|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Bao-yu visits the Department of the Ill-Fated Fair, what is he allowed to look at?
(a) A meeting of all the beautiful women of Jinling.
(b) The naked body of the most beautiful woman in Jinling.
(c) Three registers of the youngest women in Jinling.
(d) Three registers of the most beautiful girls in Jinling.
2. How long did Feng Yuan wait to marry the girl in which he was interested?
(a) Three days.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Five weeks.
(d) One year.
3. What does Yu-cun let the family know about the murder case?
(a) That they will need to pay a large sum of money.
(b) That the matter of the murder has been cleared up.
(c) That they will need to come to court.
(d) That they are indicted until the case is closed.
4. Who sends Yu-cun to the capitol with his daughter Dai-yu?
(d) Lin Ru-hai.
5. What does Leng Zi-xing explain in regards to turning out sons?
(a) That they struggle in bearing good male heirs.
(b) They will soon be turning over their estate to the youngest male heir.
(c) They are very successful in turning out strong and capable sons.
(d) They are looking for a man to replace their sons.
6. Who calms Bao-yu down when he makes a scene after his visit with Bao-chai?
(d) Nannie Li.
7. What does the main story line follow?
(a) The growing up years of brothers Bao-yu, Xi-feng, and Qin-Zhong.
(b) The growing up years of cousins Bao-yu, Dai-yu, and Bao-chai.
(c) The growing up years of friends Bao-yu, Precious, and Jokey Jin.
(d) The growing up years of sisters Qan-yen, Qin-shi, and Dai-yu.
8. What feeling is Bao-yu filled with in his dream?
9. Who is Qin Zhong?
(a) Bao-chai's brother.
(b) Qin-shi's brother.
(c) Dai-yu's half brother.
(d) Qin-shi's half-brother.
10. Who performs Disenchantment's A Dream of Golden Days for Bao-yu?
(a) The sorcerer.
(c) The fairies.
11. Where is the party Grandmother Jia and the family held?
(a) At the Cherry Blossom Courtyard.
(b) At the Ning Mansion.
(c) At the Regal Theatre.
(d) At the Regal Greenhouse.
12. Bao-yu and Qin Zhong form a plan to encourage their families to send them to _____.
(a) The Imperial Palace.
(b) A private school.
(c) Each other's houses.
(d) The Temple of the Iron Threshold.
13. Who does Bao-yu take an opportunity to go and visit at the start of Chapter 8?
(a) Qin Zhong.
14. These four friends including Darling and Precious often communicated with each other during studies in a way that they thought _____.
(a) The teacher would not notice.
(b) The others in the classroom were not aware.
(c) Could be understood by every other classmate.
(d) Was acceptable to their other friends.
15. What does Aroma realize about Bao-yu as she helps him redress after his nap?
(a) He has had a night sweat.
(b) He is shaking.
(c) He is ice cold.
(d) He has had a sexual dream.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jia Rui eventually die?
2. What is the goddess in the opening chapter in the middle of doing?
3. During the party Bao-yu becomes...
4. What is the name of the Chinese town the story line switches too after the Taoist changes his name?
5. What happens to Jia Rui at the time of his first secret meeting?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)