Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whose house does Bao-yu wander to to study to look at a painting that he likes?
2. What character does one of the child actors look like?
3. What does Aroma urge Bao-yu to stop eating?
4. How does Xi-feng's personality as an overbearing mistress come to light in the Ning house?
5. What wakes Xi-feng from her dream about Qin-shi?
Essay Topic 1
Explore the role of sex and sexuality in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the central dramatic device of the novel, the love triangle between Bao-yu, Dai-yu and Bao-chai, and how it is used to generate conflict and drama and to maintain the reader's interest.
Essay Topic 3
Destiny and predestination is a central theme throughout the novel. What narrative devices does the author utilize to maintain the reader's interest in this idea through an atmosphere of inevitability that pervades the novel's subtext?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)