|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lewis say causes men to think the way they do about medieval man?
(a) Their misinformation.
(b) Their environment.
(c) Their upbringing.
(d) Their education.
2. How did Lewis describe the debate of nominalism?
(b) All of these.
3. What religion did Macrobious likely follow?
4. Educated men in what age were most impacted by the model?
(a) Middle Ages.
(b) Industrial Age.
(c) Classical antiquity.
(d) Modern times.
5. What in the sky changed regularly?
(a) The orbits.
(d) The inhabitants.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did nature differ from the sky?
2. Who began the idea of philosophical purity?
3. How many sources contributed to the model?
4. What other element of medieval times were effected by the model?
5. What does Somnious Scipionus mean?
Short Essay Questions
1. How were people unaware of the model affected by it still?
2. Where does Lewis say the popular ideas about medieval men come from?
3. What does Lewis say the model is a reflection of?
4. What were some of the most important debates in medieval times?
5. How did Macrobius come to the aid of Cicero and Plato when the benefits of fiction were questioned?
6. According to Lewis, who were the two most noteworthy medieval writers?
7. Who was Boethius?
8. What was Boethius's most important work, and what was it about?
9. What is the doctrine of plentitude?
10. How did Macrobius clean up Somnium Scipius?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)