart so that he/she might teach others.
4. Naguals have male and female ___________ who live in groupings and who only come together for strenuous tasks.
5. Who is the one who uses sorcerer's arts in order to abduct Olinda, while another plays the rescuer?
Essay Topic 1
Carlos and La Gorda continue to work together, remembering things which they didn't realize they had forgotten.
Part 1: Why do you think certain memories only come up at certain times?
Part 2: Do you think that you have certain memories which you will not be able to remember in the present, but that you will be able to remember in the future?
Part 3: How do you think that you could make old memories resurface in your own mind?
Essay Topic 2
Carlos realizes that there is a Nagual Woman who is also a part of Don Juan.
Part 1: Why do you think it's possible that there is a female counterpart to Don Juan?
Part 2: Is it always necessary to have a female balance to the male energy?
Part 3: How do you think Carlos' training might have been different without the presence of women?
Essay Topic 3
Carlos eventually learns that he must leave La Gorda in order to focus on his own attention.
Part 1: Do you think that it's necessary to learn about one's self alone?
Part 2: How do you think Carlos felt upon having to leave La Gorda for a while?
Part 3: Why do you think the timing was right for Carlos to be leaving La Gorda? Or wasn't it?
This section contains 1,609 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)