|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author, Carlos Castaneda, is a/an ____________from the University of California, Los Angeles.
(b) English professor.
2. _________ can never be overcome, though it can be accessed while awake when there is more training involved.
(a) Second attention.
(c) Third attention.
(d) First attention.
3. Once Carlos remembers his ________ side, then the apprentices might be the ones who will work with him as a Nagual.
4. What is NOT one of the tasks which the apprentices might have to do when they are dreaming?
5. The goal of becoming and learning to be a sorcerer is to reach this luminous _____________.
6. La Gorda and Carlos begin to argue about whether Carlos has been __________ as they begin remembering.
7. One of the structures at the ruins has been destroyed by warriors of the _________ attention, according to some.
8. Which of the apprentices is the one who has lived in the area where the stone ruins rest?
(b) La Gorda.
9. Which of the apprentices decides to run away to Tula in order to die, though Carlos will not let him?
10. Carlos attacked the blobs of light which appeared to be threatening by attacking them on their vulnerable ______ sides.
11. Carlos has visited ________ where there are stone ruins where colossal figures are said to walk at night.
(a) Mexico City.
12. La Gorda and Carlos rest together on the favorite ___________ of Don Juan and of Don Genaro.
13. Name one of the apprentices who is supposed to be a part of the belly of the rattlesnake.
14. Who is certain that Don Juan and Don Genaro are close by, though this person cannot see them?
(d) La Gorda.
15. The apprentices get the feeling that they are supposed to go _______, never to return home again.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does La Gorda meet with daily with Eligio while dreaming together, something which shocks everyone?
2. __________ had supposedly gone beyond the wall of fog seeking La Gorda, nearly died, and then recognized no one after that.
3. The apprentice speaks of the stone ruins in terms of the fearsome _______ and the peaceful tonal structures, which confuses Carlos.
4. ___________ allows that Carlos may not have been trying to hurt anyone, but he might be an unwilling envoy.
5. La Gorda says that Carlos' body is just beginning to ____________, just as she is having the same experience.
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)