|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Celestino when he decides to accompany Florinda when she decides to go back for another visit?
2. The new band of warriors does not seem to be able to break through to the ________ side.
3. Who is the person who sees that the sisters and the Genaros are not inept, but that Carlos is not the right Nagual?
4. Naguals are ______ beings, occurring in male/female pairs, according to the teachings of Don Juan.
5. During what time of the day must the easterly encounter take place, according to ritual?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Don Juan give as a warning when he gives Carlos to Zuleica?
2. What does Don Juan reveal to Carlos before one of his sessions with Florinda?
3. What does Don Juan describe as being the warrior's rule?
4. What does Silvio begin to realize about the group of people which has been gathered?
5. What happens to Don Juan in order to help to cure him of lust during this apprenticeship?
6. What does the woman tell Carlos after chiding him for his snobbishness while sitting on the bench?
7. What is the memory that La Gorda has about Silvio when she is not dreaming?
8. What happens when Don Juan and the others explode from within when they are undergoing their training?
9. What does Don Juan's benefactor make him do at the start of this section of the book?
10. What is the difference between men and women, according to the lifestyle of Florinda?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Carlos is shocked by himself when he takes command of the apprentices during one point of the story.
Part 1: Why does taking command feel surprising to Carlos?
Part 2: Does Carlos seem to be a person who is going to be comfortable with being in command?
Part 3: Why do you think that it's hard to be in command of others who are on the same level as you?
Essay Topic 2
When Carlos and La Gorda immerse themselves in dreaming, their fear and distrust lifts.
Part 1: Why do you think that fear and distrust leave as a result of dreaming together?
Part 2: Do you think it's possible to be in a relationship with others and not have some fear or distrust?
Part 3: How do you think your life would change without fear or distrust?
Essay Topic 3
Carlos accepts the fate to walk away from the others when he is told that he must, as this is the way of a warrior.
Part 1: Why do you think that Carlos didn't fight the dismissal by the other apprentices?
Part 2: Do you think you would have argued if you were in Carlos' shoes?
Part 3: How do you think you would feel if someone suddenly asked you to leave your position at work or at school?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)