|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ___________ allows that Carlos may not have been trying to hurt anyone, but he might be an unwilling envoy.
(b) La Gorda.
2. Carlos attacked the blobs of light which appeared to be threatening by attacking them on their vulnerable ______ sides.
3. Why does Carlos begin to realize what he needs to do within the dream he continues to have?
(a) A voice tells him.
(b) He finds a note.
(c) He doesn't find out what he needs to do.
(d) It continues to recur.
4. Josefina seems to think that Silvio, or the ___________, is on the other side of the bridge.
(a) Orange flame.
(b) Red devil.
(c) Blue devil.
(d) Black snake.
5. To where does Carlos suggest that he and La Gorda go for a drive when they are talking together?
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) Mexico City.
(d) Baja City.
6. The apprentices and Carlos decide to go for ____________, which allows them time to talk.
(a) A hot meal at a restaurant.
(b) A Sunday drive.
(c) A beer.
(d) A nap.
7. What is the preliminary state of dreaming in which the senses grow dormant, though the person is still aware?
(a) Passive witnessing.
(b) Dynamic vigil.
(c) Dynamic initiative.
(d) Restful vigil.
8. _________ can never be overcome, though it can be accessed while awake when there is more training involved.
(b) Third attention.
(c) Second attention.
(d) First attention.
9. Carlos volunteers to _____________ when La Gorda despairs when seeing the large man blocking their way.
(b) Curse him.
(c) Lead them another way.
10. How many times do Eligio and Josefina have to snatch La Gorda back from her dreaming at this point of the story?
(a) Four times.
(b) Three times.
11. Carlos recalls dreaming vividly about a Mexican song being played on a __________, as well as a beautiful woman.
12. Who pushed Carlos in the airline office, which signifies another power spot for him?
(a) Don Silvio.
(b) Don Genaro.
(c) No one.
(d) Don Juan.
13. What is the name of the person who got Carlos the peyote plants he used to need when working with Don Juan?
(c) La Gorda.
14. La Gorda and Carlos begin to remember a woman in a ___________ car from their times with Don Juan.
15. One time during Carlos' dream, the street becomes a primeval _________ in which Carlos finds himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is certain that Don Juan and Don Genaro are close by, though this person cannot see them?
2. What is NOT one of the tasks which the apprentices might have to do when they are dreaming?
3. The apprentices get the feeling that they are supposed to go _______, never to return home again.
4. Which of the other apprentices knows that they have been there with other men and women?
5. Once Carlos remembers his ________ side, then the apprentices might be the ones who will work with him as a Nagual.
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)