|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says he/she will meet up with Carlos at a later time since they are destined to work together as warriors?
(a) No one.
(c) Don Juan.
(d) La Gorda.
2. Which of the apprentices is the one who has lived in the area where the stone ruins rest?
(c) La Gorda.
3. Who is NOT one of the Genaros with whom Carlos is reunited in this story as told in the book?
4. Consciousness is divided into _________ parts, which need to be explored as an apprentice.
5. ___________ allows that Carlos may not have been trying to hurt anyone, but he might be an unwilling envoy.
(a) La Gorda.
6. __________ reminds everyone that Don Juan promised them that he would give them a sign to leave the world.
7. The apprentices get the feeling that they are supposed to go _______, never to return home again.
8. What do the apprentices examine when they come into a new town?
(a) The car.
(b) An old bridge.
(c) A stone.
(d) A new outfit.
9. What is NOT one of the tasks which the apprentices might have to do when they are dreaming?
10. The apprentice speaks of the stone ruins in terms of the fearsome _______ and the peaceful tonal structures, which confuses Carlos.
(b) Don Juan.
11. Where does Carlos meet people that he knows when he continues to have his dreams?
(c) Coffee shop.
12. La Gorda says that Carlos' body is just beginning to ____________, just as she is having the same experience.
13. Who does La Gorda meet with daily with Eligio while dreaming together, something which shocks everyone?
14. Which of the other apprentices knows that they have been there with other men and women?
15. Where does La Gorda locate everyone in order to bring them back to Arizona?
(c) New Mexico.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the second stage of dreaming in which the light dissipates and the dreamer views a static, frozen tableau?
2. What is the preliminary state of dreaming in which the senses grow dormant, though the person is still aware?
3. What is Carlos' position among the apprentices which causes him to make the decision to stop the man from going off to die?
4. Who tries to stop Carlos from stopping the person who decides to go off to die in the city?
5. Carlos has visited ________ where there are stone ruins where colossal figures are said to walk at night.
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)