|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To where does Carlos suggest that he and La Gorda go for a drive when they are talking together?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) Mexico City.
(d) Baja City.
2. Who does La Gorda meet with daily with Eligio while dreaming together, something which shocks everyone?
3. Carlos and La Gorda experience the force, but cannot recall the moment when _________ takes over to affect the will.
4. Who is NOT one of the Genaros with whom Carlos is reunited in this story as told in the book?
5. La Gorda and Carlos begin to argue about whether Carlos has been __________ as they begin remembering.
6. The apprentice speaks of the stone ruins in terms of the fearsome _______ and the peaceful tonal structures, which confuses Carlos.
(d) Don Juan.
7. Which of the apprentices is the only one in a good mood, according to the way the story is told?
(d) La Gorda.
8. Carlos attacked the blobs of light which appeared to be threatening by attacking them on their vulnerable ______ sides.
9. Don Juan orders Carlos to learn by interacting with __________ to face life's trying situations.
(a) La Gorda.
(b) Don Silvio.
10. Who is the apprentice to suggest that the students should immerse themselves in dreaming?
(a) La Gorda.
11. Carlos remembers when he was a younger apprentice that he was hidden away while ___________ had a lady caller.
(a) Don Juan.
(b) Don Recardo.
(c) Don Genaro.
(d) Don Silvio.
12. How many times do Eligio and Josefina have to snatch La Gorda back from her dreaming at this point of the story?
(c) Three times.
(d) Four times.
13. Where does the pressure in Carlos' body begin when he is still in Los Angeles?
(a) Left leg.
14. Dona Soledad tells the apprentices that they lack the ____________ to cross over parallel lines and communicate.
15. Name one of the apprentices who is supposed to be the heart of the rattlesnake coupling.
(a) La Gorda.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once Carlos remembers his ________ side, then the apprentices might be the ones who will work with him as a Nagual.
2. The apprentices get the feeling that they are supposed to go _______, never to return home again.
3. Carlos has visited ________ where there are stone ruins where colossal figures are said to walk at night.
4. Who is the character who needs to move back and forth between two areas - Los Angeles and Mexico?
5. Who is certain that Don Juan and Don Genaro are close by, though this person cannot see them?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)