|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job does Yu-cun learn there is a possibility of getting back?
2. What is the reason given against Yu-cun arresting Xue?
(a) Xue will put a curse on him.
(b) Yu-cun does not understand the circumstances.
(c) Xue is cursed.
(d) Xue is from a rich family.
3. Who warns Yu-cun not to arrest Xue?
(a) A monk.
(b) The usher.
(c) Lady Wang.
(d) Feng Yuan.
4. What does Bao-yu drink while visiting Bao-chai?
5. Where is the party Grandmother Jia and the family held?
(a) At the Ning Mansion.
(b) At the Regal Theatre.
(c) At the Regal Greenhouse.
(d) At the Cherry Blossom Courtyard.
6. Why does Dai-yu get upset in Chapter 8?
(a) Because Xi-feng scolds her.
(b) Because Bao-yu has chosen the same time to visit Bao-chai.
(c) Because she is brought the flowers last and forced to take leftovers.
(d) Because Bao-yu gets drunk.
7. According to the inscription on the stone, what has the stone once been?
(a) A dog.
(b) A woman.
(c) A man.
(d) A boat.
8. What is the name of the goddess in the opening chapter?
9. Which character from earlier in the book resurfaces working as a maid under the name Caltrop?
(a) Disenchantment, the fairy.
(c) Ying Lian.
10. What is the name of the Chinese town the story line switches too after the Taoist changes his name?
11. How does Jia Rui eventually die?
(a) He falls out of a second floor window.
(b) He is stabbed by Xi-feng in a dream and never wakes up.
(c) He suffers heart failure.
(d) He looks into the wrong side of the Taoist's mirror.
12. What is the name of the summit at which the goddess leaves the extra stone?
(a) Valley of Misfortune.
(b) Greensickness Peak.
(c) Fortune Cliff.
(d) Lovely Mountain.
13. Who reveals sexual feelings for Xi-feng to her around the time of the birthday party?
(a) Qin Zhong.
(b) Jia Rui.
(c) Jia Jing.
14. What is the goddess in the opening chapter in the middle of doing?
(a) Choosing a husband.
(c) Mending the sky.
(d) Reading a book.
15. What is the subject of the conversation Zhen Shi-yin overhears in his dream?
(a) The curse of the magical stone.
(b) The future of his daughter's life.
(c) The future of the magical stone.
(d) A problem with his son's character.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Duke of Ning-guo and Duke of Ring-guo believe will happen if Bao-yu engages in sexual pleasure?
2. Grannie Liu visits the Rong Mansion under the cover of seeing Mrs. Zhou, an old friend, but what is she really looking for?
3. Who does Bao-yu take an opportunity to go and visit at the start of Chapter 8?
4. What does Aroma realize about Bao-yu as she helps him redress after his nap?
5. What does Yu-cun do to the usher as a result of feeling uncomfortable around him?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)