|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the headmaster leave in charge of the school while he is on leave?
(a) His nephew.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His grandson.
(d) His niece.
2. Who are the first people who come across the stone after the goddess leaves it there?
(a) A monk and priest.
(b) A monk and Taoist.
(c) A warrior and monk.
(d) A Buddhist and monk.
3. Who starts school at the beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) Qin Zhong and Dai-yu.
(b) Bao-chai and Bao-yu.
(c) Dai-yu and Bao-yu.
(d) Bao-yu and Qin Zhong.
4. What does the Taoist in the first chapter change his name to?
(a) Brother in Light.
(b) Writer of Love.
(c) Brother Amor.
(d) Warrior of the Sun.
5. Who is Qin Zhong?
(a) Bao-chai's brother.
(b) Dai-yu's half brother.
(c) Qin-shi's half-brother.
(d) Qin-shi's brother.
6. What does Yu-cun let the family know about the murder case?
(a) That they are indicted until the case is closed.
(b) That they will need to pay a large sum of money.
(c) That the matter of the murder has been cleared up.
(d) That they will need to come to court.
7. Who performs Disenchantment's A Dream of Golden Days for Bao-yu?
(a) The sorcerer.
(d) The fairies.
8. Why does Dai-yu get upset in Chapter 8?
(a) Because Bao-yu has chosen the same time to visit Bao-chai.
(b) Because Xi-feng scolds her.
(c) Because Bao-yu gets drunk.
(d) Because she is brought the flowers last and forced to take leftovers.
9. Why does Yu-cun feel uncomfortable around the usher?
(a) Because the usher is his uncle.
(b) Because he overheard the usher plotting against him.
(c) Because he knew Yu-cun before he was high ranking.
(d) Because the usher has killed his friend.
10. Where does Bao-yu beg to go with Xi-feng in Chapter 7?
(a) The Ning Mansion.
(b) To visit Bao-chai.
(c) The Imperial Palace.
(d) The Temple of the Iron Threshold.
11. What is the name of the prestigious family about which the story is told?
12. What feeling is Bao-yu filled with in his dream?
13. What is the goddess in the opening chapter in the middle of doing?
(b) Reading a book.
(c) Mending the sky.
(d) Choosing a husband.
14. What does the monk promise to do to the stone?
(a) Carve it.
(b) Inscribe it.
(c) Find it a home.
(d) Take it home.
15. Who is suffering from a mysterious sickness at the end of Chapter 10?
(c) Qin Zhong.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is brought to life by a magical fictional stone?
2. According to the inscription on the stone, what has the stone once been?
3. What is the alleged, but inaccurate, reason given for Jia Rui becoming ill?
4. Knowing she is to fulfill all of Bao-yu's needs, Aroma allows him to _____.
5. Who do the Jia family throw a birthday party for?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)