|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Xi-feng make Jia Rui believe about herself?
(a) That she is interested in him.
(b) That she is very rich.
(c) That she is much older than him.
(d) That she wants nothing to do with him.
2. What does the monk promise to do to the stone?
(a) Take it home.
(b) Find it a home.
(c) Carve it.
(d) Inscribe it.
3. Where is the party Grandmother Jia and the family held?
(a) At the Regal Greenhouse.
(b) At the Cherry Blossom Courtyard.
(c) At the Ning Mansion.
(d) At the Regal Theatre.
4. Who does Dai-yu learn she will be living with even though it is not customary for girls to live with boys?
5. Who does Zhen Shi-yin live with?
(a) His daughter and her husband.
(b) His son and wife.
(c) His wife and daughter.
(d) His brother and mother.
6. What is the name of the summit at which the goddess leaves the extra stone?
(a) Greensickness Peak.
(b) Fortune Cliff.
(c) Valley of Misfortune.
(d) Lovely Mountain.
7. Why is the headmaster going on leave?
(a) To attend business.
(b) To take vacation.
(c) To meet the Jia family.
(d) He is ill.
8. How does the stone feel after being left by the goddess?
(a) Scared and confused.
(b) Rejected and useless.
(c) Small yet strong.
(d) Free and happy.
9. Why does Dai-yu get upset in Chapter 8?
(a) Because she is brought the flowers last and forced to take leftovers.
(b) Because Xi-feng scolds her.
(c) Because Bao-yu has chosen the same time to visit Bao-chai.
(d) Because Bao-yu gets drunk.
10. They reach the Ford of Error where Bao-yu finds himself being pulled into _____.
(b) The ford.
(c) A cave of jewels.
(d) Dai-yu's room.
11. Where does Bao-yu beg to go with Xi-feng in Chapter 7?
(a) To visit Bao-chai.
(b) The Ning Mansion.
(c) The Imperial Palace.
(d) The Temple of the Iron Threshold.
12. Who refuses to attend the birthday party?
(a) Jia Rui.
(d) Jia Jing.
13. What develops between the three main characters of the book?
(a) A mysterious murder.
(b) Great hate.
(c) A long-term friendship.
(d) A love triangle.
14. What do Duke of Ning-guo and Duke of Ring-guo believe will happen if Bao-yu engages in sexual pleasure?
(a) He will not be able to have children.
(b) He will fail in his studies.
(c) He will become a better student.
(d) He will have no chance with Dai-yu.
15. What is the goddess in the opening chapter in the middle of doing?
(a) Reading a book.
(b) Choosing a husband.
(c) Mending the sky.
Short Answer Questions
1. Knowing she is to fulfill all of Bao-yu's needs, Aroma allows him to _____.
2. According to Jia Yu-cun and Leng Zi-xing, what makes a person fundamentally good or bad?
3. Who does the headmaster leave in charge of the school while he is on leave?
4. What is Grandmother Jia and family invited to?
5. From what country is the family this story is about?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)