|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did medieval men think only a wise man could do?
(a) Divine the future by studying the past.
(b) See into the future.
(c) Resist the influence of the planets.
(d) Ignore astrology.
2. What did medieval scholars have a crude knowledge of?
(b) Tidal pulls.
3. Where did the prime mover live?
(a) The moon.
(b) The largest sphere.
(c) The ocean.
(d) The equator.
4. What does Lewis say makes medieval literature dull and boring?
(a) The lists.
(b) The tone.
(c) The similarities in the books.
(d) The details.
5. What did the thought of demonic spirits lead the Longeavi to being?
(d) Administering angels.
6. What is considered a perfect shape by medieval man?
7. What does Lewis say it is hard for some people to grasp about medieval beliefs?
(a) They had such easily disproved ideas.
(b) They were unable to see the truth of matters.
(c) They were ahead of their times.
(d) They believed in fanciful creatures.
8. What led to the belief of unicorns?
(a) False tales.
(b) Strange images.
(c) Fairy tales.
(d) Imitated pictures.
9. What does Lewis say the modern world imposes on objects?
10. Where would one find the fifth element?
(a) Beyond the sky.
(b) Underneath the earth.
(c) At the equator.
(d) Outside the orbit of the moon.
11. Why did some longaevi not want to be seen by people?
(a) They were prejudiced.
(b) They were evil.
(c) They were shy.
(d) They were weak.
12. Which of the following was NOT commonly written about in renaissance literature?
(a) Common Sense.
13. What did some people say the longaevi inhabited?
(b) Thoughts and ideas.
(d) Natural elements.
14. What was most important to Dickens in his writing?
(a) The setting.
(b) The message of his book.
(c) His writing.
(d) The subject.
15. Which soul was created by God?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did those who called the longaevi a fallen class think they were?
2. What did Lewis say was most notable about renaissance literature?
3. What made people talk less about the longaevi?
4. What is the tone of most medieval books?
5. What does Lewis say about the medieval beliefs in the things they worshiped?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)