|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the memory of what happened with Silvio, the women remember not being hurt, but being _____________.
(d) Paralyzed with fear.
2. One of the structures at the ruins has been destroyed by warriors of the _________ attention, according to some.
3. The common task of La Gorda and Carlos is the ______________, which is where they can be on the same level.
4. Carlos realizes that he has learned to turn off his _________ and he believes that La Gorda is the catalyst.
(c) Thinking side.
(d) Inner dialogue.
5. Who is the character who needs to move back and forth between two areas - Los Angeles and Mexico?
(a) La Gorda.
6. Carlos volunteers to _____________ when La Gorda despairs when seeing the large man blocking their way.
(a) Lead them another way.
(c) Curse him.
7. La Gorda insists they have lived in that house while on the ________ side, so this should have given them power.
8. Where does La Gorda locate everyone in order to bring them back to Arizona?
(b) New Mexico.
9. The apprentices and Carlos decide to go for ____________, which allows them time to talk.
(a) A Sunday drive.
(b) A hot meal at a restaurant.
(c) A nap.
(d) A beer.
10. Carlos remembers when he was a younger apprentice that he was hidden away while ___________ had a lady caller.
(a) Don Recardo.
(b) Don Juan.
(c) Don Silvio.
(d) Don Genaro.
11. Carlos and La Gorda experience the force, but cannot recall the moment when _________ takes over to affect the will.
12. La Gorda says that Carlos' body is just beginning to ____________, just as she is having the same experience.
13. What is Carlos' position among the apprentices which causes him to make the decision to stop the man from going off to die?
14. Who tries to stop Carlos from stopping the person who decides to go off to die in the city?
(c) The women.
15. Which of the apprentices is Carlos closest to? Which one is the one with whom Carlos feels and shares the greatest affinity?
(b) La Gorda.
Short Answer Questions
1. Consciousness is divided into _________ parts, which need to be explored as an apprentice.
2. Carlos recalls dreaming vividly about a Mexican song being played on a __________, as well as a beautiful woman.
3. _____________ is the ultimate master of intent and true chief, who makes Don Juan take care of Carlos.
4. Who is NOT one of the three sisters with whom Carlos is reunited in the story as told in the book?
5. Who pushed Carlos in the airline office, which signifies another power spot for him?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)