|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. La Gorda demands nine days of ___________ after she and Carlos have talked, in order to allow for a chance to heal.
2. The apprentices get the feeling that they are supposed to go _______, never to return home again.
3. What is the name of the person who got Carlos the peyote plants he used to need when working with Don Juan?
(d) La Gorda.
4. Josefina seems to think that Silvio, or the ___________, is on the other side of the bridge.
(a) Red devil.
(b) Orange flame.
(c) Black snake.
(d) Blue devil.
5. Consciousness is divided into _________ parts, which need to be explored as an apprentice.
6. Which of the apprentices is the one who has lived in the area where the stone ruins rest?
(d) La Gorda.
7. What is NOT one of the tasks which the apprentices might have to do when they are dreaming?
8. La Gorda and Carlos begin to argue about whether Carlos has been __________ as they begin remembering.
9. La Gorda decides to divert Carlos into talking about his ______________ when they are together.
(c) Drug use.
10. La Gorda admits to feeling asexually like __________ woman at this certain point of the story.
(d) Don Juan's.
11. Where does La Gorda locate everyone in order to bring them back to Arizona?
(c) New Mexico.
12. When he hears the name of ____________, Carlos gets an odd shiver in his belly and alone sees where this person is.
(a) Dona Soledad.
(b) Don Silvio.
(c) Don Genaro.
(d) Don Juan.
13. La Gorda and Carlos rest together on the favorite ___________ of Don Juan and of Don Genaro.
14. Another name for second attention is the ____________ of consciousness, according to Don Juan and to La Gorda.
15. Who is NOT one of the Genaros with whom Carlos is reunited in this story as told in the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. One of the structures at the ruins has been destroyed by warriors of the _________ attention, according to some.
2. ___________ allows that Carlos may not have been trying to hurt anyone, but he might be an unwilling envoy.
3. What is so huge about the tiger who teaches Carlos how to breathe when he is dreaming?
4. Which of the apprentices is the only one in a good mood, according to the way the story is told?
5. In the memory of what happened with Silvio, the women remember not being hurt, but being _____________.
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)