Essay Topic 1
The Dragon Reborn is one book in a series of novels involving the Rand Al'Thor and his world. Discuss the following.
1. What are some advantages of writing a series of novels about the same characters? Use examples.
2. What are some disadvantages of writing a series of novels about the same characters? Use examples.
3. Do you prefer to read a standalone book, or a series of books with the same main characters? Explain your response.
4. Do you think it is easier or more difficult (or about the same) to write a standalone book versus one in a series? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Most fantasy novels, and in some sense, most novels, deal with the concept of good and evil. Discuss the following:
1. What are the forces allied with "good" in Rand's world and what forces are allied with "evil"?
2. How does one distinguish good from evil...
This section contains 2,400 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)