|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who insists on being allowed to visit Qin-shi's body after her death?
(b) Jia Rong.
2. Who visits Aroma's home with Bao-yu?
3. What wakes Xi-feng from her dream about Qin-shi?
(a) The bell for breakfast.
(b) The death chime.
(c) The maid entering the room.
(d) Her father calling.
4. Who scolds the maids for their mess?
(b) Nannie Li.
5. As Bao-yu, Xi-feng, and Qin Zhong talk during Chapter 14, what do they learn has happened?
(a) Bao-yu's father has passed away.
(b) Dai-yu's father has passed away.
(c) Dai-yu's mother has passed away.
(d) Qin-shi has passed away.
6. Where does Yuan-chun order that the girls of the house and Bao-yu be allowed to live?
(a) The refinished farmhouse.
(b) The Cherry Blossom Garden.
(c) The Peachtree Court,
(d) The Prospect Garden
7. What does Bao-yu pick at Qin Zhong about while staying at the temple?
(a) His affection for a servant girl.
(b) His affection for his cousin.
(c) His poor grades in school.
(d) His thinness and lack of muscles.
8. Who gives Bao-yu a present of romantic, sexual love stories to read?
9. Who helps Bao-yu with writing poems for Yuan-chun?
(a) Qin Zhong and Bao-chai.
(b) Jia Zheng and his literary friends.
(c) Xi-feng and Dai-yu.
(d) Bao-chai and Dai-yu.
10. What is Shui Rong's title?
(a) The Prince of Shanghai.
(b) The King of Bei-jing.
(c) The head of the Rong mansion.
(d) The Prince of Bei-jing.
11. What does Jia-zeng notice about Bao-yu's intelligence?
(a) That is seems to fluctuate.
(b) That it is not so impressive.
(c) That it is high.
(d) That it is atrocious to him.
12. Who does the Prince of Bei-jing ask to meet?
(d) Jia Rong.
13. To whose house does Bao-yu wander to to study to look at a painting that he likes?
(a) His cousin Zhen.
(b) His friend Qin-shi.
(c) His uncle Feng-shu.
(d) His cousin Ming.
14. What causes Qin Zhong's father to die?
(a) The stress of finding out about Qin Zhong's love affair with Sappy.
(b) The stress of Bao-yu's consistent misbehaving.
(c) His sadness over Qin-shi's death.
(d) His guilt about a huge debt.
15. What did Bao-yu not allow to be taken from him by his pages?
(a) His schoolbooks.
(b) A rabbit foot pendant.
(c) The purse given to him by Dai-yu.
(d) The sachet given to him by Dai-yu.
Short Answer Questions
1. After a night's sleep, who does Bao-yu wake up next to in Chapter 21?
2. With whom does Bao-yu spend his evening after being scolded by Aroma for defending her?
3. Xi-feng's infant daughter becomes ill with _____.
4. Why is Aroma upset with Bao-yu in Chapter 21?
5. What is the attitude of Jia Zheng's literary friends towards Bao-yu?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)