|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were those unaware of the model still affected by it?
2. What was the great project of most medieval writers?
3. What did medieval men like to make systems out of?
4. What in the sky changed regularly?
5. What did the medieval spirits become in Christian writing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the model?
2. Who was Boethius?
3. What did medieval men give a lot of authority and credence to?
4. Where does Lewis say the popular ideas about medieval men come from?
5. How did Dionysius split up the different groups of angels?
6. What does Lewis say it is important not to see the model as?
7. How did Lewis say the pagans view nature in their writing?
8. How were people unaware of the model affected by it still?
9. What does Lewis say the process is for most people when they make their opinion of medieval men and practices?
10. What does the story of Cato and Marcia provide in literature?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are longaevi, and how did their supposed existence affect the society and literature of medieval times?
Essay Topic 2
What is the doctrine of the triad, and what are some of the places this doctrine fit in to medieval society and history?
Essay Topic 3
What was the significance of the title of the book, and what role did it play in the telling of this interesting history?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)