|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The warriors are deliberately difficult with Don Juan, forcing a breakthrough on the ___________ side.
2. Zuleica informs Carlos that the impact of the itch makes it easier for students to enter ______________.
3. Don Juan's teacher is severe at times, waiting for ____________ to help themselves, according to Don Juan.
4. What is the animal which Carlos and La Gorda see when they are dreaming together?
5. The woman shows the rare ability to turn off the __________ at will, turning it on and off as she likes.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Don Juan has been training Carlos and the others to be warriors in the world.
Part 1: Why do you think that being a warrior is an important role? Do you think it is?
Part 2: How do you think modern day warriors are trained? Are they always soldiers?
Part 3: What do you think would happen if there were no warriors in the world?
Essay Topic 2
Don Juan may have been the teacher of many, but he was not always perfect in his own actions and lessons.
Part 1: Why do you think ti's important to note that Don Juan is not perfect?
Part 2: Should teachers and leaders always be portrayed as being flawless?
Part 3: What are some of the flaws you've seen in teachers in your life? Does this make you respect them more or less?
Essay Topic 3
La Gorda decides that they need to have a leader among the apprentices so that they might continue to learn, it seems.
Part 1: What is the importance of a leader among those who are trying to learn?
Part 2: Do you think that each of your classes has a leader among the class?
Part 3: How do you choose or designate a leader in your own life?
This section contains 1,598 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)