|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did renaissance writers sometimes make great stretches to include in their work?
2. What attribute does Lewis say medieval writers had that modern ones do not?
3. What does Lewis say makes medieval literature dull and boring?
4. What did medieval psychology deal with?
5. How was the third species of creation thought to be created in medieval times?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the church feel about astrology?
2. How did the prime mover move, and why?
3. How did the lower spheres move according to medieval scholars, and why?
4. What does Lewis say was the most important thing to remember about medieval belief in mythological creatures?
5. What does Lewis say it is hard to determine about the belief in mythological creatures?
6. Which did the medieval scholars decide were created first, the soul or the body?
7. What does Lewis say one of the most notable features of renaissance literature is?
8. How did medieval man explain insanity?
9. What did Lewis say medieval man was enamored with, and how did this change their literature?
10. What is obvious about the medieval belief in mythological creatures?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the medieval model, and how did this affect the medieval society?
Essay Topic 2
How were science and religion connected in medieval times, and how does this differ from our current society?
Essay Topic 3
What was the significance of the title of the book, and what role did it play in the telling of this interesting history?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)