|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What addiction does Dai-yu discover of Bao-yu's?
(b) A novel.
2. Who seeks advice from Bao-yu about how to take care of the Ning household?
(d) Cousin Zhen.
3. What sound comes from one of Bao-yu's rooms when the girls are ganging up on him?
(b) Quiet discussion.
(c) Angry voices.
(d) Laughing voices.
4. What is the attitude of Jia Zheng's literary friends towards Bao-yu?
(a) They are sympathetic towards him.
(b) They belittle him.
(c) They constantly praise him.
(d) They show they do not care for him.
5. When Dai-yu hears one of Bao-yu's romantic stories, she becomes _____.
(d) Attracted to Bao-yu.
6. Why does Bao-yu beg Xi-feng to let he and Qin Zhong stay longer in the temple?
(a) Because Qin Zhong fears going back home.
(b) Because he is learning a lot about spirituality.
(c) Because he feels affection for a servant girl.
(d) Because Qin Zhong and Sappy are in love and want to spend time together.
7. To whose house does Bao-yu wander to to study to look at a painting that he likes?
(a) His friend Qin-shi.
(b) His cousin Zhen.
(c) His cousin Ming.
(d) His uncle Feng-shu.
8. Who is Yuan-chun overjoyed to see when she comes to see the garden?
(b) Jia Zheng.
(d) Jia Rong.
9. What does Aroma urge Bao-yu to stop eating?
(a) Leaves from the oak tree.
(c) Lipstick and other cosmetics.
(d) Bark of the oak tree.
10. What gift does Shui Rong give to Bao-yu?
(a) A tunic.
(b) A ring.
(c) A necklace.
(d) A rosary.
11. What does Bao-yu call for an end for in his altered poem?
(a) Cheating women.
(c) Feminine nagging and jealousy.
(d) Jealous boyfriends.
12. One day, Bao-yu wakes with a feeling of _____________ that will not go away.
(c) Self pity.
13. What is there concern about when it comes to Jia Rong's status?
(a) He has been caught with a prostitute.
(b) He is only an Imperial College Student.
(c) He is openly unambitious.
(d) He is disrespectful of societal hierarchies.
14. With whom does Bao-yu spend his evening after being scolded by Aroma for defending her?
(b) The Mattress.
15. Who dies at the end of Chapter 16?
(a) Qin Zhong.
(b) Jia Zheng.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must families of concubines do so that they can meet together in private?
2. What arrangements does Xi-feng talk to her husband about in relation to get-togethers?
3. What servant finds a lock of The Mattress's hair in Jia Lian's things?
4. Which is the only character who chooses not to rest and recuperate after Yuan-chun's visit?
5. What kind of party does Grandmother Jia decide to hold?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)