|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Prince of Bei-jing ask to meet?
(a) Jia Rong.
2. What is Shui Rong's title?
(a) The head of the Rong mansion.
(b) The Prince of Bei-jing.
(c) The Prince of Shanghai.
(d) The King of Bei-jing.
3. Who scolds the maids for their mess?
(b) Nannie Li.
4. What wakes Xi-feng from her dream about Qin-shi?
(a) The maid entering the room.
(b) The death chime.
(c) Her father calling.
(d) The bell for breakfast.
5. What does Jia-lian use as his bedroom while his daughter is ill?
(a) The living room.
(b) The Mattresses' room.
(c) Outer study.
(d) Aroma's room.
6. What do Bao-yu's pages take from him after the naming party for the garden for Yuan-chun?
(a) All of his wine.
(b) All of his trinkets.
(c) The purse given to him Dai-yu.
(d) His magical jade.
7. What does Bao-yu call for an end for in his altered poem?
(a) Cheating women.
(c) Jealous boyfriends.
(d) Feminine nagging and jealousy.
8. Who leads Yuan-chun's arrival at her garden?
(a) A priest.
(b) An envoy of eunuchs.
(c) An unshaven nun.
(d) Jia Zheng and Grandmother Jia.
9. Where does Yuan-chun order that the girls of the house and Bao-yu be allowed to live?
(a) The refinished farmhouse.
(b) The Prospect Garden
(c) The Peachtree Court,
(d) The Cherry Blossom Garden.
10. Who insists on being allowed to visit Qin-shi's body after her death?
(a) Jia Rong.
11. How long will burial ceremonies for Qin-shi last?
(a) Several hours.
(b) One day.
(c) Several days.
(d) One hour.
12. Who helps Bao-yu with writing poems for Yuan-chun?
(a) Xi-feng and Dai-yu.
(b) Qin Zhong and Bao-chai.
(c) Jia Zheng and his literary friends.
(d) Bao-chai and Dai-yu.
13. What important event is the Prince of Bei-jing present for?
(a) Qin-shi's funeral.
(b) Dai-yu's father's funeral.
(c) Bao-yu's marriage.
(d) Xi-feng taking over the running of the Ning household.
14. Who seeks advice from Bao-yu about how to take care of the Ning household?
(d) Cousin Zhen.
15. Who scolds Aroma for not getting up when she enters a room?
(a) Nannie Li.
Short Answer Questions
1. What addiction does Dai-yu discover of Bao-yu's?
2. What is Jia Rong offered immediately after there is concern about his status?
3. What does Aroma urge Bao-yu to stop eating?
4. Which of the following does NOT happen in the wake of Qin-shi's death?
5. What is the attitude of Jia Zheng's literary friends towards Bao-yu?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)