|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What servant finds a lock of The Mattress's hair in Jia Lian's things?
2. What do Bao-yu's pages take from him after the naming party for the garden for Yuan-chun?
(a) The purse given to him Dai-yu.
(b) His magical jade.
(c) All of his wine.
(d) All of his trinkets.
3. What does Aroma urge Bao-yu to stop eating?
(b) Leaves from the oak tree.
(c) Lipstick and other cosmetics.
(d) Bark of the oak tree.
4. What is Dai-yu trying to do when Bao-yu comes to visit her in Chapter 19?
(a) Read a book.
(b) Write a poem.
(c) Read a poem.
(d) Take a nap.
5. How long will burial ceremonies for Qin-shi last?
(a) Several days.
(b) One hour.
(c) Several hours.
(d) One day.
6. As Bao-yu, Xi-feng, and Qin Zhong talk during Chapter 14, what do they learn has happened?
(a) Dai-yu's father has passed away.
(b) Dai-yu's mother has passed away.
(c) Bao-yu's father has passed away.
(d) Qin-shi has passed away.
7. What did Bao-yu not allow to be taken from him by his pages?
(a) The sachet given to him by Dai-yu.
(b) His schoolbooks.
(c) The purse given to him by Dai-yu.
(d) A rabbit foot pendant.
8. What is Shui Rong's title?
(a) The head of the Rong mansion.
(b) The Prince of Shanghai.
(c) The Prince of Bei-jing.
(d) The King of Bei-jing.
9. Which servant does Lian desire but who won't let him have her?
(a) The Mattress.
10. Who seeks advice from Bao-yu about how to take care of the Ning household?
(c) Cousin Zhen.
11. In her anger at Bao-yu, what does Dai-yu cut up?
(a) The purse she gave to Bao-yu.
(b) A sachet she has been making for Bao-yu.
(c) Bao-yu's best clothes.
(d) Her best clothes.
12. Where does Xi-feng's carriage briefly stop during the funeral procession for Qin-shi?
(a) In front of the Imperial Palace.
(b) At a relative's home.
(c) At a farmer's home.
(d) At the graveyard.
13. It is Yuan-chun's hope that this move to live with the girls _____.
(a) Will stop him from eating lipstick.
(b) Will increase his intelligence.
(c) Will encourage the boy to study more.
(d) Will make him become more mature.
14. What does Xi-feng's leadership bring to the Ning house?
(a) A slack and uncaring attitude among the servants.
(b) Disharmony and distrust.
(c) A tyrannical atmosphere of constant fear.
(d) Order and peace.
15. What sound comes from one of Bao-yu's rooms when the girls are ganging up on him?
(b) Laughing voices.
(c) Angry voices.
(d) Quiet discussion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Qin Zhong's father to die?
2. What does Bao-yu pick at Qin Zhong about while staying at the temple?
3. Who is Yuan-chun overjoyed to see when she comes to see the garden?
4. When Dai-yu hears one of Bao-yu's romantic stories, she becomes _____.
5. Who does Bao-yu see sleeping with a girl?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)