|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Carlos had only ever been between parallel lines under the influence of ___________________, he thought.
2. Zuleica causes Carlos to have the sensation of sweeping the ____________ from the midpoint of his body.
3. How many principles of stalking does Florinda say that she will be teaching Carlos as he continues working with her?
4. Who is the person who sees that the sisters and the Genaros are not inept, but that Carlos is not the right Nagual?
5. ___________ house is a locus of power, a place where La Gorda and Carlos return after coming back through the fog bank.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the woman tell Carlos after chiding him for his snobbishness while sitting on the bench?
2. What is the difference between men and women, according to the lifestyle of Florinda?
3. What happens during the time when La Gorda and Carlos spontaneously enter their dreaming bodies?
4. What does Don Juan reveal to Carlos before one of his sessions with Florinda?
5. What happens to Don Juan in order to help to cure him of lust during this apprenticeship?
6. What is the memory that La Gorda has about Silvio when she is not dreaming?
7. What comes into focus when La Gorda slims down from her previously larger figure?
8. What is the first of the not-doings which Carlos has to do according to Silvio as he instructs Carlos and La Gorda?
9. What does Florinda teach to the Genaros when they are given to her for training?
10. How does Don Juan approach the woman who he feels is a double woman?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Carlos and La Gorda continue to work together, remembering things which they didn't realize they had forgotten.
Part 1: Why do you think certain memories only come up at certain times?
Part 2: Do you think that you have certain memories which you will not be able to remember in the present, but that you will be able to remember in the future?
Part 3: How do you think that you could make old memories resurface in your own mind?
Essay Topic 2
Carlos eventually learns that he must leave La Gorda in order to focus on his own attention.
Part 1: Do you think that it's necessary to learn about one's self alone?
Part 2: How do you think Carlos felt upon having to leave La Gorda for a while?
Part 3: Why do you think the timing was right for Carlos to be leaving La Gorda? Or wasn't it?
Essay Topic 3
Attention makes the world, Carlos and La Gorda understand this through their teachings.
Part 1: Why do you think that attention is what makes the world?
Part 2: Can there ever be a lack of attention in the world? What would happen?
Part 3: How do you think that your attention wavers in the world? Or is it always focused?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)