|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Another name for second attention is the ____________ of consciousness, according to Don Juan and to La Gorda.
2. La Gorda and Carlos rest together on the favorite ___________ of Don Juan and of Don Genaro.
3. The apprentices get the feeling that they are supposed to go _______, never to return home again.
4. Which group has been cold to Carlos up until the point that they begin to remember some forgotten past deed?
(a) The Tonals.
(b) The Naguals.
(c) The men.
(d) The little sisters.
5. Who is the apprentice to suggest that the students should immerse themselves in dreaming?
(a) La Gorda.
6. In the memory of what happened with Silvio, the women remember not being hurt, but being _____________.
(a) Paralyzed with fear.
7. La Gorda decides to divert Carlos into talking about his ______________ when they are together.
(c) Drug use.
8. What does Carlos do when La Gorda insists that Carlos had been a close helper of Silvio's?
(a) Leaves the group
(c) Drowns her.
(d) Nearly kills her.
9. Who tries to stop Carlos from stopping the person who decides to go off to die in the city?
(b) The women.
10. To where does Carlos suggest that he and La Gorda go for a drive when they are talking together?
(a) Los Angeles.
(c) Baja City.
(d) Mexico City.
11. When La Gorda and Carlos go into town, she talks to him about rallying ___________ as they had on the day that the fight broke out.
12. _________ can never be overcome, though it can be accessed while awake when there is more training involved.
(a) Second attention.
(b) First attention.
(d) Third attention.
13. The goal of becoming and learning to be a sorcerer is to reach this luminous _____________.
14. Dona Soledad tells the apprentices that they lack the ____________ to cross over parallel lines and communicate.
15. Who is the one that first mentioned the idea of ghost dreaming, which La Gorda nervously recalls?
(a) Don Juan.
(b) Don Silvio.
(c) Don Genaro.
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is certain that Don Juan and Don Genaro are close by, though this person cannot see them?
2. Where does La Gorda locate everyone in order to bring them back to Arizona?
3. Which of the apprentices decides to run away to Tula in order to die, though Carlos will not let him?
4. The common task of La Gorda and Carlos is the ______________, which is where they can be on the same level.
5. Who pushed Carlos in the airline office, which signifies another power spot for him?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)