|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fearing for his life, Carlos begins to change, "I will dart past the _________ to be free."
2. Where do La Gorda and Lydia go at the beginning of this section, according to the storytelling?
3. La Gorda demands nine days of ___________ after she and Carlos have talked, in order to allow for a chance to heal.
4. La Gorda decides to divert Carlos into talking about his ______________ when they are together.
(d) Drug use.
5. Name one of the apprentices who is supposed to be the heart of the rattlesnake coupling.
(d) La Gorda.
6. Once Carlos remembers his ________ side, then the apprentices might be the ones who will work with him as a Nagual.
7. Where does the pressure in Carlos' body begin when he is still in Los Angeles?
(d) Left leg.
8. What is the second stage of dreaming in which the light dissipates and the dreamer views a static, frozen tableau?
(a) Restful vigil.
(b) Dynamic vigil.
(c) Passive witnessing.
(d) Dynamic initiative.
9. How many parts is the rattlesnake which the apprentices are supposed to be making up?
10. Carlos volunteers to _____________ when La Gorda despairs when seeing the large man blocking their way.
(b) Lead them another way.
(c) Curse him.
11. As a result of working with the tiger in the dream, Carlos begins to feel more ______________.
12. Carlos once, when dreaming, leaves the house through ____________ and has no sensation of moving at all.
(a) Blocked walls.
(b) Open windows.
(c) Solid walls.
(d) Closed doors.
13. Carlos and La Gorda experience the force, but cannot recall the moment when _________ takes over to affect the will.
14. One of the structures at the ruins has been destroyed by warriors of the _________ attention, according to some.
15. __________ reminds everyone that Don Juan promised them that he would give them a sign to leave the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. La Gorda and Carlos rest together on the favorite ___________ of Don Juan and of Don Genaro.
2. Another name for second attention is the ____________ of consciousness, according to Don Juan and to La Gorda.
3. What is so huge about the tiger who teaches Carlos how to breathe when he is dreaming?
4. Who is NOT one of the Genaros with whom Carlos is reunited in this story as told in the book?
5. What is NOT one of the tasks which the apprentices might have to do when they are dreaming?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)