Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whose house does Bao-yu wander to to study to look at a painting that he likes?
2. What character does one of the child actors look like?
3. What does Aroma urge Bao-yu to stop eating?
4. How does Xi-feng's personality as an overbearing mistress come to light in the Ning house?
5. What wakes Xi-feng from her dream about Qin-shi?
Essay Topic 1
The fact that Bao-yu eventually chooses to be with Bao-chai and not Dai-yu, his supposed predestined soulmate of the past and future, comes as a surprise. Discuss the reasons why the author would choose to take the narrative in this direction.
Essay Topic 2
How is the framing story of the stone's background an effective foundation for the author to build the rest of the action upon?
Essay Topic 3
Explore the ways the author illustrates the divide between poor classes and rich classes in the novel and the various grey areas surrounding that divide.
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)