|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lewis say separates the medieval man from savages?
(a) Their religion.
(b) Their thirst for knowledge.
(c) Their ideals.
(d) Their strict traditions.
2. What side of the medieval debate did Aristotle side with?
3. What religion did Macrobious likely follow?
4. What was realism opposed to?
5. What was inefficient about the translation of Plato's Timmaeus?
(a) The translator added his own opinion in.
(b) It was not recorded chronologically.
(c) The reader is left not knowing the interpretation.
(d) It was left unfinished.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lewis say did NOT affect the model?
2. How does Lewis feel about the popular beliefs about medieval man?
3. What influence brought about the Seminal Period?
4. How did Lewis describe the authority medieval men gave to the written word?
5. Which of the following was NOT a contributor to the model?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who would have been least likely to know about or understand the model?
2. Who was Amyclas, and how was he important in literature?
3. What did medieval men give a lot of authority and credence to?
4. What did most medieval writers spend a great deal of their time doing?
5. How did Lewis say the pagan and Christian views of spirits differ?
6. What does Lewis say it is important not to see the model as?
7. What did medieval men like to organize and systematize?
8. According to Lewis, who were the two most noteworthy medieval writers?
9. What is the model?
10. How did Lewis say the pagans view nature in their writing?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)