|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the stage of dreaming in which the dreamer takes action?
(a) Dynamic initiative.
(b) Passive witnessing.
(c) Restful vigil.
(d) Dynamic vigil.
2. La Gorda insists they have lived in that house while on the ________ side, so this should have given them power.
3. How many times do Eligio and Josefina have to snatch La Gorda back from her dreaming at this point of the story?
(b) Three times.
(d) Four times.
4. __________ had supposedly gone beyond the wall of fog seeking La Gorda, nearly died, and then recognized no one after that.
5. One of the structures at the ruins has been destroyed by warriors of the _________ attention, according to some.
6. Who does La Gorda meet with daily with Eligio while dreaming together, something which shocks everyone?
7. La Gorda admits to feeling asexually like __________ woman at this certain point of the story.
(a) Don Juan's.
8. Another name for second attention is the ____________ of consciousness, according to Don Juan and to La Gorda.
9. In the memory of what happened with Silvio, the women remember not being hurt, but being _____________.
(c) Paralyzed with fear.
10. What is the preliminary state of dreaming in which the senses grow dormant, though the person is still aware?
(a) Dynamic initiative.
(b) Dynamic vigil.
(c) Passive witnessing.
(d) Restful vigil.
11. La Gorda decides to divert Carlos into talking about his ______________ when they are together.
(d) Drug use.
12. What is the name of the person who got Carlos the peyote plants he used to need when working with Don Juan?
(c) La Gorda.
13. Name one of the apprentices who is supposed to be the heart of the rattlesnake coupling.
(a) La Gorda.
14. Josefina seems to think that Silvio, or the ___________, is on the other side of the bridge.
(a) Black snake.
(b) Orange flame.
(c) Blue devil.
(d) Red devil.
15. Carlos attacked the blobs of light which appeared to be threatening by attacking them on their vulnerable ______ sides.
Short Answer Questions
1. La Gorda and Carlos rest together on the favorite ___________ of Don Juan and of Don Genaro.
2. How many parts is the rattlesnake which the apprentices are supposed to be making up?
3. To where does Carlos suggest that he and La Gorda go for a drive when they are talking together?
4. Where does the pressure in Carlos' body begin when he is still in Los Angeles?
5. Pablito shares with the groups that the _________ are gigantic 'not doings' which is where warriors dream and use second attention.
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)