|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The controlled folly techniques have everyone thinking that ____________ is Pablito's mother.
2. After Carlos and La Gorda collapse into the dreaming position, they awaken where they begin, with identical ____________.
3. __________ deal with the world as business managers, using "controlled folly" as Carlos and La Gorda experience.
4. What does Carlos gaze at from his wooden crate for hours at a time once he masters his lessons?
5. Eligio tells Carlos about breaking into the __________ and takes him into the abyss with him.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the woman tell Carlos after chiding him for his snobbishness while sitting on the bench?
2. What happens to Don Juan in order to help to cure him of lust during this apprenticeship?
3. What does Florinda do when Carlos panics after being asked about Don Juan's teachings?
4. What comes into focus when La Gorda slims down from her previously larger figure?
5. What is the final task of Don Juan as it is outlined in this book's section?
6. What is the first of the not-doings which Carlos has to do according to Silvio as he instructs Carlos and La Gorda?
7. How can one be sure that a Nagual man truly leads others?
8. What is the memory that La Gorda has about Silvio when she is not dreaming?
9. What does Don Juan's benefactor make him do at the start of this section of the book?
10. Why does Zuleica have to work quickly to teach the idea of second attention to the apprentices?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Don Juan may have been the teacher of many, but he was not always perfect in his own actions and lessons.
Part 1: Why do you think ti's important to note that Don Juan is not perfect?
Part 2: Should teachers and leaders always be portrayed as being flawless?
Part 3: What are some of the flaws you've seen in teachers in your life? Does this make you respect them more or less?
Essay Topic 2
The apprentices are seen as having to work together during their lessons and in their travels.
Part 1: Why do you think that the apprentices have to work together in their studies?
Part 2: Could an apprentice teach themselves what they need to learn? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you prefer to study in groups or by yourself? Why?
Essay Topic 3
La Gorda tells Carlos that losing the human form brings the freedom to remember oneself.
Part 1: Why do you think that losing the human form brings the freedom to remember oneself?
Part 2: What do you think about the idea of losing one's human form? Does this mean death to you?
Part 3: How do you think a person might be able to lose their human form without dying?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)