|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Yu-cun feel uncomfortable around the usher?
(a) Because he knew Yu-cun before he was high ranking.
(b) Because the usher has killed his friend.
(c) Because the usher is his uncle.
(d) Because he overheard the usher plotting against him.
2. Who does Bao-yu cry out to in order to help him when he is dreaming?
3. Who performs Disenchantment's A Dream of Golden Days for Bao-yu?
(b) The sorcerer.
(c) The fairies.
4. What item of Bao-yu's does Bao-chai want a closer look at when he visits her?
(a) His gold ring.
(b) His shirt.
(c) His schoolbooks.
(d) His magical jade.
5. How does Jia Rui eventually die?
(a) He suffers heart failure.
(b) He is stabbed by Xi-feng in a dream and never wakes up.
(c) He falls out of a second floor window.
(d) He looks into the wrong side of the Taoist's mirror.
6. According to the inscription on the stone, what has the stone once been?
(a) A man.
(b) A boat.
(c) A woman.
(d) A dog.
7. Who forms deeps friendship with Darling and Precious?
(a) Qin Zhong and Bao-yu.
(b) Dai-yu and Qin Zhong.
(c) Dai-yu and Bao-yu.
(d) Bao-chai and Dai-yu.
8. What is the name of the prestigious family about which the story is told?
9. Who warns Yu-cun not to arrest Xue?
(a) Lady Wang.
(b) A monk.
(c) Feng Yuan.
(d) The usher.
10. What actual name does Bao-yu cry out in his sleep?
11. Of whom does Bao-yu dream?
(a) The fairy Disenchantment.
(d) Qin Shi.
12. When Bao-yu visits the Department of the Ill-Fated Fair, what is he allowed to look at?
(a) A meeting of all the beautiful women of Jinling.
(b) Three registers of the most beautiful girls in Jinling.
(c) The naked body of the most beautiful woman in Jinling.
(d) Three registers of the youngest women in Jinling.
13. Who interrupts Bao-yu's visit with Bao-chai in Chapter 8?
(b) Qin Zhong.
14. Who starts school at the beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) Bao-chai and Bao-yu.
(b) Bao-yu and Qin Zhong.
(c) Qin Zhong and Dai-yu.
(d) Dai-yu and Bao-yu.
15. What do Bao-yu and Qin Zhong quickly learn about each other?
(a) That they are both confused about their sexuality.
(b) That they are both rich.
(c) That they are both without a tutor.
(d) That they are both attracted to maids in their household.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leng Zi-xing explain in regards to turning out sons?
2. Who suggests a complex plan of action to bring a satisfactory end to the whole affair over which Yu-cun is presiding?
3. What is Grandmother Jia and family invited to?
4. Who does the headmaster leave in charge of the school while he is on leave?
5. What is the name of the summit at which the goddess leaves the extra stone?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)