|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Carlos recalls that the Nagual woman provides the _______ from which he reads to Don Juan.
2. What is the name of the person who got Carlos the peyote plants he used to need when working with Don Juan?
(c) La Gorda.
3. Who is the one that first mentioned the idea of ghost dreaming, which La Gorda nervously recalls?
(a) Don Genaro.
(b) Don Silvio.
(c) Don Juan.
(d) No one.
4. One time during Carlos' dream, the street becomes a primeval _________ in which Carlos finds himself.
5. Carlos remembers when he was a younger apprentice that he was hidden away while ___________ had a lady caller.
(a) Don Juan.
(b) Don Silvio.
(c) Don Recardo.
(d) Don Genaro.
6. The author, Carlos Castaneda, is a/an ____________from the University of California, Los Angeles.
(a) English professor.
7. Who is NOT one of the three sisters with whom Carlos is reunited in the story as told in the book?
8. Carlos attacked the blobs of light which appeared to be threatening by attacking them on their vulnerable ______ sides.
9. What does Carlos do when La Gorda insists that Carlos had been a close helper of Silvio's?
(a) Drowns her.
(c) Leaves the group
(d) Nearly kills her.
10. How many times do Eligio and Josefina have to snatch La Gorda back from her dreaming at this point of the story?
(a) Four times.
(b) Three times.
11. The apprentices get the feeling that they are supposed to go _______, never to return home again.
12. Don Juan orders Carlos to learn by interacting with __________ to face life's trying situations.
(c) Don Silvio.
(d) La Gorda.
13. The common task of La Gorda and Carlos is the ______________, which is where they can be on the same level.
14. What is Carlos' position among the apprentices which causes him to make the decision to stop the man from going off to die?
15. Once Carlos remembers his ________ side, then the apprentices might be the ones who will work with him as a Nagual.
Short Answer Questions
1. La Gorda decides to divert Carlos into talking about his ______________ when they are together.
2. La Gorda and Carlos begin to remember a woman in a ___________ car from their times with Don Juan.
3. Where does Carlos meet people that he knows when he continues to have his dreams?
4. Name one of the apprentices who is supposed to be the heart of the rattlesnake coupling.
5. Dona Soledad tells the apprentices that they lack the ____________ to cross over parallel lines and communicate.
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)