|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What influence brought about the Seminal Period?
2. What about medieval man does Lewis call obsolete?
3. What kind of conflicts did Christians and pagans have?
4. Who was Amyclas NOT intimidated by?
5. What did Macrobius usually write about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lewis say the ideas of the medieval man look like at first glance?
2. What did the model serve as a backdrop for?
3. What were some of the most important debates in medieval times?
4. What did medieval men give a lot of authority and credence to?
5. What is the doctrine of the triad?
6. According to Lewis, who were the two most noteworthy medieval writers?
7. Where does Lewis say the popular ideas about medieval men come from?
8. How did Macrobius come to the aid of Cicero and Plato when the benefits of fiction were questioned?
9. What is the doctrine of plentitude?
10. What is the model?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Lewis stay balanced in his informational book about medieval literature, and how did this change the tone of the book?
Essay Topic 2
How was the theme of diversity shown in this book, and what parts of medieval culture were most affected by this?
Essay Topic 3
Science was a major theme in this book. Where did it appear, and how was it used to further the informational tone of the book?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)