Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whose house does Bao-yu wander to to study to look at a painting that he likes?
2. What character does one of the child actors look like?
3. What does Aroma urge Bao-yu to stop eating?
4. How does Xi-feng's personality as an overbearing mistress come to light in the Ning house?
5. What wakes Xi-feng from her dream about Qin-shi?
Describe the central dramatic device of the novel, the love triangle between Bao-yu, Dai-yu and Bao-chai, and how it is used to generate conflict and drama and to maintain the reader's interest.
Choose one of the following characters and discuss his or her relationship with and impact upon Bao-yu.
Explore the relationship between "real" and "fantastic" worlds in the novel with a particular focus on The Land of Illusion and what influence it brings upon the main story.
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)