|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What writer did Chalcidius adore?
2. Educated men in what age were most impacted by the model?
(a) Modern times.
(b) Classical antiquity.
(c) Middle Ages.
(d) Industrial Age.
3. What is the earliest date of a contributor to the model?
(a) 50 BC.
(b) 50 AD.
(c) 0 AD.
(d) 0 BC.
4. What did medieval man give a great amount of authority to?
(a) The stars.
5. What was philosophy supposed to be free of in order to be pure?
6. What did Macrobius think was the center of the universe?
(a) The moon.
(b) The sun.
(c) The earth.
(d) The heavens.
7. What other element of medieval times were effected by the model?
8. As defined by pagans, what did nature include?
(a) The earth.
(d) The living things.
9. What was the model a backdrop for?
10. Which of these was the model also centered around?
11. What does Lewis say causes men to think the way they do about medieval man?
(a) Their education.
(b) Their misinformation.
(c) Their upbringing.
(d) Their environment.
12. What religion did Macrobious likely follow?
13. Which of the following was NOT a contributor to the model?
(a) The Bible.
(d) Dante's Divine Comedy.
14. What did the medieval men have to reconcile in their culture?
(a) Tribal differences.
(b) Time changes.
(c) Contradicting statements.
(d) Values that go against nature.
15. What kind of person would not have heard of the model?
(b) Educated people.
(c) Medieval scholars.
(d) Lower citizens.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these is the model a collection of?
2. What about medieval men does Lewis call strange?
3. Which of the following is NOT one of the places where Chalcidius saw evidence of the Triad?
4. How did Lewis describe the debate of nominalism?
5. Who was Amyclas NOT intimidated by?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)