|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which group has been cold to Carlos up until the point that they begin to remember some forgotten past deed?
(a) The Naguals.
(b) The Tonals.
(c) The little sisters.
(d) The men.
2. Where does the pressure in Carlos' body begin when he is still in Los Angeles?
(b) Left leg.
3. La Gorda decides to divert Carlos into talking about his ______________ when they are together.
(c) Drug use.
4. Carlos and La Gorda experience the force, but cannot recall the moment when _________ takes over to affect the will.
5. How many parts is the rattlesnake which the apprentices are supposed to be making up?
6. What is the second stage of dreaming in which the light dissipates and the dreamer views a static, frozen tableau?
(a) Dynamic initiative.
(b) Passive witnessing.
(c) Restful vigil.
(d) Dynamic vigil.
7. Name one of the apprentices who is supposed to be a part of the belly of the rattlesnake.
8. The goal of becoming and learning to be a sorcerer is to reach this luminous _____________.
9. Who is the one that first mentioned the idea of ghost dreaming, which La Gorda nervously recalls?
(a) Don Genaro.
(b) Don Juan.
(c) No one.
(d) Don Silvio.
10. _________ can never be overcome, though it can be accessed while awake when there is more training involved.
(a) Second attention.
(c) Third attention.
(d) First attention.
11. What is so huge about the tiger who teaches Carlos how to breathe when he is dreaming?
12. Who is NOT one of the Genaros with whom Carlos is reunited in this story as told in the book?
13. Which of the apprentices is Carlos closest to? Which one is the one with whom Carlos feels and shares the greatest affinity?
(b) La Gorda.
14. In the memory of what happened with Silvio, the women remember not being hurt, but being _____________.
(b) Paralyzed with fear.
15. Fearing for his life, Carlos begins to change, "I will dart past the _________ to be free."
Short Answer Questions
1. Don Juan orders Carlos to learn by interacting with __________ to face life's trying situations.
2. Who is Don Juan's feminine analogue, according to the remembering of Carlos?
3. The author, Carlos Castaneda, is a/an ____________from the University of California, Los Angeles.
4. Pablito shares with the groups that the _________ are gigantic 'not doings' which is where warriors dream and use second attention.
5. Carlos volunteers to _____________ when La Gorda despairs when seeing the large man blocking their way.
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)