|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the person who sees that the sisters and the Genaros are not inept, but that Carlos is not the right Nagual?
2. Carlos and La Gorda now possess knowledge too detailed to speculate about its ______________.
3. __________, seeing the Eagle's flux through the ages, interpret the rule of the warrior, according to Don Juan.
4. What is the color of the sandstone and of the fog which La Gorda and Carlos both experience when they dream together?
5. Don Juan needs to find a new pair of _________ to serve as Naguals as a part of his training, some of his final training.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Zuleica's training of Carlos and La Gorda convince them both of, according to the story?
2. What does Don Juan's benefactor make him do at the start of this section of the book?
3. What comes into focus when La Gorda slims down from her previously larger figure?
4. What does Don Juan give as a warning when he gives Carlos to Zuleica?
5. What is the second series of not-doings which Silvio introduces to La Gorda and to Carlos?
6. What happens to Don Juan in order to help to cure him of lust during this apprenticeship?
7. How might the structure of Naguals be described, according to the story and to Don Juan?
8. What does Don Juan reveal to Carlos before one of his sessions with Florinda?
9. Why does Zuleica have to work quickly to teach the idea of second attention to the apprentices?
10. What is the final task of Don Juan as it is outlined in this book's section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Castaneda seems to be a student of Don Juan's who is never quite done learning with him, even if Don Juan is gone.
Part 1: Do you think that learning is ever something which ends?
Part 2: Why do you think that Castaneda has to continue to learn in his life?
Part 3: In what ways do you think that you still have learning to do? Or are you satisfied with all you have learned so far?
Essay Topic 2
Carlos realizes that there is a Nagual Woman who is also a part of Don Juan.
Part 1: Why do you think it's possible that there is a female counterpart to Don Juan?
Part 2: Is it always necessary to have a female balance to the male energy?
Part 3: How do you think Carlos' training might have been different without the presence of women?
Essay Topic 3
Carlos and La Gorda seem to share a bond which can not be easily described. It seems to be a bond in which they can be more powerful together than separate.
Part 1: Why do you think La Gorda and Carlos share a strong bond?
Part 2: Do you think that being with a partner always means that you will have a stronger ability to learn and grow?
Part 3: What might have happened has Carlos and La Gorda not have worked together?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)