|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One of the structures at the ruins has been destroyed by warriors of the _________ attention, according to some.
2. Carlos has visited ________ where there are stone ruins where colossal figures are said to walk at night.
(c) Mexico City.
3. Where does La Gorda locate everyone in order to bring them back to Arizona?
(c) New Mexico.
4. Carlos once, when dreaming, leaves the house through ____________ and has no sensation of moving at all.
(a) Blocked walls.
(b) Solid walls.
(c) Closed doors.
(d) Open windows.
5. La Gorda and Carlos rest together on the favorite ___________ of Don Juan and of Don Genaro.
6. Who is the one that first mentioned the idea of ghost dreaming, which La Gorda nervously recalls?
(a) Don Juan.
(b) Don Genaro.
(c) No one.
(d) Don Silvio.
7. Who tries to stop Carlos from stopping the person who decides to go off to die in the city?
(d) The women.
8. Which of the apprentices is Carlos closest to? Which one is the one with whom Carlos feels and shares the greatest affinity?
(b) La Gorda.
9. Carlos feels an intense feeling of __________ right before he suddenly blacks out with the apprentices.
10. Who is the apprentice to suggest that the students should immerse themselves in dreaming?
(b) La Gorda.
11. _________ can never be overcome, though it can be accessed while awake when there is more training involved.
(b) Third attention.
(c) First attention.
(d) Second attention.
12. Who is Don Juan's feminine analogue, according to the remembering of Carlos?
(a) Nagual woman.
(d) La Gorda.
13. La Gorda demands nine days of ___________ after she and Carlos have talked, in order to allow for a chance to heal.
14. Carlos volunteers to _____________ when La Gorda despairs when seeing the large man blocking their way.
(b) Lead them another way.
(c) Curse him.
15. What does Carlos do when La Gorda insists that Carlos had been a close helper of Silvio's?
(a) Nearly kills her.
(c) Drowns her.
(d) Leaves the group
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the person who got Carlos the peyote plants he used to need when working with Don Juan?
2. Total ________ consists of the physical body and the luminous body that only seers are able to perceive.
3. Which person, out of duty, decides to act as if nothing is wrong with the situation?
4. Who is NOT one of the three sisters with whom Carlos is reunited in the story as told in the book?
5. Which of the apprentices is the one who has lived in the area where the stone ruins rest?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)