|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many types of dreams did Macrobius say existed?
2. Which of the following is NOT one of the places where Chalcidius saw evidence of the Triad?
(c) God's relation with man.
3. What does Lewis say all men have an immediate response to?
(a) Their thoughts.
(b) Their emotions.
(c) Theis upbringing.
(d) Their environment.
4. What does Lewis say the model should NOT be?
(a) An exaggeration.
(b) A concrete idea.
(c) A central authority.
(d) A direct image of the time.
5. What did Macrobius think would be found at the equator?
(a) The entrance to hell.
(b) The origin of all living things.
(c) Heats too high for man to survive.
(d) A large divide in the land.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the model a reflection of?
2. What element of medieval times were effected by the model?
3. Why were those unaware of the model still affected by it?
4. What separated nature from the sky?
5. What was philosophy supposed to be free of in order to be pure?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the model serve as a backdrop for?
2. What does Lewis say the ideas of the medieval man look like at first glance?
3. What two philosophies did Apulieus bring to light?
4. What does Lewis say makes the model less valid than it could have been?
5. What is the model?
6. How did Lewis say the pagans view nature in their writing?
7. How did Lewis say the Christians view nature in their writing?
8. What were some of the most important debates in medieval times?
9. Who was Amyclas, and how was he important in literature?
10. How did Macrobius come to the aid of Cicero and Plato when the benefits of fiction were questioned?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)