|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The warriors are deliberately difficult with Don Juan, forcing a breakthrough on the ___________ side.
2. Eligio tells Carlos about breaking into the __________ and takes him into the abyss with him.
3. Warriors must break the _________ from within when it is the proper time to emerge from their cocoons.
4. Don Juan needs to find a new pair of _________ to serve as Naguals as a part of his training, some of his final training.
5. Don Juan dispenses with the ritual, but insists on an omen - _______________.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Carlos eventually learns that he must leave La Gorda in order to focus on his own attention.
Part 1: Do you think that it's necessary to learn about one's self alone?
Part 2: How do you think Carlos felt upon having to leave La Gorda for a while?
Part 3: Why do you think the timing was right for Carlos to be leaving La Gorda? Or wasn't it?
Essay Topic 2
Carlos is warned that Don Juan's warriors may do anything to him when they meet, though they will not kill him.
Part 1: Why do you think that the warriors are unable to kill Carlos?
Part 2: Do you think that all people need to encounter warriors during their lives?
Part 3: What are some of the lessons that Carlos will learn as a result of meeting the warriors?
Essay Topic 3
Carlos has had experiences in the past which were induced by drugs, though now he is having similar experiences without drugs.
Part 1: What do you think the value of using those hallucinogenic drugs may have been for Carlos?
Part 2: Do you think that drugs are always necessary in order to introduce a person to new experiences?
Part 3: Why do you think that Carlos is now able to have the same experiences he's had in the past, but without drugs?
This section contains 1,605 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)