|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Bao-chai and Zhou Rai's wife talk about at the start of Chapter 7?
(a) Zhou Rai's wife's problems with her husband.
(b) The simple prescription a monk prescribed for Bao-chai's illness.
(c) The difficult prescription a monk prescribed for Bao-chai's illness.
(d) Their problems with their children.
2. When Bao-yu visits the Department of the Ill-Fated Fair, what is he allowed to look at?
(a) Three registers of the youngest women in Jinling.
(b) Three registers of the most beautiful girls in Jinling.
(c) A meeting of all the beautiful women of Jinling.
(d) The naked body of the most beautiful woman in Jinling.
3. What is Dai-yu most concerned about on the first day of school?
(a) If she will fit in.
(b) If Bao-yu's father will also become angry with her one day.
(c) Whether or not Bao-yu will bid farewell to Bao-chai also.
(d) How she will be able to study and also work at the estate.
4. What is the name of the prestigious family about which the story is told?
5. In order to cure Bao-yu of his lust of the mind, he is given a bride named _____.
6. What is Grandmother Jia and family invited to?
(a) A wedding banquet.
(b) A star-gazing party.
(c) A flower viewing party.
(d) A tea ceremony party.
7. Who is Qin Zhong?
(a) Bao-chai's brother.
(b) Dai-yu's half brother.
(c) Qin-shi's brother.
(d) Qin-shi's half-brother.
8. What is the name of the goddess in the opening chapter?
9. What do Bao-yu and Qin Zhong quickly learn about each other?
(a) That they are both attracted to maids in their household.
(b) That they are both confused about their sexuality.
(c) That they are both rich.
(d) That they are both without a tutor.
10. What does Bao-yu drink while visiting Bao-chai?
11. What is the real reason for Jia Rui becoming ill?
(a) He is lovesick.
(b) He falls into a stagnant pond.
(c) He eats food that has gone bad.
(d) He is doused with contents of a slop pail.
12. What does the monk promise to do to the stone?
(a) Inscribe it.
(b) Carve it.
(c) Take it home.
(d) Find it a home.
13. What is the alleged, but inaccurate, reason given for Jia Rui becoming ill?
(a) An ancient curse.
(b) His lack of respect for his parents.
(c) His inability to have Xi-feng.
(d) His many liaisons with prostitutes.
14. What does Xi-feng do when Bao-yu questions a servant at the Ning Mansion?
(a) She quietly tells him not to worry about it.
(b) She angrily hushes him.
(c) She calls a maid to distract from the situation.
(d) She confronts the servant herself.
15. Who starts to make regular visits to Qin-shi after the birthday party?
(b) Jia Rui.
(c) Bao-yu's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What feeling is Bao-yu filled with in his dream?
2. Who forms deeps friendship with Darling and Precious?
3. Who calms Bao-yu down when he makes a scene after his visit with Bao-chai?
4. Who makes a loud entrance at the Jia residence?
5. What does Xi-feng make Jia Rui believe about herself?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)