|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the family take notice in terms of Dai-yu's situation?
(a) She is very tall and elegant.
(b) She is an outspoken girl.
(c) She is in a weakened state.
(d) She is a jovial child.
2. Who is suffering from a mysterious sickness at the end of Chapter 10?
(d) Qin Zhong.
3. Where is Dai-yu to reside?
(a) At a convent.
(b) At her mother's family's estate.
(c) The Jia family residence.
(d) In boarding school.
4. What does Aunt Xue give to Zhou Rai's wife?
(a) A box of artificial flowers.
(b) A box of real flowers.
(c) A box filled with money.
(d) A box of decorations for her house.
5. What is the name of the prestigious family about which the story is told?
6. Who warns Yu-cun not to arrest Xue?
(a) The usher.
(b) Lady Wang.
(c) A monk.
(d) Feng Yuan.
7. Who reveals sexual feelings for Xi-feng to her around the time of the birthday party?
(a) Jia Jing.
(c) Qin Zhong.
(d) Jia Rui.
8. Who is brought to life by a magical fictional stone?
9. What develops between the three main characters of the book?
(a) A love triangle.
(b) A mysterious murder.
(c) Great hate.
(d) A long-term friendship.
10. What is Bao-yu's first question to Dai-yu?
(a) If she has seen the stone in the pond.
(b) If she is married.
(c) If she fancies him.
(d) Whether she has a green jade like him.
11. According to Jia Yu-cun and Leng Zi-xing, what makes a person fundamentally good or bad?
(b) Family and friends.
(d) The amount of money they have.
12. These four friends including Darling and Precious often communicated with each other during studies in a way that they thought _____.
(a) Was acceptable to their other friends.
(b) The teacher would not notice.
(c) Could be understood by every other classmate.
(d) The others in the classroom were not aware.
13. What is the name of the summit at which the goddess leaves the extra stone?
(a) Greensickness Peak.
(b) Valley of Misfortune.
(c) Lovely Mountain.
(d) Fortune Cliff.
14. Of whom does Bao-yu dream?
(a) Qin Shi.
(d) The fairy Disenchantment.
15. What do Bao-chai and Zhou Rai's wife talk about at the start of Chapter 7?
(a) The difficult prescription a monk prescribed for Bao-chai's illness.
(b) Their problems with their children.
(c) The simple prescription a monk prescribed for Bao-chai's illness.
(d) Zhou Rai's wife's problems with her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Bao-yu and Qin Zhong quickly learn about each other?
2. Who forms deeps friendship with Darling and Precious?
3. What is Grandmother Jia and family invited to?
4. Who does Bao-yu cry out to in order to help him when he is dreaming?
5. Before Bao-yu leaves for school, his father berates him for _____.
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)