|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is there concern about when it comes to Jia Rong's status?
(a) He is only an Imperial College Student.
(b) He has been caught with a prostitute.
(c) He is disrespectful of societal hierarchies.
(d) He is openly unambitious.
2. How long will burial ceremonies for Qin-shi last?
(a) One hour.
(b) One day.
(c) Several days.
(d) Several hours.
3. Who scolds the maids for their mess?
(d) Nannie Li.
4. As Bao-yu, Xi-feng, and Qin Zhong talk during Chapter 14, what do they learn has happened?
(a) Dai-yu's mother has passed away.
(b) Qin-shi has passed away.
(c) Bao-yu's father has passed away.
(d) Dai-yu's father has passed away.
5. After a night's sleep, who does Bao-yu wake up next to in Chapter 21?
6. What do Bao-yu's pages take from him after the naming party for the garden for Yuan-chun?
(a) His magical jade.
(b) All of his wine.
(c) All of his trinkets.
(d) The purse given to him Dai-yu.
7. Which of the following does NOT happen in the wake of Qin-shi's death?
(a) A maid kills herself.
(b) A maid offers to carry out the mourning responsibilities of a daughter.
(c) Bao-yu vomits blood.
(d) Xi-feng sees a demon.
8. Who helps Bao-yu with writing poems for Yuan-chun?
(a) Bao-chai and Dai-yu.
(b) Jia Zheng and his literary friends.
(c) Xi-feng and Dai-yu.
(d) Qin Zhong and Bao-chai.
9. Who are the invitees to Bao-yu's birthday party?
(a) Friends and family only.
(b) Servants, friends and family only.
(c) Family members only.
(d) Boa-yu's cousins only.
10. What addiction does Dai-yu discover of Bao-yu's?
(b) A novel.
11. What important event happens on the day of Jia Zheng's birthday?
(a) Xi-feng returns home.
(b) Qin Zhong falls ill.
(c) Bao-yu's study is finished.
(d) Yuan-chun is chosen as an Imperial Concubine.
12. Which is the only character who chooses not to rest and recuperate after Yuan-chun's visit?
13. What is Shui Rong's title?
(a) The Prince of Bei-jing.
(b) The Prince of Shanghai.
(c) The King of Bei-jing.
(d) The head of the Rong mansion.
14. Who is Yuan-chun overjoyed to see when she comes to see the garden?
(b) Jia Zheng.
(c) Jia Rong.
15. What did Bao-yu not allow to be taken from him by his pages?
(a) The sachet given to him by Dai-yu.
(b) His schoolbooks.
(c) A rabbit foot pendant.
(d) The purse given to him by Dai-yu.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Aroma upset with Bao-yu in Chapter 21?
2. Where does Xi-feng's carriage briefly stop during the funeral procession for Qin-shi?
3. Who seeks advice from Bao-yu about how to take care of the Ning household?
4. Where does the funeral procession for Qin-shi finally arrive?
5. What does Jia-zeng notice about Bao-yu's intelligence?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)