|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. La Gorda demands nine days of ___________ after she and Carlos have talked, in order to allow for a chance to heal.
2. Carlos recalls that the Nagual woman provides the _______ from which he reads to Don Juan.
3. What do the apprentices examine when they come into a new town?
(a) A new outfit.
(b) An old bridge.
(c) The car.
(d) A stone.
4. Where does Carlos meet people that he knows when he continues to have his dreams?
(a) Coffee shop.
5. Once Carlos remembers his ________ side, then the apprentices might be the ones who will work with him as a Nagual.
6. What is NOT one of the tasks which the apprentices might have to do when they are dreaming?
7. Carlos realizes that he has learned to turn off his _________ and he believes that La Gorda is the catalyst.
(a) Inner dialogue.
(d) Thinking side.
8. One of the structures at the ruins has been destroyed by warriors of the _________ attention, according to some.
9. Carlos volunteers to _____________ when La Gorda despairs when seeing the large man blocking their way.
(a) Lead them another way.
(b) Curse him.
10. Carlos has visited ________ where there are stone ruins where colossal figures are said to walk at night.
(a) Mexico City.
11. Which group has been cold to Carlos up until the point that they begin to remember some forgotten past deed?
(a) The men.
(b) The little sisters.
(c) The Tonals.
(d) The Naguals.
12. Carlos recalls dreaming vividly about a Mexican song being played on a __________, as well as a beautiful woman.
13. Who is the one that first mentioned the idea of ghost dreaming, which La Gorda nervously recalls?
(a) No one.
(b) Don Genaro.
(c) Don Silvio.
(d) Don Juan.
14. Consciousness is divided into _________ parts, which need to be explored as an apprentice.
15. Where does La Gorda locate everyone in order to bring them back to Arizona?
(b) New Mexico.
Short Answer Questions
1. __________ had supposedly gone beyond the wall of fog seeking La Gorda, nearly died, and then recognized no one after that.
2. Who is NOT one of the three sisters with whom Carlos is reunited in the story as told in the book?
3. Who says he/she will meet up with Carlos at a later time since they are destined to work together as warriors?
4. La Gorda feels that dreaming together with Carlos will be a __________ since they have already done it together.
5. La Gorda and Carlos begin to remember a woman in a ___________ car from their times with Don Juan.
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)