|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Xi-feng's leadership bring to the Ning house?
(a) A slack and uncaring attitude among the servants.
(b) Disharmony and distrust.
(c) Order and peace.
(d) A tyrannical atmosphere of constant fear.
2. What does Aroma urge Bao-yu to stop eating?
(a) Leaves from the oak tree.
(b) Bark of the oak tree.
(d) Lipstick and other cosmetics.
3. Which servant does Lian desire but who won't let him have her?
(c) The Mattress.
4. What kind of party does Grandmother Jia decide to hold?
(a) A poetry party.
(b) A riddle party.
(c) A poet naming party.
(d) A choir party.
5. What does Bao-yu pick at Qin Zhong about while staying at the temple?
(a) His affection for a servant girl.
(b) His poor grades in school.
(c) His affection for his cousin.
(d) His thinness and lack of muscles.
6. What does Jia-zeng notice about Bao-yu's intelligence?
(a) That is seems to fluctuate.
(b) That it is atrocious to him.
(c) That it is high.
(d) That it is not so impressive.
7. How many people does Bao-yu share the romantic/erotic stories with?
8. For what does Yuan-chun request octets be written?
(a) Bao-yu and Dai-yu's graduations from school.
(b) Four special places in the garden.
(c) Two enormous trees in the garden.
(d) Each of her future visits to the garden.
9. Who leads Yuan-chun's arrival at her garden?
(a) An unshaven nun.
(b) A priest.
(c) Jia Zheng and Grandmother Jia.
(d) An envoy of eunuchs.
10. What are Aroma's overall plans for Bao-yu?
(a) To work on his character flaws.
(b) To sleep with him.
(c) To leave the service of the Jia family.
(d) To take his money.
11. Who is Yuan-chun overjoyed to see when she comes to see the garden?
(a) Jia Rong.
(c) Jia Zheng.
12. What do Bao-yu's pages take from him after the naming party for the garden for Yuan-chun?
(a) All of his trinkets.
(b) His magical jade.
(c) All of his wine.
(d) The purse given to him Dai-yu.
13. Where does Xi-feng's carriage briefly stop during the funeral procession for Qin-shi?
(a) At a farmer's home.
(b) At a relative's home.
(c) In front of the Imperial Palace.
(d) At the graveyard.
14. What important event happens on the day of Jia Zheng's birthday?
(a) Yuan-chun is chosen as an Imperial Concubine.
(b) Qin Zhong falls ill.
(c) Xi-feng returns home.
(d) Bao-yu's study is finished.
15. What addiction does Dai-yu discover of Bao-yu's?
(b) A novel.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Dai-yu hears one of Bao-yu's romantic stories, she becomes _____.
2. What happens to Jia Zheng's dislike for Bao-yu towards the end of the novel?
3. Who gives temporary names to places and things in the garden for Yuan-chun?
4. Which is the only character who chooses not to rest and recuperate after Yuan-chun's visit?
5. Who scolds the maids for their mess?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)