|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Although the songs tell the story of his family's life, Bao-yu is bored and does not understand what?
(a) Who is singing the song.
(b) The lyrics.
(c) Why he is there.
(d) That he must wake up.
2. Who calms Bao-yu down when he makes a scene after his visit with Bao-chai?
(b) Nannie Li.
3. In order to cure Bao-yu of his lust of the mind, he is given a bride named _____.
4. Why does Dai-yu get upset in Chapter 8?
(a) Because Bao-yu gets drunk.
(b) Because she is brought the flowers last and forced to take leftovers.
(c) Because Bao-yu has chosen the same time to visit Bao-chai.
(d) Because Xi-feng scolds her.
5. What happens to Jia Rui at the time of his first secret meeting?
(a) He gets drunk.
(b) He is left sitting in the cold all night.
(c) He has sex with a prostitute.
(d) He meets his beloved.
6. Bao-yu and Qin Zhong form a plan to encourage their families to send them to _____.
(a) A private school.
(b) The Temple of the Iron Threshold.
(c) Each other's houses.
(d) The Imperial Palace.
7. Who settles the boy in Qin Shi's room?
(b) Qin Shi.
8. Who are the first people who come across the stone after the goddess leaves it there?
(a) A monk and Taoist.
(b) A monk and priest.
(c) A Buddhist and monk.
(d) A warrior and monk.
9. Who starts school at the beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) Dai-yu and Bao-yu.
(b) Qin Zhong and Dai-yu.
(c) Bao-yu and Qin Zhong.
(d) Bao-chai and Bao-yu.
10. They reach the Ford of Error where Bao-yu finds himself being pulled into _____.
(a) Dai-yu's room.
(c) A cave of jewels.
(d) The ford.
11. What develops between the three main characters of the book?
(a) A mysterious murder.
(b) A love triangle.
(c) A long-term friendship.
(d) Great hate.
12. Who are Darling and Precious?
(a) Two other boys who attend the clan school.
(b) The names of the principal's dogs.
(c) Two sisters living in the boarding school.
(d) Two friends of Dai-yu's.
13. What do Bao-yu and Qin Zhong quickly learn about each other?
(a) That they are both rich.
(b) That they are both without a tutor.
(c) That they are both confused about their sexuality.
(d) That they are both attracted to maids in their household.
14. Who is Qin Zhong?
(a) Dai-yu's half brother.
(b) Qin-shi's half-brother.
(c) Qin-shi's brother.
(d) Bao-chai's brother.
15. Who does Bao-yu take an opportunity to go and visit at the start of Chapter 8?
(b) Qin Zhong.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Zhen Shi-yin live with?
2. At the birthday party in Chapter 11, what does much of the conversation center on?
3. What does the family take notice in terms of Dai-yu's situation?
4. What is the name of the prestigious family about which the story is told?
5. What does Bao-yu drink while visiting Bao-chai?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)