Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whose house does Bao-yu wander to to study to look at a painting that he likes?
2. What character does one of the child actors look like?
3. What does Aroma urge Bao-yu to stop eating?
4. How does Xi-feng's personality as an overbearing mistress come to light in the Ning house?
5. What wakes Xi-feng from her dream about Qin-shi?
Essay Topic 1
"In The Story of the Stone, the keeping of secrets frequently benefits all concerned." In your perception, is this statement true or false? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Because he is won over and particularly moved by the story of the stone, it could be said that Vanitas (later Brother Amor) is the character readers should identify with most. Comment upon this idea, explaining in the process how or why the story is "not just another erotic romance" as the stone itself says.
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of illness to the story? Discuss with at least three examples and why the author chooses to make these characters ill.
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)