|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Carlos has visited ________ where there are stone ruins where colossal figures are said to walk at night.
(a) Mexico City.
2. What is the stage of dreaming in which the dreamer takes action?
(a) Dynamic initiative.
(b) Restful vigil.
(c) Passive witnessing.
(d) Dynamic vigil.
3. Which person, out of duty, decides to act as if nothing is wrong with the situation?
(a) La Gorda.
4. Fearing for his life, Carlos begins to change, "I will dart past the _________ to be free."
5. Who is NOT one of the three sisters with whom Carlos is reunited in the story as told in the book?
6. La Gorda and Carlos begin to argue about whether Carlos has been __________ as they begin remembering.
7. Total ________ consists of the physical body and the luminous body that only seers are able to perceive.
8. Don Juan orders Carlos to learn by interacting with __________ to face life's trying situations.
(a) Don Silvio.
(d) La Gorda.
9. __________says that Silvio gives Carlos all that he is, causing Carlos to not be seen as the leader anymore.
(a) Don Juan.
10. Who is the character who needs to move back and forth between two areas - Los Angeles and Mexico?
(b) La Gorda.
11. Consciousness is divided into _________ parts, which need to be explored as an apprentice.
12. Where does La Gorda locate everyone in order to bring them back to Arizona?
(a) New Mexico.
13. Carlos remembers when he was a younger apprentice that he was hidden away while ___________ had a lady caller.
(a) Don Genaro.
(b) Don Silvio.
(c) Don Recardo.
(d) Don Juan.
14. The goal of becoming and learning to be a sorcerer is to reach this luminous _____________.
15. _________ can never be overcome, though it can be accessed while awake when there is more training involved.
(a) Second attention.
(b) Third attention.
(c) First attention.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tries to stop Carlos from stopping the person who decides to go off to die in the city?
2. La Gorda and Carlos rest together on the favorite ___________ of Don Juan and of Don Genaro.
3. What is the preliminary state of dreaming in which the senses grow dormant, though the person is still aware?
4. Josefina seems to think that Silvio, or the ___________, is on the other side of the bridge.
5. Dona Soledad tells the apprentices that they lack the ____________ to cross over parallel lines and communicate.
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)