|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. La Gorda and Carlos rest together on the favorite ___________ of Don Juan and of Don Genaro.
2. La Gorda and Carlos begin to remember a woman in a ___________ car from their times with Don Juan.
3. One time during Carlos' dream, the street becomes a primeval _________ in which Carlos finds himself.
4. How many times do Eligio and Josefina have to snatch La Gorda back from her dreaming at this point of the story?
(a) Four times.
(d) Three times.
5. La Gorda says that Carlos' body is just beginning to ____________, just as she is having the same experience.
6. Carlos has visited ________ where there are stone ruins where colossal figures are said to walk at night.
(a) Mexico City.
7. Carlos recalls that the Nagual woman provides the _______ from which he reads to Don Juan.
8. Who is NOT one of the three sisters with whom Carlos is reunited in the story as told in the book?
9. Who tries to stop Carlos from stopping the person who decides to go off to die in the city?
(c) The women.
10. When La Gorda and Carlos go into town, she talks to him about rallying ___________ as they had on the day that the fight broke out.
11. Josefina seems to think that Silvio, or the ___________, is on the other side of the bridge.
(a) Orange flame.
(b) Blue devil.
(c) Red devil.
(d) Black snake.
12. As a result of working with the tiger in the dream, Carlos begins to feel more ______________.
13. What is NOT one of the tasks which the apprentices might have to do when they are dreaming?
14. Carlos attacked the blobs of light which appeared to be threatening by attacking them on their vulnerable ______ sides.
15. Carlos once, when dreaming, leaves the house through ____________ and has no sensation of moving at all.
(a) Closed doors.
(b) Solid walls.
(c) Blocked walls.
(d) Open windows.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is certain that Don Juan and Don Genaro are close by, though this person cannot see them?
2. __________ reminds everyone that Don Juan promised them that he would give them a sign to leave the world.
3. Carlos feels an intense feeling of __________ right before he suddenly blacks out with the apprentices.
4. Don Juan orders Carlos to learn by interacting with __________ to face life's trying situations.
5. When he hears the name of ____________, Carlos gets an odd shiver in his belly and alone sees where this person is.
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)