|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yu-cun let the family know about the murder case?
(a) That they will need to pay a large sum of money.
(b) That they are indicted until the case is closed.
(c) That the matter of the murder has been cleared up.
(d) That they will need to come to court.
2. What does the main story line follow?
(a) The growing up years of sisters Qan-yen, Qin-shi, and Dai-yu.
(b) The growing up years of brothers Bao-yu, Xi-feng, and Qin-Zhong.
(c) The growing up years of friends Bao-yu, Precious, and Jokey Jin.
(d) The growing up years of cousins Bao-yu, Dai-yu, and Bao-chai.
3. Who are the first people who come across the stone after the goddess leaves it there?
(a) A warrior and monk.
(b) A monk and priest.
(c) A monk and Taoist.
(d) A Buddhist and monk.
4. What does Aunt Xue give to Zhou Rai's wife?
(a) A box of real flowers.
(b) A box of decorations for her house.
(c) A box of artificial flowers.
(d) A box filled with money.
5. According to the inscription on the stone, what has the stone once been?
(a) A boat.
(b) A man.
(c) A dog.
(d) A woman.
6. How does the stone feel after being left by the goddess?
(a) Free and happy.
(b) Small yet strong.
(c) Rejected and useless.
(d) Scared and confused.
7. What is the real reason for Jia Rui becoming ill?
(a) He eats food that has gone bad.
(b) He is lovesick.
(c) He is doused with contents of a slop pail.
(d) He falls into a stagnant pond.
8. Who interrupts Bao-yu's visit with Bao-chai in Chapter 8?
(a) Qin Zhong.
9. What is Grandmother Jia and family invited to?
(a) A flower viewing party.
(b) A wedding banquet.
(c) A star-gazing party.
(d) A tea ceremony party.
10. These four friends including Darling and Precious often communicated with each other during studies in a way that they thought _____.
(a) Could be understood by every other classmate.
(b) The teacher would not notice.
(c) The others in the classroom were not aware.
(d) Was acceptable to their other friends.
11. What do Bao-chai and Zhou Rai's wife talk about at the start of Chapter 7?
(a) The difficult prescription a monk prescribed for Bao-chai's illness.
(b) The simple prescription a monk prescribed for Bao-chai's illness.
(c) Their problems with their children.
(d) Zhou Rai's wife's problems with her husband.
12. What does Bao-yu drink while visiting Bao-chai?
13. What job does Yu-cun learn there is a possibility of getting back?
14. Who does Dai-yu learn she will be living with even though it is not customary for girls to live with boys?
15. How long did Feng Yuan wait to marry the girl in which he was interested?
(a) One year.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Three days.
(d) Five weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aroma realize about Bao-yu as she helps him redress after his nap?
2. What does Grannie finally admit to Zhou under pressure?
3. Where is Dai-yu to reside?
4. Who starts school at the beginning of Chapter 9?
5. What happens to Jia Rui at the time of his first secret meeting?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)