|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Macrobius usually write about?
(a) The need for love and kindness.
(b) The origin of the world.
(c) The power of education.
(d) The protection of nature.
2. What, according to Macrobius, was a visum?
(a) A nightmare.
(b) An oracle.
(c) A repetition of events.
(d) A vision.
3. What was medieval philosophy supposed to always be separated from?
4. What was philosophy supposed to be free of in order to be pure?
5. What kind of person would not have heard of the model?
(a) Medieval scholars.
(c) Lower citizens.
(d) Educated people.
6. Which of the following was a medieval writer?
7. What side of the medieval debate did Aristotle side with?
8. What did Macrobius think would be found at the equator?
(a) Heats too high for man to survive.
(b) The entrance to hell.
(c) The origin of all living things.
(d) A large divide in the land.
9. How did Lewis describe the debate of nominalism?
(a) All of these.
10. Which of the following did Lewis say medieval men worshiped?
(a) None of these.
11. How did Scipio Minor plan to meet the gods?
(a) By flying.
(b) By talking to the moon.
(c) By living virtuously.
(d) By committing suicide.
12. What else is the model a reflection of?
(a) Religious currents.
(b) Authority figures.
(c) Strange beliefs.
(d) Duty and obligation.
13. Who cited Lucan for scientific purposes?
14. As defined by pagans, what did nature include?
(c) The earth.
(d) The living things.
15. What was historically important for the Middle Ages?
(b) Heated debates.
(c) Religious fervor.
(d) The model.
Short Answer Questions
1. Educated men in what age were most impacted by the model?
2. Why is it hard to determine what Chalcidius's religion was?
3. Who began the idea of philosophical purity?
4. Why was it ironic for Lucan to be cited for scientific purposes?
5. What did the medieval men have to reconcile in their culture?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)