|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the color of the sandstone and of the fog which La Gorda and Carlos both experience when they dream together?
2. Who does Don Juan seek out, forsaking his stalker training in the process, according to the story?
3. The art of stalking includes choosing your ______________ and discarding the unnecessary, as seen in the story of Florinda.
4. Seers are seen as being luminous _________, having four different sections, their right and left sides with two sections each.
5. Don Juan's _________ helps him to understand the facts of death, and so Don Juan helps his apprentices, especially Carlos.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens during the time when La Gorda and Carlos spontaneously enter their dreaming bodies?
2. What does Zuleica's training of Carlos and La Gorda convince them both of, according to the story?
3. What does Don Juan reveal to Carlos before one of his sessions with Florinda?
4. What happens when Don Juan and the others explode from within when they are undergoing their training?
5. What does Silvio begin to realize about the group of people which has been gathered?
6. How can one be sure that a Nagual man truly leads others?
7. What propels La Gorda and Carlos to experience extraordinary clarity and speed up of time?
8. What happens to Carlos when he is undergoing his westerly encounter?
9. What is the difference between men and women, according to the lifestyle of Florinda?
10. Why does Zuleica have to work quickly to teach the idea of second attention to the apprentices?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Carlos decides to act as though nothing is wrong, since he feels this is his duty.
Part 1: Do you think it is right to act as though nothing is wrong in your life, even if it is?
Part 2: How do you think Carlos should have acted when he returned to Los Angeles?
Part 3: Why do you think Carlos feels it is his duty to act as though nothing is wrong?
Essay Topic 2
The group of apprentices doesn't always see eye to eye on things, with the women often disagreeing with the men.
Part 1: Why do you think the men and the women might not be able to see eye to eye?
Part 2: Would the apprentices be able to learn more if they were always able to see eye to eye?
Part 3: What are some of the benefits to having disagreements with others?
Essay Topic 3
La Gorda decides that they need to have a leader among the apprentices so that they might continue to learn, it seems.
Part 1: What is the importance of a leader among those who are trying to learn?
Part 2: Do you think that each of your classes has a leader among the class?
Part 3: How do you choose or designate a leader in your own life?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)