|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who leads Yuan-chun's arrival at her garden?
(a) Jia Zheng and Grandmother Jia.
(b) An unshaven nun.
(c) An envoy of eunuchs.
(d) A priest.
2. Why does Bao-yu seek Dai-yu's company in Chapter 19?
(a) Because Aroma is ill.
(b) Because Bao-chai is angry with him.
(c) Because Xi-feng wants him to do chores.
(d) Because Aroma is angry with him.
3. What do Bao-yu's pages take from him after the naming party for the garden for Yuan-chun?
(a) The purse given to him Dai-yu.
(b) His magical jade.
(c) All of his trinkets.
(d) All of his wine.
4. What does Jia-lian use as his bedroom while his daughter is ill?
(a) The Mattresses' room.
(b) The living room.
(c) Outer study.
(d) Aroma's room.
5. What is most important about The Temple of the Iron Threshold in relation to Qin-shi?
(a) Blessings will be offered for her soul there.
(b) It is her favorite place to visit.
(c) She once gave a speech there.
(d) She will be buried there.
6. Xi-feng's infant daughter becomes ill with _____.
(c) Scarlet fever.
7. What is the attitude of Jia Zheng's literary friends towards Bao-yu?
(a) They show they do not care for him.
(b) They belittle him.
(c) They are sympathetic towards him.
(d) They constantly praise him.
8. Who does Jia-zeng realize will probably be his only heir?
9. Who does Bao-yu see sleeping with a girl?
10. How many people does Bao-yu share the romantic/erotic stories with?
11. How does Xi-feng's personality as an overbearing mistress come to light in the Ning house?
(a) She admonishes each servant individually for any mistake they make.
(b) She severely punishes a servant for forgetting to wash some dirty laundry.
(c) She severely punishes a servant for being late to work.
(d) She shouts at all the servants as a group for half an hour.
12. What character does one of the child actors look like?
13. Which is the only character who chooses not to rest and recuperate after Yuan-chun's visit?
14. Who are the invitees to Bao-yu's birthday party?
(a) Friends and family only.
(b) Family members only.
(c) Boa-yu's cousins only.
(d) Servants, friends and family only.
15. What does Jia-zeng notice about Bao-yu's intelligence?
(a) That is seems to fluctuate.
(b) That it is high.
(c) That it is atrocious to him.
(d) That it is not so impressive.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Aroma upset with Bao-yu in Chapter 21?
2. Who gives Bao-yu a present of romantic, sexual love stories to read?
3. What does Xi-feng's leadership bring to the Ning house?
4. What sound comes from one of Bao-yu's rooms when the girls are ganging up on him?
5. What addiction does Dai-yu discover of Bao-yu's?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)