|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What separated nature from the sky?
(a) The horizon.
(b) The orbit of the moon.
(c) The passing of the sun.
(d) The ocean tides.
2. How many sources contributed to the model?
3. Why does Lewis not give full credit to the model?
(a) It was too broad.
(b) It was not sensitive enough to change.
(c) It was not moved by the debates.
(d) All of these.
4. Which of the following is NOT one of the places where Chalcidius saw evidence of the Triad?
(d) God's relation with man.
5. According to Lewis, which is NOT used by most people when thinking about medieval man?
(a) Rigorous thought.
6. How did Scipio Minor plan to meet the gods?
(a) By talking to the moon.
(b) By living virtuously.
(c) By flying.
(d) By committing suicide.
7. Why is it hard to determine what Chalcidius's religion was?
(a) He writes both pagan and Christian literature.
(b) He was loved by both sides.
(c) He never wrote about his beliefs.
(d) He moved from place to place.
8. What did medieval man give a great amount of authority to?
(c) The stars.
9. Which of the following of the medieval man are studied in this book?
(c) Thought process.
10. What other element of medieval times were effected by the model?
11. What was nominalism opposed to?
12. What was the great project of most medieval writers?
(a) To make connections among differing beliefs in books.
(b) To bring a vast level of education to all men.
(c) To record as much history as possible.
(d) To explore the ideas and thought processes of man.
13. What does Lewis say all men have an immediate response to?
(a) Their emotions.
(b) Theis upbringing.
(c) Their thoughts.
(d) Their environment.
14. What would guarantee the truth of something to a medieval man?
(a) Having it written in a book.
(b) Seeing signs in the sky.
(c) Divining it from nature.
(d) Hearing it from a priest.
15. What is the earliest date of a contributor to the model?
(a) 0 AD.
(b) 50 BC.
(c) 0 BC.
(d) 50 AD.
Short Answer Questions
1. What side of the medieval debate did Aristotle side with?
2. What religion did Macrobious likely follow?
3. What is an Antipode?
4. What was philosophy supposed to be free of in order to be pure?
5. What kind of person would not have heard of the model?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)