|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times do Eligio and Josefina have to snatch La Gorda back from her dreaming at this point of the story?
(b) Three times.
(c) Four times.
2. Who is the character who needs to move back and forth between two areas - Los Angeles and Mexico?
(a) La Gorda.
3. Another name for second attention is the ____________ of consciousness, according to Don Juan and to La Gorda.
4. Why does Carlos begin to realize what he needs to do within the dream he continues to have?
(a) He finds a note.
(b) It continues to recur.
(c) He doesn't find out what he needs to do.
(d) A voice tells him.
5. The apprentice speaks of the stone ruins in terms of the fearsome _______ and the peaceful tonal structures, which confuses Carlos.
(b) Don Juan.
6. La Gorda demands nine days of ___________ after she and Carlos have talked, in order to allow for a chance to heal.
7. Who pushed Carlos in the airline office, which signifies another power spot for him?
(a) Don Juan.
(b) No one.
(c) Don Silvio.
(d) Don Genaro.
8. What is so huge about the tiger who teaches Carlos how to breathe when he is dreaming?
9. The common task of La Gorda and Carlos is the ______________, which is where they can be on the same level.
10. Which group has been cold to Carlos up until the point that they begin to remember some forgotten past deed?
(a) The men.
(b) The little sisters.
(c) The Tonals.
(d) The Naguals.
11. La Gorda and Carlos begin to argue about whether Carlos has been __________ as they begin remembering.
12. Carlos volunteers to _____________ when La Gorda despairs when seeing the large man blocking their way.
(a) Curse him.
(c) Lead them another way.
13. La Gorda becomes angry at being reminded that she is an unbearable _______ -- empty while wanting to be cute.
14. Which person, out of duty, decides to act as if nothing is wrong with the situation?
(b) La Gorda.
15. Who is Don Juan's feminine analogue, according to the remembering of Carlos?
(b) Nagual woman.
(d) La Gorda.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the apprentices decides to run away to Tula in order to die, though Carlos will not let him?
2. What is the second stage of dreaming in which the light dissipates and the dreamer views a static, frozen tableau?
3. What is the preliminary state of dreaming in which the senses grow dormant, though the person is still aware?
4. What is Carlos' position among the apprentices which causes him to make the decision to stop the man from going off to die?
5. What do the apprentices examine when they come into a new town?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)