|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Carlos and La Gorda collapse into the dreaming position, they awaken where they begin, with identical ____________.
2. The domineering father of the two sisters is going to join them for ____________, according to Vincente.
3. The art of stalking includes choosing your ______________ and discarding the unnecessary, as seen in the story of Florinda.
4. Don Juan shoves Carlos into the fog wall to attain his keenest state of ____________ before meeting with Florinda again.
5. Don Juan's _________ helps him to understand the facts of death, and so Don Juan helps his apprentices, especially Carlos.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the memory that La Gorda has about Silvio when she is not dreaming?
2. What is the sensation that Zuleica elicits in Carlos when they are working together?
3. What is the final task of Don Juan as it is outlined in this book's section?
4. What happens to Don Juan in order to help to cure him of lust during this apprenticeship?
5. What does Florinda do when Carlos panics after being asked about Don Juan's teachings?
6. What happens to Carlos when he is undergoing his westerly encounter?
7. What does the woman tell Carlos after chiding him for his snobbishness while sitting on the bench?
8. What is the first of the not-doings which Carlos has to do according to Silvio as he instructs Carlos and La Gorda?
9. What happens in relation to action when a person is on the left side?
10. How can one be sure that a Nagual man truly leads others?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Attention makes the world, Carlos and La Gorda understand this through their teachings.
Part 1: Why do you think that attention is what makes the world?
Part 2: Can there ever be a lack of attention in the world? What would happen?
Part 3: How do you think that your attention wavers in the world? Or is it always focused?
Essay Topic 2
Carlos and La Gorda continue to work together, remembering things which they didn't realize they had forgotten.
Part 1: Why do you think certain memories only come up at certain times?
Part 2: Do you think that you have certain memories which you will not be able to remember in the present, but that you will be able to remember in the future?
Part 3: How do you think that you could make old memories resurface in your own mind?
Essay Topic 3
Carlos accepts the fate to walk away from the others when he is told that he must, as this is the way of a warrior.
Part 1: Why do you think that Carlos didn't fight the dismissal by the other apprentices?
Part 2: Do you think you would have argued if you were in Carlos' shoes?
Part 3: How do you think you would feel if someone suddenly asked you to leave your position at work or at school?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)