|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes over for Carlos' guidance, instructing Carlos and La Gorda in not doing exercises?
2. There are also three principles of _____________ for stalkers and three maneuvers of stalking which Florinda will teach as well.
3. Who is the person who sees that the sisters and the Genaros are not inept, but that Carlos is not the right Nagual?
4. What does it take for La Gorda to appear as something completely different from what she was assumed to be in the past?
5. The new band of warriors does not seem to be able to break through to the ________ side.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the difference between men and women, according to the lifestyle of Florinda?
2. What does Don Juan's benefactor make him do at the start of this section of the book?
3. What happens in relation to action when a person is on the left side?
4. What propels La Gorda and Carlos to experience extraordinary clarity and speed up of time?
5. What is the second series of not-doings which Silvio introduces to La Gorda and to Carlos?
6. How might the structure of Naguals be described, according to the story and to Don Juan?
7. What is the sensation that Zuleica elicits in Carlos when they are working together?
8. What happens when Don Juan and the others explode from within when they are undergoing their training?
9. What comes into focus when La Gorda slims down from her previously larger figure?
10. What is the warning that Carlos receives when he is to meet the warriors of Don Juan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Carlos accepts the fate to walk away from the others when he is told that he must, as this is the way of a warrior.
Part 1: Why do you think that Carlos didn't fight the dismissal by the other apprentices?
Part 2: Do you think you would have argued if you were in Carlos' shoes?
Part 3: How do you think you would feel if someone suddenly asked you to leave your position at work or at school?
Essay Topic 2
When Carlos and La Gorda immerse themselves in dreaming, their fear and distrust lifts.
Part 1: Why do you think that fear and distrust leave as a result of dreaming together?
Part 2: Do you think it's possible to be in a relationship with others and not have some fear or distrust?
Part 3: How do you think your life would change without fear or distrust?
Essay Topic 3
La Gorda tells Carlos that losing the human form brings the freedom to remember oneself.
Part 1: Why do you think that losing the human form brings the freedom to remember oneself?
Part 2: What do you think about the idea of losing one's human form? Does this mean death to you?
Part 3: How do you think a person might be able to lose their human form without dying?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)