|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dona Soledad tells the apprentices that they lack the ____________ to cross over parallel lines and communicate.
2. Josefina seems to think that Silvio, or the ___________, is on the other side of the bridge.
(a) Orange flame.
(b) Red devil.
(c) Blue devil.
(d) Black snake.
3. Consciousness is divided into _________ parts, which need to be explored as an apprentice.
4. What is so huge about the tiger who teaches Carlos how to breathe when he is dreaming?
5. Who is the apprentice to suggest that the students should immerse themselves in dreaming?
(b) La Gorda.
6. Which of the apprentices decides to run away to Tula in order to die, though Carlos will not let him?
7. Carlos volunteers to _____________ when La Gorda despairs when seeing the large man blocking their way.
(a) Curse him.
(b) Lead them another way.
8. Pablito shares with the groups that the _________ are gigantic 'not doings' which is where warriors dream and use second attention.
(b) Bath houses.
9. The common task of La Gorda and Carlos is the ______________, which is where they can be on the same level.
10. Carlos has visited ________ where there are stone ruins where colossal figures are said to walk at night.
(c) Mexico City.
11. Which group has been cold to Carlos up until the point that they begin to remember some forgotten past deed?
(a) The Naguals.
(b) The Tonals.
(c) The little sisters.
(d) The men.
12. What is the preliminary state of dreaming in which the senses grow dormant, though the person is still aware?
(a) Dynamic initiative.
(b) Dynamic vigil.
(c) Restful vigil.
(d) Passive witnessing.
13. Where does La Gorda locate everyone in order to bring them back to Arizona?
(b) New Mexico.
14. One of the structures at the ruins has been destroyed by warriors of the _________ attention, according to some.
15. La Gorda and Carlos begin to remember a woman in a ___________ car from their times with Don Juan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fearing for his life, Carlos begins to change, "I will dart past the _________ to be free."
2. La Gorda feels that dreaming together with Carlos will be a __________ since they have already done it together.
3. Carlos remembers when he was a younger apprentice that he was hidden away while ___________ had a lady caller.
4. Who pushed Carlos in the airline office, which signifies another power spot for him?
5. Name one of the apprentices who is supposed to be a part of the belly of the rattlesnake.
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)