|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who scolds the maids for their mess?
(a) Nannie Li.
2. For what does Yuan-chun request octets be written?
(a) Each of her future visits to the garden.
(b) Two enormous trees in the garden.
(c) Bao-yu and Dai-yu's graduations from school.
(d) Four special places in the garden.
3. What does Bao-yu call for an end for in his altered poem?
(a) Feminine nagging and jealousy.
(b) Jealous boyfriends.
(d) Cheating women.
4. Where does Xi-feng's carriage briefly stop during the funeral procession for Qin-shi?
(a) At a relative's home.
(b) At a farmer's home.
(c) At the graveyard.
(d) In front of the Imperial Palace.
5. Who does Jia-zeng realize will probably be his only heir?
6. Why does Bao-yu seek Dai-yu's company in Chapter 19?
(a) Because Xi-feng wants him to do chores.
(b) Because Aroma is ill.
(c) Because Aroma is angry with him.
(d) Because Bao-chai is angry with him.
7. Who does Bao-yu see sleeping with a girl?
8. How long will burial ceremonies for Qin-shi last?
(a) One hour.
(b) Several hours.
(c) One day.
(d) Several days.
9. What is the attitude of Jia Zheng's literary friends towards Bao-yu?
(a) They are sympathetic towards him.
(b) They belittle him.
(c) They show they do not care for him.
(d) They constantly praise him.
10. What character does one of the child actors look like?
11. Who leads Yuan-chun's arrival at her garden?
(a) A priest.
(b) An unshaven nun.
(c) An envoy of eunuchs.
(d) Jia Zheng and Grandmother Jia.
12. What wakes Xi-feng from her dream about Qin-shi?
(a) The bell for breakfast.
(b) The death chime.
(c) Her father calling.
(d) The maid entering the room.
13. Why does Bao-yu beg Xi-feng to let he and Qin Zhong stay longer in the temple?
(a) Because Qin Zhong fears going back home.
(b) Because he feels affection for a servant girl.
(c) Because Qin Zhong and Sappy are in love and want to spend time together.
(d) Because he is learning a lot about spirituality.
14. What important event happens on the day of Jia Zheng's birthday?
(a) Qin Zhong falls ill.
(b) Yuan-chun is chosen as an Imperial Concubine.
(c) Bao-yu's study is finished.
(d) Xi-feng returns home.
15. Who is the love interest of Bao-yu's newly adopted "son" Jia Yun?
(b) The Mattress.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives temporary names to places and things in the garden for Yuan-chun?
2. What does Xi-feng's leadership bring to the Ning house?
3. What causes Qin Zhong's father to die?
4. Where does Yuan-chun order that the girls of the house and Bao-yu be allowed to live?
5. When Dai-yu hears one of Bao-yu's romantic stories, she becomes _____.
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)