|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What about medieval man does Lewis call obsolete?
2. What in the sky changed regularly?
3. What did medieval man give a great amount of authority to?
4. Why were those unaware of the model still affected by it?
5. Who does Chacidius borrow from to expand the Doctrine of the Triad?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lewis say the model is a reflection of?
2. What was Boethius's most important work, and what was it about?
3. What does Lewis say the ideas of the medieval man look like at first glance?
4. Who would have been least likely to know about or understand the model?
5. What did the model serve as a backdrop for?
6. How did Lewis say the pagans view nature in their writing?
7. What did medieval men give a lot of authority and credence to?
8. Where does Lewis say the popular ideas about medieval men come from?
9. How were people unaware of the model affected by it still?
10. How did Lewis say the Christians view nature in their writing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was the main moral of Amyclas the Farmer, and how did this story impact medieval literature?
Essay Topic 2
Education and the importance of training is a constant theme in this book. Where does this theme appear, and which parts of the medieval culture are most affected by it?
Essay Topic 3
What are the main differences between the rational soul and the spiritual soul? Please cite information from the book to substantiate your answer.
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)