|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is so huge about the tiger who teaches Carlos how to breathe when he is dreaming?
2. Where does La Gorda locate everyone in order to bring them back to Arizona?
(a) New Mexico.
3. Carlos remembers when he was a younger apprentice that he was hidden away while ___________ had a lady caller.
(a) Don Juan.
(b) Don Genaro.
(c) Don Recardo.
(d) Don Silvio.
4. As a result of working with the tiger in the dream, Carlos begins to feel more ______________.
5. Carlos realizes that he has learned to turn off his _________ and he believes that La Gorda is the catalyst.
(c) Thinking side.
(d) Inner dialogue.
6. La Gorda decides to divert Carlos into talking about his ______________ when they are together.
(d) Drug use.
7. __________ reminds everyone that Don Juan promised them that he would give them a sign to leave the world.
8. How many parts is the rattlesnake which the apprentices are supposed to be making up?
9. La Gorda and Carlos begin to remember a woman in a ___________ car from their times with Don Juan.
10. Consciousness is divided into _________ parts, which need to be explored as an apprentice.
11. Don Juan orders Carlos to learn by interacting with __________ to face life's trying situations.
(a) La Gorda.
(d) Don Silvio.
12. To where does Carlos suggest that he and La Gorda go for a drive when they are talking together?
(a) Mexico City.
(b) Baja City.
(d) Los Angeles.
13. Which of the apprentices is the one who has lived in the area where the stone ruins rest?
(d) La Gorda.
14. _____________ is the ultimate master of intent and true chief, who makes Don Juan take care of Carlos.
15. What is NOT one of the tasks which the apprentices might have to do when they are dreaming?
Short Answer Questions
1. The apprentice speaks of the stone ruins in terms of the fearsome _______ and the peaceful tonal structures, which confuses Carlos.
2. _________ can never be overcome, though it can be accessed while awake when there is more training involved.
3. The apprentices get the feeling that they are supposed to go _______, never to return home again.
4. Pablito shares with the groups that the _________ are gigantic 'not doings' which is where warriors dream and use second attention.
5. How many times do Eligio and Josefina have to snatch La Gorda back from her dreaming at this point of the story?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)