|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ___________ allows that Carlos may not have been trying to hurt anyone, but he might be an unwilling envoy.
(b) La Gorda.
2. Carlos and La Gorda experience the force, but cannot recall the moment when _________ takes over to affect the will.
3. Who is the one that first mentioned the idea of ghost dreaming, which La Gorda nervously recalls?
(a) Don Silvio.
(b) Don Genaro.
(c) Don Juan.
(d) No one.
4. The goal of becoming and learning to be a sorcerer is to reach this luminous _____________.
5. Carlos once, when dreaming, leaves the house through ____________ and has no sensation of moving at all.
(a) Blocked walls.
(b) Solid walls.
(c) Open windows.
(d) Closed doors.
6. Which person, out of duty, decides to act as if nothing is wrong with the situation?
(b) La Gorda.
7. Who is NOT one of the three sisters with whom Carlos is reunited in the story as told in the book?
8. La Gorda and Carlos rest together on the favorite ___________ of Don Juan and of Don Genaro.
9. __________says that Silvio gives Carlos all that he is, causing Carlos to not be seen as the leader anymore.
(b) Don Juan.
10. Josefina seems to think that Silvio, or the ___________, is on the other side of the bridge.
(a) Black snake.
(b) Blue devil.
(c) Orange flame.
(d) Red devil.
11. La Gorda demands nine days of ___________ after she and Carlos have talked, in order to allow for a chance to heal.
12. La Gorda and Carlos begin to remember a woman in a ___________ car from their times with Don Juan.
13. In the memory of what happened with Silvio, the women remember not being hurt, but being _____________.
(a) Paralyzed with fear.
14. Carlos feels an intense feeling of __________ right before he suddenly blacks out with the apprentices.
15. La Gorda feels that dreaming together with Carlos will be a __________ since they have already done it together.
(b) Boring experience.
(c) Piece of cake.
Short Answer Questions
1. The common task of La Gorda and Carlos is the ______________, which is where they can be on the same level.
2. Carlos remembers when he was a younger apprentice that he was hidden away while ___________ had a lady caller.
3. Where do La Gorda and Lydia go at the beginning of this section, according to the storytelling?
4. Which of the apprentices is Carlos closest to? Which one is the one with whom Carlos feels and shares the greatest affinity?
5. Which of the apprentices decides to run away to Tula in order to die, though Carlos will not let him?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)