|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Don Juan's teacher is severe at times, waiting for ____________ to help themselves, according to Don Juan.
2. Eligio tells Carlos about breaking into the __________ and takes him into the abyss with him.
3. During what time of the day must the easterly encounter take place, according to ritual?
4. Who is the one that receives a master plan when he is dreaming, though he does not share it with Carlos?
5. Zuleica is an effective guide into the __________ attention, and is able to work quickly because of a schedule need.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Carlos when he is undergoing his westerly encounter?
2. What is the difference between men and women, according to the lifestyle of Florinda?
3. What does Florinda teach to the Genaros when they are given to her for training?
4. What is the final task of Don Juan as it is outlined in this book's section?
5. Who is guarding the rural house in central Mexico, according to the story?
6. What propels La Gorda and Carlos to experience extraordinary clarity and speed up of time?
7. How can one be sure that a Nagual man truly leads others?
8. What comes into focus when La Gorda slims down from her previously larger figure?
9. How might the structure of Naguals be described, according to the story and to Don Juan?
10. What happens when Don Juan and the others explode from within when they are undergoing their training?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Castaneda seems to be a student of Don Juan's who is never quite done learning with him, even if Don Juan is gone.
Part 1: Do you think that learning is ever something which ends?
Part 2: Why do you think that Castaneda has to continue to learn in his life?
Part 3: In what ways do you think that you still have learning to do? Or are you satisfied with all you have learned so far?
Essay Topic 2
Carlos is warned that Don Juan's warriors may do anything to him when they meet, though they will not kill him.
Part 1: Why do you think that the warriors are unable to kill Carlos?
Part 2: Do you think that all people need to encounter warriors during their lives?
Part 3: What are some of the lessons that Carlos will learn as a result of meeting the warriors?
Essay Topic 3
Carlos accepts the fate to walk away from the others when he is told that he must, as this is the way of a warrior.
Part 1: Why do you think that Carlos didn't fight the dismissal by the other apprentices?
Part 2: Do you think you would have argued if you were in Carlos' shoes?
Part 3: How do you think you would feel if someone suddenly asked you to leave your position at work or at school?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)