|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT one of Chalcidius's parts of his Triad?
(a) The executive.
(b) The sovereign.
(c) The judicial.
(d) The subject.
2. How many types of dreams did Macrobius say existed?
3. What did medieval men like to make systems out of?
4. What did Aristotle's writings not interfere with?
(b) The model.
5. Who does Chacidius borrow from to expand the Doctrine of the Triad?
6. Who wrote about Amyclas?
7. What did medieval man give a great amount of authority to?
(d) The stars.
8. What other element of medieval times were effected by the model?
9. Which of the following did Lewis say medieval men worshiped?
(a) None of these.
10. How did the medieval mind differ from the modern mind?
(a) They were very faithful.
(b) They never made snap judgements.
(c) They were very scientific.
(d) They had no pre-concevied notions.
11. What was Amyclas the model of?
(a) A husband and father.
(b) An educated being.
(c) A noble poor man.
(d) An ambitious teacher.
12. What else is the model a reflection of?
(a) Strange beliefs.
(b) Duty and obligation.
(c) Authority figures.
(d) Religious currents.
13. What would guarantee the truth of something to a medieval man?
(a) Seeing signs in the sky.
(b) Hearing it from a priest.
(c) Divining it from nature.
(d) Having it written in a book.
14. Where is Scipio Minor taken in Somnious Scipionis?
15. What about medieval men does Lewis call strange?
(a) Their authority.
(b) Their traditions.
(c) Their beliefs.
(d) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these was the model centered on?
2. What was nominalism opposed to?
3. What was Amyclas's occupation?
4. Which of the following was a medieval writer?
5. Who was Amyclas NOT intimidated by?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)