Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aroma realize about Bao-yu as she helps him redress after his nap?
(a) He has had a sexual dream.
(b) He has had a night sweat.
(c) He is ice cold.
(d) He is shaking.
2. Who does the headmaster leave in charge of the school while he is on leave?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His nephew.
(c) His grandson.
(d) His niece.
3. Why does Dai-yu get upset in Chapter 7?
(a) Because she is brought the flowers last.
(b) Because she feels she has been punished for no reason.
(c) Because Bao-yu has chosen the same time to visit Bao-chai.
(d) Because Bao-yu taunts her.
4. What does the monk promise to do to the stone?
(a) Carve it.
(b) Find it a home.
(c) Inscribe it.
(d) Take it home.
5. From what country is the family this story is about?
6. Who do the Jia family throw a birthday party for?
(b) Jia Qiang.
(c) Jia Rui.
(d) Jia Jing.
7. Who warns Yu-cun not to arrest Xue?
(a) The usher.
(b) Lady Wang.
(c) Feng Yuan.
(d) A monk.
8. What does the Taoist in the first chapter change his name to?
(a) Warrior of the Sun.
(b) Brother Amor.
(c) Brother in Light.
(d) Writer of Love.
9. Who calms Bao-yu down when he makes a scene after his visit with Bao-chai?
(a) Nannie Li.
10. What is the goddess in the opening chapter in the middle of doing?
(a) Mending the sky.
(b) Reading a book.
(c) Choosing a husband.
11. What happens to Jia Rui at the time of his first secret meeting?
(a) He gets drunk.
(b) He meets his beloved.
(c) He has sex with a prostitute.
(d) He is left sitting in the cold all night.
12. What does the family take notice in terms of Dai-yu's situation?
(a) She is a jovial child.
(b) She is in a weakened state.
(c) She is an outspoken girl.
(d) She is very tall and elegant.
13. What is the name of the summit at which the goddess leaves the extra stone?
(a) Fortune Cliff.
(b) Valley of Misfortune.
(c) Greensickness Peak.
(d) Lovely Mountain.
14. What do Bao-yu and Xi-feng hear as they leave the Ning Mansion?
(a) A baby crying.
(b) A maid cursing Xi-feng.
(c) A drunken servant cursing the Jia family.
(d) A drunken servant cursing the Ning family.
15. Who interrupts Bao-yu's visit with Bao-chai in Chapter 8?
(a) Qin Zhong.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jia Rui nearly sleep with accidentally?
2. Why does Yu-cun feel uncomfortable around the usher?
3. What feeling is Bao-yu filled with in his dream?
4. What is Dai-yu most concerned about on the first day of school?
5. Who forms deeps friendship with Darling and Precious?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)