|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Another principle of stalking is to relax, fear nothing, and let the ____________ guide the stalker in his movement.
2. No one, it seems, is worried about ___________ survival, as this person has been protected in many ways.
3. Who takes over for Carlos' guidance, instructing Carlos and La Gorda in not doing exercises?
4. Florinda teaches the Genaros advanced ____________, including techniques of controlled folly.
5. What is the symbol of the crossing in this section when the apprentices and others become familiar with the third attention at the Eagle's feet?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Don Juan give as a warning when he gives Carlos to Zuleica?
2. What is the warning that Carlos receives when he is to meet the warriors of Don Juan?
3. What is the sensation that Zuleica elicits in Carlos when they are working together?
4. What is the final task of Don Juan as it is outlined in this book's section?
5. What does Zuleica's training of Carlos and La Gorda convince them both of, according to the story?
6. What does Florinda do when Carlos panics after being asked about Don Juan's teachings?
7. What does Florinda teach to the Genaros when they are given to her for training?
8. What propels La Gorda and Carlos to experience extraordinary clarity and speed up of time?
9. What does Don Juan describe as being the warrior's rule?
10. What does Don Juan's benefactor make him do at the start of this section of the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Carlos is warned that Don Juan's warriors may do anything to him when they meet, though they will not kill him.
Part 1: Why do you think that the warriors are unable to kill Carlos?
Part 2: Do you think that all people need to encounter warriors during their lives?
Part 3: What are some of the lessons that Carlos will learn as a result of meeting the warriors?
Essay Topic 2
Dreaming is an important part of the work that Carlos and La Gorda do with each other and within themselves.
Part 1: Why do you think that dreaming is a time when a lot of important work can be done by the apprentices?
Part 2: Do you think that your own dreams are able to help you learn about your life?
Part 3: How do you think that dreaming could help the apprentices to learn more about their power?
Essay Topic 3
When Carlos and La Gorda immerse themselves in dreaming, their fear and distrust lifts.
Part 1: Why do you think that fear and distrust leave as a result of dreaming together?
Part 2: Do you think it's possible to be in a relationship with others and not have some fear or distrust?
Part 3: How do you think your life would change without fear or distrust?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)