|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was realism opposed to?
2. What did the medieval men have to reconcile in their culture?
(a) Tribal differences.
(b) Contradicting statements.
(c) Time changes.
(d) Values that go against nature.
3. What was Amyclas's occupation?
4. Which of the following did Lewis say medieval men worshiped?
(b) None of these.
5. What does Lewis say some people view the medieval man as?
(b) All of these.
(d) Less civilized.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lewis say the model should NOT be?
2. What did Aristotle's writings not interfere with?
3. What does Lewis say the medieval mind had a desire to do?
4. Why was it harder for pagans to write about nature?
5. How does Lewis feel about the popular beliefs about medieval man?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were some of the most important debates in medieval times?
2. What did the model serve as a backdrop for?
3. How did Lewis say the pagan and Christian views of spirits differ?
4. How did Macrobius come to the aid of Cicero and Plato when the benefits of fiction were questioned?
5. How did medieval writers feel about Dionysius's work, and why is this so ironic?
6. What is the doctrine of the triad?
7. According to Lewis, who were the two most noteworthy medieval writers?
8. What is the model?
9. How did Macrobius clean up Somnium Scipius?
10. What two philosophies did Apulieus bring to light?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)