|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bao-yu drink while visiting Bao-chai?
2. Which character from earlier in the book resurfaces working as a maid under the name Caltrop?
(c) Ying Lian.
(d) Disenchantment, the fairy.
3. Why does Dai-yu get upset in Chapter 8?
(a) Because she is brought the flowers last and forced to take leftovers.
(b) Because Bao-yu gets drunk.
(c) Because Bao-yu has chosen the same time to visit Bao-chai.
(d) Because Xi-feng scolds her.
4. What does the Taoist in the first chapter change his name to?
(a) Brother in Light.
(b) Writer of Love.
(c) Warrior of the Sun.
(d) Brother Amor.
5. Who are Darling and Precious?
(a) Two friends of Dai-yu's.
(b) The names of the principal's dogs.
(c) Two sisters living in the boarding school.
(d) Two other boys who attend the clan school.
6. What is the name of the Chinese town the story line switches too after the Taoist changes his name?
7. Who does Dai-yu learn she will be living with even though it is not customary for girls to live with boys?
8. What was the subject of dispute Yu-cun was set to rule over?
(a) A robbery.
(b) A police killing.
(c) A slave girl.
(d) A monk breaking celibacy.
9. Knowing she is to fulfill all of Bao-yu's needs, Aroma allows him to _____.
(a) Cry openly.
(b) Strike her.
(c) Speak ill of his father.
(d) Have his way with her.
10. What actual name does Bao-yu cry out in his sleep?
11. Who settles the boy in Qin Shi's room?
(d) Qin Shi.
12. What is the name of the goddess in the opening chapter?
13. Who do the Jia family throw a birthday party for?
(a) Jia Jing.
(b) Jia Rui.
(d) Jia Qiang.
14. What does the monk promise to do to the stone?
(a) Take it home.
(b) Find it a home.
(c) Inscribe it.
(d) Carve it.
15. Who performs Disenchantment's A Dream of Golden Days for Bao-yu?
(b) The fairies.
(d) The sorcerer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Bao-yu and Xi-feng hear as they leave the Ning Mansion?
2. Who is brought to life by a magical fictional stone?
3. Who does Zhen Shi-yin live with?
4. From what country is the family this story is about?
5. Who starts to make regular visits to Qin-shi after the birthday party?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)