|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Another name for second attention is the ____________ of consciousness, according to Don Juan and to La Gorda.
2. As a result of working with the tiger in the dream, Carlos begins to feel more ______________.
3. What is the preliminary state of dreaming in which the senses grow dormant, though the person is still aware?
(a) Passive witnessing.
(b) Restful vigil.
(c) Dynamic vigil.
(d) Dynamic initiative.
4. _________ can never be overcome, though it can be accessed while awake when there is more training involved.
(b) First attention.
(c) Second attention.
(d) Third attention.
5. La Gorda says that Carlos' body is just beginning to ____________, just as she is having the same experience.
6. What is so huge about the tiger who teaches Carlos how to breathe when he is dreaming?
7. The goal of becoming and learning to be a sorcerer is to reach this luminous _____________.
8. __________ had supposedly gone beyond the wall of fog seeking La Gorda, nearly died, and then recognized no one after that.
9. Which of the apprentices decides to run away to Tula in order to die, though Carlos will not let him?
10. What is the name of the person who got Carlos the peyote plants he used to need when working with Don Juan?
(b) La Gorda.
11. Carlos recalls dreaming vividly about a Mexican song being played on a __________, as well as a beautiful woman.
12. Which group has been cold to Carlos up until the point that they begin to remember some forgotten past deed?
(a) The Tonals.
(b) The little sisters.
(c) The Naguals.
(d) The men.
13. The author, Carlos Castaneda, is a/an ____________from the University of California, Los Angeles.
(c) English professor.
14. La Gorda insists they have lived in that house while on the ________ side, so this should have given them power.
15. Where does La Gorda locate everyone in order to bring them back to Arizona?
(a) New Mexico.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carlos do when La Gorda insists that Carlos had been a close helper of Silvio's?
2. Once Carlos remembers his ________ side, then the apprentices might be the ones who will work with him as a Nagual.
3. What is Carlos' position among the apprentices which causes him to make the decision to stop the man from going off to die?
4. Don Juan orders Carlos to learn by interacting with __________ to face life's trying situations.
5. The common task of La Gorda and Carlos is the ______________, which is where they can be on the same level.
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)