|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Nagual woman is taken to the other world to serve as a ___________ to the hidden opening, ensuring the Nagual man leads.
2. Silvio sends La Gorda and Carlos into an oppressively fatiguing and suffocating ________________.
3. It is also imperative that stalkers compress ____________, as every second counts.
4. What happens to Celestino when he decides to accompany Florinda when she decides to go back for another visit?
5. Seers are seen as being luminous _________, having four different sections, their right and left sides with two sections each.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the first of the not-doings which Carlos has to do according to Silvio as he instructs Carlos and La Gorda?
2. What does Don Juan reveal to Carlos before one of his sessions with Florinda?
3. What does the woman tell Carlos after chiding him for his snobbishness while sitting on the bench?
4. What is the final task of Don Juan as it is outlined in this book's section?
5. Who is guarding the rural house in central Mexico, according to the story?
6. What does Don Juan's benefactor make him do at the start of this section of the book?
7. What is the difference between men and women, according to the lifestyle of Florinda?
8. What comes into focus when La Gorda slims down from her previously larger figure?
9. What is the memory that La Gorda has about Silvio when she is not dreaming?
10. How can one be sure that a Nagual man truly leads others?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
La Gorda tells Carlos that losing the human form brings the freedom to remember oneself.
Part 1: Why do you think that losing the human form brings the freedom to remember oneself?
Part 2: What do you think about the idea of losing one's human form? Does this mean death to you?
Part 3: How do you think a person might be able to lose their human form without dying?
Essay Topic 2
The group of apprentices doesn't always see eye to eye on things, with the women often disagreeing with the men.
Part 1: Why do you think the men and the women might not be able to see eye to eye?
Part 2: Would the apprentices be able to learn more if they were always able to see eye to eye?
Part 3: What are some of the benefits to having disagreements with others?
Essay Topic 3
La Gorda decides that they need to have a leader among the apprentices so that they might continue to learn, it seems.
Part 1: What is the importance of a leader among those who are trying to learn?
Part 2: Do you think that each of your classes has a leader among the class?
Part 3: How do you choose or designate a leader in your own life?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)