|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who performs Disenchantment's A Dream of Golden Days for Bao-yu?
(a) The fairies.
(c) The sorcerer.
2. Who starts to make regular visits to Qin-shi after the birthday party?
(a) Jia Rui.
(d) Bao-yu's father.
3. Before Bao-yu leaves for school, his father berates him for _____.
(a) His desire to skip the first day.
(b) Leaving late.
(c) Forgetting his books.
(d) His lack of study skills.
4. What was the subject of dispute Yu-cun was set to rule over?
(a) A police killing.
(b) A robbery.
(c) A slave girl.
(d) A monk breaking celibacy.
5. What is Dai-yu most concerned about on the first day of school?
(a) If she will fit in.
(b) Whether or not Bao-yu will bid farewell to Bao-chai also.
(c) How she will be able to study and also work at the estate.
(d) If Bao-yu's father will also become angry with her one day.
6. How long did Feng Yuan wait to marry the girl in which he was interested?
(a) One year.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Three days.
(d) Five weeks.
7. Who starts school at the beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) Qin Zhong and Dai-yu.
(b) Bao-chai and Bao-yu.
(c) Bao-yu and Qin Zhong.
(d) Dai-yu and Bao-yu.
8. What is the name of the Chinese town the story line switches too after the Taoist changes his name?
9. What does Yu-cun do to the usher as a result of feeling uncomfortable around him?
(a) Flees the city.
(b) Has the usher arrested.
(c) Kills the usher's father.
(d) Calls in a complaint to the police anonymously.
10. What develops between the three main characters of the book?
(a) Great hate.
(b) A mysterious murder.
(c) A love triangle.
(d) A long-term friendship.
11. What happens to Jia Rui at the time of his first secret meeting?
(a) He meets his beloved.
(b) He is left sitting in the cold all night.
(c) He gets drunk.
(d) He has sex with a prostitute.
12. Where is Dai-yu to reside?
(a) At her mother's family's estate.
(b) In boarding school.
(c) At a convent.
(d) The Jia family residence.
13. What does Xi-feng make Jia Rui believe about herself?
(a) That she is very rich.
(b) That she wants nothing to do with him.
(c) That she is interested in him.
(d) That she is much older than him.
14. What do Duke of Ning-guo and Duke of Ring-guo believe will happen if Bao-yu engages in sexual pleasure?
(a) He will fail in his studies.
(b) He will become a better student.
(c) He will not be able to have children.
(d) He will have no chance with Dai-yu.
15. Who is suffering from a mysterious sickness at the end of Chapter 10?
(d) Qin Zhong.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character from earlier in the book resurfaces working as a maid under the name Caltrop?
2. Who interrupts Bao-yu's visit with Bao-chai in Chapter 8?
3. Why does Dai-yu get upset in Chapter 7?
4. What does Bao-yu drink while visiting Bao-chai?
5. Knowing she is to fulfill all of Bao-yu's needs, Aroma allows him to _____.
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)