|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people does Bao-yu share the romantic/erotic stories with?
2. Who gives temporary names to places and things in the garden for Yuan-chun?
(a) Jia Zheng and Yuan-chun.
(b) Bao-yu and Qin Zhong.
(d) Jia Zheng, his literary friends, and Bao-yu.
3. Who visits Aroma's home with Bao-yu?
4. Who helps Bao-yu with writing poems for Yuan-chun?
(a) Qin Zhong and Bao-chai.
(b) Jia Zheng and his literary friends.
(c) Bao-chai and Dai-yu.
(d) Xi-feng and Dai-yu.
5. Who does Jia-zeng realize will probably be his only heir?
6. Where does the funeral procession for Qin-shi finally arrive?
(a) The Temple of the Iron Threshold.
(b) The Ning house.
(c) The Jia house.
(d) The Imperial Palace.
7. What did Bao-yu not allow to be taken from him by his pages?
(a) A rabbit foot pendant.
(b) The purse given to him by Dai-yu.
(c) His schoolbooks.
(d) The sachet given to him by Dai-yu.
8. For what does Yuan-chun request octets be written?
(a) Bao-yu and Dai-yu's graduations from school.
(b) Two enormous trees in the garden.
(c) Each of her future visits to the garden.
(d) Four special places in the garden.
9. What are Aroma's overall plans for Bao-yu?
(a) To sleep with him.
(b) To take his money.
(c) To leave the service of the Jia family.
(d) To work on his character flaws.
10. As Bao-yu, Xi-feng, and Qin Zhong talk during Chapter 14, what do they learn has happened?
(a) Dai-yu's mother has passed away.
(b) Bao-yu's father has passed away.
(c) Dai-yu's father has passed away.
(d) Qin-shi has passed away.
11. Where does Xi-feng's carriage briefly stop during the funeral procession for Qin-shi?
(a) At a relative's home.
(b) At the graveyard.
(c) At a farmer's home.
(d) In front of the Imperial Palace.
12. Who leads Yuan-chun's arrival at her garden?
(a) A priest.
(b) An unshaven nun.
(c) Jia Zheng and Grandmother Jia.
(d) An envoy of eunuchs.
13. Who dies at the end of Chapter 16?
(a) Qin Zhong.
(c) Jia Zheng.
14. Who calls for Bao-yu to tell the boy he is to be moved in with the girls?
(a) Jia Zheng.
(c) Grandmother Jia.
15. Who scolds the maids for their mess?
(c) Nannie Li.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bao-yu call for an end for in his altered poem?
2. Who insists on being allowed to visit Qin-shi's body after her death?
3. Why does Bao-yu seek Dai-yu's company in Chapter 19?
4. What servant finds a lock of The Mattress's hair in Jia Lian's things?
5. In her anger at Bao-yu, what does Dai-yu cut up?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)