|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Carlos and La Gorda experience the force, but cannot recall the moment when _________ takes over to affect the will.
2. The apprentices get the feeling that they are supposed to go _______, never to return home again.
3. Who is Don Juan's feminine analogue, according to the remembering of Carlos?
(c) La Gorda.
(d) Nagual woman.
4. Which of the apprentices is Carlos closest to? Which one is the one with whom Carlos feels and shares the greatest affinity?
(c) La Gorda.
5. Where do La Gorda and Lydia go at the beginning of this section, according to the storytelling?
6. Which person, out of duty, decides to act as if nothing is wrong with the situation?
(b) La Gorda.
7. What is the second stage of dreaming in which the light dissipates and the dreamer views a static, frozen tableau?
(a) Dynamic vigil.
(b) Restful vigil.
(c) Dynamic initiative.
(d) Passive witnessing.
8. La Gorda feels that dreaming together with Carlos will be a __________ since they have already done it together.
(a) Piece of cake.
(c) Boring experience.
9. Carlos once, when dreaming, leaves the house through ____________ and has no sensation of moving at all.
(a) Solid walls.
(b) Blocked walls.
(c) Closed doors.
(d) Open windows.
10. The common task of La Gorda and Carlos is the ______________, which is where they can be on the same level.
11. Carlos recalls dreaming vividly about a Mexican song being played on a __________, as well as a beautiful woman.
12. Who says he/she will meet up with Carlos at a later time since they are destined to work together as warriors?
(b) No one.
(c) Don Juan.
(d) La Gorda.
13. __________ reminds everyone that Don Juan promised them that he would give them a sign to leave the world.
14. What is the stage of dreaming in which the dreamer takes action?
(a) Dynamic initiative.
(b) Dynamic vigil.
(c) Passive witnessing.
(d) Restful vigil.
15. Name one of the apprentices who is supposed to be a part of the belly of the rattlesnake.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the apprentices is the one who has lived in the area where the stone ruins rest?
2. The apprentice speaks of the stone ruins in terms of the fearsome _______ and the peaceful tonal structures, which confuses Carlos.
3. Who is NOT one of the Genaros with whom Carlos is reunited in this story as told in the book?
4. What is NOT one of the tasks which the apprentices might have to do when they are dreaming?
5. Carlos remembers when he was a younger apprentice that he was hidden away while ___________ had a lady caller.
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)