|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was philosophy supposed to be free of in order to be pure?
2. What did medieval man give a great amount of authority to?
(c) The stars.
3. How did Lewis describe the authority medieval men gave to the written word?
4. How many types of dreams did Macrobius say existed?
5. What is the story about Cato and Marcia an allegory for?
6. Which of the following was a medieval writer?
7. What about medieval man does Lewis call obsolete?
(a) Their ideas.
(b) Their beliefs.
(c) Their values.
(d) Their rituals.
8. How many sources contributed to the model?
9. What is the earliest date of a contributor to the model?
(a) 50 BC.
(b) 50 AD.
(c) 0 BC.
(d) 0 AD.
10. What separated nature from the sky?
(a) The ocean tides.
(b) The passing of the sun.
(c) The horizon.
(d) The orbit of the moon.
11. Who was Amyclas NOT intimidated by?
(b) His wife.
(d) His god.
12. Which of the following was a medieval writer?
13. What does Lewis say separates the medieval man from savages?
(a) Their religion.
(b) Their thirst for knowledge.
(c) Their strict traditions.
(d) Their ideals.
14. Where is Scipio Minor taken in Somnious Scipionis?
15. What was Amyclas's occupation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was medieval philosophy supposed to always be separated from?
2. What was the model a backdrop for?
3. Who began the idea of philosophical purity?
4. What does Lewis say the model should NOT be?
5. What does Lewis say the medieval mind had a desire to do?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)