|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the monk promise to do to the stone?
(a) Carve it.
(b) Find it a home.
(c) Take it home.
(d) Inscribe it.
2. Grannie Liu first sees Xi-feng who makes the suggestion that these relatives don't visit because they find the Jias _____.
(b) Too busy.
3. What is the reason given against Yu-cun arresting Xue?
(a) Xue is cursed.
(b) Xue will put a curse on him.
(c) Yu-cun does not understand the circumstances.
(d) Xue is from a rich family.
4. What does Bao-yu do when the answer from Dai-yu is "no"?
(a) He takes her immediately to the pond.
(b) He begins to cry quietly.
(c) He laughs loudly.
(d) He throws a fit.
5. From what country is the family this story is about?
6. Who warns Yu-cun not to arrest Xue?
(a) The usher.
(b) Feng Yuan.
(c) Lady Wang.
(d) A monk.
7. What was the subject of dispute Yu-cun was set to rule over?
(a) A monk breaking celibacy.
(b) A police killing.
(c) A slave girl.
(d) A robbery.
8. What is the name of the goddess in the opening chapter?
9. Where is the party Grandmother Jia and the family held?
(a) At the Regal Greenhouse.
(b) At the Cherry Blossom Courtyard.
(c) At the Ning Mansion.
(d) At the Regal Theatre.
10. Before Bao-yu leaves for school, his father berates him for _____.
(a) His lack of study skills.
(b) Leaving late.
(c) Forgetting his books.
(d) His desire to skip the first day.
11. What does Aroma realize about Bao-yu as she helps him redress after his nap?
(a) He has had a night sweat.
(b) He is shaking.
(c) He is ice cold.
(d) He has had a sexual dream.
12. Who refuses to attend the birthday party?
(c) Jia Jing.
(d) Jia Rui.
13. Grannie Liu visits the Rong Mansion under the cover of seeing Mrs. Zhou, an old friend, but what is she really looking for?
(a) Bao-yu's stone.
(b) A runaway servant.
(c) The Jia family will.
(d) A hand out.
14. Who forms deeps friendship with Darling and Precious?
(a) Dai-yu and Bao-yu.
(b) Qin Zhong and Bao-yu.
(c) Dai-yu and Qin Zhong.
(d) Bao-chai and Dai-yu.
15. Who does Dai-yu learn she will be living with even though it is not customary for girls to live with boys?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jia Rui nearly sleep with accidentally?
2. Who suggests a complex plan of action to bring a satisfactory end to the whole affair over which Yu-cun is presiding?
3. What does Leng Zi-xing explain in regards to turning out sons?
4. Who has a brief discussion with Lady Wang about Bao-yu's odd behavior?
5. Who interrupts Bao-yu's visit with Bao-chai in Chapter 8?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)