|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Bao-yu, Xi-feng, and Qin Zhong talk during Chapter 14, what do they learn has happened?
(a) Qin-shi has passed away.
(b) Dai-yu's mother has passed away.
(c) Bao-yu's father has passed away.
(d) Dai-yu's father has passed away.
2. What are Aroma's overall plans for Bao-yu?
(a) To leave the service of the Jia family.
(b) To work on his character flaws.
(c) To sleep with him.
(d) To take his money.
3. What does Xi-feng's leadership bring to the Ning house?
(a) Order and peace.
(b) A tyrannical atmosphere of constant fear.
(c) Disharmony and distrust.
(d) A slack and uncaring attitude among the servants.
4. Who are the invitees to Bao-yu's birthday party?
(a) Friends and family only.
(b) Boa-yu's cousins only.
(c) Servants, friends and family only.
(d) Family members only.
5. Why does Bao-yu beg Xi-feng to let he and Qin Zhong stay longer in the temple?
(a) Because Qin Zhong fears going back home.
(b) Because he is learning a lot about spirituality.
(c) Because Qin Zhong and Sappy are in love and want to spend time together.
(d) Because he feels affection for a servant girl.
6. Who leads Yuan-chun's arrival at her garden?
(a) A priest.
(b) An unshaven nun.
(c) An envoy of eunuchs.
(d) Jia Zheng and Grandmother Jia.
7. Who helps Bao-yu with writing poems for Yuan-chun?
(a) Xi-feng and Dai-yu.
(b) Qin Zhong and Bao-chai.
(c) Bao-chai and Dai-yu.
(d) Jia Zheng and his literary friends.
8. What is the attitude of Jia Zheng's literary friends towards Bao-yu?
(a) They belittle him.
(b) They are sympathetic towards him.
(c) They constantly praise him.
(d) They show they do not care for him.
9. In her anger at Bao-yu, what does Dai-yu cut up?
(a) Her best clothes.
(b) Bao-yu's best clothes.
(c) The purse she gave to Bao-yu.
(d) A sachet she has been making for Bao-yu.
10. How many people does Bao-yu share the romantic/erotic stories with?
11. It is Yuan-chun's hope that this move to live with the girls _____.
(a) Will encourage the boy to study more.
(b) Will increase his intelligence.
(c) Will make him become more mature.
(d) Will stop him from eating lipstick.
12. What does Bao-yu call for an end for in his altered poem?
(a) Cheating women.
(b) Feminine nagging and jealousy.
(d) Jealous boyfriends.
13. Which of the following does NOT happen in the wake of Qin-shi's death?
(a) Bao-yu vomits blood.
(b) A maid kills herself.
(c) Xi-feng sees a demon.
(d) A maid offers to carry out the mourning responsibilities of a daughter.
14. What is Shui Rong's title?
(a) The Prince of Shanghai.
(b) The head of the Rong mansion.
(c) The King of Bei-jing.
(d) The Prince of Bei-jing.
15. Who calls for Bao-yu to tell the boy he is to be moved in with the girls?
(b) Grandmother Jia.
(c) Jia Zheng.
Short Answer Questions
1. What servant finds a lock of The Mattress's hair in Jia Lian's things?
2. What wakes Xi-feng from her dream about Qin-shi?
3. What gift does Shui Rong give to Bao-yu?
4. What does Jia-zeng notice about Bao-yu's intelligence?
5. Which servant does Lian desire but who won't let him have her?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)