|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Jia Zheng's dislike for Bao-yu towards the end of the novel?
2. How long will burial ceremonies for Qin-shi last?
3. What is the attitude of Jia Zheng's literary friends towards Bao-yu?
4. Who is the love interest of Bao-yu's newly adopted "son" Jia Yun?
5. Where does the funeral procession for Qin-shi finally arrive?
Essay Topic 1
How is the society portrayed in the novel shown to be strongly familial? In your answer, comment upon the familial influences felt by Bao-yu.
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of illness to the story? Discuss with at least three examples and why the author chooses to make these characters ill.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the characters of Dai-yu and Bao-chai. How are they similar? How are they different?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)