|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people does Bao-yu share the romantic/erotic stories with?
2. Who gives temporary names to places and things in the garden for Yuan-chun?
(a) Jia Zheng, his literary friends, and Bao-yu.
(b) Jia Zheng and Yuan-chun.
(c) Bao-yu and Qin Zhong.
3. What important event is the Prince of Bei-jing present for?
(a) Xi-feng taking over the running of the Ning household.
(b) Bao-yu's marriage.
(c) Qin-shi's funeral.
(d) Dai-yu's father's funeral.
4. What does Bao-yu call for an end for in his altered poem?
(b) Cheating women.
(c) Jealous boyfriends.
(d) Feminine nagging and jealousy.
5. What arrangements does Xi-feng talk to her husband about in relation to get-togethers?
(a) Boa-chai's birthday party.
(b) Yuan-chun's next visit.
(c) Dai-yu's blessing.
(d) Bao-yu's birthday party.
6. What is Shui Rong's title?
(a) The Prince of Bei-jing.
(b) The head of the Rong mansion.
(c) The Prince of Shanghai.
(d) The King of Bei-jing.
7. What do Bao-yu's pages take from him after the naming party for the garden for Yuan-chun?
(a) His magical jade.
(b) The purse given to him Dai-yu.
(c) All of his wine.
(d) All of his trinkets.
8. What is there concern about when it comes to Jia Rong's status?
(a) He is disrespectful of societal hierarchies.
(b) He has been caught with a prostitute.
(c) He is only an Imperial College Student.
(d) He is openly unambitious.
9. Who gives Bao-yu a present of romantic, sexual love stories to read?
10. Who seeks advice from Bao-yu about how to take care of the Ning household?
(c) Cousin Zhen.
11. What addiction does Dai-yu discover of Bao-yu's?
(a) A novel.
12. Who does the Prince of Bei-jing ask to meet?
(a) Jia Rong.
13. What happens to Jia Zheng's dislike for Bao-yu towards the end of the novel?
(a) It is put on hold.
(b) It decreases.
(c) It cannot get higher.
(d) It increases.
14. What important event happens on the day of Jia Zheng's birthday?
(a) Yuan-chun is chosen as an Imperial Concubine.
(b) Qin Zhong falls ill.
(c) Bao-yu's study is finished.
(d) Xi-feng returns home.
15. What character does one of the child actors look like?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who insists on being allowed to visit Qin-shi's body after her death?
2. In her anger at Bao-yu, what does Dai-yu cut up?
3. What must families of concubines do so that they can meet together in private?
4. Who visits Aroma's home with Bao-yu?
5. Who leads Yuan-chun's arrival at her garden?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)